Jump to content


Photo

[RP] Faster than a Snail -- B-Side


  • Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 fayrbrant

fayrbrant

    Tsundere

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Forest

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:03 AM

"That sounds as gross as it is dangerous if you ask me," Ein replied to Arnold's findings about the faded runes etched on the double doors.

 

"Good thing we now know what to look out for though. I'll keep an eye on the slime-spewer, and you'll keep an eye out the inconspicuous plant traps. Sounds good to you, Imina?" he continued as he peered through the collapsed door in an attempt to identify any hostile creatures that could be lurking ahead.


Edited by fayrbrant, 04 November 2015 - 10:03 AM.


#22 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:14 PM

"A slime spewing beast is it? I'll wager that's why these are the Halls of Goop then" Richard said stroking his chin thoughtfully. He should let Imina get a look see for these traps before wandering in he figured, wondering what that left him with. He noticed Karak was still some distance away from them, watching them as they had dealt so wonderfully with their first enemy.

 

"Ser Karak! You told us that some slimes were traps, did you mean like the one that attached itself to Arnold or do we have something yet sneakier waiting for us?"


iyzTKCh.jpg


“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”


#23 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:30 AM

Ein peered through the doorway but found nothing evil. The entrance did not seem to be booby trapped, and the only dangerous organism was the slime that coated the walls. The only interesting thing Ein noticed was that the path from the entrance quickly ended at a lake, and if there used to be a bridge, it was long gone. The group would have to jump from rock to rock to get across.

 

Karak looked at Richard with genuine regret. "KARAK IS NOT ALLOWED TO HELP. HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THAT TOUCHING SLIMES IS TRAP."



#24 rototom

rototom

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:53 AM

"Skalt protect me... I'm going to take a look inside. Could one of you kindly cover my back as I do so?" asks Arnold, and once someone agrees to cover him, he steps through into the lake room and scans the lake and rocks for threats, taking care not to touch the slime on the walls/floor as he does so



#25 fayrbrant

fayrbrant

    Tsundere

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Forest

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

"So we pay utmost attention on slimes and plants? Gotcha," Ein responded to the informations that the party are quickly gathering.

 

Despite their.. unorthodox methods, for the lack of better words, the party seems to be quickly proving their potential for greatness, from what Ein is looking. Seeing that there is no evil in the room beyond the double doors, Ein entered the room, positioning himself at the front row. Having reached the lake banks without any incidents, however, Ein left the task of testing the waters to Father Arnold, and decided to take a closer look at the area. What could possibly go wrong with that, right?

 

"So.. A lake, huh? Things can get slimy if the slimes decided to jump on us now. I'll see if I can find other passages," declared the young paladin as he started investigating the walls around the lake room, while taking care not to aggro the slimes.

 

"As always, we count on you to keep an eye on our backs, Miss Huntress. And your trusty blade as well, Rich."


Edited by fayrbrant, 08 November 2015 - 11:45 AM.


#26 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

    Where are the MORALS tho!?

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

"You know Ein, if only I had a real target to shoot" Imina said in a bored tone while she took a look at the lake, then she inspected the Slimes on the walls "Boring, Boring, booooring!" she yelled as she aimed their guns at them. "These are not fun... where is the Joy to end with a bang bang if they don't take damage at all!?"  

 

Her complains were soon shut down by Mikhail, who pushed her a little, getting her attention to it.

 

"Ohh...what is the big deal Mikhail...?" The Dog pointed at the Young Cleric who asked for support and was about to inspect the Lake, his call was ignored by Imina- who was busy yelling at slimes- "Bah...though It would be fun to see Arnold again getting eaten by one of those...Ooh!?" Mikhail pushed her again, almost losing her balance, as he growled and continued to point at Arnold "Fiiiine..." 

 

Almost forced against her will, Imina and Mikhail went to guard Arnold as he inspected the Lake.


Edited by Insane Soul, 08 November 2015 - 09:17 PM.


#27 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:54 AM

Richard waved at the frowning Karak. "All right, I understand" he said with a smile. It never hurt to ask and now he was sure he shouldn't be throwing any more rocks around. Seems they would need to tread carefully.

 

He turned back to the door as the others started to head through. He double checked nothing was following them before taking the rear guard, laughing to himself at the Paladin and Ranger's antics. "Kids will be kids I suppose"


iyzTKCh.jpg


“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”


#28 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:33 PM

Arnold scans the area around the lake and notices a few things.

 

First, the rocks that formed a path to the other side did not naturally occur there. He could see shallow impressions of a hand on the side of a few of the rocks. The path was clearly created by someone after the bridge broke down. Previous adventurers perhaps? Whatever the cause, the size of some of the rocks was quite small.

 

Next, he could see the lake was quite deep. He surmised that it was deep enough that only an adventurer who is adept at diving would be able to reach the bottom. Coincidentally, he also saw a reason to dive to the bottom: there was an ornate sword stuck in the bottom of the lake. The blade was embedded deeply enough that only the hilt showed.

 

Lastly, he saw the creatures swimming through the lake. They did not care for the cleric, and did not seem aggressive, but they also periodically let out bursts of electricity. It would be difficult to get the sword without aggravating some of the electric eels.

 

Ein had worse luck. As far as he could see the only things of interest on the walls were slimes. It looked like the only way to progress was to jump across the path of rocks.

