Photo

[Anime] Naruto Movie Discussion (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
776 replies to this topic

#41 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

Oh u dun it now.

Raikage and Bee could take Pein.

Mei might be able to take a single path by herself with the Hidden Mist Jutsu (the only way she can take anyone)

Oonoki could take him.

Gaara could probably take him as well.

Tsunade could put up a fight on paper.

What?!? Wait actually I agree with raikage and Bee taking him but hell no not tsunade. I also agree I think Oonoki could take him as well. Garra would of been killed though. Lol. I use to love Garra but his hairstyle at the end of the manga has filled me with nothing but hate :) lol.

Edited by KUROkami, 27 December 2014 - 03:37 PM.

• Blue22 likes this

#42 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

*this is the part where the black guy gives the okay* :P

He did nothing wrong, that is indeed what "wigger" means. But does it describe Naruto's sloppy ass casual-wear? No. If we're gonna try and see what stereotype he looks the most like now, I'd go with stoner.

I saw no harm either. I think we should not be so hyper defensive about things.
  • waleuska, Blue22, TheLastPierrot and 1 other like this

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#43 TheLastPierrot

TheLastPierrot

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

No, just if you're going to type out the N word, at least use the asterisks :P

lmao, I think we are all adults here, no? what would the asterisks accomplish ? xD

Edited by TheLastPierrot, 27 December 2014 - 06:09 PM.

• Blue22 likes this

check my facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook...heDreamCatcherz

or my twitter: https://twitter.com/TheLastPierrot

#44 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

The itachi being good postmoterm was a complete rip off from Metal Gear Solid 3. I mean an evil character whose mission was to be "evil", to be killed by a beloved one so that he can become the hero, sacrificing your honor to avoid a world war, someone telling the story postmotermly, the beloved one crying and becoming evil.

Kishi should have just sticked with Itachi being a psycho power hungry douche. He was awesome like this... there was no need to make it overly dramatic.

I disagree. Whether it was inspired by something else or not, it made Itachi a much better character IMO (though it honestly shouldn't have been THAT big of a shock. We all knew there had to be a reason for him to just wake up one day and randomly murder everyone in his family, save for his little brother. The fact that he spared Sasuke should have been a big enough indicator that he wasn't a full blown psycho like the majority of the Uchihas)

I had no interest in the guy at all when I thought he was just some generic evil brother who was just there to be Sasuke's inspiration for all of his actions. Back then, he felt like less of a character and more of tool for the plot. He was boring. Now he's one of my favorite characters and the only reason I don't believe the Uchiha is just a breeding ground for the mentally unstable. Sure Kishi has a problem with ruining his evil characters with tragic back stories and hidden depths (Tobi, and Kabuto) but Itachi is a rare instance where he did it right.

What?!? Wait actually I agree with raikage and Bee taking him but hell no not tsunade. I also agree I think Oonoki could take him as well. Garra would of been killed though. Lol. I use to love Garra but his hairstyle at the end of the manga has filled me with nothing but hate :) lol.

If they put up the same kind of fight that they did against Madara, all of the Kage could probably beat Pein or at least come close.

Edited by Blue22, 27 December 2014 - 05:21 PM.

• waleuska likes this

#45 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

^^if it was all of them vs him I believe they could as well. But I don't think he meant kage vs

#46 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:43 PM

That's what I meant as well. A and Oonoki could definitely take him on by themselves. The "maybes" are Tsunade, Gaara, and Mei but I wouldn't outright say they don't stand a chance. Like most villains, Pein was shown to not be that big of a threat once his arc was over and everyone who was still alive suddenly pull powers out of their asses that would have been loads of help beforehand (Sakura). Remember the huge pedestals that characters like Hiruzen and Orochimaru were on? With that in mind, there are a couple of characters who I didn't think could take Pein at the time but probably could now and maybe even could have back then if they brought their "A game" like they did in the war arc.

Edited by Blue22, 27 December 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#47 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

^^^ word

Kind of mad Madara didn't officially get defeated by Naruto & Sauske
  • Chocolaleo likes this

#48 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

lmao, I think we are all adults here, no? what would the asterisks accomplish ? xD

Show some respect at least by realizing how derogatory that term is. Same reason we censor profanity, no? At least the really obscene ones?

Edited by Fenrix, 27 December 2014 - 08:33 PM.

• KUROkami likes this

#49 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11157 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

Show some respect at least by realizing how derogatory that term is. Same reason we censor profanity, no? At least the really obscene ones?

Show some respect by realizing different people speak differently than you do.

This conversation is extremely stupid.

If you're stupid enough to ask someone to explain something instead of just googling it then you can't be offended by their explanation. As well, you can't expect everyone else to be as offended or uneasy about something as you are.

So, no more "you shouldn't use that word" 

• waleuska, Blue22 and TheLastPierrot like this

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#50 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

If you're stupid enough to ask someone to explain something instead of just googling it then you can't be offended by their explanation. As well, you can't expect everyone else to be as offended or uneasy about something as you are.

Ummm, the show respect part was in response to what it would accomplish? I wasn't berating him about it?

