Photo

[Anime] Official Japanese Language Episodes (part 3)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

I didn't like it at all. 

And seriously, fillers... *sigh*

It's not really a filler. Yeah, it's interrupting the main storyline, but it is cannon material. Zero also possess plot points that are relevant to the main story. It's more of a prologue than filler. Furthermore, it's a good place to put it since we're getting a one year time skip in the main story and then there won't be any time. Think of it more along the lines of the Kekashi Gaiden episodes in Naruto that ended up being important because of Tobito.

In any case, I just got caught up again! I've been letting it get five or so episodes ahead of me and then watching them all at once. I started from Gray recovering from Memento Mori to now. Lots of feels. Igneel died, and the rest of the dragons did too. There second goal makes a lot more sense after reading current stuff in the manga. Face was stopped. Some of those faces had Titan $#!+ eating grins and that was scary af :wacko:
 Natsu is still an ass for leaving Lucy behind with only a note. Guys are so stupid :glare:  SS Gruvia is sailing pretty smooth, and Jerza is still rocking in the sea of angst.

Little Mavis is so cute :aww: glad she didn't let that guildmaster bring her down. Red Lizard would have been 'friends' with old Sabertooth. I'm excited to see Zero adapted. I skimmed it to get the main plot points over the summer and it was around the same time we got the Zeref flashback in the manga so yeah.... :cry:  I like the new opening. I was expecting something more cutsy since it's Mavis, but this is pretty good. I like it more than I did the last one when it first aired. Granted I warmed up to that one given some time. 

Edited by kessie, 17 January 2016 - 06:39 PM.

• Tenno and Chillman like this

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#22 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:06 PM

Natsu is still an ass for leaving Lucy behind with only a note. Guys are so stupid :glare:

Every NaLu fan just won't get over the whole

Gray and Juvia spent the time skip together, Levy and Gajeel spent the Timeskip together, Erza and Jellal spent the time skip together.

Natsu IOU one Apology and Lucy still hasn't ***** at him like they want her too.

Maybe NaLu just isn't gonna happen despite all the Haru/Ellie similarities.... though I'm pretty sure Haru admitted to being attracted to ellie like... halfway through the series.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#23 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:02 PM

Well this was a nice little filler episode. First of all Mavis was adorable throughout the episode.

It is nice that Warrod still has his bad jokes, Yuri just continues to be awesome, not much for Precht, but will have his moments.

Zera didn't do anything, which is smart of the anime writers, let's not push things with her, let Hiro handle her character and not mess things up.

Riding dolphins is fun, but kids don't try this at home, it is dangerous.

Mavis wanting to be useful and not be a burden, it makes sense giving that those Red Lizard all her live called her a useless burden. Dam those jerks I am glad they are dead.

In the end, our founding members of Fairy Tail are all thieves or pick pockets, which makes Natsu stealing the king's crown kind or more appropriate.

Next episode, it is Precht turn to be awesome, and will we see a certain character from a certain Fairy Tail movie, not to mention another character which I won't spoil the surprise.

#24 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

Poor Precht, this episode we get to know more about him, and see how socially awkward he was, so Precht is like Frankenstein's monster walking through that village.

Nice to see Mavis and Precht, and we get an idea of why he was named 2nd master. I tell you the at the time comical scene when Precht is mentioned and she cares about her misjudgement of how he fell into darkness, I look at the scene differently now, it is tragic that Precht became Hades and a Dark Guild master. Though I am glad he is finding redemption in the afterlife.

So they find one of Blue Skull's bases, and Mavis was brilliant bluff, way to go Mavis, showing her smarts.

Lastly we see Zeref awesome, but no Eclair and Momon cameos, I feel so ripped off, come on it is not like they Rave Master characters or something that might have some legal problems, there should be no legal reason why their cameo can't be adapted. Other than that, great episode.

Next week, are going into filler again?

#25 MAX_COLA_POWER!

MAX_COLA_POWER!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • LocationIn a Locationy place.

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:37 PM

Based on the title, we may be going into filler for maybe half of an episode.

#26 Laxus

Laxus

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:09 PM

Natsu is still an ass for leaving Lucy behind with only a note. Natsu is so stupid :glare:  

fixed for accuracy

#27 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,044 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:30 AM

It's not really a filler. Yeah, it's interrupting the main storyline, but it is cannon material. Zero also possess plot points that are relevant to the main story. It's more of a prologue than filler. Furthermore, it's a good place to put it since we're getting a one year time skip in the main story and then there won't be any time. Think of it more along the lines of the Kekashi Gaiden episodes in Naruto that ended up being important because of Tobito.

For fillers, I wasn't talking about FT Zero at all. I loved the prequel. 

