185 replies to this topic

#41 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

I don't think they had much of a choice seeing as it happened on live TV.

No. This is just a nut. Plain and simple. He had real issues and tried to use Charleston as an excuse. This guy was as, if not more, psychologically broken than the white kid.

How this has anything to do with black militancy is beyond me. How black militancy is bad for everyone is something that should be explained. Not magically understood.

The killing of two innocent people for no damn reason? Yes. It absolutely is. But how the hell did this guy with these mental issues get cleared to buy a gun in the first place?

well I mean it IS possible for you to be mentally ill your entire life, never get treated, and then go buy a gun.

though I have no idea what this specific guys case is.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#42 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

well I mean it IS possible for you to be mentally ill your entire life, never get treated, and then go buy a gun.

True. I have a feeling that this is not the case here though.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#43 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:30 PM

True. I have a feeling that this is not the case here though.

probably not. most likely he just got it from a private vendor who really didn't give a fuck.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#44 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:16 PM

No. This is just a nut. Plain and simple. He had real issues and tried to use Charleston as an excuse. This guy was as, if not more, psychologically broken than the white kid.

Is this confirmed?

How this has anything to do with black militancy is beyond me. How black militancy is bad for everyone is something that should be explained. Not magically understood.

I'm talking Black Liberation Army type stuff.

Not sure why it's beyond you, he used racism to justify his crime, these are not sentiments that are anything new. Very worrisome stuff.

The killing of two innocent people for no damn reason? Yes. It absolutely is. But how the hell did this guy with these mental issues get cleared to buy a gun in the first place?

I'm assuming no one knew he had mental issues.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#45 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:48 PM

ah. just read the article. the way he phrases how he got the gun really sounds like he did it through the normal process.

I know they preform background checks o the people who buy guns..... maybe he just didn't have a history of violence?

also the way he phrases it, he just snapped one day. implying that before, even if he wasn't nessisarily normal, he could at least pass for a normal person.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#46 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:32 AM

ah. just read the article. the way he phrases how he got the gun really sounds like he did it through the normal process.

I know they preform background checks o the people who buy guns..... maybe he just didn't have a history of violence?

also the way he phrases it, he just snapped one day. implying that before, even if he wasn't nessisarily normal, he could at least pass for a normal person.

the person who hold the gun can actually kill people not protect people from harm.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#47 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

I just heard about the shooting yesterday. Damn. One moment you're watching your daughter/sister/wife/friend on tv and a few seconds later she's shot dead. Sickening stuff.

Did this stir up the gun debate in America again? Europeans on all kinds of forums I visit are taking this chance to bash the gun controll system in the USA. 

Edited by tattaslayr, 27 August 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#48 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:29 AM

the person who hold the gun can actually kill people not protect people from harm.

bad people use guns for bad things. good people use guns for good things.

a gun is simply like any other human invention. a tool. its the person who uses the tool that dictates whether or not the gun protects or destroys.

I just heard about the shooting yesterday. Damn. One moment you're watching your daughter/sister/wife/friend on tv and a few seconds later she's shot dead. Sickening stuff.

Did this stir up the gun debate in America again? Europeans on all kinds of forums I visit are taking this chance to bash the gun controll system in the USA.

unfortunately this is nothing new for America. just more unpleasantness....though I'm sure that with james holmes trial over with as of yesterday, and now this.... if people aren't already talking their about to be.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#49 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

It did. But people are becoming numb to it. Liberals and Conservatives. Not because they're used to the violence. But because they know nothing will come of it.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#50 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

It did. But people are becoming numb to it. Liberals and Conservatives. Not because they're used to the violence. But because they know nothing will come of it.

that's because we argue about the wrong topic whenever this shit comes up.

guns are not the problem, and I think people are starting to realize that. crazy psychopaths with access to guns are the problem.

race war propagandists. those dark edged renegades who demand anarchy. the kids who got bullied. the crazy people who snap. these guys are our problem and gun control debates aren't gong to make them go away.
  • Phenomiracle likes this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#51 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:49 AM

That's still gun control though. You're just shifting the debate to a different demographic. IE. From general population to societal outliers. Granted, I don't necessarily disagree with you. But the fact is that there has to be a way for someone who going through some sort of psychological break or trauma to not have access to these guns. And for that to happen, the general population is going to be involved even if it's just tangentially.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 27 August 2015 - 08:49 AM.

