• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 WinterWarrior

WinterWarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:12 PM

Good Afternoon everyone, newbie here but I need some assistance for something good to read.My job is a bore fest so i have plenty of empty time when i am not actually working. I have already read or seen DragonBall Z series, Yu yu hakusho, Inuyasha, Soul Eater, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tale and Full Metal Alchemist. All of these to me have the same theme or element going on and i am looking for something similar to kill time. If anyone has any suggestions let me know and if i posted this in the wrong area my bad i am learning!! I also thought this would be a cool way to meet new people on the forums! :P  :D  :D  :P

#2 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

We have a manga recommendations thread here:

http://onemangaforum...dations-thread/

:)

Meanwhile you can check out Toriko, Hunter X Hunter or Boku No Hero Academia. They are similar to the manga you have read.

#3 grandao0

grandao0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:23 PM

We have a manga recommendations thread here:

http://onemangaforum...dations-thread/

:)

Meanwhile you can check out Toriko, Hunter X Hunter or Boku No Hero Academia. They are similar to the manga you have read.

Hunter x Hunter will be a good one since you liked Yu Yu Hakusho and Toriko too if you liked One Piece.

Good Afternoon everyone, newbie here but I need some assistance for something good to read.My job is a bore fest so i have plenty of empty time when i am not actually working. I have already read or seen DragonBall Z series, Yu yu hakusho, Inuyasha, Soul Eater, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tale and Full Metal Alchemist. All of these to me have the same theme or element going on and i am looking for something similar to kill time. If anyone has any suggestions let me know and if i posted this in the wrong area my bad i am learning!! I also thought this would be a cool way to meet new people on the forums! :P  :D  :D  :P

Killing time huh? Welcome to OMF.

signature_Usop.jpg

#4 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

You can never go wrong with toriko, if you can catchup your life will be filled with many joys, all hail the Mother Snake

#5 WinterWarrior

WinterWarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:39 PM

Never heard of Toriko or Hunter x Hunter! Ill definitely give them both a try. Manga Panda is the best source right?

#6 Oben

Oben

Soup

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,506 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:44 AM

Never heard of Toriko or Hunter x Hunter! Ill definitely give them both a try. Manga Panda is the best source right?

No, they compress images and spam advertising. Try Batoto.
  • Sloan likes this

#7 WinterWarrior

WinterWarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:45 AM

Just doing a follow up with everyone. Batoto is awesome for one! and toriko is all about food what the fudge cakes??? But it is getting better and i am no longer bored at work!  :D  :D  :D  :D

• Tale likes this

#8 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

Try Nanatsu no Taizai/Seven Deadly Sins or City Hunter.

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

#9 WinterWarrior

WinterWarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

Try Nanatsu no Taizai/Seven Deadly Sins or City Hunter.

Could you give me a brief description

#10 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:23 PM

NNT is about seven criminals-turned-royal-knights-turned-criminals-again characters from diverse backgrounds commonly found in fantasy (demon, fairy, undead, giant, etc.). I love the non-standard traits and fighting skills that the Sins and their allies/enemies have, I also found the story pacing smooth, and the drawing art is pretty good and clean-looking.

Meanwhile,

City Hunter is about Ryo Saeba and his partner Kaori Makimura as 'sweepers'--hired guns and/or bounty hunters that can be recruited by writing XYZ in a blackboard on the Tokyo Subway. The setting takes place in the urban sprawl of Shinjuku (Kabuki-cho) and its vicinity. Ryo is a gun-toting ex-mercenary that is highly competent when dealing with thugs and crooks; but quite weak when it comes to sexy and beautiful women. Kaori Makimura is the tomboy sister of his former partner Hideyuki that got killed by some drug kingpin early on in the manga. She whips out 100-ton hammer to 'handle' Ryo's 'mokkori' problem and is a highly competent gun-for-hire herself. Hilarity ensues. Also, moments of drama and romance abound in this definitive early 90s Shounen masterpiece by Hojo Tsukasa. 

http://onemangaforum...86-city-hunter/

Edited by YoWid, 09 October 2015 - 05:54 PM.

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

#11 WinterWarrior

WinterWarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:37 PM

Sorry to bring an old post out from the grave but i just finished Toriko and i just have to thank everyone who suggested it!! Toriko and co is the best group since yu yu hakusho team!! Next up is Hunter x Hunter i hope it is just as great!

• Tale and GintaMan like this

#12 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

Sorry to bring an old post out from the grave but i just finished Toriko and i just have to thank everyone who suggested it!! Toriko and co is the best group since yu yu hakusho team!! Next up is Hunter x Hunter i hope it is just as great!

The only thing bad about HxH is the hiatus but overall, it's a great series. My girlfriend got hooked on anime because of  this. 

"To have a dream is to struggle with reality."

Have a taste of my pIMP Slap!

tiM4Zrr.gif

"The Old Man of the North"

http://38.media.tumb...EcNV1r1vglf.gif

Chairman Emeritus, OMF Butt Stuff Appreciation Association

Almighty Bishop of the Church of Escanor, Gawd of the Sun

#13 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,812 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

YOU HAAAAAAVE TO READ BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA!!! ITS ONLY 70 CHAPTERS LONG! DOOOOO IIIIIIIT!!!!

Edited by retroluffy13, 27 December 2015 - 10:31 AM.

• Red Opus likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#14 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:54 AM

Everyone can get behind that suggestion, I held off on it at first but...it's a great story this far

#15 WinterWarrior

WinterWarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:54 PM

Glad you all posted that. Hunter x hunter did not keep my attention. And this holiday hiatus has me pulling my hair out.

• retroluffy13 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users