OOC
I haven't figured out a cool name yet.

How it all began

Spoiler

Your Adventure

Spoiler

System

Spoiler

Edited by Hyouzou, 08 March 2016 - 05:56 PM.

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:40 AM

Very interesting setting. Since it's much later than the actual series is does it mean we can have already existing Devil Fruits that some minor character have like Tori Tori no Mi: Model Hawk that Pell from Alabasta had?

Combat system seems a bit confusing (may be because of my hangover) though I guess we have time to adjust and clarify it.

Overall nice work still :)

EDIT: How about Haki? Are we set in so beginning of Grand Line that Haki is not that common and how do we use it?

Edited by Jekkusormi, 12 September 2015 - 05:44 AM.

#3 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:41 AM

Very interesting setting. Since it's much later than the actual series is does it mean we can have already existing Devil Fruits that some minor character have like Tori Tori no Mi: Model Hawk that Pell from Alabasta had?

Combat system seems a bit confusing (may be because of my hangover) though I guess we have time to adjust and clarify it.

Overall nice work still :)

EDIT: How about Haki? Are we set in so beginning of Grand Line that Haki is not that common and how do we use it?

It's supposed to be ~10 years after what's currently happening in the manga, so just imagine characters 10 years from now. I don't think Pell would die, but if you really want his fruit then that's fine. I don't know if I want people using Devil Fruits that big characters had, though. 

The system is completely up for debate. You guys can say what you like and dislike and I'll change it accordingly. If you have any ideas i'm more than welcome to try them, so just go for it.

I haven't decided on how to implement Haki yet, gonna have to go back and see how they used it in Geyter's RP:s. Again, any suggestions are welcome.

#4 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:23 AM

Well I personally don't want specifically Pell's fruit but thought if it was possible and pretty much meant that big-guys-fruit thing myself. And I guess since it's about 10 years after then that means Monets, Rosinantes and Smileys fruits are available?

I have my own character pretty much thought of and he doesn't need to use any of those fruits but I just wanted to know if it was possible at all.

#5 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:27 AM

Yeah it should be possible. However, I want to reserve the right to deny any of them if I'm planning on using them on an important character. Monet's DF, I will be looking into giving someone big - but just assume that the DF's of major villains or heroes are not really up for grabs. I personally don't think players using the same fruits or fighting styles as major characters is a good thing, it just harms creativity. So no Gomu Gomu or Three Swords style unless made in a completely different way.

Edit: Making your own fruits, though, is encouraged! I can be a bit picky though, I really want them to fit the theme of One Piece; so no Water or Laser Beam fruits.

Edited by Hyouzou, 12 September 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#6 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

Btw are you making a Signing-Up Thread or will we mail our characters to you personally?

#7 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

Well, I haven't seen anyone but you yet, so if/when other people show interest, I'll start doing more stuff.

But yeah, you can just post stuff here, and if/when it has no more problems (according to me, anyways), you can post it in the Info Cache thread for clearer documentation. I could also just edit the first post of all our threads to have everyones CS:s for convenience.

#8 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

Hehehe well with a few modifications I think I can import my charcter from the old OP to this one.

Though I might make a new one.. .

I never really got Geyter's system so I'm going to re-read that before I comment XD

I'm looking forward to how the one piece world has changed during the last 10 years hehehe

Edited by Lone_ant, 14 September 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#9 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hey Lone! Cool!

Yeah, my last (or the one before that) One Piece RP was also in the same kind of setting, and I had so many plans for it, I can't pass up the opportunity to do it again. My biggest issue is finding pictures of characters (mainly people like Coby/Kobi and Helmeppo, an old Smoker etc) that look 10 years older than in the manga. I did find some last time, but I can't for the life of me find that RP so I'm going to have to find all the pictures again - which is gonna be hard, seeing as how I spent an hour or so looking and found basically nothing.

If any of you have any good pictures, One Piece related or not, that I can use for settings or characters, I would be so happy. I don't know how people find all those pictures.

#10 kiddblaze

kiddblaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

i'll play, but it been a while snice i written anything so might be a bit rust. And as for pictures have you tried safebooru it basically a giant anime picture search engine.

Edited by kiddblaze, 14 September 2015 - 09:25 PM.

#11 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:11 AM

You can count me in. I don't have the time anymore to run a whole RP, it's why mine died sadly, but I can participate in one.

If you want me to help you promote your RP I can. Like sticky a recruitment thread in the OP forum or something if you want. I'll try to see what kind of images I can find too to help.

#12 kiddblaze

kiddblaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:03 AM

Also I'm pretty experienced using Geyter's System so if someone needs some help feel free to ask.

Edited by kiddblaze, 15 September 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#13 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

Alright, awesome! I'll definitely check out safebooru, thanks for the tip!

