5 replies to this topic

#1 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, so... I'm back to writing fanfic again.  Figured it can't hurt to post it here along with my usual place on FF.net.

Older story that I started years ago and now that I'm back into the fandom, figured I'd revisit and finish this one up.  

Title: Faded Memories
Author: Rhyssa Fireheart
Pairings: None at this time
Characters: CP9, OC
Fandom: One Piece
Rating: K
Disclaimer: Don’t own it, never will.  Just like to play around with it in my mind.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sea train pulled into the station at St. Poplar on a stormy day.  The passengers grumbled as they got out, fumbling to find umbrellas or coats to protect them from the rain.  One woman didn’t bother though; she simply limped her way up the street, pausing to notice the houses covered in…were those soap bubbles?  Shaking her head, she continued on to the hotel, not wishing to spend more time getting wet than she had to.

When he finally woke up, Rob Lucci was relieved to find himself alive and alone.  Hattori fluttered to the window sill of what appeared to be a hospital room and let out a happy series of chirps before flying off again.  He closed his eyes again, falling back asleep.

The next time he woke up, the room was filled with the other members of Cipher Pol 9 perched on stools, chairs, the window ledge (next to a returned Hattori) and even crammed into the corner, filling the room.  They’d been talking quietly amongst themselves, waiting to see that their leader was truly going to survive after all.  The doctor squeezed into the room to give Lucci a quick exam and then left, saying the patient needed to rest in bed for at least another four days and warning the others not to tire him out too much.

Spoiler keep reading

• ishxallxgood and YoWid like this

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#2 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:24 AM

Another older story now cleaned up and posted over on Fanfiction.net.  This time it's for Naruto and fair warning, it's OC-centric.  Wrote this as part of a series of stories I was doing for an AU starting during the three year timeskip.  This just happened to be the first one I finished.

Title: Broken
Author: Rhyssa Fireheart
Pairing: None at this time
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: T+ 
Disclaimer: Don’t own it, never will. Just like to play around with it in my mind.

Posted today over on Fanfiction.net (which is where I archive almost all my stories – gaming related ones aren’t there).
-------------------------------------------------

Shinobi don’t fall out of trees. They receive rigorous training in chakra control in order to stick to the sides of objects (such as trees) or run across water or even to move quickly in short bursts, making it seem as if they can disappear. So why was she lying on her back gasping for breath, sprawled in the grass with a large root digging into her back? Not that it mattered, she couldn’t have fallen, obviously, because shinobi aren’t supposed to fall, at least not after they’ve graduated and become genin and chuunin and especially not once they’ve reached the rank of jounin.

Dragging herself to her feet, she tried straightening up, gasping at the line of fiery pain down the left side of her back. Something was wrong back there; something beyond simple bruising caused by a not-fall from the trees, but now wasn’t the time to worry about that. Right now she needed to get moving again, get back up in the trees she hadn’t fallen out of and keep going.

Forcing her body to keep moving, she jumped back up into the branches of the tree. Pausing to rub eyes gritty from dust and lack of sleep, she leapt to the next branch and then another, the uncertainty of her steps fading after several more jumps. There was still a long way to go before she arrived at her destination. Not that it mattered; nothing anyone could do would help the dead.

Spoiler Keep Reading

#3 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:56 AM

Another fic I wrote over the past two days.  The idea got into my head and I really had to get it out.

Title: Silence
Author: Rhyssa Fireheart
Pairings: Implied Oboro/OC

Characters: Oboro, Utsuro (mentioned), Naraku, OC
Fandom: Gintama

Rating: T
Disclaimer: Don’t own it, never will.  Just like to play around with it in my mind.

Posted over on Fanfiction.net and AO3

-------------------------------------------------

I.

One of his oldest memories (after being saved by Utsuro-sama) was of feather soft touches and barely there whispers.  When he was first introduced to the other students of the Tenshouin Naruku school, he hadn’t noticed her at first.  She stayed in the background and it was only when her name was said that he first felt a fleeting touch on his back and she appeared before him, bowing a greeting. 

He was surprised to see a girl at the school; weren’t they going to be trained to be assassins?  Why would a girl be there?  Years later, if he bothered to think back, he would realize how naïve he’d been.  Right then though, he did as his teacher told him and observed.  She wasn’t exactly tiny, but then again, they were only kids.  Her black hair was cut short and from what he could tell, she had dark eyes.  Her skin was tanned, so probably taken from a rural village somewhere.