I was complaining about last week's episode. That I hadn't seen yet, but from the preview, you could see it was filler and not in FT Zero. 

Come on, am I really one who would complain about FT Zero? 

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#28 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:11 AM

Yes?

#29 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:34 PM

For fillers, I wasn't talking about FT Zero at all. I loved the prequel.
I was complaining about last week's episode. That I hadn't seen yet, but from the preview, you could see it was filler and not in FT Zero.
Come on, am I really one who would complain about FT Zero?

Oh that makes more sense. I was a little confused when you said stuff about filler because I knew you knew about zero. Guess it was a classic case of talking about different things. You're right, dolphin episode was filler.

Edited by kessie, 31 January 2016 - 03:35 PM.

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#30 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:10 PM

Okay this was a tale of two episodes, one filler and one plot related.

We go on a camping trip, and I have a feeling Zera is not going to catch any fish, Yuri and Warrod have a fight. We get a flashback within a flashback, you don't see that everyday.

It was a fun filler, no harm done.

And we have the infamous bathing scene, and it was censored  they weren't naked like in the manga, even though the opening shows up uncensored, go figure, this was the scene that made me think perhaps there was a connection between Zera and Cana, they are both perverts, ha ha.

We arrive Magnolia, and oh no it is being destroyed, I guess things never change.

Next episode, epic battle and set ups towards something very big.

#31 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:16 PM

Well that was  a fine episode. We do have some filler with them helping this family. That was okay.

The main part of the episode is fighting Blue Skill, and Mavis illusion magic, it is a great trick, but you over use it, it might not work too much.

Still it was dumb to think they could fight a whole army, shouldn't have gotten away when they had a chance, giving what happens in the current arc, Mavis hasn't changed much at all.

The Blue Skull master doesn't fall of Mavis illusion, I tell you if he was in the old Jem and the Holograms cartoon, that would change the whole show, he ain't going to fall for those tricks.

Our heroes suffer a big defeat, and they a lucky to get away. But this sets up the next episode when something happens that will change Mavis life forever and effects the main series forever as well. Can't wait, even if you don't care much for Zero, you have to watch the next episode.

#32 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

So this is the episode that has the moment that changes Mavis life forever. We meet the Black Wizard Zeref, and he is naked.

Anyway Mavis does something nice for him and uses her illusion magic so he can be around animals and not kill them, what a nice thing to do, and all Zeref will do is pay her back in scorn.

So everyone is desperate, than they learn from Zeref, I have to admit the classroom scenes were hilarious, and I think they had a little filler plot with Warrod's self confidence.

In the end, they all learn magic and Mavis has a new outfit. So the first wizards of Fairy Tail learned magic from Zeref, so in a way Zeref is responsible for Fairy Tail.

Anyway onto Blue Skill and some pay back. Great episode, this episode is really important to the series, more so than anything else in Zero.

#33 Vasgoko

Vasgoko

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:06 PM

The opening for FTZ arc is pretty good I guess. I like the ending a lot though.

I actually found it quite cool to see the events leading up to Fairy Tail's creation. Zeref's and Mavis' attitudes in these episodes are nowhere near as annoying as they are in the current manga's chapters.

But I gotta admit, it was badass to see a young Precht and a young Warrod fight alongside as comrades. Yuriy is good too, but I think it is a shame that Precht and Warrod haven't fought together in the same team since Fairy Tail was first created.

I'm pretty sure that the events wouldn't have been the same on the Eastern Front (current manga chapter) if Precht had been there with Warrod.

Unfortunately, Precht and Warrod ended up to be total polar opposites.

Either way, I'll be looking forward to the new episodes over the next few weeks, but I can't wait until Avatar Arc begins

Edited by Vasgoko, 25 February 2016 - 11:08 PM.

Mira_leaning_in_to_french_kiss_Gray_in_t

---"As the previous generation had been Silver x Mika, the present should be Gray x Mira."---

#34 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

Well that was a great episode, we are back to adapting 2 chapters, chapter 8 and 9, I have to admit great plan, Mavis redeemed herself as the great strategy maker. They used the old divide and conquer.

If that woman didn't have a daughter, I would think that could Yuri's future wife, I would love for her to make a cameo in this series.

They defeat Blue Skull, but the Tenrou Jade turned Yuri into this monster, dam it Yuri, can you just trust Mavis, just because you lost that game don't be a sore loser and do something stupid.

We are getting closer to the end, and maybe we will find out more info on Zera weather she is really alive or not.

#35 alekos23

alekos23

No Sardine

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:55 AM

OVA dates announced for the Punishment game omake.It comes out on May. And we'll get an OVA about the Christmas chap on November.One of them will also include the Mavis vs Natsu mini chap.

