#41 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Where are the MORALS tho!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:08 PM

"Crap" Imina murmured, the worst happened, and if she did not help them, the Eels would follow them quickly, specially after the Cleric gathered their attention with his spell.

Mikhail was useless in this situation, the best she could do was...
"Ein!, Arnold!" she shouted keep going towards Richard and do not stop at any cost or I will hit you!" She then aimed at their location, not to shoot them directly, but behind them, Imina doubted that her bullets would be able to hit directly her targets underwater, but at least could stagger them and slow them down so both the Paladin and Cleric managed to escape. With a simple *bang* Imina shot at the river

#42 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:55 PM

Arnold's frantic magic missile hits an eel and disintegrates it. The resulting shockwave sent a mini wave filled with the remaining eels towards Ein. The wave of eels chased a fleeing Ein and electrocuted him before he fully escaped the water. With Ein completely out of danger, the eels turned around and charged at Arnold once more.

Spoiler Rolls

#43 rototom

rototom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:10 PM

Arnold, abandoned by the party paladin, will attempt to swim out of the water, while shouting for help

#44 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

The cleric found himself in a precarious situation: in his frantic escape, the paladin left a trio of eels in his place. Arnold shouted for help and saw Richard respond by angling his trusty spear over the eels. All Arnold had to do was grab it. In a perhaps not entirely sane decision, the cleric chose to swim past the eels to Richard. In doing so, he had to drop his staff or risk being slowed and surrounded. Despite his sacrifice he was still too slow to escape the eels entirely. They sparked and darted, and managed to surround the cleric as he was being lifted out. 

The three eels combined their efforts and charged their electricity as a group. The heat from the powerful electricity discharging from the three monsters turned water to steam.

Death himself seemed to appear before Arnold's eyes; black cloak billowing, wispy, and ephemeral. His body felt tingles as a few wayward sparks assaulted him as he tried to hang onto the spear. Then Death and light vanished as Imina's shots hit their mark. The bullets slapped the water with furious speed and disintegrated. The shockwave that followed interrupted the electric discharge but did not harm the eels themselves.

Richard finished pulling Arnold out of the water and onto land and all the adventurers were finally safe.

Spoiler Roll

#45 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

Richard breathed a sigh of relief as everyone caught their breath over the ordeal in the water. That had certainly been a close call for their cleric, and as he remembered why he had been all alone he turned around.

"Ein. If we're going to see stunts like that I suggest you should head home and come back when you've grown up a little. We don't need boys who run from the first sign of danger in an adventuring party, and certainly not on the front if we can't trust you to protect those behind you." He thumped the butt of his spear on Ein's shield, his voice impassive.

"That shield isn't there just for you, it's big enough to protect those behind you as well, that's what it's meant for. We evacuate women and children first in times of danger, but it's time for you to decide if you're counting yourself among the children or the men. That's why we're being tested, are you man enough for the task before you? Or should we have Karak take you back to the guild?" Richard knew he might be being a little harsh with the boy, but it was true that he'd be more harm than use to the party if you trusted him with your back only to get hit in it as he ran away.

Edited by Spamamdorf, 09 December 2015 - 01:12 PM.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#46 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:20 PM

"Ugh" Inmediatelly after she crossed the rocks, Imina fell down on the floor next to the other adventurers "I am exhausted..." she made some signals to Mikhail so he would carry her, after a coupled of failed attempts and being ignored, she continued after Richard gave a speech to Ein "What the old man is trying to say Ein, help friends and we will help you back...that or we will use you as bait nyaha-umph-!?" She couldn't finish her laughter, as Mikhail pressed his paw over her head, shutting her mouth against the floor.

Edited by Insane Soul, 09 December 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#47 rototom

rototom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:21 AM

"cough... gack!!!" chokes Arnold as he struggles to regain his breath. "How could this be happening to me... could Skalt be punishing me? Oh my sweet lord I am so sorry, I am drenched with sin..." Arnold will then desperately petition his deity by confessing a variety of sins, in hopes of receiving forgiveness.

#48 fayrbrant

fayrbrant

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Forest

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:59 PM

Ein Zelretch

Having coughed up most of the water he swallowed during his frantic swim to the banks, Ein tried to explain the reasoning behind his previous action to his teammates.

"I know that what I did look completely dishonorable to you, Rich. Heck, I would probably think the same if I were you," Ein declared as he wiped the water off his chin. "But I would like to remind you that I am practically useless underwater, and if I were to obstinately stay and fight, the only thing I would have accomplished is double the amount of people you need to save. On the other hand, if I were to save myself somehow, it'll allow you to focus your mind to saving Father Arnold. That, I reckon, would increase our odds of survival considerably."

"You may condemn me if you want, Rich, I do not mind. You have all the rights to do just so. But I want you to at least try to understand me a bit more, especially since we might be working together more in the future."

Having said that, Ein walked towards Imina and offered his hand to her. "Yeah, I understand that much. And trust me, I would stand my ground and fight when it counts. It's just that, there's no ground to stand on when you're underwater, y'know?"

Edited by fayrbrant, 20 December 2015 - 12:36 AM.

#49 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:19 AM

Listening to Ein, Richard nodded and sighed. "So when the going got tough you got out of there. There's nothing wrong with that kid, but it means you're not cut out for the frontlines. If you've got an enemy coming at you that's out of your league and you know you can't do anything to it, you still have to hold your ground until everyone else gets away, you're the last and only line of defense for those who trust you with their backs."

