• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#21 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

But then that would mean that only physically strong people can use CoA and only agile or focus-based characters can use CoO, I want everyone to have the ability to learn them.

Also, checked out Safebooru. Nothing but stereotypical anime girls in bikinis and cat ears. Not for me.

Oh yeah, didn't think that far. ^^

Though right now I don't see why there can't be 5th stat, Haki, which could be trained and combinet in same way as Agility or Power for example. :shrug:

#22 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

Because the other stats can be used for anything, but Haki is just... Haki. I would rather make it a Trait. 

#23 kiddblaze

kiddblaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

@Hyouzou you have to use the sreach bar to narrow down your results. If you don't you'll just keep getting random art (inculding random girl in bikinis).

#24 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:11 PM

@Hyouzou you have to use the sreach bar to narrow down your results. If you don't you'll just keep getting random art (inculding random girl in bikinis).

I searched "One Piece", zero results. Most things I found when I tried to narrow it down were still just the wrong type of pictures. I don't want androgynous stereotypical manga guys, I want real pirates and weird looking people - like One Piece.

#25 kiddblaze

kiddblaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

safebroou doesn't use spaces so it would found under one_piece. As for the art style i doubt you will find too many pictures done oda's style it pretty unqine.

Edited by kiddblaze, 16 September 2015 - 08:20 PM.

#26 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

safebroou doesn't use spaces so it would found under one_piece. As for the art style i doubt you will find too many pictures done oda's style it pretty unqine.

Thanks. I don't necessarily need One Piece style characters, just any character that doesn't look like this or this. Basically characters from more Shounen mangas, but I don't really want to use characters that are popular, so I avoid characters from stuff like Naruto or Bleach.

#27 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDe Moon Baby! De Moon...

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

Hyouzou, would the Mythical Zoan - Batto Batto no Mi, Model: Vampire be an open fruit for use? Since I made that character from the last OP RP and didn't get to use her, I might has well retool her. 

Edited by DeSoulWolf, 17 September 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#28 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:00 AM

Hyouzou, would the Mythical Zoan - Batto Batto no Mi, Model: Vampire be an open fruit for use? Since I made that character from the last OP RP and didn't get to use her, I might has well retool her. 

I'm not sure. Looking at the CS - and forgive me if I'm being blunt / disrespectful - it doesn't feel at all like a Devil Fruit. Manipulating blood is a little too gorey and might as well be a blood blood fruit at that point with the manipulation. I'll let you use Vampire as a theme, but shouldn't it be a human fruit then? And maybe have more vampirey characteristics, like turning others into vampires, or being unable to be killed unless stabbed through the heart? I'm also thinking the Zoan transformation aspects of it should be a lot clearer, like human -> Vampire human -> Huge bat creature, or make it human -> human vampire -> Scary vampire creature (not just teeth and claws and stuff, but like, really exaggerated and not as human-like to make it clearer). Going from human -> human with sharp teeth -> human with sharper teeth is a little to "meh" for a Zoan transformation. I'll give you the ability to do whatever, though, once you get that partial Zoan transformation thing that Kaido's people and Marco has.

I have a -spoiler alert- Bat/vampire themed character that will be introduced pretty early on (maybe the first island, definitely at least the second one) and be a pretty major opponent that would pretty heavily conflict with your character's theme, but I guess if you really want that one it should take priority over an NPC.

Again, sorry if that was too critical or harsh. I just can't get into One Piece if the characters don't feel like they belong there.

#29 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDe Moon Baby! De Moon...

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

I'm not sure. Looking at the CS - and forgive me if I'm being blunt / disrespectful - it doesn't feel at all like a Devil Fruit. Manipulating blood is a little too gorey and might as well be a blood blood fruit at that point with the manipulation. I'll let you use Vampire as a theme, but shouldn't it be a human fruit then? And maybe have more vampirey characteristics, like turning others into vampires, or being unable to be killed unless stabbed through the heart? I'm also thinking the Zoan transformation aspects of it should be a lot clearer, like human -> Vampire human -> Huge bat creature, or make it human -> human vampire -> Scary vampire creature (not just teeth and claws and stuff, but like, really exaggerated and not as human-like to make it clearer). Going from human -> human with sharp teeth -> human with sharper teeth is a little to "meh" for a Zoan transformation. I'll give you the ability to do whatever, though, once you get that partial Zoan transformation thing that Kaido's people and Marco has.

I have a -spoiler alert- Bat/vampire themed character that will be introduced pretty early on (maybe the first island, definitely at least the second one) and be a pretty major opponent that would pretty heavily conflict with your character's theme, but I guess if you really want that one it should take priority over an NPC.

Again, sorry if that was too critical or harsh. I just can't get into One Piece if the characters don't feel like they belong there.

