Photo

Screw Attack - One Minute Melee & DEATH BATTLE!!!

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#41 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3650 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

I agree on Supes and Goku, but Sephiroth has been defeated twice in single combat, by someone weaker than himself. I'd say Aizen is worse. That motherf-- either KS bs's his way to victory, or casually sh!tstomps anything that gets thrown at him.

Funny you should mention Aizen. I was just thinking not too long ago that a Death battle between Sephiroth and either Aizen or Madara would be awesome.

#42 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2794 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

Funny you should mention Aizen. I was just thinking not too long ago that a Death battle between Sephiroth and either Aizen or Madara would be awesome.

I wouldn't put it past ScrewAttack to pull a Kubo, by having Aizen use KS to effectively render Sepiroth's abilities useless. It'd simply be a matter of how long ScrewAttack dragged it out before having Aizen put Sepiroth out of his misery.

#43 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6291 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:19 PM

I wouldn't put it past ScrewAttack to pull a Kubo, by having Aizen use KS to effectively render Sepiroth's abilities useless. It'd simply be a matter of how long ScrewAttack dragged it out before having Aizen put Sepiroth out of his misery.

No, it should be azien vs madara and them keep saying Just as planned. after they pull a one up on the other one.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#44 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10679 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

Sleeping is not the only way the body rests (not sure where you got that from).

If you want to recover from a long/huge ass battle against a bunch of monsters then yes you absolutely need sleep in order to recover and once again, staying up all night is not resting...In fact it's the opposite 

Neo wasn't even hitting Yang hard, especially compared to the amount of power Tifa usually attacks with. Yet tossing Yang into the ceiling was still enough to knock her unconscious. Explain that. Even if Supes were tired, bullets wouldn't suddenly become effective against him. They'd still bounce off.

And 'Advent Children' is far from the sum total of Tifa's fighting experience, given there's an entire game set two years prior to the movie. Plus, a sequel set a year afterward. I can safely say Tifa's overall experience outstrips Yang's by a comfortable margin, considering the type of opposition she and the rest of AVALANCHE have delt with (i.e. Shinra Corp., Sephiroth, the Remnants, Deepground etc.)

In the movie, she was two years out of shape because they hadn't had a reason to fight during that time. But in the games themselves, she's in prime condition.

1. Bad analogy because Yang is a human whereas Superman is not only an alien but the most broken thing ever in all of fiction and barely anything can hurt him because he's virtually invincible and Yang isn't

2. If Yang was actually recovered, we would have seen her semblence come into affect which it didn't (When she's actually using it seriously IIRC her hair catches on fire and her eyes glows.....Also she's known to be quite agile (I shouldn't have to provide examples for you) and like I said earlier she barely even moved much in that fight.....It doesn't take that much energy to throw a punch either which is something that she specializes in and even then her fighting was sub-par at best which isn't like her at all considering that she's  the strongest physical fighter of the group (And maybe even arguably the series) (The fact that she's tanked missiles, bullets, barrages of physical hits and survived being thrown through concrete only for her to be easily taken down by Neo via less damage as stated just now is more than evident that this chick wasn't anywhere near her best yet alone battle ready 

3.  Tifa is not on the same level as someone who's SOLDIER level yet alone the level of someone like Loz just stop that overestimation right there.....She would have gotten DESTROYED if he didn't leave, her attacks barely even phased the guy and even if she was at full power I highly doubt that it would make any difference at all

You can say that she's gone toe to toe with all of those guys but we all know what she looks like when she's using her semblance (and we do know that she can use it at will too - Heck they all call)

Spoiler

And this is without the hair 

ang wasn't slipping, she got shown up. Plain 'n simple.

And Zuko matched Azula three times: 1.) at the Boiling Rock 2.) stalemated with her at the Western Air Temple 3.) and during their Agni Kai (Sozin's Comet). Zuko had not only received Sun Warrior training by then, he had learned how to redirect lightning from Iroh and he had found a new means to channel his firebending (it'd prevously been fueled by rage).

By the end of the series, he and Azula were on even footing. Her sanity slippage made things easier, but Zuko had already shown he could match her regardless, by then.

Already proved numerous times that she was~

Zuko can't beat Azula 1 v 1 in a full power match but I'm not gonna get into that because this is the wrong thread for it........But just to make a small note.....Your mentality adds a lot to a battle and for someone as tactical, intelligent and level headed as Azula that is DEADLY hence why she was so threatening to Team Avatar

Edited by Tokoya, 02 November 2015 - 04:28 PM.

