151 replies to this topic

#21 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

Yeah, that's my point. So you know nothing about the content of the manga so how do you know there's too much material to cram in 12 episodes?

I suppose I can't be certain about it but all I said was that I worry about the pacing

I haven't and won't read the manga but I do worry about how the pacing will work if they plan to condense so much material into 12 episodes.

And that's why it's slow.

It's been a long time since I watched the first few arcs of any of the Big 3 but I don't remember the pacing being that slow for any of them. Although they were also among the first anime that I've seen so it could be that I just didn't know any better.

Actually One Piece and Bleach only have 16 pages/chapter

That's not true. They consistently had 18-20 pages/chapter. Almost every WSJ manga has that many pages, especially if you include the double pages, when they start their serialization. It's only after they have established themselves that you'll see a drop in the page count.

That's why the pacing is important. Like I said, pages or weekly/monthly chapter do not work as a unit. They are not exactly the same.

True, however FMA and Boku Dake are both monthly serials. 25 pages, even if they were drawn like Kubo's blank backgrounds with little dialogue would take a few minutes to animate.

Edited by gintokichimaru, 10 January 2016 - 09:19 AM.

#22 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19167 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:05 AM

That's not true. They consistently had 18-20 pages/chapter. Almost every WSJ manga has that many pages, especially if you include the double pages, when they start their serialization. It's only after they have established themselves that you'll see a drop in the page count.

Well yeah, I'm talking about now. My point when first mentioned those 2 manga is they are now quite slow to prove that pacing is important. But you were talking about their early days. I forgot.

True, however FMA and Boku Dake are both monthly serials. 25 pages, even if they were drawn like Kubo's blank backgrounds with little dialogue would take a few minutes to animate.

Yeah but FMA for the most part consistently has like 38-43 pages. BDGIM generally has 32-35, sometimes up to 42, sometimes down to 28.

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#23 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

Yeah but FMA for the most part consistently has like 38-43 pages. BDGIM generally has 32-35, sometimes up to 42, sometimes down to 28.

Sorry I was referring to the 25 "extra" pages that would be animated for the Boku Dake anime versus Brotherhood.

#24 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19167 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

Sorry I was referring to the 25 "extra" pages that would be animated for the Boku Dake anime versus Brotherhood.

Oh. Well, that depends on the director. Stuffs like that can be pretty fast if they want to.

#25 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:36 PM

Watched episode one yesterday. 

That escalated rEaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal quick.

Spoiler

#26 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19167 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:50 AM

Why do people not lock their door?...

#27 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10689 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:09 AM

This is what I was screaming while I watched it again

Man that scene hurt me inside a little lol

Edited by Tokoya, 11 January 2016 - 01:09 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#28 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:35 AM

It seems a lot of country cultures don't lock their doors as a sign of trust between them and their neighbors. In some southern communities in the US it's considered rude to lock your doors. I guess Hokkaido, or at least the part where the mother lived is like that

#29 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19167 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

It seems a lot of country cultures don't lock their doors as a sign of trust between them and their neighbors. In some southern communities in the US it's considered rude to lock your doors. I guess Hokkaido, or at least the part where the mother lived is like that

I know. It's a rhetorical question. She was not in Hokkaido and even Satoru made the mistake...right after he complained his mom didn't do it...so they are just plain stupid.

Also how do people even know whether you lock or not?

#30 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:08 PM

My bad. Hard to o read sarcasm and rhetorical questions onljne

#31 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

This is on daisuki,net btw if you guys want to give that site views. The commercials are silly, but the idea of legitimately released sub anime online is awesome.

• Tokoya likes this

#32 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10689 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

Episode 2 is out

Spoiler My thoughts

Edited by Tokoya, 14 January 2016 - 02:00 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#33 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2473 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:53 PM

this is building up nicely

wonder if satoru taking an other route in life will end up losing something else or triggering something which didn't happen before (like, with who will yuuki play with if he spend more time with his friends?)

seems he's already adapted to the idea there won't be any skipping forward once the problem is solved, makes me think he may get so used to live again to eventually forget his old self while growing, reconnecting to the first episode where he was worried/scared to look deeper into himself

"Seeing Satoru interact with his mom and expressing so much emotions around her as well as him being more loving and thankful for even the little moments truly brought a smile to my face and made me emotional as well and I loved his mom since the beginning so seeing how she was in her younger years is great for me"

same for me, his relief when seeing his mom fine and the nostalgia while reminding his old house/life was great and touching

so far only the kenya and his mom are picking up something has changed with him

his mom figuring out he was inviting someone else aside from his friends was amusing

• Hooded Crow and Tokoya like this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#34 Hooded Crow

Hooded Crow

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3771 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

I really like where this is going, I  like the idea of "friendship", and the idea of reliving it and forming those friendship bonds again and also I like how Satoru is starting to make a change right away. I thought it would take some time for him to build the courage to talk to Hinadzuki

wonder if satoru taking an other route in life will end up losing something else or triggering something which didn't happen before

I think that it wasn't a coincidence that Satoru had an accident, right when he used his abillity. I think it was to show the consequences that he has to go through in order to use this ability effectively. I believe (and hope I'm wrong) that in the end, he will manage to save both Hinadzuk and his mom but he will die for it, if not get injured.