#36 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:18 PM

So Mavis uses Law, which later would become Fairy Law and be a may stay of the Dryer family. But because she didn't mater yet, she can never age. Wendy you better be careful, I guess Makarov mastered it. All kidding aside, that was a sad thing to see, Mavis is going to live the rest of her life in the body of a little girl, how sad. It is the opposite of Ultear situation, but it is just as tragic.

Anyway clever way to get Yuri back to his senses using take treasures, and Yuri has to live with what Mavis sacrificed to save him for the rest of his life. Talk about guild written.

And that is not all, the truth about Zera is finally revealed, she was an illusion all along, who didn't see that coming, but what is she, well we will find out in the next episode.

Next week, looks like this is the finale episode of Zero, so what will they do for the rest of cont., maybe some filler with the founders, maybe chapter 417 will be adapted. Or one shot fillers featuring the minor Fairy Tail characters. We will see.

#37 Vasgoko

Vasgoko

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

I really liked the recent episode. Law was cool to see. As usual, 10/10, can't wait to see Avatar Arc in animation though.

---"As the previous generation had been Silver x Mika, the present should be Gray x Mira."---

#38 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:10 PM

Oh man the feels the feels. Mavis had to say good bye to Zera again, first when she died for real and now this. Zera tells Mavis, she has real friends now, it is time for her to go, this is Cat Shelter all over again, though I have more emotional attachment to Zera and her relationship with Mavis than anything to do with Cat Shelter, we never got to know those guys.

A nice little moment when Yuri sees Zera for a moment and the others get to hear her voice. I am still confused, did Zera know she was an illusion, all though this series she has acted like she thought she was real.

Anyway Mavis inspired to start a wizard guild, one that won't destroy buildings, how adorable she thinks that is going to happen, not with Natsu in the guild.

And the others try to cheer Mavis up, Yuri acted like he was someone in Ouran High School Host Club, and Precht acted like someone that is destined to become evil. I love how they mention Sylph  Labyrinth and we saw the ancestor of those Sylph Labyrinth guys.

The guild is formed with just 4th members, I wonder who was the 5th member. of Fairy Tail. Anyway nearby Zera offers them luck. I wonder if Zera will ever be mentioned or brought up again.

We see a quick little recap for Fairy Tail's history.

Anyway we are back to the present, one year later form where we left off and the Grand Magic Games are back. Next week are back to the main story, I wonder next week will have a new OP and ED, or will have to wait till April?

Anyway great episode and I have to put down the tissue from the feels.

#39 Vasgoko

Vasgoko

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:54 AM

This episode was ok. It's more for the emotional type than for me. I prefer foreshadowing and suspense, but I do have to admit, the part with Yuriy, Warrod, and Precht preparing their "smiles" for Mavis was hilarious.

Ahaha, Precht, I can totally relate to him cuz that's me my whole life (no my life isn't that long).

I also thought the ending this time was cool. It kinda explained the timeline and what happened after FTZ. I already knew it from the manga, but it a was cool to see it semi-animated.

I didn't like the part where they called Mavis a "tactician" because at this point in the series, I see her more as a "morality boosting figure" than an actual tactician.

Otherwise, the preview into next episode looks badass and I can't wait for Avatar Arc

#40 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:45 PM

Great episode we are back to present day, is just me or did Lucy's boobs get bigger. Anyway Lucy has a new place and new job as a reporter for the Weekly Sorcerer, she tries her famine charms on those guards and didn't work, something tells me if that was Gray it would have worked.

Anyway Lucy at first was a pinup motel for the WS, but was able to get promoted to reporter, and we see some extras scene of Lucy on the job, which is awesome.

Lucy is also still keeping tabs on her former guild mates, it is kind of sad, dam you Makarov.  Lucy has gotten smart, she knew that guild was holding back and doing some illegal gamble type activity as one year later the Grand Magic Games only without any of the major guilds and Quarto Cerbes. A guild that only cares for money is the number 1 guild in Fliore, how sad.

But luckily a mysterious challenger appears, and it is non other than Natsu, who not only defeats the new number 1 guild in Fliore, but every guild in the Grand Magic Games, dam Natsu has gotten stronger, and as he rips everyone clothes off.

Lucy is reunited with Natsu and Happy, the original Team Natsu as reunited.

No new OP and ED songs, but we get new animation, and all highlights form the second series, which makes me think perhaps the rumors next week is the last episode of second Fairy Tail anime, we are going on another hiatus? Well we will see, I haven't heard anything official. But if so, we have a movie and a bunch of OVAs coming up, perhaps it is time to take a break. I wouldn't mind if it meant less filler and well paced adaption.

Next week, Natsu has a message to all of Fliore that Fairy Tail is back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users