Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3248 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

I have been unable to live this down, (and judged battles should be reopened after the results are out, imo), so, without further ado...

Scenario 1: No prior knowledge

Scenario 2: Both parties have prior knowledge. 

Discuss.

• Fulmine and Red Opus like this

#2 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6168 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

Vergo should take this. 

Physically he should overwhelm Enel.

Mantra is powerful but just because you know what your opponent doesn't mean you can avoid it.

Sanji/Luffy and digusting thing with the sling shot proved that in their fight with that one guy.

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

#3 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

Scenario 1: No prior knowledge

Scenario 2: Both parties have prior knowledge.
Discuss.

Well Vergo can hurt Enel but it's different then it was with Luffy; there he had a double disadvantage being able to be hit by Luffy but also being unable to attack him with his main form of combat (Goro Goro no Mi). Vergo is in no way immune to lightning and it is one of those abilities that can effect you almost regardless of how strong you are, partly because it isn't so much the heat as it is the charge that you have to worry about (though if Enel's case it's both since his attacks are directed so even the heat has lethal potential) and there's no real way to counteract it beyond not getting hit (or being rubber apparently).

Scenario one can go either way, Enel's incredibly fast and has great CoO haki but he doesn't always use his speed effectively. He can still win since his fruit is still deadly but if he comes too close thinking he can't be hit or otherwise gets caught off guard Vergo is strong enough to potentially take him out.

Scenario two should be in Enel's favor, if he knows he can be hurt by haki he should have enough sense to stay at a significant distance and bombard him with powerful lightning strikes until he's down (something he couldn't do with Luffy do to his immunity). Vergo from what I remember lacks ranged attacks and shouldn't be able to close distance easily if he can at all. At the very least it will be an uphill battle trying to close a far distance while not getting nuked with lightning by someone that can predict your moves.

• Fulmine, Raiden, Abu Dun and 1 other like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#4 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3184 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:54 PM

Ah, I remember this one.  Good times.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#5 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19170 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:27 AM

Scenario 1: Vergo has one tiny little chance to win

Scenario 2: Enel wins forever.

Vergo should take this.

Physically he should overwhelm Enel.

Assuming he can hit Enel.

Mantra is powerful but just because you know what your opponent doesn't mean you can avoid it.

Sanji/Luffy and digusting thing with the sling shot proved that in their fight with that one guy.

True. But again, assuming Vergo can do that. His feat is not enough to be called faster than Enel.

Vergo from what I remember lacks ranged attacks

He has that ''blowing'' that Smoker dodged. Though I'm not sure what that is. Enel can block it like he blocked Viper's Bazooka though.

Edited by Fulmine, 28 January 2016 - 04:28 AM.

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#6 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1687 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:35 AM

Vergo has shown the ability to tank electrical attacks, so that's a point in his favour. In scenario 1, I think Vergo takes it pretty easily, to be honest, because Enel's still of the opinion that no one except Luffy is able to hurt him, and likes to give free shots to prove how invincible he is. I don't think Enel ever showed himself capable of tanking something like Vergo's Oni Take, though I might be wrong with that. How strong was Impact Dial?

Scenario 2, I'm still going to give to Vergo. He's quite the tank, and I don't think Enel showed enough to say he could take him down without his Arc Maxim boosted attacks (I'm assuming Enel doesn't have Maxim?). Plus, Vergo has Soru and Geppou, so while Enel is faster (my memory of his speed feats is somewhat hazy), Vergo wouldn't be outmanoeuvred.

Two of the most overrated characters in One Piece, fighting wise.

#7 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19170 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:14 AM

Vergo has shown the ability to tank electrical attacks, so that's a point in his favour

Scenario 2, I'm still going to give to Vergo. He's quite the tank

So if DD can tank Luffy's Pistol, you will say ''he has shown the ability to tank punching attacks, so that's a point in his favor''? Even though King Kong Punch would make him quite bad.

Similarly, not every electricity attack is the same...Enel's are clearly stronger by several magnitudes. Law's is just some shock. Not that it is weak, but compared to Enel's that destroys environment, melt gold, burn stuffs with scorching heat...

In scenario 1, I think Vergo takes it pretty easily, to be honest, because Enel's still of the opinion that no one except Luffy is able to hurt him, and likes to give free shots to prove how invincible he is. I don't think Enel ever showed himself capable of tanking something like Vergo's Oni Take, though I might be wrong with that. How strong was Impact Dial?

