DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

Previous Thread

Previous Post:

Ok a lot of questions. Since when is Tien an alien? Thought he got the eye from being enlightened. We don't know what if any training the group got from King Kai. Wasn't them fighting the Ginyu's anime filler? When did Roshi ever get immortality? The androids were never wished into being full humans. Shenron couldn't. He could only remove the bombs in their chest.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

No I am pretty sure the dragon could not make them human and just removed the bombs.

Also a lot of times power levels came up skill of the fighters were also a factor. Goku while obviously stronger displayed more skill then his opponents when fighting the ginyu force.

That despite the massive power difference the heroes did survive freeza even when he was holding back. Cell in dealing with vegeta or his solution when faced with an opponent that was literally beating the tar out if him.

Hired goon even if aliens are the same. Unless they are extensively trained to fight chances are decent that a superior fighter should have an advantage despite a difference in power. I am all but certain those guys were probably weaker then raditz unless it was stated otherwise.

Tien decided to go help fight against super buu so he obviously must have trained because there is nothing else he is shown doing. Pretty sure the last time zenkai came up was against frezzia where Gohan and vegeta made use of it. That and cell when he came back, but otherwise it stopped being enough to substitute actual training considering Gohan probably had one and was still weaker then super gotenks buu.

Actually none of the human fighters seemed weaker considering Yamcha was decent in other world and Krillen was shown fighting. So they obviously stay in shape they just are not getting stronger at a certain point because the human body has limit.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#3 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

Tien being an alien was revealed by Toriyama in the Dragon Ball Daizenshuu, not the series itself. So it's understandable that some people still aren't aware of that. It's actually compounded by the fact that he's also stated at a different point that Tien had the third eye due to it's historical meaning in Asia: look at question 11

Spoiler

which is where the idea then comes in that it's something he gained through meditation and such. With Tien then being somewhat more impressive than Krillin the whole alien thing then typically seems like a middlepoint. Krillin can be the strongest human without argument because Tien is just an alien and therefore not human.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#4 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:04 PM

Why the new Thread?

That was a fun 100 pages of discussion.
  • Strobacaxi, Doan and Chillman like this

2pyaix0.jpg

#5 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

So Tien lost his powers because of the Crane Hermit. But can he regain them? If so, what kind of powers would he have? Would he be stronger than a Saiyan?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#6 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

Why the new Thread?
That was a fun 100 pages of discussion.

Thats what I'm saying,(posted just so to follow the thread)

Fabolous ft Trey Songz "All There"

Spoiler

#7 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:04 PM

Well any series thread that goes on long enough tends to get a new thread eventually. 100 pages is as good a place as any to start a new one if we're going to.  :shrug:

In terms of the Android 17 and 18 issue from the previous thread, they're not fully cybernetic androids, having been human before being captured by Dr. Gero. Hence 18 being capable of having children when all that Shenron did was remove her bomb.

Spoiler

Therefore I don't see why they wouldn't be capable of getting stronger through training and learning new techniques.

EDIT: Also because I just re-read the chapter:

Spoiler

I really think this, Cell being defeated and the Z Fighters saying goodbye to their Future ally, and Trunks then returning to the future and saving his timeline, is one of the best endings to an arc/saga in the entire series.

Edited by Ace1225, 05 January 2016 - 06:08 PM.

• Chillman likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#8 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:07 PM

If their's no rule on it like the Big 3 Forum(20 pages) than it would've been Cooler and funner for me if the thread just kept going lol, Mans wanna post at page 559 for once.

2pyaix0.jpg

#9 Kamikazek

Kamikazek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:37 PM

Ugh I'm back on my computer that doesn't let me quote which is a huge pain but to address a few things using @Chillman 's post as a jumping off point.

Ace is right about Teinshinhan. However a few caveats-

-Daizenshuu 7 says Tein is descended from aliens that ended up on earth a long time ago. How long they've been on earth and how much they have/haven't interbred with humans is left up in the air.