• Darthwin likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#45 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5515 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:45 PM

To be honest, I'm not sure how popular they've become

Popular enough to have Funimation hyping some of their videos, granted it was those Goku Vs superman ones.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#46 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2794 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

If you want to recover from a long/huge ass battle against a bunch of monsters then yes you absolutely need sleep in order to recover and once again, staying up all night is not resting...In fact it's the opposite

Except Yang wasn't up all night, 'cuz she and the others were sleeping when Zwei alerted them to the fact that Ruby was missing. And she had had close to half a day to rest up.

If Yang was actually recovered, we would have seen her semblence come into affect which it didn't (When she's actually using it seriously IIRC her hair catches on fire and her eyes glows.

She didn't use it when she and the rest of Team RWBY fought the Nevermore in season 1 either. But you're gonna argue she was tired then too, are you?

Also she's known to be quite agile (I shouldn't have to provide examples for you) and like I said earlier she barely even moved much in that fight.....It doesn't take that much energy to throw a punch either which is something that she specializes in and even then her fighting was sub-par at best which isn't like her at all considering that she's  the strongest physical fighter of the group (And maybe even arguably the series)

Strength doesn't matter if you can't hit the target and every one of Yang's attacks missed. Neo was able to dodge and parry everything Yang threw at her.

(The fact that she's tanked missiles, bullets, barrages of physical hits and survived being thrown through concrete only for her to be easily taken down by Neo via less damage as stated just now is more than evident that this chick wasn't anywhere near her best yet alone battle ready

When has Yang been hit by missiles and bullets, let alone tanked them? I've seen her dodge shots, but never take them head on.

Tifa is not on the same level as someone who's SOLDIER level yet alone the level of someone like Loz just stop that overestimation right there.....She would have gotten DESTROYED if he didn't leave, her attacks barely even phased the guy and even if she was at full power I highly doubt that it would make any difference at all

I never said she was SOLDIER level (assuming you mean 1st Class level), or even implied it. I simply pointed out she wasn't in peak condition when she fought Loz. And unlike with Yang, we have confirmation thanks to Tifa's own admission and the official novellas.

Tifa at her best is far stronger and a much better fighter than what we were allowed to see in AC/ACC.

Zuko can't beat Azula 1 v 1 in a full power match but I'm not gonna get into that because this is the wrong thread for it.

Two of their fights were 1-on-1: the fight at the Western Air Temple (which ended in a draw) and their Agni Kai, which Zuko was winning until Azula went after Katara.

If that's still not enough to convince you, Katara had her beat to ("The Crossroads of Destiny") up until the moment Zuko interfered and freed Azula from Katara's water whips.

Edited by FongShwei69, 02 November 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#47 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

Wonder Woman (basically female Supes without any weaknesses)

Not true.

In the early days of her existence, she was weak to being bound by men.

Cause whenever a "man" binds her, she loses her powers. 

Other than that some feminine stuff, that'd seem way silly and sexist. 

Later on her weakness became "God" anything. Not like it made her incapable of fighting or anything.

Just that Gods or God make object and beings, were capable of hurting her.

Currently for her Post-Flashpoint self. I have no clue. Don't read it nor have yet to.

Oh yeah!!! There's that one other weakness that applies to her and most other females.

The weakness of infatuation with and too attractive asshole guys. lol

Edited by Narubi, 02 November 2015 - 06:52 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

#48 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

@Narubi

If memory serves the justice league cartoon when hawkgirls species invaded referenced the bound weakness by her simply tied up with rope when she and the other members were imprisoned.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#49 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4660 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

I need to see Megaman X vs. Samus. Didn't she beat Master Chief, or Boba Fett?

I've always wanted to see Yusuke vs. Inuyasha or Ichigo.

#50 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6291 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

I need to see Megaman X vs. Samus. Didn't she beat Master Chief, or Boba Fett?

boba fett.

• Chillman likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#51 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:30 PM

@Narubi

If memory serves the justice league cartoon when hawkgirls species invaded referenced the bound weakness by her simply tied up with rope when she and the other members were imprisoned.

???

Can you rephrase that please?

#52 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2794 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:53 PM

Not true.