#51 TheLastPierrot

TheLastPierrot

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

if i call you a bitc* or an Idio* will the asterisk make you feel less insulted? :D

Besides you are completely and utterly missing the point about how insults work (and overacting like crazy, typical of american culture I have to say)
The person in question was explaining what the word means, he wasnt using the word to insult anyone. Just stop being so paranoid (or maybe just politically correct?)
A word by itself doesnt mean anything, what gives it meaning is the context which you completely chose to ignore apparently.

Edited by TheLastPierrot, 27 December 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#52 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11157 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

ohmygod shut up

• Blue22 likes this

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#53 TheLastPierrot

TheLastPierrot

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

ohmygod shut up

ummm-no.gif

• Blue22 likes this

#54 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:20 PM

Lol this is the most ignorant statement ever made. Questions were made to be asked he answered and that's it. And one cannot tell another what and what not to be offended by..that's just stupid.

#55 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5745 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:00 AM

What the heck happened in here while I was at work?  :huh: Moving on

@Blue22 It definitely was not a surprise to me that Itachi turned out to be good, and I know many around the world were in the same position. I don't remember who, but there was a guy who had damn near everything surrounding Itachi pinned down to a T; him being good, wanting Sasuke to kill him, the Massacre being on Konoha's orders, etc. I thought Itachi was cool beforehand, but the backstory and reasoning made him all the better to me.

I'd take Pein over all five of the current Kages, however i'd say A and Onoki are exactly even with him. Gaara has potential, other two lose.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#56 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:25 AM

I'll admit to be totally surprised by how he turned out. I knew there had to be some reason for his actions but I didn't think the village was corrupt enough to make a guy murder his whole family and then go into exile, making the whole world think he's a criminal. When I think about it now, everything was pretty obvious but when I actually read what happened for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised and had a new found respect for Itachi....it's a shame that the end results of his plan kinda fell apart thanks to his dipshit brother.

"I'm gonna honor my brother's memory by doing the exact opposite of what he wanted me to do"

The fuck kind of logic is that, Sasuke?

• waleuska, Blackody and RealityEnsues like this

#57 TheLastPierrot

TheLastPierrot

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

What the heck happened in here while I was at work?  :huh: Moving .

In short: people getting offended, people getting offended at people getting offended and people getting offended that people got offended at people getting offended .
  • waleuska, Blue22 and RealityEnsues like this

#58 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

if i call you a bitc* or an Idio* will the asterisk make you feel less insulted? :D

Besides you are completely and utterly missing the point about how insults work (and overacting like crazy, typical of american culture I have to say)
The person in question was explaining what the word means, he wasnt using the word to insult anyone. Just stop being so paranoid (or maybe just politically correct?)
A word by itself doesnt mean anything, what gives it meaning is the context which you completely chose to ignore apparently.

I'll reply to you both.

Just because someone else might not find something offensive doesn't make it any less offensive. Lol, I didn't even ask what "wigger" meant. All  I did was kindly inform Urek that what he said, especially the bit about the "nigga" image can be seen as result of racial stereotypes and influences. I'm not going to apologize for pointing that out. 

@TheLastPierrot: Are you sure you're not the one overreacting ;)? I'm not the one calling people crazy and paranoid.

I already acknowledged the fact that it was not Urek's intention to be insulting so no, I didn't ignore the context of the word. There are some words that people don't want to see or that are highly negative and derogatory in term and in respect to that, most people use asterisks to bleep out/censor that word. We even have a PG-13 language rule in place on OMF. If he wrote out the N word as this "n*****", I don't think anyone would have a problem. He just needed to be more tactful.

Sad to see that discussing these things are "extremely stupid". 

Edited by Fenrix, 28 December 2014 - 01:32 AM.

#59 TheLastPierrot

TheLastPierrot

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:31 AM

I'll admit to be totally surprised by how he turned out. I knew there had to be some reason for his actions but I didn't think the village was corrupt enough to make a guy murder his whole family and then go into exile, making the whole world think he's a criminal. When I think about it now, everything was pretty obvious but when I actually read what happened for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised and had a new found respect for Itachi....it's a shame that the end results of his plan kinda fell apart thanks to his dipshit brother.

"I'm gonna honor my brother's memory by doing the exact opposite of what he wanted me to do"

The fuck kind of logic is that, Sasuke?

If Itachi wanted sasuke to be a healthy and logic man maybe he shouldn't have traumatized the livin shit out of him for life, and then when he was starting to recover just fuk him up a bit more by brainwashing him " you are not strong enough cuz you lack hate"
Itachi for brother of the year! :D

Edited by TheLastPierrot, 28 December 2014 - 10:40 AM.

• Blue22 likes this

#60 SoulFire

SoulFire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:52 AM

Wow! Didn't think my use of a word that has been used to describe the dress of white guys taking on the look of  'cool' black guys would cause a Politically Incorrect moment! The hoodie and the extra baggie britches Naruto wears remind me of that look, that's all there is to it--no insult to anyone intended (though I'm not a fan of that style on anyone). At least his pants aren't dragging under his butt! Lol! In truth, black people in Naruto's world don't even dress like this, so it isn't relevant in that way. He's just dressing extra sloppy, and I don't think it looks good on him at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users