Photo

[Films] The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Part 4)

• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#1 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

Previous Thread

Last few posts;

The benefits and hazards of writing a series continuously for 75+ years under the hands of many writers. 

Can't stop watching Daredevil and I have to say (no spoilers FYI) it's really well made and the casting is near perfect. Even without the Daredevil aspect it'd be a damn good show. 

I watched the first 3 episodes so far and I totally agree. Even without Daredevil its an excellent Crime-Drama :) Though why the hell does someone call a neighborhood Hell's Kitchen? xD (I know that it is really called that in real-life, which makes it just more confusing for me^^)

It was a really bad, crime filled area of NY during the 70/80's so much so that a cop referred to it as Hell's Kitchen and the name stuck and was used as a setting for Daredevil.  Nowadays it's peaceful and gentrified so they had to come up with an explanation for why it's still a hell hole for the tv show. 

When Spider-Man is introduced in Captain America: Civil War, he will be Peter Parker -- and Peter Parker will be in high school, Marvel's Kevin Feige confirmed during the press tour for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The executive told Collider, “In terms of the age of an actor we’ll eventually to cast, I don’t know. In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I’d say 15-16 is right.”

Feige also added, "We want to play with Spider-Man in the high school years because frankly there’ve been five Spider-Man films and the amazing thing about it is, even though there’ve been five Spider-Man films, there are so many things from the comics that haven’t been done yet. Not just characters or villains or supporting characters, but sides to his character. The most obvious being the ‘young, doesn’t quite fit in’ kid before his powers, and then the fella that puts on a mask and swings around and fights bad guys and doesn’t shut up, which is something we want to play with and we’re excited about."

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#2 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

If he's only a kid then I doubt we'll have his famous unmasking scene like in the comics. Bit of a bummer :/

#3 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

When Spider-Man is introduced in Captain America: Civil War, he will be Peter Parker -- and Peter Parker will be in high school, Marvel's Kevin Feige confirmed during the press tour for Avengers: Age of Ultron.
The executive told Collider, “In terms of the age of an actor we’ll eventually to cast, I don’t know. In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I’d say 15-16 is right.”
Feige also added, "We want to play with Spider-Man in the high school years because frankly there’ve been five Spider-Man films and the amazing thing about it is, even though there’ve been five Spider-Man films, there are so many things from the comics that haven’t been done yet. Not just characters or villains or supporting characters, but sides to his character. The most obvious being the ‘young, doesn’t quite fit in’ kid before his powers, and then the fella that puts on a mask and swings around and fights bad guys and doesn’t shut up, which is something we want to play with and we’re excited about."

Translation ....

Rehash of the same thing as before. But with the promise of something different.
Only to most likely just be the same thing overall.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#4 White Zangetsu

White Zangetsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGem Road

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

As long as it's not Morales, I'm cool with it.

xlzkh5J.jpg?1

#5 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

I'd like it to be Morales someday but if we're starting from scratch, we have to start with Peter...though I still think putting him back in High School was a bad idea. I'd have preferred that they pulled an "Incredible Hulk" and done a sequel/reboot to The Amazing Spiderman. That way we don't have to repeat stuff like him learning how to use his powers, watching Uncle Ben die, watching Gwen die, the origin stories for villains we've already seen (some of whom we'll be seeing for the third time now). It all just seems really redundant at this point :/

Just cut to him as adult Spidey with Mary-Jane, please.

Edited by Blue22, 11 April 2015 - 03:01 PM.

#6 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

'DEADPOOL' photo released! First Look At Brianna Hildebrand As Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

Spoiler

• Petite Fleur, Kazekage, Tokoya and 1 other like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#7 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

At an Avengers: Age of Ultron press event earlier today, members of the press were treated to a screening of a new Ant-Man trailer. ComicBook.com editor Jim Viscardi was one of the press members in attendance, and he described the new trailer as awesome.

For those not at the press event, Marvel also revealed that they will release the new Ant-Man trailer online on Monday. The trailer will also run in theaters with showings of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

During press events for Avengers: Age Of Ultron, Marvel President Kevin Feige revealed that Doctor Strange will begin filming this November.