-The line about Tein's lineage is one of the very few pieces of new information in the Daizenshuus that's isn't directly from Toriyama or an editor or similar(through an interview or the like). As such people have questioned the validity of that factoid as long as Daizenshuu 7 has been around. Personally I always believe the guidebooks in the absence of direct contradiction of other materials (which the are a few cases of) and I've often found people only seem to discount that particular fact for self-serving reasons, but it's something to keep in mind.

-It's also entirely possible that Tein is both an alien and got the third eye through meditation. After all, Supersaijin is a genetic trait for Saijins but they need to do something to actually unlock it.

-This is more of an interesting aside than anything, but it's very rare for any official materials in Japan to refer to any character as "human". I think there's a few occasions were the term is used, especially in reference to the androids, but they almost always use the term earthlings instead, which also includes people like Tien, Oolong, Puar, Popo, Pilaf ect..

Yes the Ginyu fight on Kai's planet is filler and what they did or didn't accomplish on King Kai's planet is left undisclosed.

Roshi is mortal but him and his sister live freakn' forever, Baba is somewhere around 600 iirc., Roshi is about 350. No official explanation why, probably something to do with the fact that Roshi is a Sen'nin (a type of sage often said to have transcended age through enlightenment and whatnot) and Baba is magic n' stuff. There's a throwaway line about Roshi drinking from the fountain of youth but that's dub only. He says during the Piccolo arc that he drink an elixir of immortality, then right afterwards admits that that was a lie, and then he dies.

Only thing I can contribute about the androids at this point is that in the Dragonball Full Color: Artificial Humans and Cell arc Volume #6 interview, Toriyama explicitly states that Android 17 and 18 can become stronger by training, since they're modified humans.

#10 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:08 PM

Just because they train doesn't mean they're going to jump leaps and bounds. It's how you train that's important too not just how much.

#11 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

Wasn't his long life attributed to a Phoenix that was later mentioned to have died to food poisoning. 

If they can get stronger they probably have the same problem every human probably had considering I wager Gero just grabbed some kids for his project. 

#12 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:37 PM

They should be able to improve their KI regardless if they have limitations on their cyborg bodies, considering Ki is spiritual.

2pyaix0.jpg

#13 Kamikazek

Kamikazek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

We know Roshi could summon the immortal phoenix and was going to use it to grant Goku and Bulma immortality. It's never said if the phoenix ever granted Roshi anything or if it's related to Roshi's longevity, but it's a reasonable guess to make.  

#14 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:04 PM

Dunno how you guys can still enjoy this show

https://fbcdn-sphoto...04143a1580e25e7

#15 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

Dunno how you guys can still enjoy this show

https://fbcdn-sphoto...04143a1580e25e7

You talking about Super or Dragonball?

If it's the latter than how can you not?!

2pyaix0.jpg

#16 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

Just 2 more episodes before we head to the U6 Arc.

1625673_785092434970059_2801569740629315

Preview says Frieza will still have the stamina weakness and Goku takes advantages of it, Episode 27 preview says Vegeta dies when Frieza blows up the planet..

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#17 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

@tattaslayr

Because Dragon Ball Super doesn't have a monopoly on bad animation:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Granted, it's had more than its fair share of bad animation and that's unfortunate. But it's only getting as much coverage as it is because 1)It's freaking Dragon Ball, easily one of the most well known series of all time and 2) Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and hell even GT (Which for all its flaws had excellent animation), are all part of the same series as this one and were consistently good for years when it came to animation. However, there are plenty of series which are solid yet have their share of moments where the animation is of a noticeably lower quality. This is even more common if the series is one where episodes are released on a weekly basis. People act as if the previous series didn't have its moments:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Ace1225, 06 January 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

Just 2 more episodes before we head to the U6 Arc.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hph...

Preview says Frieza will still have the stamina weakness and Goku takes advantages of it, Episode 27 preview says Vegeta dies when Frieza blows up the planet..

So much for my hopes of Super giving Vegeta the W
  • Ace1225 likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

tumblr_inline_nac4qyVQkW1rpkn21.gif

• Tokoya and DarkNemesis like this

#20 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

hqdefault.jpg

• Tokoya, DarkNemesis and Blue22 like this