He walked over to Arnold and gave him a slap on the back "Arnold, you'll stick with me then, Ein, just do whatever you want" as he looked away from the kid and searched for ways deeper into the ruins, submitting himself to the fact that he'd be forced to take point for now.

Edited by Spamamdorf, 20 December 2015 - 01:20 AM.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#50 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:42 AM

Richard finds a closed door a short distance away from the group. Unlike the previous double doors, this door was made of wood and had no special inscriptions. Trying the doorknob, Richard found it unlocked and that it led to another wide open room in the distance.

Inside the room Richard could make out five hunched over figures. All five figures were cloaked, and the figure in the center held a large wooden staff. Given the distance, he could not make out any details about the others.

What he could make out, however, was that they were kneeling in front of an altar. It was small and austere, and the symbol of worship had crumbled over the ages. Given that the five figures were directing all their attention to worship, the adventurers-to-be had yet to be noticed. This would not last.

The adventurers-to-be had to make a decision and quick.

#51 fayrbrant

fayrbrant

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:58 AM

Ein Zelretch

"Fine by me," sulked the young paladin to the more seasoned warrior's close-minded view of chivalry. It's not that he couldn't understand Richard's logic. It's just that he believed that there's a distinct difference between standing guard to keep your comrades alive in a hopeless situation and standing uselessly and making things worse for everybody. The watery fiasco, to him, was the latter. Thus, he would NEVER apologize to Richard. Pretense is never a good thing in Ein's book.

Feeling that working closely would be counter-productive to both of them, Ein decided to stand as the rear guard of the party, putting as much distance between him and Richard. While the warrior opened the path, Ein continued to search for hidden traps or hostiles. Thus, when the party stumbled upon the five hooded figures, he was ready. Without wasting a moment, he readied his shield to cover Imina, who seemed to be ready to fire whenever Richard gave the signal. Then, he asked his God, "who is evil in this place?"

Edited by fayrbrant, 22 December 2015 - 11:00 AM.

#52 rototom

rototom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

Concerned about the impending encounter, Arnold will quietly cast cure light wounds on himself.

#53 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:44 PM

Hearing his companions moving hastily behind him Richard decided to address the figures before the situation escalated past the point of no return.

"Hail travelers! I am Richard Ventura, my companions and I are here for our adventurers exam and would ask your intentions that we might both go in peace."

iyzTKCh.jpg

#54 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:19 PM

Ein heard a voice in his mind, clear as a bell, "Everything in front of you is evil."

A faint white light enveloped Arnold as he healed himself.

"Hail travelers! I am Richard Ventura, my companions and I are here for our adventurers exam and would ask your intentions that we might both go in peace."

The five figures whipped around with enough speed that their cloaks lifted revealing them to be kobolds. Other than the staff-wielding kobold, the kobolds were equipped with a sword sheathed at their waist and multiple daggers at their side.

Snarling, two kobolds tossed their daggers straight at Richard. Two charged at the adventurers-to-be with their swords raised high. The staff-wielding kobold muttered to itself and a dark purple light began to emit from the jewelled head of the staff.

All yelled, "FOR LICKY LICKY!"

Spoiler Rolls

#55 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:46 PM

"Kh! If that's how it is." Richard raised his shield to block the knives. "Imina, Arnold! One of you guys should deal with that guy in the back, staves and glowing lights are never good news!" Bracing himself for the kobolds rushing at him, Richard stood firm.

Spoiler

Edited by Spamamdorf, 08 January 2016 - 03:59 AM.

iyzTKCh.jpg

#56 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:19 PM

"Got it!" Imina readied her weapon and aimed it at the Kobold with the staff "Ein, please cover me...Mikhail, we have a target!".  She then fired at the Kobold, sending Mikhail to attack it as well.

#57 fayrbrant

fayrbrant

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:27 AM

"Right. Stay behind me then. I'll draw their attention," Ein replied to Imina as he lunged to intercept one of the kobolds aiming at Richard with a simple thrust of his blade.

#58 rototom

rototom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

Arnold mutters a curse and fires a magic missile at the staff-wielding kobold

#59 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

The daggers clattered uselessly against Richard's shield and fell to the floor. Surprised by the strength of Richard's block, the two charging kobolds hesitated for a moment. Ein saw his opportunity and drove his blade through the kobold closest to him, dispatching it. The remaining kobold ignored the two warriors and continued its charge towards Imina.

With a wave of his staff, the staff-wielding kobold conjured a purple smog between him and the ranger's bullet. Imina's bullet passed through the purple smog, slowing, and the staff-wielding kobold side-stepped it. Mikhail, not having the disadvantage of only travelling in straight lines, detoured around the purple smog and sunk his teeth into the staff-wielding kobold's arm.

The kobold howled in pain and thrust the glowing staff at Mikhail's skull. It yelled, "DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

Before it could release its spell, Arnold's magic missile hit its target, killing the staff-wielding kobold. The staff rolled out of its dead hands and its purple glow brightened.

The two kobolds nearest to the staff-wielding kobold howled battle cries and charged at Mikhail in a pincer attack.

• fayrbrant likes this

#60 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:24 PM

"Shit"   Imina cursed as the two Kobolds made their way towards Mikhail, without hesitation she rushed towards them, and shot at one of the Kobolds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users