I'm not sure if that's necessary, Shin. That would attract a lot of people who might not know so much about RP:ing, and I don't have enough time or effort to update and handle like 7 different people that need more help than experienced ones. Not sure if that would happen, but yeah. The regular crowd here works just as well.

• Shin likes this

#14 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:23 PM

Let me see if I got the Stat System right:

If I make a merman, he gets 2 Agility + 1 any stat of my choosing (for example if he is a shipwright I might put it in Focus (?) so he might make more complicated weapons or smt)?

Or if he is a lookout/scout I might want to put the possible +1 point in Stamina so he can, well, scout better. Does that make his attacks do less damage or would they just be described more like barrages in actual RP?

#15 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

Let me see if I got the Stat System right:

If I make a merman, he gets 2 Agility + 1 any stat of my choosing (for example if he is a shipwright I might put it in Focus (?) so he might make more complicated weapons or smt)?

Or if he is a lookout/scout I might want to put the possible +1 point in Stamina so he can, well, scout better. Does that make his attacks do less damage or would they just be described more like barrages in actual RP?

Not only does it raise your total stat, it also gives you points to use in any tech, but it has to be that stat. Not sure if I got your question right, but that's about it. I might've been a little vague on that, it's hard for me to know which things I mentioned too much or too complexly and which I glossed over.

Mermen get 2 points in Agility and a pre-determined Trait (the ability to breathe underwater). These two agility points can be used on any tech (cannot be saved for future use) as long as they add Agility to the tech.

I also just noticed that I did not specify the starting amount of stat points in the Character Template. Will figure that out tomorrow when I wake up. I think I'm going to go with 5 or 7.

Edit: for clarification, no, mermen do not get 1 point in any stat of your choosing, they only get 2 for Agility. You'll get your own stat points you can dish out on whatever you'd like, regardless of race.

Edited by Hyouzou, 15 September 2015 - 03:50 PM.

#16 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDe Moon Baby! De Moon...

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:30 PM

I'm hesitant to join this because even with the spark for RPing is still in me, every time I try to get back in life always kicks me, in the butt before I can start.

With that said, I'm interested. 

Edited by DeSoulWolf, 15 September 2015 - 07:31 PM.

#17 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:49 AM

Not only does it raise your total stat, it also gives you points to use in any tech, but it has to be that stat. Not sure if I got your question right, but that's about it. I might've been a little vague on that, it's hard for me to know which things I mentioned too much or too complexly and which I glossed over.

Mermen get 2 points in Agility and a pre-determined Trait (the ability to breathe underwater). These two agility points can be used on any tech (cannot be saved for future use) as long as they add Agility to the tech.

I also just noticed that I did not specify the starting amount of stat points in the Character Template. Will figure that out tomorrow when I wake up. I think I'm going to go with 5 or 7.

Edit: for clarification, no, mermen do not get 1 point in any stat of your choosing, they only get 2 for Agility. You'll get your own stat points you can dish out on whatever you'd like, regardless of race.

That +1 I meant was that starting amount. But since it seems to be 5 or 7 does it mean we get 5 or 7 + that 2 Agility for merfolk?

Btw I thought about the Haki and figured one way to use CoA and CoO: As we get levels in Stats, they eventually give us Stat Traits right? So I thought CoA could be start using when you get Power or Stamina Stat Trait to level 5 to use them (Power for offensively and Stamina for defensively). And ofc CoO when leveling Agility and Focus (Agility for dodging perspective and Focus for locating by sensing)

Haven't tohught a way to include CoC though :( And these are just suggestions afterall

#18 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:17 AM

That +1 I meant was that starting amount. But since it seems to be 5 or 7 does it mean we get 5 or 7 + that 2 Agility for merfolk?

Yep. 

Btw I thought about the Haki and figured one way to use CoA and CoO: As we get levels in Stats, they eventually give us Stat Traits right? So I thought CoA could be start using when you get Power or Stamina Stat Trait to level 5 to use them (Power for offensively and Stamina for defensively). And ofc CoO when leveling Agility and Focus (Agility for dodging perspective and Focus for locating by sensing)

Haven't tohught a way to include CoC though :( And these are just suggestions afterall

This might work, but I'm not sure I want everyone with above X in something to automatically learn Haki. You got to train for that. You could perhaps unlock the ability to use Haki, but not immediately be proficient in it. I also want Haki to add buffs automatically to attacks that use it, but yet again I'm not sure how to do it. We'll see.

#19 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:41 AM

Seems like you got my point. With the 'above X' I meant they get very first impression and basic touch to it and the more you leevel up the better you get in it. For example At lv 5 Power you get the ability to touch Logias, 10 you can harden up your weapon of choice and at 20 you can fully cover your body.

And ofc if one so wishes could just refuse to use it.

#20 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

But then that would mean that only physically strong people can use CoA and only agile or focus-based characters can use CoO, I want everyone to have the ability to learn them.

Also, checked out Safebooru. Nothing but stereotypical anime girls in bikinis and cat ears. Not for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users