Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,289 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

This episode shed many things to light

No wonder Yakumo favoured Kiku, this pitiful man cheated Shin's master out of this world all because he was jealous and wanted Daddy's love/to be spoiled and popular....That really pissed me off to see

And to make matters worse he did the same to Shin too except the poor guy had it 10 times more worse since nobody took his side in the end unlike the first Sukeroku, heck not even Kiku....

Still, at least the old fart was honest and acknowledged that he was wrong and truly regretted his actions since he knew that Shin deserved to be/wanted to make him the next Yakumo/was the best/had the right mindset all along, so I'll give him a pass....RIP Old Man, its a shame that you didn't tell all of this to your true son

Still, Kiku really is a cold hearted guy, that last performance that he did left a bad tatse in my mouth and now I don't even know how I feel about him but I don't think he's far gone just yet

However, the star of the episode is easily Konatsu....Man she was too cute performing her dad's Rakugo so enthusiastically and confident and at such a young age too - Truly a natural prodigy just like her daddy :'')

Great episode overall though and I can't wait to see the reunion of the young trio plus Kawaii Little Konatsu....Looks like Miyokichi isn't doing so well though :( I can already smell the trouble arising just by that one shot of her in the PV

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#22 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:33 PM

Spoiler

#23 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,289 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

Konatsu truly is the most adorable thing ever :'') She's so mature for her age too!!

Seeing the living conditions that she and Shin were in was sad to see and even though I kinda get why she did it, at the end of the day Miyokichi just abandoning them like that is just disgusting

Thankfully, Kiku managed to make me love him again I have nothing but the utmost respect for the guy for helping them out and getting Shin back on his feet....That dual performance at the end was marvelous 

Next week is the finale and going by the PV, shit is going to get very depressing.....It sucks knowing that Shin is gonna die because this episode showed us what the future could have been like if he lived :(

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#24 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,289 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:41 PM

This episode solidified this series as being AOTS imo

When I saw that the OP didn't play this week I knew that this episode was destined to be amazing and it truly was

The first half was astonishing with Kiku's performance but what was truly something special was Shin's performance because that shit was REAL, motivational, and uplifting in every sense of those words and it was the perfect play for him to do

Second half with Miyokichi/Yurie was awkward as fuck and for a moment she really looked like a piece of shit to me until I realized just now broken Kiku made her and it became even more evident when they had that weird ass moment together

But that confession from Shin broke me.....The way he was willing to through everything away for his family was inspiring and seeing those two break down in front of each other was depressing especially since deep down she actually did love her husband and daughter

And that ending.....I can't believe that this is the way that they died....I feel so fucking bad and I especially feel bad for Kiku because his growth as a character and the way he was willing to break his mold for their sake only to have it ripped from him like this just fucking sucks

I don't think I can handle seeing Konatsu's reaction to this because I'm just broken right now....This is just really sad man....She slept so peacefully on her dad and now she has to wake up knowing that she will never feel his warmth or hear his voice again TwT

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#25 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:26 PM

I knew Shin and Miyo/Yuri would be dead since the beginning of the series. 

But damn, I wasn't expecting the way they went. I just assumed that Miyo wound up killing herself over Kiku...poor Kiku. He and Satoru from Erased are definitely the best characters so far this year.

Sad, but fantastic episode. Guess this is why Konatsu hates Kiku.

So far, legit contender for series of the year.

#26 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:54 AM

At first I was preparing myself to say how it was a good series even with what I felt was an abrupt ending, but they really did a good job with that after credit scene. What a perfect way to end the first season and leave us longing to see the second. This is very much a gem, a wonder, and an experience.

#27 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,289 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:01 AM

This finale was heartbreaking.......And I don't even know what to say about Konatsu going out and getting herself pregnant like that

Thank goodness for S2, because I really want to see what happens next, especially since Yotaro is growing so much and wants to inherit Shin's stage name now even

Solid 9.5/10 for the AOTS (People are starting to speculate that the father of Konatsu's child is Kiku O_O)

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#28 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:42 PM

^Kiku as Konatsu's babydaddy? NAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH That would completely make this series dark as shit :lol: 

Well, shit, I was wrong about this getting a second season :lol:   I'm glad though. Now we get to see Yota and Konatsu. Hopefully, the wait's not too long.

#29 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:40 AM

I'm not usually one for straight up dramas like this, they always seem to flop. I knew I was being manipulated, by the soundtrack especially, but it didn't really take me out of the picture.

And the characters were multifaceted, my god, I thought the dynamics were brilliant. There's a probably a work miles better out there on this angle but the way the conflicting emotions were brought out of them...the characters were never as clear cut as I expected them to be and that really piqued my intetest. And we got to see how the events changed them over a long passage of time, with the passing seasons, which really helps when presenting development. Good or bad.

Many times here I ostensibly would have hated a character completely but in the end there was only pity. 7th's and Miyokichi's actions are in my mind at the moment. I should have dismissed them right away, but these were just broken people. I might never completely understand it all.

But what I do know is that it was pretty human.

Looking forward to Konatsu and Yotaro having a more saccharine tale to tell. I'd like that.

Pick of the Winter 2016 season.

Edited by Otaku-N., 10 April 2016 - 06:27 AM.

• Tokoya and KittyGoesMeowMeow like this

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#30 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:30 AM

Also requesting this be moved to Anime Discussion for the second season, unless DEW's happy keeping it here.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#31 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,289 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:02 AM

Also requesting this be moved to Anime Discussion for the second season, unless DEW's happy keeping it here.

I second this notion

@DaEvilWithin, make it happen please

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#32 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:05 PM

Thirded.

Might as well until whenever the second season starts.

#33 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:12 AM

Finally finished this. So good! The second 9/10 anime the ClubHouse picked besides KKSS.

Konatsu is the star (I would want the father to be Kiku :hurr: cause I have read good stories with that element and hope the record continue LOL) and the parent trio are all well-done and developed. They each have both what I like and hate and the confliction does wonder as well as the interaction (speaking of interaction...too bad this is a PG13...). Only Miyokichi/Yurie is a bit too typical for my liking. She ends up the tragic woman figure I have seen so much in other works without something special. Not that Bon and Shin are that unique but Kiku is more complex and Shin's type basically fits perfectly.

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#34 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:26 PM

Oh damn, I thought there was news of a second season coming soon. :(

Still my favorite series this year though Jokers Game and 91 Days has my heart too.

#35 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,289 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

Oh damn, I thought there was news of a second season coming soon. :(

Still my favorite series this year though Jokers Game and 91 Days has my heart too.

Same minus Joker Game and plus Hero Academia and Re:Zero
  • KittyGoesMeowMeow likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#36 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,289 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:21 AM

SEASON 2 COMES OUT WINTER 2017
  • Fulmine and KittyGoesMeowMeow like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#37 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

Feisty

• Moderators
  • 12,565 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

That is pretty exciting news!

#38 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:52 PM

SEASON 2 COMES OUT WINTER 2017

tumblr_nkktqlnmP11tq4of6o1_500.gif

• Tokoya likes this

#39 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

Awesome! Hope Kiku's Konatsu's child's father. That's all!

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#40 linny

linny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationbetween zero and one

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

I just randomly found this show the other day and watched it in two sittings. I loved it so much!! It's awesome when an anime can pull off something so niche like this whole rakugo thing (I had NO IDEA what it was before and I was totally immersed). It was just a great story! Hard to find sometimes in anime!

Yotaro totally captured my heart, even though he was only in like 3 episodes, so I'm really excited for the second season to see him more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users