At an event for bloggers, Feige confirmed Doctor Strange, which will be directed by Scott Derrickson (Sinister) and star Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock) in the title role, will start filming in November.

When asked about Doctor Strange, Feige said he was "excited" about Cumberbatch as Strange. He also stressed that his focus is always to make sure that all MCU films are strong on their own and the same will go for Doctor Strange.

Doctor Strange is scheduled for release on November 4, 2016.

Edited by Royal_King, 11 April 2015 - 06:44 PM.

• Kazekage, Tokoya, Raiden and 2 others like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

#8 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

There's not a single thing they can do that'll make me excited for Antman. I'm more excited for that weird gritty Fantastic Four movie with anti-social hacker Dr. Doom :/

((Speaking of the FF, anyone else think they should have been a top priority to get into the MCU over Spiderman? A Marvel Universe just doesn't feel right without Dr. Doom))

Edited by Blue22, 11 April 2015 - 07:38 PM.

• garlyle likes this

#9 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationNestled in the comfortable embrace of darkness

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

I never got into FF but I agree that Doom is a top tier character. Unfortunately he doesn't get much love in the comics these days, for whatever reason, and after the travesties that fox inflicted, and is about to inflict, on the world, it would be pretty difficult to get anyone to take the character seriously.

When Edgar Wright left I immediately wrote ant man off. Everything I've seen and heard since then has just reenforced the feeling that the movie is going to be trash. I don't understand why they're going though with it honestly.

Daredevil was good.

Spoiler

• Blue22 likes this

#10 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

I'm actually surprised I've never gotten into the FF comics. I've enjoyed their TV shows and the first two movies. And I'm always a sucker fro a good family (surrogate or traditional) or team story (hence why the X-men, Titans, and anything with the Batfamily are my favorite comics; why the Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie; and why Fairy Tail and HunterXHunter are my favorite mangas) but the comics never really got my attention. 

As for Doom, if they couldn't merge the FF universe with the MCU, then I think they should have done what they did with Quicksilver and make their own version of the character. I'd actually be more excited to see the Avengers go up against him than Thanos.

Edited by Blue22, 11 April 2015 - 08:03 PM.

#11 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

I would want to see Kaine Parker in a movie at some point.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#12 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

When it comes to FF I never cared for them in any media however I love Doom,Silver suffer and Galactus.

• Raiden likes this

HXZmyoy.jpg

#13 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:57 PM

I'd like it to be Morales someday but if we're starting from scratch, we have to start with Peter...though I still think putting him back in High School was a bad idea. I'd have preferred that they pulled an "Incredible Hulk" and done a sequel/reboot to The Amazing Spiderman. That way we don't have to repeat stuff like him learning how to use his powers, watching Uncle Ben die, watching Gwen die, the origin stories for villains we've already seen (some of whom we'll be seeing for the third time now). It all just seems really redundant at this point :/

Just cut to him as adult Spidey with Mary-Jane, please.

I agree, that going through the origin story again, is rather unappealing. 

But I don't believe we need to start with Peter Parker. For starts, we've gotten enough of Peter as is.

An as said before. The whole MCU is mostly a AU, and thus thing's won't or shouldn't be the same as they are more so known to being. Example being the upcoming film of "Ant Man", and how Hank Pym will already be old an not the man many will know as being the titled character. Plus not a founding member of The Avengers.

So as I've said before, they could an probably should have, used the Spider-Man franchise, but do something 'different' with it. An not just more or less repeat the same thing we've had for over the past decade or so. 

Maybe use "Spider-Gwen", or pull another Ant-Man, but with Peter never being a superhero, or maybe never getting the chance to do so with his powers; thus leaving us with .. May Parker (Peter and MJ's daughter), growing up and developing/awakening her abilities, to finally donning a the web slinging mask an identity of Spider-Girl.

Course they could have also just worked with Jessica Drew aka Spider-Woman.

Since I believe she's not only a more notable member of the Avengers, but also a longer running member as well.

But  .... *sigh* ... whatever.

Is what it is.

