• Please log in to reply
1523 replies to this topic

#961 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5003 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

The original already allowed you to do that, 'cuz I mained as Yuffie. The moment she became available, I kicked Cloud to the curb and used her instead. So I might main Yuffie again in the remake.

???

Last I recall you couldn't remove Cloud from the party roster unless he was absent, or you for some reason separated into two groups. An you mostly always had to play as Clouds avatar outside of battle.

So what do you mean you "main'd" as Yuffie, and "kicked Cloud to the curb"?

Unless your saying that your primarily had Yuffie in the party and gave her all the good stuff. 

An sure enough you got to control their actions in battle. Cloud was still the dominant character. 

But either way you pretty much answered regardless. You'd make Yuffie the dominant character as much as possible when playing the game, by either roaming the world, side questing, etc.

But if Tifa's more like her ACC incarnation, I'll probably use her instead. In fact, I'm hoping their AC outfits will be unlockable, because I definitely prefer Cloud's AC/ACC SOLDIER uniform over his FF VII one. Ditto that for Tifa.

What's this ACC stuff, and how does it differentiate from just plain old AC?

Just because a character is minor doesn't mean they can't leave a lasting impression. Though admittedly, I've always had a soft spot for childhood friend types, especially in gaming and moreso in anime.

Not saying they couldn't make something decent. But still that whole thing was just a piece of the cake. An to me the cake wasn't all good, despite there being some good parts about it. If it's overall bad, it's bad regardless of any parts that may be good. 

#962 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

???

Last I recall you couldn't remove Cloud from the party roster unless he was absent, or you for some reason separated into two groups. An you mostly always had to play as Clouds avatar outside of battle.

So what do you mean you "main'd" as Yuffie, and "kicked Cloud to the curb"?

There's a hidden item (I forget what it's called) that allows you to swap out who play as. Once you have it, you can freely play as any character by placing the one you want to use at the top of the roster.

It's hidden aboard the submarine near the area that Emerald Weapon hangs out. So there's risk involved in going for it. As soon as I got it, Cloud got the boot and I swtiched to Yuffie. You'll also see her (instead of Cloud) while roaming the world map.

An sure enough you got to control their actions in battle. Cloud was still the dominant character.

Not necessarily. Depending on what materia you're using and their gear, several characters could outperform Cloud.

I breezed through the arena with Yuffie's 'Doomed of the Living' (basically her version of Omnislash) a ribbon, and a mastered Blue Magic materia. When I tried the same setup with Cloud, he struggled, because he isn't as fast, or evasive as Yuffie.

What's this ACC stuff, and how does it differentiate from just plain old AC?

'Advent Children Complete' is the director's cut of AC, which added 35 additional minutes of footage that was cut from the original film. Certain plot points were more clearly explained, Tifa got additional screentime, so do Aerith and Zack (who gets additional lines; including a brief dialog with Cloud), and the fight with Sephiroth was reshot almost in its entirety.

In the regular AC, Sephiroth knocks Cloud to the ground, then stabs him in the arm. In ACC, Cloud doesn't get off so easily. Sephiroth runs him clean through, dead center. Then goes 'One-Winged Angel' form and rips Cloud a new one that leaves him a bloodied mess. The fight's resolution also changes: instead of using Omnislash, Cloud uses Omnislash ν6 (omni-directional midair version).

ACC is only available on Blu-ray, but you can find it cheap. I bought a copy brand new for only $14.59 + S&H. Or you can search for it on streaming sites. Either way, it's definitely worth a watch.

Edited by FongShwei69, 05 January 2017 - 09:40 PM.

#963 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5003 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

There's a hidden item (I forget what it's called) that allows you to swap out who play as. Once you have it, you can freely play as any character by placing the one you want to use at the top of the roster.

It's hidden aboard the submarine near the area that Emerald Weapon hangs out. So there's risk involved in going for it. As soon as I got it, Cloud got the boot and I swtiched to Yuffie. You'll also see her (instead of Cloud) while roaming the world map.

