#41 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:00 PM

The steam was dense enough that spotting a regular person would be difficult, let alone a thief. For Rinka, scouting the area would be child's play under the cloak of steam. The girl closed in on their location unnoticed when she tripped over a censer. The censer fell with a bang and the smell of peppermint died. The shadows immediately pointed their weapons in the direction of the sound.

"Show yourself!" shouted one of the shadows.

Spoiler Rolls

#42 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:22 AM

''Oh no!'', Wakana immediately closed the distance and stood diagonally behind Rinka to help her.

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#43 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Lucina Main

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,388 posts
  • LocationTech City

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:10 AM

Rinka stopped Wakana. "It's fine." She gestured to the paladin. "Back me up." Swallowing hard, she stepped forward. "I'm not looking for a fight. My name is Rinka. I'm here taking the Adventurer's Exam."

DbR5r2F.jpg?1

#44 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:15 AM

Vaeri stepped forward as well, moving to stand at the thief's right side while Wakana stayed to the left.  She kept her shield lightly raised and sword unsheathed, but made no threatening motions with it.  "She's right, we don't even know who you are, much less have any quarrel with you."

As she spoke, she peered through the steam to try her best and discern whatever ritual had been going on with the knocked over censer. 

TwjBrPX.png

#45 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:11 PM

The two large shadows revealed themselves to be two middle-aged men. The man on the left was tall and wielded a sword. He wore a purple cloth painted with an elephant emblem around his right arm and looked to be the senior of the two. The man on the left was short and stocky, and held a large battleaxe with one hand. He too wore a purple cloth around his arm.

The older man looked warily at the trio. "If that is the case, how did you break through the illusion? You young ones shouldn't be strong enough yet."

"The dungeon may have shifted again, Adi. The Mistress did say it would be unstable," said the shorter man.

Adiron frowned. "Perhaps. In either case you three should turn back. All that lies ahead is a hot spring, and it is currently in use."

The stockier man shook his head and sighed. "Don't be so unsociable. This is our chance to help the next generation! Look at their gazes of admiration, can you say no to that?"

"I can. I do not wish to aid children in marching to their death." Having said his piece, Adiron disappeared back through the steam and held his position.

The stocky man sighed again, and held out his hand to Vaeri. "My name is Krone, and that is Adiron," said Krone. "Don't mind him, he is just grumpy."

Having made introductions and exchanged pleasantries, Krone stuck out his chest proudly and asked, "So, what questions do you have for this hero?"

Spoiler Vaeri's DR

#46 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:57 PM

Curiosity is piqued. Wakana stepped forward and looked at Krone, pointing at his right arm ''Why elephant?...Mistress who?''

#47 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Lucina Main

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,388 posts
  • LocationTech City

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:26 AM

Rinka shared the same curiousity. "Yeah... That explains the steam, but what were you guys up to in here? You're not at all wary of the monsters in here either?"

DbR5r2F.jpg?1

#48 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:46 PM

Vaeri nodded in agreement with the ninja after shaking the man's hand.  "Yeah, you two seem pretty tough, but you'd think there would still be better places to go for a hotspring than this."

"Actually, I guess the heat of this place would make it pretty nice... Too bad it's occupied.  Oh, and we have tree boy with us.  And the whole matter of the quest."  She spoke half to herself as she mused on the situation. 

She considered what the man had said to his companion.  "You said you wanted to help us?  How so?" 

TwjBrPX.png

#49 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:47 PM

Krone looked at Wakana with suspicion in his gaze. He could not believe the question he was being asked.

"Why an elephant? After seeing our emblem and hearing our names, do you still not know who we are, sapling? I know it's been two decades, but Airavata should be known across Ferrault. Listen well sapling, we're the adventurers who discovered and conquered the Floating Palace. Our fights with arcane machinery rained artifacts over the Rugged Plains. We brought back the tomes that taught wizards True Sight. Why an elephant? Bah."

