118 replies to this topic

#41 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

What resistances? You could just make techs for it, you don't have to wait.

#42 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:03 AM

What resistances? You could just make techs for it, you don't have to wait.

The cold/less need for oxygen form getting drunk.

Though the tech works too :D

• Hyouzou likes this

#43 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:52 AM

I haven't been posting here much since I'm about to start new work. Probably when things are settled (coming weekend maybe) down I can really dive in here. Just posting to re-iterate my support,

#44 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:57 AM

Awesome, lone ant!

Jekku, you don't need traits or techs for things that don't affect combat. Less need for oxygen doesn't really affect anything.

#45 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:35 PM

Awesome, lone ant!

Jekku, you don't need traits or techs for things that don't affect combat. Less need for oxygen doesn't really affect anything.

Well you might never know what happens to him :D And being drunk + using lees oxygen makes him go to kind of trance, whuch later on I plan on using for something

#46 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:24 PM

I'm interested and hope it will ignite my RP flame anew ^^

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#47 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

Awesome, raiden! I think that makes five of us!

Again, jekku, that sounds like a tech. Will elaborate ehen I come home, currently in the middle of the ocean and I shouldn't even have coverage out here...

#48 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

Just updating this for anyone unsure what's going on:

I'm still invested in this.

Currently just waiting for applications/character sheets.

#49 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

I have two ideas for a character, but I can't yet decide which one I take >.< but I'm still in :D

It's either a Black coral fishman, who is basically a simple brute strength fighter (who also has a Coral Sword coming out of his body, that is made out of his own skeleton, so when it breaks it can be grown anew).

And the 2nd would be a blacksmith who lost his right forearm and his jaw in an accident/murder attempt 8i'm not sure on that one yet). So he would be a bit like Franky (not personality wise, didn't decide on that yet)

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#50 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:18 PM

Sounds cool. Is the second guy Axehand Morgan? He also lost his forearm and jaw.. doesn't matter. Go for the one you think will be more fun to have interacting with others and stuff.

#51 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:10 PM

Just updating this for anyone unsure what's going on:

I'm still invested in this.

Currently just waiting for applications/character sheets.

We send those character sheets directly to you or you make a thread for them?

I'd prefer a separate thread if possible because I planned on making a fishman unless there's many other fishmen incoming

Edited by Jekkusormi, 28 September 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#52 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:48 PM

For now you can go ahead and post them here. When they're done I'll attach them to the first post of the OOC thread and the RP thread.

#53 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

Posting the answers to a question Jekkusomi had, thought it might help you other guys too. It's about Support Techs.

"What kind of Support Techs can I get as a shipwright?"

Anything that fits. You can make techs to upgrade ships (make them faster, more resilient, basically anything you could do to a human but to a ship), sabotage and hamper with ships, everything like that. You can also get techs to build other stuff like Franky does, makeshift stairs and bridges and all that. Most of these will require some level of logic as to how you made them. You can't build a wood cabin in the middle of a desert. 

Other than that, it's really anything you can think of that would serve a purpose in battle or otherwise. Anything you feel is too powerful to just be a 'I did this' in the post, can be a tech. Through these techs you can make stuff super hard to destroy. Want a bunker? You can make it virtually indestructible. If you want these kinds of techs to extend to making weapons and armor (for something other than ships or buildings) you're gonna have to make your character more like a smith, make it make sense. Franky is both a shipwright, a scientist/mechanic and a weapons maker. As corny as it is, "your creativity is the limit". 

"How does (the support tech) Blueprint work?"

"Blueprint - can get useful information about machinery and weapons" Again, this has a lot to do with how you want it to work. The things I wrote down were basically just guidelines for what you can theoretically accomplish. You need to balance it yourself, how you want it to work and what is most important. Here's two examples;

Blueprints - X can understand how structures work just by looking at them. X gets information from GM about the structure [Info].

This tech is probably not very useful other than at very specific times. Most of the times, the layout of the building you're in is very straight-forward and information accessible without spending techs on it (like, if the character's are in a bar, I've probably already explained what it looks like, and using this tech, I would probably just give you some information that won't be useful anyways, but that depends on how you use your character - specify what kind of information the techs gives you, if it's the layout of a ship you're about to infiltrate, or if it's where a certain treasure or the control room is, or maybe just the fact that a certain pipe contains boiling hot water and your character will use it to fight. In some cases I'll give your character a bonus for using this tech, like giving them info on where something is, that I might not even have put in there in the first place, just to reward you for using a Support tech instead of just punch-punch-kick.

Book of Weak Links - X has a book with blueprints or something, reading the book he can pinpoint the weakest link (the weakness) of a structure (boat, building..) [De-buff structure -1 Stamina].

