517 replies to this topic

#1 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Discuss spoilers here.

So, Minerva's capture Milliana, giving Kagura and Erza ample reason to work together. And hooded girl reveals herself to be future Lucy. Not unexpected, though still kind of disappointing to me. Can't quite make out the next chapter title. I think it's something with scenario after it.

Edited by Krono, 21 December 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#2 nyamad

nyamad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Future Lucy was predictable. Minerva needing milliana. Does this imply she isn't in Erza/Kagura league? Anyone can translate next week title?

#3 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Hmm, for some reason the spoiler images seem shrunken here. The same pictures posted elsewhere are large enough for the next chapter title to be legible. I'm pretty sure it's "King's Scenario".

#4 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,158 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

I expected it to be Future Lucy, so I can't say that I'm surprised, but I was sort of hoping for something more, even though it had been foreshadowed for ages.

ilhd1c.jpg

#5 MAX_COLA_POWER!

MAX_COLA_POWER!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationIn a Locationy place.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

I know something that will definitely be predictable, Minerva's fanbase increasing even though she's using dishonorable tactics to win.

Edited by MAX_COLA_POWER!, 21 December 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#6 au_revoir

au_revoir

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Minerva is fated to be finished horribly the moment she showed she had captured Milianna

And there is nothing unexpected to see lucy is the hooded girl

#7 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

I know something that will definitely be predictable, Minerva's fanbase increasing even though she's using dishonorable tactics to win.

That's  normal. Many people like villains/bad characters more then good ones.

Well about Lucy as hooded girl..Uh. Couldn't that Mashima do it more interesting for us?

#8 MAX_COLA_POWER!

MAX_COLA_POWER!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationIn a Locationy place.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

In b4 Kagura unsheathes her sword to save Millianna.

That's  normal. Many people like villains/bad characters more then good ones.

Well about Lucy as hooded girl..Uh. Couldn't that Mashima do it more interesting for us?

It's the fans masochistic tendencies. They want the bad characters they love to punish them because they get off from that-v-.

#9 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Chapter 315:

So Rosemary is the name of the town that Simon, and Kagura were from. And Erza.

And Erza shoved Kagura into hiding when Kagura was wandering around crying out for her brother in the middle of the slavers attack. Then with the slavers too close, Erza shut the hiding place and ran off leading the slavers away, getting her caught.

#10 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Pretty disappointing, but expected. We all knew it was going to be Minerva vs Erza since she has to get revenge for Lucy. Plus she never loses. That is one of the Laws of Fairy Tail at this point.

#11 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Well this is stupid. 

So much for all the Kagura hype.

Minerva is finally gonna get the taste of nakama power. Good for her. 

yjEhBS7.png

#12 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Well this is stupid. 

So much for all the Kagura hype.

Minerva is finally gonna get the taste of nakama power. Good for her. 

=> Implying that hype still means anything in FT at this point  -_- !

auJZmWF.png

#13 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

=> Implying that hype still means anything in FT at this point  -_- !

Well Kagura gave off a different air as compared to Erza's previous opponents.

She had to win in order to rescue Millianna & her agenda to kill Jellal certainly had her going.

This just stinks big time.

yjEhBS7.png

#14 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Well at least the flashback part looked interesting, with how Erza saved Kagura from being captured in the past. I don't mind Mashima building up past connections like that between the characters, but I really wish his fights were a little less predictable sometimes. I get that in most shounen series the fights are predictable, but mixing things up a little bit would do so much for the series. 

#15 au_revoir

au_revoir

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Let's see what power-up would Kagura get when her sword is unsheathed  <_<

This hype is quite disappointing, though it is expected Erza will never lose...

And I'm pretty sure Minerva will use Milianna as hostage again next chapter to be in a superior position. However, everyone knows Erza will finish off Minerva at last.

This will make ST 54p and FT 51p. After that, Laxus will defeat Orga and Gajeel will defeat Rogue, FT becomes 53p.

Next, Gray will eventually meet Lyon and Laxus will meet Jura. The fights for the next 5-6 chapters are all predictable.

I'm now interested in what will Sting do later :huh: 

And I guess that Fiore will be destroyed the day after the tournament is largely related to Sting. Maybe his nakama power to his cat will make him lose control and nearly turn him into a dragon.

#16 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Minerva needs to die I'd use stronger language but that would damage my "lady" reputation :angry: . Finally! Erza before tower of heaven! Wow! Can't wait!

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#17 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Well at least the flashback part looked interesting, with how Erza saved Kagura from being captured in the past. I don't mind Mashima building up past connections like that between the characters, but I really wish his fights were a little less predictable sometimes. I get that in most shounen series the fights are predictable, but mixing things up a little bit would do so much for the series. 

The thing is that Erza can lose. She's lost twice thus far in the series, versus Jose, and the 3/4 vs 1 against Oracion Seis. There's nothing wrong with her winning most of the time either, or winning with a single, unblocked sword strike. Erza is strong, and an unblocked sword strike will ruin most people's day. She was originally hyped as being one of the strongest wizards in Fairy Tail, one of three roughly equal people that only Gildarts and Makarov are above in strength, and hyped as possessing magical power comparable to a Wizard Saint. She's largely lived up to that hype, often requirings nerfing of some sort for her to have a good fight, and rarely encountering someone that's a close match for her.

The only problem is that her fights against opponents that are a roughly equal match for her are getting repetative. Her armor is insufficient and getting beaten by raw force, giving her opponent the upper hand, so she discards her armor to use all her power for offense and wins once she gets an opening. That's also far more boring than her analyzing her opponent's power and selecting an armor that mitigates it, or using her armors in a clever chain to gain the upper hand. Or her using one of her supposedly really strong armors like the Puragatory Armor and the Fairy Armor for more than jobbing or a single cataclysmic strike.

#18 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

^ The thing is that both times she lost, she was at some sort of disadvantage to soothe her fanbase and not make her look bad.  Against Jose she was previously injured, and was at a horrible numbers disadvantage against the Oracion Seis.  Hell, some people think she would have beaten Jose at full strength.

Fact is, Erza has never outright lost a fair fight and and likely never will.

TwjBrPX.png

#19 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

Wait... What the heck was special about Kagura's sword that'd 'cause doomsday' if drawn?! Did Mashima forget about that stuff?  :huh:

#20 au_revoir

au_revoir

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Wait... What the heck was special about Kagura's sword that'd 'cause doomsday' if drawn?! Did Mashima forget about that stuff?  :huh:

If we are forced to say the sword's ability, it would be "blow up a couple of buildings when it is unsheathed"  <_<

Anyway, Erza and Kagura's past story is quite surprising. I think no one has mentioned Erza saved Kagura when they were small

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users