Photo

Screw Attack - One Minute Melee & DEATH BATTLE!!!

• Please log in to reply
560 replies to this topic

#21 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:34 PM

Except 'Hyrule Warriors' is non-canon.

And you think the Mario soccer game was part of the canon story.
Death battle has taken plenty of feats from side games for characters. Mario party has been even used as a reference along with super Smash Bros. So I am not sure the point being made with this statement.

That's part of what gets me. Yang couldn't lay a hand on Neo, yet Neo wasn't moving nearly as fast as Tifa when she fought Loz. Then there's the fact that Neo knocked her out just by tossing her into the ceiling (not even hard enough to dent it). Whereas ScrewAttack allowed her to tank the force of Final Heaven.

So according to their logic, lightly smacking the ceiling >>>> a compact nuke?

Looked more like neo exhausted yang out by making her waste energy. Then there is the fact that not long before then she had spent a good amount of time fighting creatures of grim expending energy. Also That was more countering if memory serves then dodging.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#22 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:36 PM

Death battle has taken plenty of feats from side games for characters. Mario party has been even used as a reference along with super Smash Bros. So I am not sure the point being made with this statement.

They did? :huh:

I'm aware that ScrewAttack takes bits and pieces from spin-offs and what not. But what match did they use feats from 'Mario Strikers'? Mario's feats from the core platform series should've been enough. Unless it was vs. Sonic, 'cuz that one should've ended in seconds.

#23 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:54 PM

It should have been Yang vs sakura from naruto. Tifa was way should have destroyed yang.

Nah. That'd be one sided as hell. Sakura got really OP toward the end of the series. It should have been Yang VS Leone from Akame Ga Kill.

Edited by Blue22, 01 November 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#24 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

They did? :huh:I'm aware that ScrewAttack takes bits and pieces from spin-offs and what not. But what match did they use feats from 'Mario Strikers'? Mario's feats from the core platform series should've been enough. Unless it was vs. Sonic, 'cuz that one should've ended in seconds.

Peach vs Zelda - peach's kill move is from the soccer game aka Empress Peach. she definitely has no other skill capable of kicking a person's head off.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#25 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10610 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:09 AM

Looked more like neo exhausted yang out by making her waste energy. Then there is the fact that not long before then she had spent a good amount of time fighting creatures of grim expending energy. Also That was more countering if memory serves then dodging.

@FongShwei69,

Pretty much this.....They even mentioned this in the video
  • Darthwin likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#26 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2790 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:18 AM

@FongShwei69,

Pretty much this.....They even mentioned this in the video

No, she didn't. See for yourselves:

Spoiler

• Blue22 likes this

#27 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6264 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:28 AM

Nah. That'd be one sided as hell. Sakura got really OP toward the end of the series. It should have been Yang VS Leone from Akame Ga Kill.

Sakura wasn't that OP. She still could fight in a one on one situation.

It would have been more about who can last longer. Sakura and the diamond on her forehead or can sakura get a lucky punch and kill yang. 

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#28 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:04 AM

No, she didn't. See for yourselves:

Spoiler

1-2 hours is no where near enough time needed for anyone yet alone a teenager to considerably "rest up", especially for a full on brawl 

Also, like Darthwin said as well as what was clearly shown in your video, Neo simply countered everything that she threw at her which is something that isn't exactly a testament to speed but rather skill and Tifa isn't THAT great of fighter anyway

Edited by Tokoya, 02 November 2015 - 01:05 AM.

• Darthwin likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#29 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2790 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:45 AM

1-2 hours is no where near enough time needed for anyone yet alone a teenager to considerably "rest up", especially for a full on brawl

That was in addition to the time they spent lounging around camp before turning in. So she had more than just two hours.

Also, like Darthwin said as well as what was clearly shown in your video, Neo simply countered everything that she threw at her which is something that isn't exactly a testament to speed but rather skill and Tifa isn't THAT great of fighter anyway

FF VII canon disagrees. Tifa is said to be a master of Zangenryuu style karate. If you're judging her by her performance against Loz, she said she was two years out of practice (confirmed in the novellas). Even so, it still took more to knock her out than Yang. Again, you can see the difference for yourself:

Spoiler

Edited by FongShwei69, 02 November 2015 - 02:16 AM.