Besides the flavor text (reading a book), it could be whatever you want (like Chopper's tech, that one seems to work on people instead though) this would allow you to destroy iron as if it were stone, or stone as it were wood. Wood you could already break with a 1 point tech so that's pretty useless to use it on, but it's also important to not only look at the numbers it makes, because not everything in the RP is gonna be about numbers. Maybe a character shuts the door to a spiked wall that you can't destroy without taking damage. This tech would let you destroy it without damage. It would be pretty stupid if you had to make a tech just for destroying things that could hurt you, so in Support techs they kind of blend to the scenario, and the numbers aren't super important. You might also notice that this tech probably resembles Sabotage (hamper stuff) more than Blueprints (get info about stuff), but the two are very similar in function.

I forgot to write how many points those techs would take. The second one is straight-forward, 1 point for every 1 point of de-buff, the first one would be one point too. The more points you spend on it, the more info you can get, the more rewards you'll get and so on. If you make the rules around the tech tighter (like if you could only use it when you've found a map, or only when talking in a Den Den Mushi, or for example, with Book of Weak Links, you can make it apply to a broad variety of objects, like walls, ships, cannons and so on, or you can choose to make it work only on swords) it'll be more effective too. Those things are a little loose on how they work, so throw me an example and I'll try to review it. I might not make the best judgements all the time, so please call me out on it whenever it feels weird or unfair (or even overpowered).

Other than that, if anyone has any questions, I'd love to hear them, even if they are stupid or you could find the answer somewhere in my walls of text. I like explaining things.

#54 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

Name: Cassius Funa
Epithet: None yet
Bounty: 22 million.
Accomplishments: Pretty well-known shipwright in Fishman Island, failed in Fishman Karate Academy so he made his own fighting style.

Race: Crucian carp fishman. an average fishman is ten times stronger than a normal human, and that doubles under water. Being a crusian carp fishman gives him ability to produce alcohol in his body, which makes them immune to cold attacks. They also can hold breath very long time because of this so they are practically immune to toxic gases and such.
Appearance: He is a crucian carp type so his skin would be copperish. Being a fishman he has webbed fingrs and toes and gills on his neck as well as a small fin on his back. He is not fat but has a beerbelly. He has a small goatee and lazy eyes because he's almost constantly drunk.
He wears a green knit cap as a hat, blue-and-green hawaiian styled shirt and jeanshorts but no shoes. (http://imgur.com/oXRAIFY)
Equipment: 3 normal bubblecorals for crewmates and 1 huge bubblecoral for coating a ship. Ship can be coated once a week and lasts 12 hours.
Items: Some minor shipwright tools like hammer or chisel, attached to his belt. He also has a flask with Strawhat Jolly Roger carved on it.
Wealth: 0, he is broke because he drank all his money.

Background: As long he remembers, Funa has always been working (or atleast helping his father) in shipyard in Fishman Island. In his freetime he practised fishman karate in the local dojo until at age 15 he got kicked out because he was constantly drunk. His puberty kicked in and cause his body to get drunk uncontrollably. This however didn't stop him training so he applied his knowledge of regular fishman karate and turned it his own fishman drunken fist.
When he was 14 he witnessed how Luffy beat Hody and started dreaming of becoming a pirate, but still focused on building and coating ships. At age of 19 the shipyard had a marine customer who wanted to make their marineship to be able to submerge by using a huge bubblecoral. Funas father accidentally hit a marineofficers head with planks while carrying them so the marineofficer arrested him. Funa couldn't let this slide so he attacked the officer. He lost but before being captured he managed to throw the huge bubblecoral into the ocean and escape with it. That's when and how Funas pirate career started. (More info installed later when I know my future crew)
Personality: Well first of all, Funa is always either tipsy, smashed or hungover. He is mostly calm and easygoing and only fights if needed. when hungover however Funa is very passive and mostly cures it by tieing himself in rope and floating behind the ship (since hangover is basically about dehydration he cures it by soaking in water). Though he tends to atleast think people find his name sounding feminine and might get comedcally aggravated.
Profession: Shipwright. Specializes in coating. Has high knowledge about building ships etc. but very little about weaponry and smithing overall.

Devil Fruit: None
Fighting Style: Funas own type of Fishman Karate, Fishman Suiken (Drunken Fist)
Traits:

• Underwater Breathing (+1 Power when submerged)
  • Cold Immunity: Funa is immune to cold effects

Power: 1 (+2 for being a fishman)
Stamina: 1
Agility: 3
Focus: 2
Total: 9

Techniques:

Attack Techs:
Uchimizu (Water Shot) [1 Agility] Hurls a single droplet of water at his opponent.
Hyakumaigawara Suiken (One Hunderd Tile Drunken Punch) [1 Power] Powerful punch.