In the early days of her existence, she was weak to being bound by men.
Cause whenever a "man" binds her, she loses her powers. 

Other than that some feminine stuff, that'd seem way silly and sexist. 

Later on her weakness became "God" anything. Not like it made her incapable of fighting or anything.
Just that Gods or God make object and beings, were capable of hurting her.

Currently for her Post-Flashpoint self. I have no clue. Don't read it nor have yet to.

Oh yeah!!! There's that one other weakness that applies to her and most other females.
The weakness of infatuation with and too attractive asshole guys. lol

Okay, fair enough. But does any of that happen often enough for it to really be an issue for her?

It'd be like saying my one weakness is some ultra rare, super secret substance that only a handful of people know about and might have access to. If it's that hard to come by, can you really consider it a factor? :shrug:

I don't read 'Bleach' anymore, but I wouldn't mind seeing Soi Fon in a Death Battle. Except she's a difficult character to find a decent match for, 'cuz (depending on the opponent), either she blitzes and insta-kills them, or they render her shikai and other techniques useless and curbstomp her.

#53 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

Okay, fair enough. But does any of that happen often enough for it to really be an issue for her?

Well considering how most of her main enemies (Cheetah, for example) are Gods and God Made.

Then I'd say yes. Though that's mostly in her title series.

Should also mention that she can be hurt by powerful forces or individuals (Superman).

Course those don't bypass her durability like Gods and God Made. But it does stand as a factor.

It'd be like saying my one weakness is some ultra rare, super secret substance that only a handful of people know about and might have access to. If it's that hard to come by, can you really consider it a factor?

Are you referring to something specific? 

I'd say Kryptonite. But then you say super secret and only a handful know of.

Yet I believe just about everyone knows about Kyrptonite, and how it affects Super-Poop.

So ....  :unsure:

• waleuska likes this

#54 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2794 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:38 PM

Are you referring to something specific? 

I'd say Kryptonite. But then you say super secret and only a handful know of.
Yet I believe just about everyone knows about Kyrptonite, and how it affects Super-Poop.

I wasn't referring to anything in particular. I just meant that if her weakness was something she rarely had to concern herself about, that it wouldn't really be an issue.

As for Kryptonite: to say is supposed to be "rare", criminals in Metropolis get their hands on it so often, they may as well sell it in convenience stores.

#55 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

As for Kryptonite: to say is supposed to be "rare", criminals in Metropolis get their hands on it so often, they may as well sell it in convenience stores.

They probably do. An without a doubt, it's Lex raking in the profits. lol

• FongShwei69 likes this

#56 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5515 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:05 PM

they may as well sell it in convenience stores.

Superheroes causing problems for you? Shop Smart. Shop Lexsmart.

Edited by Vl731, 02 November 2015 - 09:06 PM.

• waleuska, Narubi and FongShwei69 like this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#57 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:08 PM

???

Can you rephrase that please?

what are you confused about?

the old weakness was referenced in justice league. 

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#58 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

what are you confused about?

the old weakness was referenced in justice league. 

Not exactly.

Spoiler

As you can see, it wasn't just some simple rope or chain. It was her lasso.

Which mostly everybody in the DC Universe can't break out of.

#59 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10679 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:17 PM

Except Yang wasn't up all night, 'cuz she and the others were sleeping when Zwei alerted them to the fact that Ruby was missing. And she had had close to half a day to rest up.

They only got roughly 2 hours of sleep and when they woke up (in the middle of the night) they spent the rest of their time looking for Ruby) - Too further add to this, when they made camp, they weren't resting at all and they only all lay down when Ruby and Zwei came back.....It only takes the sun about 

She didn't use it when she and the rest of Team RWBY fought the Nevermore in season 1 either. But you're gonna argue she was tired then too, are you?

That was a collective effort AKA a Team Fight plus the addition of Team JNPR......Completely different circumstances here when compared to her fighting on her own...Nice try though

However it's good that you brought up this fight because she did semi-use it considering that she shrugged off attacks from the Nevermore with ease 

Strength doesn't matter if you can't hit the target and every one of Yang's attacks missed. Neo was able to dodge and parry everything Yang threw at her.

Which is exactly my point.....Yang has been shown on multiple occasions to be way more agile than that and as much as you refuse to admit that she was fatigued, the evidence is there to prove so otherwise and the rest I already explained

When has Yang been hit by missiles and bullets, let alone tanked them? I've seen her dodge shots, but never take them head on.