News to me. I never heard or seen this item.

Can't even find anything about this.

Not necessarily. Depending on what materia you're using and their gear, several characters could outperform Cloud.

Wasn't talking about Performance. Just that Cloud was always there regardless. 

But if there is/was an item to allow you switch him out. I'd like to hear more of this.

'Advent Children Complete' is the director's cut of AC, which added 35 additional minutes of footage that was cut from the original film. Certain plot points were more clearly explained, Tifa got additional screentime, so do Aerith and Zack (who gets additional lines; including a brief dialog with Cloud), and the fight with Sephiroth was reshot almost in its entirety.

In the regular AC, Sephiroth knocks Cloud to the ground, then stabs him in the arm. In ACC, Cloud doesn't get off so easily. Sephiroth runs him clean through, dead center. Then goes 'One-Winged Angel' form and rips Cloud a new one that leaves him a bloodied mess. The fight's resolution also changes: instead of using Omnislash, Cloud uses Omnislash ν6 (omni-directional midair version).

ACC is only available on Blu-ray, but you can find it cheap. I bought a copy brand new for only $14.59 + S&H. Or you can search for it on streaming sites. Either way, it's definitely worth a watch.

Sounds interesting. 

I'll probably give it a look at some point.

#964 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2790 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:37 PM

News to me. I never heard or seen this item.

Can't even find anything about this.

Spoiler

It's an old game, so information on it is scarce. The closest I found was a GameFAQS thread about preferred party setups. Most people chose to use Cloud, or at least include him. Only a few booted him the way I did.

Sounds interesting. 

I'll probably give it a look at some point.

It used to be up on YouTube, but it's gone now due to copywrite laws. All the clips of the ACC version of Cloud vs. Sephiroth were among the first ones to go. But it shouldn't be hard to find.

Edited by FongShwei69, 05 January 2017 - 11:37 PM.

#965 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5003 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

Spoiler

It's an old game, so information on it is scarce. The closest I found was a GameFAQS thread about preferred party setups. Most people chose to use Cloud, or at least include him. Only a few booted him the way I did.

All I see is her alone during her trials of the Pagoda. Which is part of her side quest story, that leads to gaining her final limit break "All Creation". 

I saw nothing indicating that at any other point during the normal process of the game, can you boot out Cloud and have any of the other characters as your main.

#966 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2790 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

All I see is her alone during her trials of the Pagoda. Which is part of her side quest story, that leads to gaining her final limit break "All Creation".

You can do the same thing at the arena (at the Gold Saucer). You can choose who want to send in, though for the final level, you have no choice but to use Cloud (they grey out all other party members names).

I saw nothing indicating that at any other point during the normal process of the game, can you boot out Cloud and have any of the other characters as your main.

In the beginning, no you can't. But once you're able to go underwater and board the sub, it's just a matter of finding the item. The sub is crawling with high-level enemies, which makes picking it up early difficult, but not impossible.

I'm pretty sure they'll keep it in the remake. Or maybe, they'll let you choose without it.

#967 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

http://www.windowsce...s-been-canceled

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#968 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5003 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

Spoiler

So if I'm understanding this correctly. 

FF7 Remake is going to take even more time to finish. 

Oh ... yeah an KH3 ....... but who gives a damn about that.

FF7 is going to take longer. Probably PS5 or maybe PS6 long. :( 

#969 Masked Rider

Masked Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

The game I'm playing is really good it lets me control and travel time and when I make one of the time paradoxes in which I am my own grandfather, the time travel path looks like an infinity loop. I am having a blast.

#970 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5003 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

But once you're able to go underwater and board the sub, it's just a matter of finding the item. The sub is crawling with high-level enemies, which makes picking it up early difficult, but not impossible.

Well first off it's not a "sub", it the Sunken Galnika, which is a plane. ;)

An I've not only looked around a lot for this "item" you mention, but I've also uploaded an old save on my FF7 to which I can access the Gelnika. But just like before, I can't find anything regarding this item or the item itself. 

