#21 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Now that the anime is reaching its end/hiatus...

Any news from Funi regarding Season 2?

Anyone?  <_<

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#22 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Etherion is elemental magic.

no it isn't, it's pure magic energy

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#23 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,115 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

no it isn't, it's pure magic energy

Made out of the five elements.

Therefore it is elemental magic.

#24 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

soooo,any clues on what flipping language minerva's spells arer in? cause at least 2 were translated :/

#25 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,115 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

soooo,any clues on what flipping language minerva's spells arer in? cause at least 2 were translated :/

Maybe Mashima added the pronunciation on top of those signs in katakana... and maybe that can be translated as something. I didn't see the raws though; maybe Krono would know better.

#26 Marche

Marche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

I want to know which is the better traslation between mangastream and mangapanda regarding what says Gray to Lluvia.

What I want to know is the translation of the first frame of this page http://mangastream.c...ry-tail/321/19.

I want to know because if is better the mangapanda translation this would means that other for the unison raid (that I think there will be anyways), even Lluvia and Gray will have an increase of power, just like happened to Erza.

Thanks in advance to those who respond me.

Edited by Marche, 05 March 2013 - 07:44 AM.

Gray and Lluvia  :valentine:  :hug3: 

3PtA6Vm.gif

#27 SleekPlatypus

SleekPlatypus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Mangastream translations are usually better for any series, i guess because they take more time to translate or have better translators, i don't know, but all the sites have the mangapanda translations then switch it to mangastream when those come out. 

#28 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,604 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

While Mangastream's translations are easier to read, they aren't completely faithful to the original dialogue.

#29 SleekPlatypus

SleekPlatypus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

While Mangastream's translations are easier to read, they aren't completely faithful to the original dialogue.

True, but that can be said of any translation. Certain expressions or words cannot be translated verbatim. Mangastream just makes more sense, seems more natural. Also the first translation that appears sometimes has typos or mistakes and it becomes really hard to understand. Some One Piece chapters in the past made no sense - not to mention that stupid mangapanda insignia they put on the pages over important parts - until the mangastream version comes out.

Best answer is that is no "best" translation, just read both and pick the one you understand best or use both versions and try to understand what is happening , the essence of the story is still there, no matter what you are reading.

#30 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

True, but that can be said of any translation. Certain expressions or words cannot be translated verbatim. Mangastream just makes more sense, seems more natural. Also the first translation that appears sometimes has typos or mistakes and it becomes really hard to understand. Some One Piece chapters in the past made no sense - not to mention that stupid mangapanda insignia they put on the pages over important parts - until the mangastream version comes out.

Best answer is that is no "best" translation, just read both and pick the one you understand best or use both versions and try to understand what is happening , the essence of the story is still there, no matter what you are reading.

It's not a simple matter of "Certain expressions or words cannot be translated verbatim". Mangastream will flat out make stuff up in order to sound "good", or "funny" or "witty". They also have their own watermark, and they had it long before Manga Panda came about.

• DaEvilWithin likes this

#31 Marche

Marche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

I really want to know which translation regarding the next chapter title is better between mangapanda and mangastream.

Can someone help me???

Gray and Lluvia  :valentine:  :hug3: 

3PtA6Vm.gif

#32 Truelaxus

Truelaxus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

guys someone has understood what are the difference between lightning god magic and laxus lightning ? ty

#33 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

guys someone has understood what are the difference between lightning god magic and laxus lightning ? ty

Laxus's lightning comes from his Lightning Dragon Slayer lacrima.

Lightning God Slayer Magic, which is a derivation of the God Slayer Magic branch, has unknown origins. Zancrow was taught Fire GS magic by Hades, so it isn't far-fetched to assume that Orga learned his Lightning GS magic from a being with highly formidable magical strength. 

• Truelaxus likes this

ZmZNGgT.gif

#34 Truelaxus

Truelaxus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Lightning God Slayer Magic, which is a derivation of the God Slayer Magic branch, has unknown origins. Zancrow was taught Fire GS magic by Hades, so it isn't far-fetched to assume that Orga learned his Lightning GS magic from a being with highly formidable magical strength. 

ok but what are the differences of use?it seems only more destructive ..

#35 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

ok but what are the differences of use?it seems only more destructive ..

Only way to assertively answer this is to go along the assumption that we're comparing a GS and DS which draw power from a same element (fire, iron, lightning).

GS's power is more destructive of the two, as witnessed through Natsu vs. Zancrow, Wendy vs. Chelia (Chelia's strength overwhelmed Wendy despite Wendy being able to keep up), and Laxus vs. Orga (Tough stalemate until Jura flattened Orga, who then proceeded to lose a hard-fist battle with Laxus).

Also, there is one more difference: Unless a DS nullifies his magical strength entirely,he/she cannot consume a GS's elemental power for rejuvenation/strength enhancement purposes, while a GS can consume a DS's elemental power as easily as he/she can consume the same element from other sources.

Edited by Phenomiracle, 16 March 2013 - 11:13 AM.

• Truelaxus likes this

ZmZNGgT.gif

#36 SleekPlatypus

SleekPlatypus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

How did future Lucy know how Fairy Tail will win the tournament when present Lucy wasn't even there? Or is that some sort of stupid time paradox that should have made the world implode?

#37 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

How did future Lucy know how Fairy Tail will win the tournament when present Lucy wasn't even there? Or is that some sort of stupid time paradox that should have made the world implode?

Future Rogue was the one who informed Princess Hisui of Fairy Tail's victory at the tournament. Not Future Lucy.

We still don't know about the effects of time travel in this series, but going by the assumption that there is one singular timeline, in which the destruction of Fiore by the dragons is inevitable (which is unlikely), then Future Lucy was informed of FT's victory at the same time in HER time that current Lucy herself was informed in this chapter by Arcadios and Hisui.

ZmZNGgT.gif

#38 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

Well, not all of it. Most of Laxus's lightning attacks appear to be regular lightning magic, not DS magic.

#39 Truelaxus

Truelaxus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

can someone explain me ultear's orb technique ? they only do physical attacks ? thanks

#40 OrangeMage

OrangeMage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Locationthe bowels of the internet

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

can someone explain me ultear's orb technique ? they only do physical attacks ? thanks

She uses her Arc of Time to cause her orb to appear in multiple points by showing all possible places it can appear in time, then she uses telekinesis to hit her target.

• Truelaxus likes this

12.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users