Her trailer which I'm pretty sure is canon (Primarily thanks to Episode 6 of Volume 2)

never said she was SOLDIER level (assuming you mean 1st Class level), or even implied it. I simply pointed out she wasn't in peak condition when she fought Loz. And unlike with Yang, we have confirmation thanks to Tifa's own admission and the official novellas.

Tifa at her best is far stronger and a much better fighter than what we were allowed to see in AC/ACC.

Oh I agree that she's a great fighter, I just don't agree with how you're using fights against powerhouses as a testament to her strength when in actuality she wouldn't hold a candle to them 1 v 1

Two of their fights were 1-on-1: the fight at the Western Air Temple (which ended in a draw) and their Agni Kai, which Zuko was winning until Azula went after Katara.

If that's still not enough to convince you, Katara had her beat to ("The Crossroads of Destiny") up until the moment Zuko interfered and freed Azula from Katara's water whips.

Stalemate only because they bot got sent flying off of the air balloon which she then causally and effortlessly saved herself from unlike Zuko who was saved by other....Second time is only because she was mentality gone/psycho

Edited by Tokoya, 02 November 2015 - 10:22 PM.

• Darthwin likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#60 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2794 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:34 AM

They only got roughly 2 hours of sleep and when they woke up (in the middle of the night) they spent the rest of their time looking for Ruby) - Too further add to this, when they made camp, they weren't resting at all and they only all lay down when Ruby and Zwei came back.....It only takes the sun about

The thumbnail and the episode itself begs to differ:

Spoiler

That was a collective effort AKA a Team Fight plus the addition of Team JNPR......Completely different circumstances here when compared to her fighting on her own...Nice try though

What difference does that make? According to you, Yang normally uses her semblance. Yet, she didn't when she fought the Nevermore. Just as she didn't when she fought the twins, or Neo. She only used it against Junior, 'cuz he messed up her hair.

However it's good that you brought up this fight because she did semi-use it considering that she shrugged off attacks from the Nevermore with ease

Yang spent her time dodging the Nevermore, not tanking its attacks.

Which is exactly my point.....Yang has been shown on multiple occasions to be way more agile than that and as much as you refuse to admit that she was fatigued, the evidence is there to prove so otherwise and the rest I already explained.

Because it relies on interpretation and assumption which isn't supported by the evidence.

Team RWBY wasn't even fighting half the day, if you count the time they spent talking with JNPR and Sun as they were preparing to leave the Beacon. They made camp only a few hours after arriving in the abandoned sector and had sufficient downtime, hours before Yang's fight with Neo.

It'd be different had Yang shown up half asleep with bags under her eyes, or had she complained about not feeling her best. But she gave no such indication and was confident that she could handle Neo on her own. Which is why she sent Weiss and Blake ahead.

Her trailer which I'm pretty sure is canon (Primarily thanks to Episode 6 of Volume 2)

In that case, Yang dodged all of Junior's fire. The only time he actually hit her, was when he clubbed her and ripped out some of her hair by mistake.

Oh I agree that she's a great fighter, I just don't agree with how you're using fights against powerhouses as a testament to her strength when in actuality she wouldn't hold a candle to them 1 v 1.

I wasn't naming individuals she'd foght alone. I mentioned organizations she had helped fight against.

For example, she helped Cloud and Barret escape the Shinra Building, when they were being held prisoner - which entailed fighting their way through armed Shinra troops and mechanized soldiers (not to be confused with SOLDIER). She's fought Loz and protected Denzel from a froup of Shadow Creepers in AC, and took part in the "Assualt on Midgar" in 'Dirge of Cerberus'.

My point being, Tifa has years of combat experience individually, in group battles, and in full-scale engagements.

Stalemate only because they bot got sent flying off of the air balloon which she then causally and effortlessly saved herself from unlike Zuko who was saved by other....Second time is only because she was mentality gone/psycho

They stalemated because Zuko had improved considerably by then thanks to his new bending form (i.e. 'Dancing Dragon') and his Sun Warrior training. That's why Azula was surprised before they sent each other flying off the war blimp.

She was used to being better than him, but at that point, she was beginning to see he had closed the gap between them. Which contributed to her sanity slippage along with Mai and Ty Lee's betrayal.

Edited by FongShwei69, 03 November 2015 - 01:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users