There's not a single thing they can do that'll make me excited for Antman.

When Edgar Wright left I immediately wrote ant man off. Everything I've seen and heard since then has just reenforced the feeling that the movie is going to be trash. I don't understand why they're going though with it honestly.

I wouldn't write it off really.

Actually I'd wait to see it first, before anything else.

After all, if the past an more recent history has taught (or should have) us anything. It's that even if people think, feel, and believe, that something is going to be bad due to either looks, casting, or whatever. That in the end it just might not be, that you may end up surprised, that above all end up feeling like a Jack-Ass for your initial stance.

Examples being Nolan's own Dark Knight Trilogy, GotG, Iron Man, The Avengers, etc.

Not to say or deny that there hasn't been some stinkers (Man of Destruction), regardless of the stance people had for the film or films. But still there has been a number that has defied the initial beliefs of nay sayers, as well without much doubt more yet to come.

• Raiden and Blue22 like this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#14 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

I was willing to give Ant-Man the benefit of the doubt. I like Hank Pym and Janet (even though they aren't the stars of the movie), maybe Scott Lang would be a cool character even though I know nothing about him and I didn't write it off even after Wright left; all because it was an MCU movie. However, between Agent Carter, Daredevil, Age of Ultron,  the upcoming Jessica Jones show, Luke Cage, I've lost all interest in Ant-Man. I no longer have any interest in seeing a movie where Hank is an old man and Janet is dead. Out of all the Marvel movies, this one feels the least like a Marvel movie. It would have probably benefited it it came out during Phase One and not during Phase Two.   

Kevin Fiege on Spider-man's MCU Debut & Costume

When Crave Online caught up with Kevin Feige at the Avengers: Age of Ultron press junket, they asked the Marvel Studios President whether or not they are planning on retelling Peter Parker's origin story. Thankfully, the answer is no! "In Spider-Man’s very specific case, where there have been two retellings of that origin in the last whatever it’s been – [thirteen] years – for us we are going to take it for granted that people know that, and the specifics," he confirmed. "It will not be an origin story. But, with great power comes great responsibility. It is inherent to who his character is. But we want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers." So, if we're going to dive straight into the life of this new Spider-Man (starting with Captain America: Civil War), does that mean he's already active in this world? "There is a young kid [already] running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don’t know it yet," Feige laughed. This could mean that we're going to see a version of Steve Ditko's take on Spidey. 

After all, neither of the past Spider-Man costumes have really looked like something a high school kid would make, so this makes sense. It also fits in with those leaked emails which revealed that Tony Stark presents Peter Parker with a new suit. After saying that he thinks the past Spider-Man movies got some things right, Feige emphasised a desire to have the character interact with other heroes and explore his high school years in greater depth. He also wants to delve into Spidey's comedic side, by touching on "his nervous energy, bothering the criminals with banter as much as with his powers. That’s something that I think we’re excited to explore." Feige then went on to talk about the look of the new Spider-Man and how it differs to previous versions. "I mean look, I was more involved in the Raimi ones, and think they did a very good job. But that being said, we’ve already designed the costume, which is different than any of the ones that have come before. And yet ours is classic Spidey, as I think you’ll see." What do you guys think?

If Spidey is already running around in the MCU then he will probably have 2-3 years of experience by the time his movie comes out. 

I love the Fantastic Four. I own some of the digest collections of their early adventures, I've seen the cartoons and the movies. Dr. Doom is one of the best villains in all of comics and he is the quintessential super villain. 

However, I have no interest in the upcoming FF reboot.  I would be if it wasn't a Fantastic Four movie but an original story. As it is, they are just using FF as a spring board to do their own thing.  

Trank would have had more luck if he was directing a Doom Patrol  movie. Take everything he's said about the FF movie and apply it to DP and we would be cheering him from the sidelines in full cheerleader gear. 

• Blue22 and YoWid like this

#15 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:46 PM

DareDevil has been so so for me.

Ugg!!