#30 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5124 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:49 AM

Pretty sure the best battle was Hercule Satan vs Dan Hibiki. Shit went down in that fight! xD

The upcoming Mega Man vs Astro Boy should be interesting. Should kinda be like the Link vs Cloud battle were with the whole versatility meets power.

Though seriously, the best example where they kinda shit on one side may be the Gaara vs Toph. NOT because Gaara lost because I can buy that given Toph's mastery of Earthbending but they kinda shitted on his character by calling him emo kid and had him say these dumb lines. Not that the series didn't have him do that a lot as well but it was pretty insufferable xD

But sometimes they tend to choose fighters to battle that are just retarded to work with. Dr Doom has always been ridiculous. Batman is disgustingly OP when pitted against another human with no superpowers when he has impossible high IQ and mastery of every martial arts on the planet and Superman just defies any kind of logic (though the last one may have been used to show how OP he really is). Which is probably why they should stay away from most mainstream anime characters as well because so many of them become so ridiculously powerful it just becomes near impossible to measure properly (looking at Naruto and Bleach characters).

Edited by DrugzRule, 02 November 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#31 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

But sometimes they tend to choose fighters to battle that are just retarded to work with. Dr Doom has always been ridiculous. Batman is disgustingly OP when pitted against another human with no superpowers when he has impossible high IQ and mastery of every martial arts on the planet and Superman just defies any kind of logic (though the last one may have been used to show how OP he really is). Which is probably why they should stay away from most mainstream anime characters as well because so many of them become so ridiculously powerful it just becomes near impossible to measure properly (looking at Naruto and Bleach characters).

There's going to be a Naruto vs Luffy.....Just let that sink in for a sec lol

That was in addition to the time they spent lounging around camp before turning in. So she had more than just two hours.

Sitting around a fire while awake all night is not "resting" either.........Your body needs sleep in order to recover and like I said before 1-2 is no where near enough

FF VII canon disagrees. Tifa is said to be a master of Zangenryuu style karate. If you're judging her by her performance against Loz, she said she was two years out of practice (confirmed in the novellas). Even so, it still took more to knock her out than Yang. Again, you can see the difference for yourself:

Spoiler

That's nothing to these type of characters lol....Yang took a series of combos throughout that entire fight with Neo (You should know better than to think that anyone in RWBY yet alone the evil girls aren't seriously that strong) and was also thrown around a room whilst never once being able to land a hit unlike Tifa who literally just got slammed into a pew twice which isn't that big of a deal when compared to being slammed through a pile of concrete and a lot more that Yang has been through....Loz barely even tried too xD 

Heck, this fight is kind of like her match against Yang even lol....Loz tanked everything she through at him and would have surely kicked her ass if he didn't get called away by Kadaj....For someone to completely run through a pure pshycial beast like Yang with relative ease is a feat that can not only be attributed to the skill of the opponent, but due to extreme fatigue as well....(This is kind of like Zuko vs Azula at the end of ATLA.....There's no way in hell that Zuko could have beaten Azula 1 v 1 in equal footing and he himself said so even hence why he chose to fight her when she was slipping just like Yang was with Neo) She wasn't even moving much either (Although I guess you can argue that they were in an condensed space where freedom of movement isn't that available) 

On a side note @Narubi, how about we also make this a joint thread with their One Minute Melee series (They had a lot of good matches too....Heck sometimes I liked these more than the death battles even though there's no research used xD)

New one just got released

This was pretty cool I must admit

Edited by Tokoya, 02 November 2015 - 09:19 AM.

• retroluffy13 and Darthwin like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#32 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2790 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:59 AM

Sitting around a fire while awake all night is not "resting" either.........Your body needs sleep in order to recover and like I said before 1-2 is no where near enough.

Sleeping is not the only way the body rests (not sure where you got that from).

Spoiler

That's nothing to these type of characters lol....Yang took a series of combos throughout that entire fight with Neo (You should know better than to think that anyone in RWBY yet alone the evil girls aren't seriously that strong) and was also thrown around a room whilst never once being able to land a hit unlike Tifa who literally just got slammed into a pew twice which isn't that big of a deal when compared to being slammed through a pile of concrete and a lot more that Yang has been through....Loz barely even tried too

Neo wasn't even hitting Yang hard, especially compared to the amount of power Tifa usually attacks with. Yet tossing Yang into the ceiling was still enough to knock her unconscious. Explain that. Even if Supes were tired, bullets wouldn't suddenly become effective against him. They'd still bounce off.