Hyakumaigawara Suirendan (One hundred Tile Drunken Combo) [1 Power + 1 Stamina] Multiple powerful punches.
   Suiuppa (Drunken uppercut) [2 Power] Powerful uppercut.
Suigeri (Drunken Kick) [1 Power] Powerful kick.

Support Techs:
Ship Repair [1 Focus] Repairs some damage the ship has taken.
Rudder Sabotage [1 Focus] Sabotages enemy ships rudder. -1 Agility debuff.

Yotta Dansu (Drunken Dance) [2 Agility] Sways around randomly. Dodges 2 next attacks. Can be countered by huge attacks or attacks having high Focus.

By all means tell me if there's something wrong with the techniques. I've been trying to write this for 2 hours :D Btw Shipwright needs a crew, contact me if you're interested.

Edited by Jekkusormi, 07 February 2016 - 05:01 AM.

#55 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

Alright, time to do some complaining constructive criticism.

Under Race, you should explain a bit about what's special about being a fishman, and more importantly, a Cruising Carp. Explain how fishmen are (on average) ten times stronger than humans, twice that under water, etc etc. Explain what crusian carp fishmen can do, and at the end add the names or the effects of the traits that gives you.

Also, specify whether drunkenness gives your character a bonus in anything (you'll have to figure that one out yourself, for example, Rock Lee in Naruto definitely got a buff when he got drunk (that one time... for some reason), it added unpredictability and randomness to his moves, which in this RP would translate to a trait that allows the user to dodge moves as if he passively had 1 Agility speed). For now I'll assume it doesn't since your character is drunk all the time.

Do you have someone to draw your Appearance for you? That's cool. I'd imagine, since he's a fishman, that he has webbed fingers and toes, and they usually have fins or something too. Your character doesn't need to have them (I think Hody only has the webbed fingers and a shark fin, nothing else), but if it's a prominent thing on the fish (like some fishmen have large things running down their forehead and back) it should probably be on you too.

Not sure how I wrote this before, but Equipment is for stuff you use while fighting, mostly. Items is for anything not immediately important in combat scenarios. It might have been the other way around before.

For Traits, your crucian carp thing doesn't count. That you can add back in Race. If it ever becomes important in an RP scenario, that will do just fine. Traits are for stuff that actively affects combat, stuff that's in numbers. Traits are basically techs that you don't need to spend points in, you can't improve, and is often active all the time.

Also, fill in this text for Underwater Breathing (and a similar one if your drunkenness gives you a trait);

Underwater Breathing: This character, due to being part fish, can survive in the depths of the ocean. They have gills, fins and a body made to survive great pressure. [1 Agility speed while submerged]

You can rename it or whatever, as long as those last brackets are there so I know your trait actually does something. Here you can see that the trait also encompasses the various things a fishman gets. If your capricciosa carp got you a trait, you could add those things in there too, but as long as there's no [ thing ] in there, it's not a trait.

Moving on to the Stats, you forgot the +2 fishmen get in Power. Write this like so; Power: 5 (3+2) for simplicity. Your stats to techs ratio is all messed up. I see you've got 4 Power (from Rudder Sabotage, Keel Sabotage, Niagara and Nisenmaigawara Suiken), 2 Agility (from Uchimizu and Ryuuken), 2 Stamina (Uchimizu Rendan and Rudder Repair) and the two Focus you've counted right. That brings you up to ten points. You only have 7, but you have an additional two points in Power. So you've got one tech too many.

Alright, the fun stuff. For Techs, there's some wording and stuff that's a bit off.

1 Power does not equal a Two Thousand Bricks move. That's 100 bricks. Compare the strength of Jinbei and Kuroobi. You're closer to Kuroobi's level right now. I'd say a 4 pointer can get you two thousand bricks level of power. 1 Power is generally moves that have names, but you don't see them causing major damage unless your opponent is weak. Back in Arlong Park, this move caused Sanji a bit of damage but he's still walking around. Power 3 would be a thousand bricks, i'd say. From there on I guess it's a thousand bricks per point or so. Did I ever post one of those lists that say what points correlate to in terms of damage? Like, 1 power is wood, 2 is stone, 3 is iron and so on? Not sure how to make that list.

I'd remove the Naruto reference in the tech, but that's just my opinion. You can word the techs however you want. I like tidyness. Specify what kind of buff Suiken is. If it doesn't do anything other than set up your another attack, it doesn't have to be its own tech, it can be a part of that one. Same for Nisuiken.