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#16 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:56 PM

the perfect solution to the answer of Spider Man in the Marvel Movie universe

Spoiler

• Petite Fleur, Kazekage and Blue22 like this

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#17 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

Maybe use "Spider-Gwen", or pull another Ant-Man, but with Peter never being a superhero, or maybe never getting the chance to do so with his powers; thus leaving us with .. May Parker (Peter and MJ's daughter), growing up and developing/awakening her abilities, to finally donning a the web slinging mask an identity of Spider-Girl.

Course they could have also just worked with Jessica Drew aka Spider-Woman.

Since I believe she's not only a more notable member of the Avengers, but also a longer running member as well.

But  .... *sigh* ... whatever.

Is what it is.

Spider-Gwen was a nice AU concept but....I'd kinda like her role in anything mainstream to be as spidey's dead girlfriend. I already wasn't a big fan of her character until the Amazing Spider-man movies (Emma Stone seriously brought that character to life for me. I already knew it was coming, wanted it to happen, and still felt a little saddened by her death) and I liked the impact that hers and Jason Todd's death had on comics at the time. Sometimes the hero can't save everyone, and even worse, sometimes the ones they can't save are the ones they love (of course in Jason's case, he got to come back. But look what he came back as. That shit's still gonna haunt Batman) Of course Spider-Gwen also learned that lesson since her version of Peter is dead....but I think the 616 version was a little more tragic.

May Day as Spider-Girl would have been cool but it also would have been a HUGE risk that I'm not sure Marvel Studios is ready (or willing) to take. Sometimes it's okay to cater to comic book fans at the expense of alienating or confusing people who are only familiar with the mainstream...but that might be a little TOO big for now (as would Spider-Gwen). I can see the internet exploding over those two worse than it did when people (particularly those who clearly don't read the comics and only recognize Peter as the only Spider hero) thought the MCU was getting Miles Morales.

Jessica Drew would be the safest choice out of the three because she's in the mainstream universe, a well known member of the Avengers and not connected to the other Spiders in any way. I'm actually surprised that we ended up getting Peter Parker before her. As much as people were clamoring for Spider-man even though Marvel didn't have the rights, I thought they'd try to appease the rabid fans by giving them Spider-woman instead.

I wouldn't write it off really.

Actually I'd wait to see it first, before anything else.

After all, if the past an more recent history has taught (or should have) us anything. It's that even if people think, feel, and believe, that something is going to be bad due to either looks, casting, or whatever. That in the end it just might not be, that you may end up surprised, that above all end up feeling like a Jack-Ass for your initial stance.

Examples being Nolan's own Dark Knight Trilogy, GotG, Iron Man, The Avengers, etc.

Not to say or deny that there hasn't been some stinkers (Man of Destruction), regardless of the stance people had for the film or films. But still there has been a number that has defied the initial beliefs of nay sayers, as well without much doubt more yet to come.

I've just never been a big fan of Ant-man. I couldn't stand Hank Pym and I never gave two shits about Scott Lang. I'm sure it'll be a decent movie but I have such little interest in the characters that it would need something as large as a team-up with the X-men for me to spend money to see it.

#18 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:49 AM

If the new Spider-man movie  wasn't set in the MCU then I would support a Mayday/Spider-girl movie or a Miles Morales/Spider-man one or one starring an adult married Peter Parker.  However, because they are introducing him to the MCU, I can see why they are starting back at square one. Furthermore, Marvel does show a sense of awareness since they said they are not doing an origin story and the movie possibly exploring Spidey's relationship with other heroes; all of which helps set it apart from the previous movies.

As a friend of mine pointed out, the fall of SHIELD means there could be a lot of super powered people running around without anyone to keep check on them.  We are already seeing that with Daredevil who hasn't run into any major MCU characters. If SHIELD existed as it did before Cap 2 then we would be wondering why Nick Fury hasn't appeared in front of Matt's door step. 

Besides, any Spidey reboot is worth it if they manage to incorporate this scene into the movie: 

Spoiler

Edited by Kazekage, 12 April 2015 - 01:51 AM.

• Blue22 and Royal_King like this

#19 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:10 AM

Marvel Easter Eggs & References In Daredevil

#20 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip