1020 replies to this topic

#21 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

what did she answer? I forget...

But well, words from the author itself is still more valuable. Unless he doesn't know what he's writing, haha.

She din't say anything she was scared at the time so Gaalan jsut shrruged off and tried to kill her again

• Fulmine likes this

#22 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:08 AM

She din't say anything she was scared at the time so Gaalan jsut shrruged off and tried to kill her again

Then that doesn't tell anything about Galan's commandment.

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#23 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:28 AM

Anw, I'm trying to figure out a way to quantify the speed of NnT verse. Until now, roaming through many forums I see that people bank on Gilthunder's lightning but that's flawed cause it's magic lightning, he can slow it down or speed it up however he wants and it doesn't have to be like real-life lightning, especially in speed cause as long as the ''substance'' itself is lightning, then it's called lightning magic. It's the same for Enel in One Piece though Enel actually shows one speed feat that is very fast and he actually burns and vaporizes stuffs. Aside from that, only naturally occurred lightning or at least scientifically-induced lightning like Nami's can be used to determine speed feat. So I hope at some point Gilthunder will remark how fast his lightning is.

Also, Arthur was amazed that Mel was faster than sound :hurr: So I'm not sure whether the author really intends for his verse to be that slow or he, like Oda, doesn't know what he's talking about...

We also have Galan's jumping (which is about movement speed) but there's no time frame and we don't know Merlin's teleportation radius. :wacko: Though we kinda know the distance between Edinburgh and Camelot so we can calculate how far each of his step is, then the actual distance he moved for each step and if it's 1step/sec which seems likely then I think about Mach100...

#24 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

We also have Galan's jumping (which is about movement speed) but there's no time frame and we don't know Merlin's teleportation radius. :wacko: Though we kinda know the distance between Edinburgh and Camelot so we can calculate how far each of his step is, then the actual distance he moved for each step and if it's 1step/sec which seems likely then I think about Mach100...

So that would be about 34.3 km/s. Earth has a 40,075 km circumference. Assuming the NnT planet is about earth sized he could jump around the world in like 20 min (about 1200 seconds) going this fast. 1step/sec would also also imply that he traveled 2470 km (he jumped 72 times) and it would have taken him a little over a minute to get there. My flight memory account is telling me that a flight from ATL to SLC is like 2,542 km. It seemed like it only took Galan a minute to get to Camelot so if Edinburgh is as far from Camelot as Atlanta is from Salt Lake City then that checks out.

That number seemed absurd at first but it could actually make sense...and that is freaking fast. That's faster than escape velocity. He could literally jump out of orbit if he was high enough. 

• Abu Dun likes this

My Manga

The sad reality of my favorite Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#25 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:10 AM

So that would be about 34.3 km/s. Earth has a 40,075 km circumference. Assuming the NnT planet is about earth sized he could jump around the world in like 20 min (about 1200 seconds) going this fast. 1step/sec would also also imply that he traveled 2470 km (he jumped 72 times) and it would have taken him a little over a minute to get there. My flight memory account is telling me that a flight from ATL to SLC is like 2,542 km. It seemed like it only took Galan a minute to get to Camelot so if Edinburgh is as far from Camelot as Atlanta is from Salt Lake City then that checks out.

That number seemed absurd at first but it could actually make sense...and that is freaking fast. That's faster than escape velocity. He could literally jump out of orbit if he was high enough. 

To elaborate, I think NnT planet may be a bit bigger than ours. Because Britannia is basically England, Wales and Scotland in our real-life map, which is canon by the author's words when fan asked him about Britannia and the map we have in the databook (you can see it on the wikia). But the thing is...in real world map, the distance between Edinburgh and Lyoness is about 185km, but in the manga it's 185 miles. I'm not sure if the author intends that (which means, like I said, NnT planet is a bit bigger) or he just mistook the unit...

Camelot is in the very south of Britannia btw. Around Basingstoke in real life. That's 544km in real world map, but in NnT maybe 544 miles. Divide that by 72 steps then do a bit of geometry for triangle because Galan didn't move in straight line. He jumped up then jumped/fell down so the actual distance he moved with each step is much longer than 544/72. Of course, if we're calcwhore and want to be absolutely accurate then have to account gravity when he fell down but that's too much work. Also Mach100 is just a rough estimate. I didn't actually calculate it :P

And just in case if people in general made a mistake: Merlin can teleport people from Lyones to Camelot which is further than 544km/miles but that doesn't mean that's her Area of Effect (AoE). Like, she can teleport people to X place but maybe people have to be within a range for that to take place if you know what I mean. So the distance she can teleport people to is different from her AoE, which can be much much much smaller and Galan jumped out of that in less time than Mel fell to the ground from a height of...1 meter (which we can use SUVAT to calculate the time). And we still don't know her AoE :(

#26 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,379 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:51 AM

Chapter 156! http://readms.com/r/...sins/156/3157/1

• Tale and Chillman like this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#27 gahgahgah

gahgahgah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

Meh, kinda of a boring, needless chapter really. 