As of Yuuki I'm not sure, maybe Satoru will be the one to enroll him into his gang.

TT^TT And i also want to say that this is really something I wanted to happen to me. I want to go and relive my elementary school years ;3; I'd make such a better use of them.

Spoiler

A7v79vA.png

#35 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4303 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

Trailer for upcoming Boku Dake ga Inai Machi live-adaptation movie:

• Hooded Crow and Tokoya like this

#36 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19167 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:51 AM

Watched 2nd episode! A very good one! It might be lacking in retrospect but for now the atmosphere and pacing feel just right.

The family-appreciating scenes are serene and touching, all the more so when Satoru's father is nowhere to be seen (either nothing or major plot point). I like small house/apartment myself so his home is pretty neat and cozy.

School life...subjective and personal cause I miss mine.

That Kenya kid is simply mature before age or he has something, like inside information or special power? :rly: I'm kinda like him at that age, books, calm and whatnot but I'm a bit more playful and what I read was Freud...and this anime has a single mom, perfect! LOL

The comedy is well-placed and in right amount, too. First Satoru remembered his Mom is Yokai material. Then the Lolicon awakening :hurr: All those inner dialogues can become this show's bright point if done well.

The girl...Clearly things are just beginning. Not gonna comment on her so fast.

#37 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2473 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

I think that it wasn't a coincidence that Satoru had an accident, right when he used his abillity. I think it was to show the consequences that he has to go through in order to use this ability effectively. I believe (and hope I'm wrong) that in the end, he will manage to save both Hinadzuk and his mom but he will die for it, if not get injured.

that's a thing i was thinking about too before, if the kidnapper happens to kidnap lone kids, like hinazuki, in the original life satoru was never really alone even when he isolated himself, cause yuuki, but now that he's changing things to get more involved with hinazuki to try to save her, he may expose himself to more danger than he originally had to deal with

TT^TT And i also want to say that this is really something I wanted to happen to me. I want to go and relive my elementary school years ;3; I'd make such a better use of them.

i think the idea of coming back to change/improve things is something almost everyone who has looked back at the past has speculated at least once
for me if i went back to the elementary days i would likely replay it almost the same, had so much fun in that period
  • Hooded Crow likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#38 Hooded Crow

Hooded Crow

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3771 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:06 PM

that's a thing i was thinking about too before, if the kidnapper happens to kidnap lone kids, like hinazuki, in the original life satoru was never really alone even when he isolated himself, cause yuuki, but now that he's changing things to get more involved with hinazuki to try to save her, he may expose himself to more danger than he originally had to deal with

Oh right, I never thought of that. Maybe Satoru will now be the one in trouble because of his actions. I don't know we'll see. I have 2 suspects for now, one is I'm afraid Yuuki. Although it was proven (in the first episode) that he wasn't the one to kidnap Hinazuki, maybe he will be jealous of Hinazuki to the point where he'd hurt her. I'm also suspicious because we know so little for the character and some of it is that he was accused of being the kidnapper, maybe he wasnt that inoccent after all, maybe it just happened that he wasn't the original kidnapper but he would have been if the chance appeared, like let's say, now that Satoru is changing the past.

Anway the second suspect in my mind is the teacher for some reason. I know it's way too early but the killer has to be someone Satoru's mom knows and someone that knew the kids. Also the only reason that made me suspect him in the first place is that usually teachers in anime get little to no screen time, and although he didn't get that much (if any) his entrance was a bit too...mysterious. Like one of those entrances where an important character is revealed and at first you see his feet as the camera slowly goes up to reveal his face. It kinda gave me this vibe. 

Anyway XD I always tend to take things too far but we'll see :B 

Spoiler

A7v79vA.png

#39 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:55 AM

Okay, so finally got around to ep 2. 

Spoiler Update on sub releases

They didn't miss anything, that they already didn't decide to omit, apart from the usual bits of internal monologue here and there. The cooking scene is a really nice example of opting for visuals instead. 

I'm fairly certain it was only chapters 7 and 8 that were covered. They stretched scenes to alter the timing, introducing much more dramatic weight to them. I hope it doesn't get old too fast. 

Now, I can say I am satisfied with the VA work. Satoru's in particular have a delivery that plays right into his character. The inexperience here is a virtue. Also, Aoi Yuuki!

I'm fairly satisfied with the kid animation. Even if it looks a bit strange sometimes. They should be doing okay on these fronts for a while, these first two episodes where pre-screened before the official airing, or so I've heard.  

And with that, I'm not going to talk about much else. I'm bowing out of the thread until something of interest pops up. I could say more, but it would be riddled with spoilers and shit. 

I have one piece of advice for all you first-timers though:

Pay attention. 

Edited by Otaku-N., 19 January 2016 - 07:20 AM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#40 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:15 PM

Finally watched episode 2. And I'm sold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users