"As for the Mistress, if she wanted to reveal herself, she would have."

The man turned back to the two women to answer their questions. "We do not fear monsters of this level. They are but slightly stronger than a fly."

"The hot springs here have extra healing properties that can be used in healing potions. We sometimes come to fill up on resources or to take a break. Ah, that was a secret. Please don't tell anyone. In fact..." trailed off Krone while he searched through the large pack sitting on the floor. He pulled out a variety of herbs and tools until he finally found a small cerise flask. "This potion is made from the water here. It's a bit more effective than normal ones." The man tossed it towards the paladin whom he had identified as the leader. "Keep it. You will need it."

"As for what kind of help... I can give you advice that trivializes the next room." Krone's jovial expression took a turn for the serious. "Would you like to know its secret? Could you live not knowing if you could have passed the examination purely on your own merit?"

#50 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:46 PM

Vaeri caught the potion and stowed it away in her pack.  "That makes sense then.  Thank you."

At the man's second question, she frowned.  "I may be a paladin, but that doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to turn down help all the time like some might.  But at the same time, I don't want help for something like this.  This is a test of our skills as adventurers.  I don't think outside interference like this was ever mentioned in the rules... but if we can't get by this on our own merits with no problem, we don't have any business going into more dangerous places."

TwjBrPX.png

#51 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

Krone nodded in agreement. "Good answer. I see you have a cool head on your shoulders."

"A piece of advice for the rest of your careers? Your head will save you more than your strength. There is usually more than one way around an obstacle." Krone gave Rinka a knowing look. "Although I suppose this advice was already drilled into you at a young age, wasn't it?"

#52 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Lucina Main

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,388 posts
  • LocationTech City

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:46 AM

Rinka raised an eyebrow. "I'm... Not sure what you're talking about." While she appeared calm externally, she was on guard for her life at that point. There is no way anybody present could know of her clan. "Vaeri-chan, Waka-kun, I'm ready to go if you two are."

DbR5r2F.jpg?1

#53 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:55 AM

''Sure'', Wakana turned to Vaeri ''Forward or back?''

#54 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

"Well, it seems the only place to go here besides the hotspring is back to the fork in the tunnel.  So I guess it's back."  She nodded at the guard before turning to leave.  "May the gods be with you and your less personable companion."

TwjBrPX.png

#55 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:39 AM

The trio doubled back to the fork they came from and took the remaining path until it widened into the largest room encountered so far. The walls were lined with torches and extended far past the horizon. Looking up, the ceiling disappeared into darkness high above where torchlight could reach. Through the center of the room they saw giant stone pillars floating, slamming down, and floating back upwards. Craters peppered the earth underneath the floating pillars. In the distance, past the pillars, three runes were etched into the wall. They glowed faintly and emitted magical power. They could not see a door or passage from where they stood.

#56 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:42 AM

Wakana walked slowly towards the pillars to observe the earth underneath them.

#57 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:10 PM

The only pillar Wakana could safely observe was the one directly in front of the entrance. Keeping a safe distance inside the passage, the fighter peered into the crater below the pillar. In the center, Wakana could see the vague imprint of a skeleton sprawled into the earth. It looked as if the floating pillars had flattened one of the adventurers' predecessors into the ground. He also noticed that the pillars barely made contact with the earth before floating back up.

#58 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:32 PM

Turned his heads towards his 2 female companions, Wakana said ''Skeleton!''. His finger pointed at the crater, waiting for Vaeri and Rinka to come closer.

Edited by Fulmine, 15 December 2015 - 12:08 AM.

#59 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Lucina Main

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,388 posts
  • LocationTech City

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:41 PM

Rinka approached Wakana and took a look. "Looks like there's a pattern. They only come down where the craters are, looks like." She nodded to Wakana. "That sound right, genius?"

DbR5r2F.jpg?1

#60 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:06 PM

''More than one crater'', Wakana shook his head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users