#21 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:35 AM

I'm sure it's just me. But if the guy in the cape is supposed to be Blast, then Blast looks a lot like Saitama but with hair. :shrug:

you were right man lol. He really is a hero for fun.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#22 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

Dat chapter. D: So much plot. 

So Tatsumaki is in it just for the chance to meet Blast again. Aww.

That philosophy though, not sure yet if its something that Saitama would endorse. I mean, I suppose it makes sense that you shouldn't count on Heroes.

It seems next arc is going to be quite political. I wonder who is behind this new hero association and who will make the move.

• number21 likes this

#23 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,937 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:40 AM

Chapter in question.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#24 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

oh boy another Hero's association.Will there be a War between the 2 associations?

#25 number21

number21

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationWhy don't you find me?

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

I'm sure it's just me. But if the guy in the cape is supposed to be Blast, then Blast looks a lot like Saitama but with hair. :shrug:

He looks like Tetsuo from Arika to me.

#26 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,937 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

I wonder if Saitama will join the New Hero Association and Blast will rejoin the Old Hero Association. Then we finally get a showdown between the two. Assuming Blast is as strong as Saitama. Or at least has very very similar powers.

• GintaMan likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#27 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

So betting on either Blast being Saitama's father OR Saitama actually being an alien/human-like monster who removed his own memory and powers some time ago because he was bored with them. He then has gained them back as Saitama now.

Although that latter wouldn't make sense since Saitama was around before the Hero's Association so blast had to be around to join after that... Guess just the former then.

Edited by Hoff, 10 March 2016 - 11:32 AM.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#28 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:06 PM

Looks like Genos got an offer from the new Hero Association, he'll probly take it since he's wary of Metal Knight. Or maybe he'll stay to keep an eye on him?

What I really want though is for Saitama to join the new one since they treat him so poorly at the old one.

#29 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

Looks like Genos got an offer from the new Hero Association, he'll probly take it since he's wary of Metal Knight. Or maybe he'll stay to keep an eye on him?

Don't think Genos cares about Metal Knight that much, or about being a hero really. He more or less Saitama  follower.

If Saitama  switch, so does Genos. Not the other way around. 

• Hoff likes this

#30 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:39 PM

It's weird that Saitama beat easily a guy that all S-class together couldn't handle and nobody gives him credit for it.

It's very suspicious that entire associations have such poor information network.

I guess this is happening in order for the story to work, but it pisses me off. That might mean that it works though :P

#31 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:58 PM

It's weird that Saitama beat easily a guy that all S-class together couldn't handle and nobody gives him credit for it.

Well his credit is that he is now A rank...

It's very suspicious that entire associations have such poor information network.

You know their informaiton network is bad since Saitama was the original hero that sparked the desire for the Heros association. Granted, at the time, he had hair.

#32 Bombchu

Bombchu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:12 AM

OR Saitama actually being an alien/human-like monster who removed his own memory and powers some time ago because he was bored with them. He then has gained them back as Saitama now.

That would be terrible and would undermine the entirety of what the series has been building itself up to be.

Considering that flashback was 18 years ago Saitama wouldn't have even been 10 yet. That was even before any hero groups existed so Blast might be this world's archtypical standard for a caped superpowered hero. Chances are Blast is the guy that inspired Saitama to be a hero as a hobby, costume choice and all.
  • GintaMan likes this

#33 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

That would be terrible and would undermine the entirety of what the series has been building itself up to be.

I'm curious as to why you think that.

Considering that flashback was 18 years ago Saitama wouldn't have even been 10 yet. That was even before any hero groups existed so Blast might be this world's archtypical standard for a caped superpowered hero. Chances are Blast is the guy that inspired Saitama to be a hero as a hobby, costume choice and all.

Oh I'm definitely betting more on Saitama not knowing Blast at all and them meeting each other like Armstrong and Sig in FMA:B.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#34 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:51 AM

Saitama's bound to meet someone like him that will make him think what if I went that route? Blast may have a different personality now compared to before. Or he's seeing something others can't that's why he's always inactive nowadays. A conversation/skirmish with Saitama would really be needed in this case. 

"To have a dream is to struggle with reality."

Have a taste of my pIMP Slap!

tiM4Zrr.gif

"The Old Man of the North"

http://38.media.tumb...EcNV1r1vglf.gif

Chairman Emeritus, OMF Butt Stuff Appreciation Association

Almighty Bishop of the Church of Escanor, Gawd of the Sun

#35 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

Need to reread chapter 2, but wasn't the start when he was job searching, and saw a kid (Hero's association's founder grandchild) Being attacked by a monster? He helped out, despite not being OP yet. 

#36 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:51 PM

Yeah, so all the Blast=Saitama or Blast=Shicchi theories seem to have been put to rest now. I also think that Saitama will probably have no clue who Blast is. I mean he didn't even know what the Heroes Association was, lol.I'm actually a little surprised that Blast was a hero so long ago. 18 years seems like quite a long time ago in the story and you figure he is in his 40s or 50s now and probably retired from being a hero. Though it was very interesting that his costume looked a lot like Saitama's. So I wonder if there is going to be some connection there, but probably not.

Need to reread chapter 2, but wasn't the start when he was job searching, and saw a kid (Hero's association's founder grandchild) Being attacked by a monster? He helped out, despite not being OP yet. 

Yeah he did something like that. Though didn't that incident cause the rich father of the kid Saitama to start the Heroes Association? So it looks like Blast was working as a hero well before the Heroes Association was even a thing. So I guess he couldn't really be a professional hero back then which is why Blast had another job, lol.

#37 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about this series and how it would be appreciated by OPM fans. But yea, if you guys have the time I recommend you check this out-http://myanimelist.n..._Senshi_Sunred

Someone has even gone to the trouble of uploading the subbed episodes to youtube for easy watching-https://www.youtube....56qvWQcJa_1yB0Q

• Red Haired Shanks likes this

#38 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:52 PM

the first episode was funny. Thanks for the recommendation!

• death2boredom likes this

#39 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:11 PM

the first episode was funny. Thanks for the recommendation!

Np, thank you for watching. Hope you like it all.

#40 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,937 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:41 PM

It is just me or is the transition from this chapter to the last chapter just ...jarring. Or maybe MangaPanda is missing some pages?

Edited by DarkNemesis, 07 May 2016 - 02:42 PM.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users