• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

Shibatora

Batoto | MU

46f7cf4d2ee0ce553193d372d1b3da27.jpg

Synopsis:
Officer Shibata Taketora works in a local koban (a small police office). He may have a child-like face on the outside, but he's more serious than anyone in his pursuit of justice! With his goal being to become a detective, Taketora confronts everyday problems that happen within the town! Various incidents within the street make him chase after and apprehend criminals!

Why You Should Read This:
Looking for a completely badass middle-aged shotacon character? You've come to the right place.

Shibatora is a school-life/delinquent story of how our hero, Shibata Taketora, solves the problems and social conflicts of highschool teenagers that are facing domestic abuse, bullying, criminal gangs. etc. At first, you might question how such a boring looking shota hero would fair among other more attractive side characters. But this series does a splendid job in bringing out the awesomeness of this hero, as he saves people from their social problems and heals their internal struggles. The premise might sound like something out of a cheesy harem manga, but if you go into this series expecting a sweet love-comedy, you might come out traumatized as the series can go pretty dark in portraying things such as drug abuse or rape.

Overall, it is a solid series that delves into modern social issues that teenage delinquents face, and how they struggle to find their place in the world. 

P.S. I believe you would classify this hero as a static protagonist.

#2 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

Feisty

• Moderators
  • 12,565 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:06 AM

I read this a while back (but before it finished). The parts I read were good. Perhaps not 'read right away' good, but I didn't regret reading it.

#3 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:11 AM

I read up to a certain point, i did not particularly like it

qhz8b56l.png

#4 Guardian-Angel

Guardian-Angel

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:08 AM

I remember this manga. It was fun and interesting. I liked Taketora a lot, a very good MC. The ending felt too early, yet I was satisfied with it. All in all, a good series.

ytKhouO.png

"In the midst of this darkness. A path of light exists - outside of the light, nothing can be seen, nothing exists.

I am one who runs in the midst of that light" - Reki, Hidan no Aria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users