#28 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:54 AM

Does Elizabeth's brain have malfunction? Diane's losing memory is the whole reason they went on this journey to begin with and she forgot it that fast...

And when people lost memory and asked for proof, show them or explain something. It's useless to say ''no way''...

This chapter is a good example of where manga < anime. The length! That was a good build up for Diane's recovering her memory and if it's in anime, things will take up only a few minutes and there's still a lot to watch. But for weekly manga? feel like we have nothing, haha.

Nice ending though!

Also Pleiades is called seven sisters. Does that mean there will be another one that hasn't shown up?

#29 gahgahgah

gahgahgah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:00 AM

Does Elizabeth's brain have malfunction? Diane's losing memory is the whole reason they went on this journey to begin with and she forgot it that fast...

And when people lost memory and asked for proof, show them or explain something. It's useless to say ''no way''...

This chapter is a good example of where manga < anime. The length! That was a good build up for Diane's recovering her memory and if it's in anime, things will take up only a few minutes and there's still a lot to watch. But for weekly manga? feel like we have nothing, haha.

Nice ending though!

Also Pleiades is called seven sisters. Does that mean there will be another one that hasn't shown up?

Eh, does it really matter if there's another Pleiades member? They ended up being complete garbage.

#30 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:08 AM

Eh, does it really matter if there's another Pleiades member? They ended up being complete garbage.

I'm just wondering. Plus if the last one exists and is awesome then why not? Not all group can be awesome across the board. You just need one good one.

#31 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:31 PM

What do you guys think those Meliodas's really are? My bet is somekind of stonegolems.

Also does that swordhandle in the middle panel have face too or am I just imagining things? http://readms.com/r/...ins/156/3157/21

#32 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:43 PM

More Proof of Elizbeth being awesome due to her selflessness.

But people with bitch and compain because she isn't super strong.  :-_-:

It's not like she drugged Diane and left her in the middle of nowhere.

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

#33 hitesh93

hitesh93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:59 AM

Garbage?? Not by a long shot. They did take on Fraudin and captured him. The only way the commandments were able to rescue him was through deceit and not brute force, which says a lot. When it came down to a straight up match 2 vs 2, the Pleiades were still confident about taking them on (however misplaced that may be). Even the sins were unable to take on a single commandment initially, and they have the benefit of being inhuman in many cases. So overall they were decently impressive, not garbage. 

#34 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

What do you guys think those Meliodas's really are? My bet is somekind of stonegolems.

Also does that swordhandle in the middle panel have face too or am I just imagining things? http://readms.com/r/...ins/156/3157/21

i'm seeing that face too....

they're fake clones for sure, or made by balor like you said, or maybe they're illusions from the other tentacled commandment

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#35 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,250 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:27 PM

I doubt they're from Balor, they seem way too sophisticated to be from him (the illusions last chapter as well). So far, whenever Balor's (known) powers did something, they simply slammed a rock onto someones head or punched them through the maze.

Also, does anyone think Balor's Commandment is "Honor thy Father and thy Mother"? Considering he's the progenitor of the Giants, that might turn really nasty.

I also only now noticed that none of the TC has pupils. Weird.

Edited by Oben, 11 January 2016 - 03:28 PM.

#36 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

Great shit guys, my 78th favorite youtuber name comicstorian (you can guess what he does) has started to do his thing with manga now, which is great...

cuz he started to review Nanatsu no Taizai...which is amazing....oh I use "review" lightly, he basically reads all the important points to you in a dramatic voice...

Spoiler

Edited by Red Opus, 14 January 2016 - 07:35 PM.

3Pv4ZgF.jpg

#37 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:36 AM

157!

Hahaha

#38 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,250 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:53 AM

Turns out Hawk isn't just immortal, but also really hax.

I wonder if he was once a human who ate a magical bird that later ate a magical pig?

#39 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

Diane's too nice...

Hauser how pathetic are you?! Don't be joyous over King's fate...

Hawk's power is day-saving plot-level power. When the whole team is down? Hawk jumps at the villain, bite a bit and tadaaaa, I'm powered-up!!!

The Bishie power at the last page though... :rolleyes:

#40 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,467 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:22 AM

This killed me :lmao:

9TH8jHwl.jpg

That guy at the end has my full undivided attention :aww: And Hawk is OP lol

Edited by Tokoya, 18 January 2016 - 11:23 AM.

• JDG973 likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users