1st of all, Enel can reactivate his heart. So at worst, he gets one hit in and back up again like he did. Unless Vergo doesn't stop and attack the second time right away and third time, fourth time to ensure then yeah, Enel-sama is fucked. But that's unlikely since Vergo hasn't shown that kind of attack.

2nd, Enel isn't that careless to give people free shot. He actually did that only a few times and most of those cases he either was in a mood to show his utmost superiority or he was still in shock (when he couldn't burn Luffy with his lightning). He dodged or blocked attacks most of the times.

But then that's why I said Vergo has a chance.

Plus, Vergo has Soru and Geppou, so while Enel is faster (my memory of his speed feats is somewhat hazy), Vergo wouldn't be outmanoeuvred.

Geppou is not a problem. Enel has massive ranged attacks and he can travel in the air.

Enel is faster than CP-9's Soru and has one feat that is among the 3 best distance-covering feats in the manga off the top of my head (the other two are Aokiji's and G4's). I'm not sure about Vergo's Soru and it's quite plausible to think Soru is not a fixed speed but then again, Oda didn't really seem to think that way from his SBS. And even if it's different, nothin says Vergo's Soru should be faster than CP-9. He clearly is stronger than them, but being stronger =/= being better in every aspect. So I think he should not have the benefit of the doubt regarding his speed.

Of course, I don't mean Enel can just blitz Vergo but hitting him is not a problem.

#8 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6168 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

His feat is not enough to be called faster than Enel.

Luffy was able to touch him without gears. 

Enel also likes to stand still and let people get in free hits.

A shigun to the face is putting Enel down.

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

#9 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19170 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:12 AM

@captain kidd let's do this.

Luffy was able to touch him without gears.

Due to various factors (Enel let him hit because Logia, Enel was caught off-guard because the punches bounced off the gold, Enel's spear was grabbed by Luffy, Enel decided to tank the Golden Rifle) and none of them is speed.

Enel also likes to stand still and let people get in free hits.

Except that is the minority. He dodged and blocked all other times.

A shigun to the face is putting Enel down.

I would agree OniTake but Shigan? Enel got an Impact Dial and back up...

#10 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1459 posts
  • Locationon the way to a certain Tea Party

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:03 AM

Impact Dial

Make that a Reject Dial (which is 10 times the strength of an Impact) and then we're talking ;)

In the 1st scenario, Vergo has a chance if his first shot is so devastating that even restarting the heart won't change a thing. E.g. due to that Bamboo Shot which should be infused with CoA outright obliterating Enels heart - as it would have done with Smoker, as that is the sole reason he needed to dodge that attack in the first place. Vergo certainly won't be downed by one El Thor, not even a single one of the beast-forms will do the deed, but unless he somehow manages to keep the range close enough to land blows, he won't be able to touch Enel after the first hit. And even that first one is highly questionable, as Mantora lets one feels the intent of the opponent. due to vergo being the No-Nonsense type, he'll be filled to the brim with killing intent and, given his prior experience with fearless opponents, Enel will be cautious and not grant that famous free hit.

What will bring Vergo down is the extreme disadvantage nearly everyone has against a combination of the Goro Goro no Mi with all its features and expert-level CoO - meaning that he won't even get a surprise hit in. While he himself, as was shown by Countershock (which is far weaker than even the most basic El Thor), is proven to by highly susceptible to electrical discharges.

The 2nd scenario is a clear win for Enel, no questions asked. The moment he knows that his opponent can hurt him but still is susceptible to each and any of his attacks, he can - and will - nuke him from the orbit. Even with Soru and Geppou, Vergo has no way of escaping the homing attacks that have been shown to hit with 100% accuracy. In that scenario, CoA also is a non-factor as far as its defensive qualities go, due to the nature of the attacks. Neither Heat nor current were shown to be blocked on the level Enel can put forth, so even if Vergo manages to reduce the damage taken by each hit, he will just prolong the inevitable without having the glimpse of a chance of getting in range to return the favour.

There are a mere 2 opponents that we know the abilities of that, given prior knowledge, will face a real problem for Enel - Luffy and Kizaru.

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Denki-Gai no Honya-san, Gin no Saji, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Nisekoi, Magi, Vinland Saga, UQ Holder!

and many more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users