Spoiler

#52 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

That's still gun control though. You're just shifting the debate to a different demographic. IE. From general population to societal outliers. Granted, I don't necessarily disagree with you. But the fact is that there has to be a way for someone who going through some sort of psychological break or trauma to not have access to these guns. And for that to happen, the general population is going to be involved even if it's just tangentially.

imo, only a very small part of this issue is gun control. the rest is about how we suck at identifying people with SERIOUS mental health issues and how we as a society should improve our practices to start catching these guys sooner. like for an example, I think every teacher in America should be REQUIRED to undergo psychological classes as to better identify "problem" children that might need a little bit of help. that's the first step, and would go a long way towardsat least catching the kids with the mental health problems.

also keep in mid, the better we get at identifying out mentally ill, the easier it will be to keep a gun out of their hands.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#53 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:52 AM

Question for people that think guns can protect people. If you where shown that the odds of protecting yourself with a gun from a criminal with a gun is less than 30%, would you still think guns are a viable means of defense?

Also what percent would do you think is enough for guns to be a good defensive weapon.

Edited by waleuska, 27 August 2015 - 09:53 AM.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#54 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

30 percent Is still better odds then the alternative. 0 percent.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#55 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

30 percent Is still better odds then the alternative. 0 percent.

I knew someone was going to say this but that isn't the point. Please answer the question.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#56 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

That is the point though. A war on guns would be like the war on drugs. All you'd do is create a black market for it, making it harder for good people to arm themselves for protection and easier for criminals to arm themselves for crime.

The gun was a bad idea that should have never existed in the first place, but now that it does I have a right to arm myself against them.

Edited by retroluffy13, 27 August 2015 - 10:34 AM.

• Misty likes this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#57 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:39 AM

That is the point though. A waste on guns ERP be like the ear on drugs. Ask you'd do is create a black market for it, making out harder for good people to arm themselves for protection and easier for criminals to arm themselves for crime.

The gun was a bad idea that should have never existed in the first place, but now that it does I have a right to arm myself against them.

I see it as the other way around.

It would be harder for criminals from getting guns. Also they wouldn't be able to use it as they please. As of right now it is easy for anyone to get a gun. Now, think if it was only on the black market. Hardy anyone would have one.

Criminal or regular person.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#58 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:54 AM

I see it as the other way around.

It would be harder for criminals from getting guns. Also they wouldn't be able to use it as they please. As of right now it is easy for anyone to get a gun. Now, think if it was only on the black market. Hardy anyone would have one.

Criminal or regular person.

five years ago you might have had a point. But now we have technology that lets us literally print guns out of plastic. The technology Is too wide spread and understood to limit.

Furthermore. Though I have no idea if this is cuz our practices suck... It would be very simple for me to go out and get an illegal gun this day. Just a simple matter of making the wrong calls to the right people.

Edited by retroluffy13, 27 August 2015 - 11:24 AM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#59 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

five years ago you might have had a point. But now we have technology that lets us literally print guns out of plastic. The technology Is too wide spread and understood to limit.

Furthermore. Though I have no idea if this is cuz our practices suck... It would be very simple for me to go out and get an illegal gun this day. Just a simple matter of making the wrong calls to the right people.

Those guns suck. They only have one use and then they are finish. Lets not forgot that is should be easy to find out who owns the printer that makes the guns.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#60 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:58 AM

Those guns suck. They only have one use and then they are finish. Lets not forgot that is should be easy to find out who owns the printer that makes the guns.

some do. but I saw this crazy documentery about a grou of people dedicated to making them shits work properly, and from what I can tell yes they are temporary weapons, but they last more then a single clip. two. three. five. how many clips does a person even need to fire off in a fire fight?

hoe does one deal with a methlab when one finds out the cops are on to them? they get rid of the fing meth lab. restart operations from scratch. no, if people start selling printed guns to the general public, its going to be the cartels all over again. were nt going to be able to catch them pricks.

though I suppose the one thing I will say about plastic guns at least is thet I'm pretty sure you cant make big automatic weapons with plastic yet. still, theres metal printers for those things.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users