121 replies to this topic

#41 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Etherion is elemental magic.

In RPGs and such... these are the general elements.

Elemental:

Fire

Wind

Water

Earth

Life (like plants)

Primordial:

Holy/Light.., the type paladins, white mages, priest use

Dark. . . the type necromances, warlocks use

Arcane... spirit energy, ki, the ether  The type arcane mages use.

Etherion is likely arcane magic... ETHERion.

Edited by nosebleed, 07 April 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#42 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

In RPGs and such... these are the general elements.

Elemental:

Fire

Wind

Water

Earth

Life (like plants)

Primordial:

Holy/Light.., the type paladins, white mages, priest use

Dark. . . the type necromances, warlocks use

Arcane... spirit energy, ki, the ether  The type arcane mages use.

Arcane may be the union of all other elements. That interpretation goes well with the statement that Etherion is composed of "not just fire, but other elements as well".

#43 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Arcane may be the union of all other elements. That interpretation goes well with the statement that Etherion is composed of "not just fire, but other elements as well".

Not always... it's its own thing.

More like "magic particle" magic.. ki, psychic force magic, chakra. 

Arcane mage.  Base magic for mortals.  Non-elemental...

Look at Naruto...

Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning, Yin, Yang.   Chakra = arcane... the fuel of magic.  

Now take Warcraft.

Priests, Shaman, Warlocks use magic by convening with elementals or higher entities. 

Mages will their magic through manipulating their own magic flow or something.

#44 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Etherion is literally composed of different elements though. Erza or Jellal, I forgot who said it, pointed out that it's "not just fire" that means fire is present, along with other elements.

#45 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

I posted this in the discussion thread, but this might be a better place:

How does Future Lucy still exist if the Present Lucy's future has been altered completely?

That's something I just can't understand. It's one big paradox.

If the Present Lucy and her friends succeeded in saving everyone and sending the dragons and future rogue back, that means the Lucy from the future never existed because the Present Lucy would never end up like her.

But the Present Lucy only succeeded because Future Lucy assisted her... But now that Present Lucy is going to have a different future, then Future Lucy is no more... 

Can someone help me out please?

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#46 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

How does Future Lucy still exist if the Present Lucy's future has been altered completely?

If the Present Lucy and her friends succeeded in saving everyone and sending the dragons and future rogue back, that means the Lucy from the future never existed because the Present Lucy would never end up like her.

But the Present Lucy only succeeded because Future Lucy assisted her... But now that Present Lucy is going to have a different future, then Future Lucy is no more... 

Future Lucy's timeline apparently continue's to exist, this is why she continues to travel to the past(like as in a time loop). This is proven by her and F-Rogue both existing at the same time, they come from different timelines and would therefore not exist at the same time if there was only one timeline.

Edited by Sloth9230, 28 June 2013 - 10:49 AM.

• eemo23 likes this

#47 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

This is a little complicated. There are two 'types' of settings for time travel

Type 1: There is only one timeline. So a choice made in the present will only result in one future happening out of several possibilities. Consequently, if someone time-travels back from the future to the present and makes a different choice from what led to their future, the original future will be erased and a new one created in its place. Meanwhile the person from the original future who travelled back will be erased as their future no longer exists.

Type 2: There are multiple timelines. Choices made in the present lead to different futures that exist parallel to each other, like multiple branches growing from a tree trunk. For example if someone shoots me, there can be one future where I died and another where I survived. Both exist, and both have different versions of the world: One where I still live and another where I died and everything happened without me.

In such a scenario, if someone from one future travels to the present and makes a different choice from what led to their future, a new future will be created(like a new branch of the tree) but the original future(other branch) will still exist. So the person who came from that future will still exist and when he/she returns, he/she will return to their original future and not the new one created.

Hiro Mashima has basically chosen Type 2. Read it a couple times and it'll make sense. Another example of this is 'Future Trunks' from Dragonball Z.

BTW, as Future Lucy's old post-apocalyptic future still exists, she did not 'return' there. She died and met other dead members of the Fairy Tail from her future. That's why she appeared in a grassy plain and the faces of her fellow Fairy Tail members aren't shown. And if you look carefully you'll see Levy(The one person from her future who was confirmed to be alive) isn't among them.

• eemo23 likes this

#48 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Here's something I don't understand:

Makarov is ranked 6th (I think) in the 10 wizard saints and Jura is ranked 5. Laxus beat Jura, so does that mean Laxus is capable of being a wizard saint?

Another thing - Makarov is supposed to be an almighty wizard saint, but he got taken down easily with that guy from Phantom Lord I think. It was a cheap win, but what does that say about the power of these so called "wizard saints"?

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#49 alekos23

alekos23

No Sardine

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Makarov is ranked 6th (I think) in the 10 wizard saints and Jura is ranked 5. Laxus beat Jura, so does that mean Laxus is capable of being a wizard saint?

Another thing - Makarov is supposed to be an almighty wizard saint, but he got taken down easily with that guy from Phantom Lord I think. It was a cheap win, but what does that say about the power of these so called "wizard saints"?

weeell,it says that its huge.the reason he got one shotted was cause he was too strong,total magic loss gets worse the more powerful the wizard is :P

• eemo23 likes this

#50 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

weeell,it says that its huge.the reason he got one shotted was cause he was too strong,total magic loss gets worse the more powerful the wizard is :P

Now if Jura is ranked higher than Makarov and Laxus beat Jura, does that mean Laxus is stronger than Makarov as well?!

And if Natsu is stronger than Laxus (which I don't think we can say for sure), then...

s7218980.jpg

#51 alekos23

alekos23

No Sardine

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Now if Jura is ranked higher than Makarov and Laxus beat Jura, does that mean Laxus is stronger than Makarov as well?!

And if Natsu is stronger than Laxus (which I don't think we can say for sure), then...

eeeeh,dunno really.i think Laxus is faster than Makarov,but Makarov is more durable ,both in titan and regular.but there are the age issues,which means that without FL,laxus could maaaaaybe,outlast him a bit :shrug:

• eemo23 likes this

#52 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

http://mangastream.com/blog/10

For those familiar with both OP and FT, could you please explain about the "subtle jabs Oda has been taking on FT?".

s7218980.jpg

#53 alekos23

alekos23

No Sardine

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

MS being idiots ? :rly:

maybe the last dialogue or something? :psyduck:

#54 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

I was reading MS's blog page, and I came across this post by "PartyMonster".

"I think it's the fact that Luffy took on the name "Lucy", the tournament in Dressrosa being Oda's superior take on a tournament arc, and the "fairies" (which just turned out to be dwarves)"

s7218980.jpg

#55 alekos23

alekos23

No Sardine

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

yeeeeeeah,sounds a bit too much like someone's opinion.if he didnt have the "superior" in it,it might 've looked less like it and be somewhat credible :P

#56 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

IIRC Jura only got ranked higher than Makarov because Makarov had vanished for 7 years. Having been presumed dead during that period would he even have been counter among the Saints?

#57 SleekPlatypus

SleekPlatypus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

When and why did Raven Tail get disbanded? Did i miss a page or something?

#58 Marche

Marche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

When and why did Raven Tail get disbanded? Did i miss a page or something?

No. We have knwown it only in chapter 341.

Gray and Lluvia  :valentine:  :hug3: 

3PtA6Vm.gif

#59 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Is Fairy Tail on break this week or is there some kind of holiday in Japan?

#60 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Is Fairy Tail on break this week or is there some kind of holiday in Japan?

Not that I know of? What gave you that idea?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users