 

Spoiler Rolls


#29 rototom

rototom

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:37 AM

"Well, the lake seems relatively safe." declares Arnold, "Looks like there are a few beasts lurking within but they do not seem aggressive, although I would not recommend a swim... that being said there looks to be a glorious blade at the bottom... heh heh...". 



#30 fayrbrant

fayrbrant

    Tsundere

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Forest

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

"Hmm.. There doesn't seem to be any hidden path in this room. Should we try to cross the river using the rocks then? I take it they are safe, Father Arnold?" Ein asked in the most neutral tone he could muster, trying to mask his frustration for not finding any cool secret path or hidden room or whatnot.

"About that blade.. What do you think, Rich? I personally think it's not worth the risk, but still, what do you think?"

#31 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

"If you don't trust your own blade enough that you want to go after that one you can feel free" Richard said with a smirk "But me and Spike here are perfectly in tune with one another, it's like part of my arm at this point" he said waving his spear around a bit. "I'm not about to abandon it for any old blade in a lake. We should cross the lake carefully, Arnold met with a nasty surprise last time so I'll go first and see what happens"

 

He didn't blame Ein for getting excited at his first prospect of treasure on his adventures, but some things weren't worth the risk and a fighter's first and fastest friend was always his weapon. Chuckling a little at Ein's infectious enthusiasm Richard took his first few careful steps on the rocks, trying to take care not to fall in.


Edited by Spamamdorf, 15 November 2015 - 07:59 PM.

iyzTKCh.jpg


“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”


#32 rototom

rototom

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

"The rocks seem safe enough, my child. Let us proceed with care. And Richard... please inform me if you plan to throw a stone in this time...". Arnold musters his courage and follows after Richard, checking carefully for any loose or slippery stones. 



#33 fayrbrant

fayrbrant

    Tsundere

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Forest

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:58 AM

"Nah, I agree with you. Water is not our domain," replied the young paladin to his fellow adventurer.

Seeing that the warrior and cleric have begun their quest to cross the river, Ein turned to Imina and..

"Before we start, er.. Uhh.. Is Mikhail a good swimmer? I'm.. Err.. Not exactly confident in my swimming ability, y'know, in case I fall off the slippery stone, haha.. haaaa..."

Hey, to be fair Ein's armor and shield would be a nightmare to swim in, ok? Plate armor and water are never the best friends after all..

#34 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

    Where are the MORALS tho!?

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:51 PM

"Ehhh" she turned around and faced Mikhail, who was staring at her as well, though he could not speak, Imina understood perfectly just by looking at him "Well..."   she sighed "He can not swim, he is afraid of wa-ah!?"  her sentence was interrupted after Mikhail pushed her, growling at her. Noticing this, Imina nervously tried to change the topic. "Hah...aha plus...I do not think my bulelts will do any good in water...so It is better to cross the river." She gave a push to Ein and continued "Forget manners and go first, Mikhail will go after and myself last, if something happens Mikhail can always help us out."



#35 fayrbrant

fayrbrant

    Tsundere

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Forest

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

"Uwaaaaaah..! Hey stop pushing!" complained the paladin to the huntress as he tried to find his balance and jump from the bank towards the nearest stone.

Edited by fayrbrant, 16 November 2015 - 07:04 PM.


#36 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

    Where are the MORALS tho!?

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:59 PM

"Your turn" After ordering Mikhail to follow Ein (though hesitated) She and Mikhail carefully followed Ein.



#37 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:17 PM

Richard managed to get to the other side of the lake without a problem. The same could not be said for the rest of his group. Arnold stumbled on the second to last rock and Ein collided into him causing both to fall into the water. With Mikhail taking position directly in front of Imila, the ranger could not lend a helping hand from her position either.

 

Four electric eels immediately surrounded the holy men and began emitting electricity. It was a stroke of luck that the freshwater lake did not conduct electricity, but the duo were no doubt in danger.

 

Spoiler Rolls


#38 rototom

rototom

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:30 AM

Arnold panics and casts Magic Missile, targeting one of the eels. 



#39 fayrbrant

fayrbrant

    Tsundere

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Forest

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:56 AM

"Wuh, what? Why'd you do THAT!" Ein screamed in panic as he saw Arnold firing Magic Missile on one of the eels.

 

"I don't know about you father, but the last thing I want when underwater is to aggravate the water dwellers," he continued to complain. All the while trying his best to swim to the banks. He had intended to drag Arnold along with him, but decided not to because he's already struggling to swim all by his own. Unwilling hitchhiker would definitely drown him.

 

It'd sure be great if Mikhail or Richard would lend a hand to get him and Father Arnold out of the water though.



#40 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:48 PM

Richard turned as he heard a splash behind him, he hadn't even done anything this time and still trouble came for them, truly adventuring was a thrill a minute.

 

"E-Ein!" Richard called in shock as he saw the Paladin swim quickly away from the floundering cleric "You can't just ditch a party member so callously, that's the duty of the front line!" 

 

Clambering back to the near side of the lake Richard swapped the ends of his wooden spear around and tried to hoist Arnold out of the water away from the eels.


Edited by Spamamdorf, 22 November 2015 - 11:49 PM.

iyzTKCh.jpg


“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users