For your ship-related techs, it seems good. Rudder Repair would either fix a rudder that's been broken, or remove a (one point) de-buff on it, or both. You're probably not gonna encounter any 2 points debuffs anytime soon so you're good. You can word this differently in order for it to work even if the rudder is untouched, buffing it. Make sure to add some brackets at the end of the tech. For rudder and keel sabotage, specify that it's a structure you're hampering with, not a human. That could get messy. Those techs are a good example of how any stat could be used for those kinds of techs. In this case you're implying that you're breaking them by force (since it's Power), but if you used Focus it'd come across as messing with their functionality and such. You could also stack these on top of each other, making it a single tech that does both things at once, for simplicity and making it easier to stack on them simultaneously.

Other than that, good CS! Getting excited for what's to come, for sure!

#56 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

Well yeah about the Race stuff I pretty much assumed everyone knows that fishmen have webbed fingers etc. Yeah I got stuck with my Background for so long I miscalculated the racial Power too even though I tried to remind myself "add 2 Power" :D

I'll edit those tomorrow at some point

And picture request is pending only in the Art request thread :D

Edited by Jekkusormi, 30 September 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#57 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

Aha. Cool! On a related note, I just now saw that your name is JekkusoRmi, not Jekkusomi. Wow.

#58 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:18 AM

I edited Techs now, is it ok now?

#59 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

Alright, I have less to say now.

I'm going to change how Underwater Breathing works, after some pondering. Fishmen aren't that fast in the water, they're just much better than humans. I'm gonna change it from 1 Agility speed while swimming to 1 Power strength while submerged, but for mermen it's gonna be 1 Agility speed; all this because it's been said that fishmen are twice as strong underwater, and that mermaids are the fastest underwater of all species. So yeah. Sorry if that messes up your plans, but I hope it doesn't. 

Please add the (+2) bubble next to your number in the Power stat, not Total, so we see which stats it uses. You can remove the buff from the trait, that doesn't really act as a stat point. 

You now have 2 points left to spend. Remember, those +2 for being a fishman can be used with techs! So your total is 9, which means you have 9 points to spend on techs, and +2 in Power means at least 2 of those tech points have to be Power. If we count Hyakumaigawara Suiken and Niagara as your 'free' fishman techs, you have two miscellaneous points to spend! Yay!

The techs seem fine. For RP purposes, Rudder Repair will work even if the damage isn't necessarily the rudder, since that is a pretty rare scenario. It'll work with anything that directly influences the ship's steering, unless it's like, a huge giant holding the ship. Then it might not work as intended...

Also, in the same realm of reasoning, Rudder Sabotage will halt any mediocre ship from moving, the debuff will come into play more if it's a big ship (like if it's the final bosses ship, or a Marine Headquarters ship). If it's just a lowly pirate ship made out of nondescript wood, you can do whatever you want to it with that tech, slow it, completely stop it, whatever.

#60 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:18 AM

Alright, I have less to say now.

I'm going to change how Underwater Breathing works, after some pondering. Fishmen aren't that fast in the water, they're just much better than humans. I'm gonna change it from 1 Agility speed while swimming to 1 Power strength while submerged, but for mermen it's gonna be 1 Agility speed; all this because it's been said that fishmen are twice as strong underwater, and that mermaids are the fastest underwater of all species. So yeah. Sorry if that messes up your plans, but I hope it doesn't. 

Please add the (+2) bubble next to your number in the Power stat, not Total, so we see which stats it uses. You can remove the buff from the trait, that doesn't really act as a stat point. 

You now have 2 points left to spend. Remember, those +2 for being a fishman can be used with techs! So your total is 9, which means you have 9 points to spend on techs, and +2 in Power means at least 2 of those tech points have to be Power. If we count Hyakumaigawara Suiken and Niagara as your 'free' fishman techs, you have two miscellaneous points to spend! Yay!

The techs seem fine. For RP purposes, Rudder Repair will work even if the damage isn't necessarily the rudder, since that is a pretty rare scenario. It'll work with anything that directly influences the ship's steering, unless it's like, a huge giant holding the ship. Then it might not work as intended...

Also, in the same realm of reasoning, Rudder Sabotage will halt any mediocre ship from moving, the debuff will come into play more if it's a big ship (like if it's the final bosses ship, or a Marine Headquarters ship). If it's just a lowly pirate ship made out of nondescript wood, you can do whatever you want to it with that tech, slow it, completely stop it, whatever.

But Niagara uses 2 Power so I got only 1 "extra" move left and that being 1 Power underwater move? Ofcourse unless I misunderstood (once again -.-') how Techs work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users