And 'Advent Children' is far from the sum total of Tifa's fighting experience, given there's an entire game set two years prior to the movie. Plus, a sequel set a year afterward. I can safely say Tifa's overall experience outstrips Yang's by a comfortable margin, considering the type of opposition she and the rest of AVALANCHE have delt with (i.e. Shinra Corp., Sephiroth, the Remnants, Deepground etc.)

In the movie, she was two years out of shape because they hadn't had a reason to fight during that time. But in the games themselves, she's in prime condition.

This is kind of like Zuko vs Azula at the end of ATLA.....There's no way in hell that Zuko could have beaten Azula 1 v 1 in equal footing and he himself said so even hence why he chose to fight her when she was slipping just like Yang was with Neo.

Yang wasn't slipping, she got shown up. Plain 'n simple.

And Zuko matched Azula three times: 1.) at the Boiling Rock 2.) stalemated with her at the Western Air Temple 3.) and during their Agni Kai (Sozin's Comet). Zuko had not only received Sun Warrior training by then, he had learned how to redirect lightning from Iroh and he had found a new means to channel his firebending (it'd prevously been fueled by rage).

By the end of the series, he and Azula were on even footing. Her sanity slippage made things easier, but Zuko had already shown he could match her regardless, by then.

Edited by FongShwei69, 02 November 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#33 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure why he didn't think he could take Azula. They've fought (to my recollection) four times, and only one of those was a clear win/loss.

New one just got released

This was pretty cool I must admit

That....was awesome! Stuff like that really makes me wanna get back into making sprite animations. But every time I try, school/work end up taking away all my time DX

• FongShwei69 and Darthwin like this

#34 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5003 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

On a side note @Narubi, how about we also make this a joint thread with their One Minute Melee series

Yeah sure I guess.

An done ;)

• Tokoya likes this

#35 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5124 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

There's going to be a Naruto vs Luffy.....Just let that sink in for a sec lol

I know there was a one minute melee but pitting Naruto in his prime against Luffy is just a one way street. Naruto was one of the characters I was specifically thinking about I didn't want to see in Death Battle xD

Edited by DrugzRule, 02 November 2015 - 11:07 PM.

• Blue22 likes this

#36 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

Naruto doesn't belong in Death Battle unless it's against someone equally OP. Naruto, Luffy, Goku, Superman, and Sephiroth are all bad ideas whose results could break the internet XD

Edited by Blue22, 02 November 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#37 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6264 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:45 PM

No comic characters should have a fight because they all are OP. You can do anime characters until they go Dragon ball Z on you.

I really do not see the problem with naruto. If we talk about the manga only he is very easy to beat, the person i wouldn't want to be in a death battle would be itachi broken ass, pain, or madra.

Edited by waleuska, 02 November 2015 - 01:46 PM.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#38 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2790 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

Luffy, Goku, Superman, and Sephiroth are all bad ideas whose results could break the internet XD

I agree on Supes and Goku, but Sephiroth has been defeated twice in single combat, by someone weaker than himself. I'd say Aizen is worse. That motherf-- either KS bs's his way to victory, or casually sh!tstomps anything that gets thrown at him.

The ones I'd restrict would be characters like:
- Superman
- Wonder Woman (basically female Supes without any weaknesses)
- cosmics (i.e. Galactus, The Phoenix, etc.)
- Charles Xavier
- DBZ characters, in general (especially Goku)
- Aizen
- Love Espada (from 'Maken-Ki!')

#39 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:58 PM

I know there was a one minute melee but pitting Naruto in his prime against Luffy is just a one sided street. Naruto was one of the characters I was specifically thinking about I didn't want to see in Death Battle xD

They did a poll last month asking people which of the three choices they wanted to be in a future death battle match....The choices were

1. Ichigo vs Naruto

2. Luffy vs Ichigo

3. Naruto vs Luffy

And pretty much Naruto v Luffy won......A lot of people were salty when they had Luffy beating Naruto in the one hit melee version so this was expected lol

Edited by Tokoya, 02 November 2015 - 03:58 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#40 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6141 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:59 PM

There are tons of people stronger and more Hax than the people that are being listed.

• waleuska likes this

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users