First off yes, you were far to blunt and have hurt my pride sir! My pride!

For real though, that's why I said I would retool her. The main reason I changed characteristics of the fruit was because the powers were very vague and since it's kind of unofficial anyway I had the go ahead to change it. Also from what we do know about it I personal never liked the youth stealing aspect because it didn't fit what I was going for (still don't like it). I'm in complete agreement with what your saying after looking back, it's not really a DF. I already had in mind making it more akin to the older nosferatu stuff and a modern sort of mixture. 

Well if want to use that then just till me, no go, then. If you have ideas then use them. I'll just sit out until/if I come up with a new idea since I don't have another one just yet. 

#30 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:06 PM

I sure hope you don't plan on using Crucian carp -typed fishman using suiken (drunken fist) since I plan on dibs :D, unless there is a huge amount of fishmen coming from other players

Edited by Jekkusormi, 17 September 2015 - 01:08 PM.

• Hyouzou likes this

#31 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:08 PM

Alright, great. No, use it. I don't want someone staying out just because an NPC is similar! You take priority.

Also, sorry for not finalizing the CS template yet, i'm going away for the weekend (will still be around a bit). If anyone has gotten that far; just makevit as if your character has 6 points for now.

#32 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:09 PM

Alright, great. No, use it. I don't want someone staying out just because an NPC is similar! You take priority.

Also, sorry for not finalizing the CS template yet, i'm going away for the weekend (will still be around a bit). If anyone has gotten that far; just makevit as if your character has 6 points for now.

No worries man, take your time

Btw that Haki as Trait was a good idea too :)

#33 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:13 PM

Do crucian carps have any special traits? I didn't see anything special on the wiki page. They can survive toxic water?

#34 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:56 PM

They can produce alcohol to their veins. That helps them survive colder waters and then needs lesser amounts of oxygen. In Finland they have nickname "Kännikala" which means Drunkfish.

That's why I thought of making my fishman drunken fist user. He might not nessessarily need drink booze to get drunk

EDIT: I might add him some cold/low oxygen resistance and later make him go to a trance.

Edited by Jekkusormi, 18 September 2015 - 04:17 AM.

#35 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:42 AM

So he's constantly drunk? Or just when he's cold? Hahah that's cool! Go for it.

#36 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:01 AM

So he's constantly drunk? Or just when he's cold? Hahah that's cool! Go for it.

Not drunk, tipsy :D.He can do it pretty much freely but can't use it when he's hungover. And only gets those resistances when drunk, with his ability or jsut plain booze :D

Edited by Jekkusormi, 18 September 2015 - 09:01 AM.

#37 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:37 AM

You just made me realize a flaw with fishmen! Some fishmen (and mermen) have special abilities (like yours, or for example electric eels or poisonous octopuses) that should give them traits.

Would it be unfair to just give those types of fishmen the traits for free or should all other fishmen get something they don't to even it out if you picked a less special type of fish?

#38 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:17 AM

You just made me realize a flaw with fishmen! Some fishmen (and mermen) have special abilities (like yours, or for example electric eels or poisonous octopuses) that should give them traits.

Would it be unfair to just give those types of fishmen the traits for free or should all other fishmen get something they don't to even it out if you picked a less special type of fish?

Hmm you're right. I personally don't see it being unfair though but if more people think it's unfair then how about you boost other races? Give more stats for Giants & Tontattas And humans get 3 free stats to use. And if fishman/merman isn't special kind of fish then they get boosts too?

Edited by Jekkusormi, 19 September 2015 - 04:27 AM.

#39 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:21 AM

Hmm you're right. I personally don't see it being unfair though but if more people think it's unfair then how about you boost other races? Give more stats for Giants & Tontattas And humans get 3 free stats to use. And if fishman/merman isn't special kind of fish then they get boosts too?

First of all - traits aren't necessarily devil fruits or weapons, I know you removed that part so maybe you realized it too. Traits are simply anything passive that should give you an in-combat buff or any sort of quirk. Gomu Gomu would give you a trait making your body rubber (and all the benefits that come with it), but for example the Bane Bane no mi (spring fruit) wouldn't give you any traits.

I might do what you said. It doesn't really matter as long as all the RP:ers here don't feel it matters. 

Edit: The same problem arises with Devil Fruits, too, I guess. People picking Bane Bane might be sad that they don't get a free trait, but then again, gomu gomu can't do all the things bane can even with the same amount of points, so it's all up to what powers you want. I don't think anyone's min-maxing this...

Edited by Hyouzou, 19 September 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#40 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

Yeah atleast I'm not min-maxing this :D

It would be nice if I get acces to the resistances right away but I could also wait a little and spend trait to them though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users