• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

#21 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

If we are forced to say the sword's ability, it would be "blow up a couple of buildings when it is unsheathed"    <_<

A lot more than a couple. More like half the town.

Spoiler
Which begs the question of how Erza was somehow untouched by that massive shockwave coming from the blade.  TWICE. Mysterious plot-based magic immunity?

Looks like major plot holes are incoming...

Anyway, Erza and Kagura's past story is quite surprising. I think no one has mentioned Erza saved Kagura when they were small

I wonder how Kagura forgot something so important as the face of her savior. And if Erza recalls it why didn't she show it earlier?   <_<

Edited by The Witcher, 18 January 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#22 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,322 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

The thing is that Erza can lose. She's lost twice thus far in the series, versus Jose, and the 3/4 vs 1 against Oracion Seis. There's nothing wrong with her winning most of the time either, or winning with a single, unblocked sword strike. Erza is strong, and an unblocked sword strike will ruin most people's day. She was originally hyped as being one of the strongest wizards in Fairy Tail, one of three roughly equal people that only Gildarts and Makarov are above in strength, and hyped as possessing magical power comparable to a Wizard Saint. She's largely lived up to that hype, often requirings nerfing of some sort for her to have a good fight, and rarely encountering someone that's a close match for her.

The only problem is that her fights against opponents that are a roughly equal match for her are getting repetative. Her armor is insufficient and getting beaten by raw force, giving her opponent the upper hand, so she discards her armor to use all her power for offense and wins once she gets an opening. That's also far more boring than her analyzing her opponent's power and selecting an armor that mitigates it, or using her armors in a clever chain to gain the upper hand. Or her using one of her supposedly really strong armors like the Puragatory Armor and the Fairy Armor for more than jobbing or a single cataclysmic strike.

I don't think you understand exactly what I meant by losing. She will never be in a fight where she goes up against someone alone and loses because her opponent was just better than her. She will never be made to look weak is the thing. In both examples you quoted Mashima made sure to explain why she "lost". Whether she was poisoned or because she was weak after having taken the full force of the Jupiter Cannon. She will never lose like Gray did against his first encounter with Lyon or his recent match in the tournament. That is what I mean by losing. I mean here after taking all that damage from Kagura and those falling rocks she will still win against Miverna, and when a character reaches this point I just find them so dull. There is no suspense in anything they do anymore.

I do agree that her armors have become completely useless now though. All she does is use that sword, which adds to the problem.

#23 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

The back story between Kagura and Erza is simply convenient, TOO convenient. Like Witcher said both of them should have recognized each other if it was such an important event, but again this is FT so let's move on. Ironically the Kagura vs Erza fight which is hyped to heaven turns out to be one of the most boring matches of this tournament.

Edited by Jeral Fernandes, 18 January 2013 - 04:05 AM.

auJZmWF.png

#24 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Damn. Looks like Laxus vs Orga already started off-panel. And without seeing a single move we find they're both equally beaten up. And now Jura arrives to pick them both off. Now that he's almost done with Erza Mashima seems to be rushing the B-team's fights. <_< 

Well, at least Gajeel has the upper hand against Rogue like he should.

That page with the army of dragons was incredible. I wonder if it's actually happening or just a scenario predicted by Hisui.

#25 MAX_COLA_POWER!

MAX_COLA_POWER!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • LocationIn a Locationy place.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Ugh, everytime Hisui appears, my mind just screams, ARGH! STOP SHOWING UP SO WE CAN FINISH THE DAMN TOURNAMENT ALREADY!

#26 Silveritz

Silveritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationWhere there's no boundary

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

Dragons?

Doesn't matter. Erza will save the day. 

resizedimage_zps0e6c85a3.jpg

- Be Better, Not Bitter -

#27 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

We need strong females in manga!

*Enter Erza.*

She's too damn strong!

At least Erza has to work for her victories. She gets as bloodied and bruised just like everyone else whens she fights. If people want to complain about a Mary Stu female try Mui from History's Strongest Disciple. The worst that happens to her in her fights is torn clothes!

Posted Image

#28 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

She's not really 'working' for her victories when there's no logical reason for her victories: She just suddenly gets 10x stronger, faster and plot-shielded from injury(Azuma's Terra blast, Kagura's city-cutting sword wave) for no known reason.

#29 laxus pwns natsu

laxus pwns natsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

its like when she injure she is 10 times powerful

#30 lanindandi

lanindandi

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

So...Gajeel got owned?

joker-s-pencil-trick-o.gif

#31 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Super Saiyan mode!

P.S: How sweet of Mashima to include Levy in the panels. Gajeel X Levy IS AS GOOD AS CANON. :3
  • azer_moli likes this

yjEhBS7.png

#32 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

Gajeel X Levy IS AS GOOD AS CANON. :3

I agree to that^  :P

So...Gajeel got owned?

I don't think so.
What I think is that he was forced to use DF mode.
I can't believe Mashima is using him to hype the villains again. :angry:
I bet that shadow guy is the one who was controlling one of the fodders from Raven Tail.

Edited by Blackody, 07 February 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#33 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Looks like Gajeel is going to stop the record of being fodderized, well hopefully.

On the hand Gray is falling in the food chain again, didn't see that coming Mashima  -_- !

auJZmWF.png

#34 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

I'm pretty sure the text on the left of the last page says Iron Shadow Dragon!!!?

#35 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,322 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

I hope that the rest of the tournament fights don't get interrupted since it seems like things on Natsu's end are getting a little intense.

Also what date are they on at the moment? It isn't the 7th right? Or am I misremembering that? Since I thought the 7th is when things are supposed to all fall apart and they still had at least a day left before then.

#36 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

I hope that the rest of the tournament fights don't get interrupted since it seems like things on Natsu's end are getting a little intense.

Also what date are they on at the moment? It isn't the 7th right? Or am I misremembering that? Since I thought the 7th is when things are supposed to all fall apart and they still had at least a day left before then.

They're on the 6th still. And the 7th is when things are supposed to fall apart.
Anyways, it seems Arcadios is looking for the princess to hear her side of things and figure out the "Future Lucy's lying?" thing. Next chapter sounds like we'll be back to Laxus's fight, as as best I can tell, the title of 320 translates to "Fierce Lightning".

#37 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,322 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Ah, okay. I thought it wasn't the 7th yet. Good to know.

Also I'm glad they are going back to Laxus soon. The guy's only had like half a chapter's worth of action in the whole arc so far. Though I had a feeling they were going to get through his fight before going back to Erza. Her situation or Sting's will probably be dealt with last.

#38 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Heh. As a poster on mangahelpers said, the White Knight rises...

Spoiler

#39 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

White Knight. Right.

Glad to see Gajeel kicking some major butt. B)

yjEhBS7.png

#40 Pervisum

Pervisum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

Chapter 321 spoilers, just no...

Lucywhat? Everwho? Jubiawhere!? It's...

2rw29m9.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users