What version of the game did you play when achieving this? An also are you sure it was an item and not a "cheat", seeing as how there is a cheat code that would allow you to do what your saying can be done?

#971 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

The game I'm playing is really good it lets me control and travel time and when I make one of the time paradoxes in which I am my own grandfather, the time travel path looks like an infinity loop. I am having a blast.

What's the game called?

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#972 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:56 AM

• Tokoya and FongShwei69 like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#973 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10610 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

Edited by Tokoya, 13 January 2017 - 12:12 AM.

• Raiden and FongShwei69 like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#974 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5003 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:13 AM

So XC2 is a sequel to the first game ... right? An not the XC-X?

But what the fuck happened to the character designs? They totally went generic (by today's standards) anime style. Like really!

Course I see on replies to the video and at other news sites, that some people think that's a good thing cause the style didn't look good enough or was dated. Fucking jackasses. 

Either way I never had a problem with the style TBH. An it's odd for them to step away from that style after so long.

Unless they're doing another Xenosaga 2. Where they listen to the wrong critics, and change things just to appease them. Cause if they're doing that again ......... FUCK!!!

#975 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2234 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

Absolutely speechless.

• Raiden, FongShwei69 and Urek Mazino like this

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#976 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

That and this were the stand outs by far

So XC2 is a sequel to the first game ... right? An not the XC-X?

But what the fuck happened to the character designs? They totally went generic (by today's standards) anime style. Like really!

Course I see on replies to the video and at other news sites, that some people think that's a good thing cause the style didn't look good enough or was dated. Fucking jackasses. 

Either way I never had a problem with the style TBH. An it's odd for them to step away from that style after so long.

Unless they're doing another Xenosaga 2. Where they listen to the wrong critics, and change things just to appease them. Cause if they're doing that again ......... FUCK!!!

It's Xenoblade Chronicles 2

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#977 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5003 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

When I saw Mario in that real world setting with more normal looking human beings

First thing to cross my mind was .....

OH GOD THEY WATCHED THAT ONE ROBOT CHICKEN EPISODE .............. FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!  :laugh:

Then I see the more fantasy platformer elements, and I'm like "Oh okay, that's cool". :P 

#978 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

Online is no longer free now and Nintendo still refuse to make their new systems voice chat compatible (Instead you gotta use things like Skype and Google Hangouts now lol)

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#979 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

Online is no longer free now and Nintendo still refuse to make their new systems voice chat compatible (Instead you gotta use things like Skype and Google Hangouts now lol)

who cares about voice-chat? it's totally annoying when not used via Teamspeak or Skype or the like.

anyway, my highlight from the presentation ^^:

• Tokoya likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#980 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2234 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

Apparently, both versions of Breath of the Wild are coming out March 3rd.

Nintendo obviously didn't think that one through, much like they didn't think through plenty of other things about the Switch. Pay-to-play is a serious killer, and we've heard nothing about the Switch's online features yet that would justify that decision. Internal storage is 32 GB. Launch window looks abysmal save for Zelda and MK8D, the former of which is coming out on the Wii U the same goddamn day and latter being basically a slightly-beefed version of a three-year-old game. Who's in charge of decisions at Nintendo, really? 

As a consumer, I'm pleased to high hell and back that I can shell out just $59.99 less than two months from now to get what looks to be the ultimate Zelda experience. 

On another note, XC2 looks interesting, Fire Emblem Warriors is amusing but curiously tolerable, Mario Odyssey looks dope but gives me unpleasant Sonic 06 vibes, and Splatoon 2 looks absolutely fantastic.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe what Mario Kart 8 should have been. Still no Double-Dash Mode, I guess listening to players has to come in steps. 

At the very least, Nintendo seems to have its ambition as an imaginative game developer back. 

Edited by Phenomiracle, 13 January 2017 - 02:13 AM.

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users