Even then, he noticed how quiet she was.  Despite the seriousness of what they were to be trained for, the other students were noisy and acted like normal children should.  She seemed wrapped in silence standing there, her voice low and barely heard over the other conversations.

He also noticed her studying him in return.

Spoiler

• YoWid likes this

#4 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:23 PM

Here you go, a prequel fic to "Faded Memories" that I wrote for a fanfic contest over on dA for the prompts "lighthouse, bonfire, summer storm"

Title: Collateral Damage
Pairing: None at first (eventual Saito/OC)

Characters: Rob Lucci, Blueno, Jabra, Angelina (OC), Alura (OC)
Fandom: One Piece
Rating: T for language and situations

Prompts: Lighthouse, Bonfire, Summer Storm
Disclaimer: Don’t own it, never will.  Just like to play around with it in my mind.

Posted on my dA, Fanfiction.net and now here.  Still need to archive on AO3 and my own site, lol!

---------------------------

“Did you remember to bring the food?”

“Of course I did.  Do you have any other stupid questions to ask?”

“It wasn’t a stupid question! I was just making sure we don’t have to sneak back into the compound to get anything we forgot.”

“Just go find wood for the bonfire.  I’ll start the food…”

I’ll start the food.  There’s no way I’m letting either of you cook anything, especially not if I want to be able to eat it.  You go help her find wood.”

“He’s right.  You don’t have to be so catty about everything, you know.”

“Catty?  Was that you trying to be funny?” Their voices faded away into familiar bickering as the man and woman walked off.

Spoiler Read More

• YoWid likes this

#5 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:22 PM

And a sequel to "Faded Memories".  Done for the OnePiece-Fiction group over on DeviantArt for the prompt "flash fiction" meaning there was a 1000 max word count allowed.  It was hard, but I managed to squeak in under the limit!  :lol:

--------------------------------------

Title: Best Served Cold
Characters: Rob Lucci, Angelina (OC), Spandam
Pairings: None at this time
Rating: K

Summary: After Enies Lobby, Rob Lucci vowed revenge on Spandam for blaming CP-9 for that disaster. At Dressrosa, Spandam was working for Lucci. How did that even happen?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting at her desk, the Assistant Director for Cipher Pol tried to ignore the indistinct voices yelling outside her office.  After several exchanges, silence descended until a knock on her door.  Her secretary stepped into the office, deftly sliding the door closed behind her and blocking out the other person outside. 

“He’s back again, ma’am.  Do you want me to send him away?” she said briskly.

“Actually, I’m ready to see him today, Rose.  I have an answer.”

“Then I’ll send him in now.”  She turned and opened the door, striding out to confront the man pacing around the waiting room like a maniac.  “The Assistant Director will see you now, Mr. Spandam.  Please go on in…” Her final words were cut off as he strode past her and slammed the door behind him.

Spoiler Read More

• YoWid likes this

#6 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:04 AM

Title: Two Sides of the Same Coin
Characters: Rob Lucci., Angelina (OC), Jabra, Alura (OC)
Pairings: Implied Lucci/Lina

Rating: K

NOTE: This story follows immediately after “Collateral Damage”.  The title comes from the phrase “Love and hate are two sides of the same coin.”

Originally written for the OP OC Tournament #2 (round 1) contest going on over at OnePieceContests on DeviantArt.  Prompt chosen was "dark nightmare"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the third night, the nurses stopped responding to her screams.  Why bother, when the only response they’d get was It’s nothing. I’m okay.  She was fine with being ignored though; it meant she didn’t have to explain why she thought she was going crazy.

Everything was fine when she woke up in the hospital. Well, not exactly fine, she was injured after all, hence the hospital stay.  And when she did finally open her eyes, the view of a blank ceiling was almost instantly replaced by her sister’s face, scowling down at her.

“Wha.. Alura?  What…what are you doing?”  Angelina said groggily, closing her eyes again to block the view.

“Angel!  You’re finally awake!  I’ve been so worried about you after what that bastard did!” 

Angelina could feel her sister’s fingers gripping her hand tightly, but it was distant, removed.  She thought about it a second and decided that she felt overall fuzzy and it wasn’t pleasant.

“Alura, don’t start,” Jabra cut in. “Angel’s just woken up, so maybe wait on the accusations and shit?”

Spoiler

• Grimmjagger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users