• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:40 PM

So I'm not sure if this already exists, but it would be great if there was a thread where people could discus and talk about the latest global (breaking/or non-breaking) news. News like today's shooting in the US, or Russia deciding to send forces to Syria, the east coast of the USA preparing for a hurricane, oil prices going down or a terrorist attack somewhere. Basically things like that. 

The reason why I'm requesting this is because some times I feel the need to talk about these matters with an international community to see the different views arround the world. And since OM is pretty much the biggest international community I currently am part of, I thought it would be the perfect place.

Anyways, is it an option? Would people be interested in this? If so, then could a mod perhaps create one and add some guidelines or rules? I have no idea how to create an official thread like that.   

If a thread like this already exists then just guide me to it and ignore this request.  

Cheers

Edited by tattaslayr, 01 October 2015 - 07:06 PM.

• Petite Fleur, Peleihno, Hooded Crow and 1 other like this

#2 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:53 AM

I second this idea.

I remember there's a News Thread in Debate subforum (then moved to GCC) around Q1-Q2 last year (2014). Either it's @NanaoChan or @gametaka who made (and posted in) the thread, can't remember well.

If this gets approved, I can contribute on posting news concerning the latest situations in the ASEAN region as well as in the South China Sea (SCS), as the geopolitics in those areas involve (mainly economic) interests of China, USA, and the Asia-Pacific nations, which, might be interesting to follow--especially since ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) will be effective come this year's end (December 2015), and, the implementation of which, would surely affect the geopolitical dynamics of the 10 ASEAN countries (as well as US and China, especially concerning business/trades/economics).

• tattaslayr likes this

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

#3 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:53 AM

I'm fine with a general world news thread in the GCC forum, or do one for regions since we have a fairly wide userbase - US, UK, AUS/JPAC - or however you want to divide the regions up.  

Just remember that the thread(s) are for discussing news and not debating things, so keep it civil and polite.

• YoWid likes this

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#4 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

Making a global thread is better I think since the thread will get more attention that way. With certain regional news people all across the world are usually interested, no matter their origins. Like yesterday's shooting in the USA for example. I myself am from Europe but it was still big news over here. 

YoWid do you mind opening one? I think you have more experience with opening threads here on OM than me. ^^

• YoWid likes this

#5 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

YoWid do you mind opening one? I think you have more experience with opening threads here on OM than me. ^^

If you don't mind waiting, I'll open it in around 24 hours from now--for now I gotta be off and finish my work.

• tattaslayr likes this

#6 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:26 AM

If you don't mind waiting, I'll open it in around 24 hours from now--for now I gotta be off and finish my work.

NO I WANT IT NOW!

Kidding. Take your time man. There's no rush at all.

#7 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

NO I WANT IT NOW!

Kidding. Take your time man. There's no rush at all.

Bruh, if you leave me to open open it nao the first post will literally be this:

@tattaslayr and @YoWid decided to open Global News Thread, bringing latest scoops from around the globe for your eyes only!

Discuss, people. Also, tune in for moar news.

^ Literally.

#8 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,711 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

I'm fine with a general world news thread in the GCC forum, or do one for regions since we have a fairly wide userbase - US, UK, AUS/JPAC - or however you want to divide the regions up.  

Just remember that the thread(s) are for discussing news and not debating things, so keep it civil and polite.

Oh! So we can discuss things and not just post. Awesome! Should we have a separate thread for discussing news though? One for the actual news stories. The other for discussing said news. It would seem cleaner and less cluttered.

• RhyssaFireheart and YoWid like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#9 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,770 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

It's legitimately amazing how ingrained a sense of organization has become here.

• Hooded Crow, RhyssaFireheart and YoWid like this

#10 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

It's legitimately amazing how ingrained a sense of organization has become here.

All credits to YoWid. He made it look awesome. He put quite a bit of effort in the idea. I should be ashamed. xD 

Edited by tattaslayr, 15 October 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#11 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:53 PM

We really do have a good set of users around here, don't we?

• Greg, Hooded Crow and Sloan like this

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#12 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,711 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:59 PM

Seeing as Greg and Rhyssa has seemed to give its blessing, I'll let @YoWid put up the thread as he sees fit. It is his brainchild after all.
  • YoWid likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#13 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:10 AM

Oh! So we can discuss things and not just post. Awesome! Should we have a separate thread for discussing news though? One for the actual news stories. The other for discussing said news. It would seem cleaner and less cluttered.

Initially I thought the posters can be redirected to debate subforum, but a thread exclusively for news discussion in GCC would be nooice.

Legitly.

All credits to YoWid. He made it look awesome. He put quite a bit of effort in the idea. I should be ashamed. xD

So our child is a bit...'special', and now you're disowning her??? some parent you are :angry:

Seeing as Greg and Rhyssa has seemed to give its blessing, I'll let @YoWid put up the thread as he sees fit. It is his brainchild after all.

Youre forgetting mai hasubando @tattaslayr who sired this gifted child? He might be a "well done, son" guy when it comes to fatherhood, yet still.

Hmph, how rude.

EDIT: /s

Edited by YoWid, 18 October 2015 - 03:06 PM.

• tattaslayr likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users