#301 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,092 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:20 PM

I never knew Hamill was that entertaining. Its sorta of ironic that I find that Ford who played a very entertaining character is so boring in in his interviews but Luke who is more of a traditional is so fun and charismatic with the fans.

Luke was just an awful role. Hamill is a great actor when given the right role.

http://www.businessi...er-voice-2017-1

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#302 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:56 AM

Alright so Woody Harrelson officially in the Han Solo movie.

• Tokoya likes this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#303 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:41 AM

I found this article:

http://www.starwars....ding-new-rumors

I guess this pretty much confirms they may reshoot a couple of scenes in Ep 8 to kill Leia off in this film.
  • Kurapika likes this

#304 Kurapika

Kurapika

The World's Strongest Human

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:03 AM

Thank Christ they aren't doing Princess CGI-Leia.

Ks_zpsmspxexz9.gif

#305 ninpokaton

ninpokaton

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts
  • LocationDublin/RoIreland

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

Haha hes gas, sounds so sassy

#306 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,127 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

I found this article:

I guess this pretty much confirms they may reshoot a couple of scenes in Ep 8 to kill Leia off in this film.

They're talking about her involvement in Episode

They would have to drastically change the story in order to do what you're implying and that's something that wouldn't really make much sense now considering that she has a big role in 8 (And she has already finished shooting all of her scenes too) and was going to have an even bigger role in 9

For them to simply kill her off in 8, they're going to have to use CGI in order to make that happen which they just stated that they would not do

I think they're gonna kill her offscreen in 9 and if need be, use a body double if they want to visually show it

Edited by Tokoya, 14 January 2017 - 10:18 AM.

• Raiden likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#307 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

They're talking about her involvement in Episode
They would have to drastically change the story in order to do what you're implying and that's something that wouldn't really make much sense now considering that she has a big role in 8 (And she has already finished shooting all of her scenes too) and was going to have an even bigger role in 9
For them to simply kill her off in 8, they're going to have to use CGI in order to make that happen which they just stated that they would not do
I think they're gonna kill her offscreen in 9 and if need be, use a body double if they want to visually show it

That doesn't mean they cannot do post production scenes even if main shooting is over. I remember, that the LOTR films had quite a few post production scenes filmed and incorporated into the final cut.

I also think that having Leia die off screen would be a majorly lame system to kill off an important character like her.

#308 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,127 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:56 AM

That doesn't mean they cannot do post production scenes even if main shooting is over. I remember, that the LOTR films had quite a few post production scenes filmed and incorporated into the final cut.

I also think that having Leia die off screen would be a majorly lame system to kill off an important character like her.

The only thing this would accomplish would be drastically hurting the narrative which should and probably will be avoided at all costs

Like you can't just cut out the big Kylo - Leia reunion that they were planning for example

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#309 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

Personally I don't expect much of a narrative at all with JJ Abrams at the helm - the first reboot Star Trek he did was meh. He is not a good director imo.

Not to mention that The Force Awakens was pretty much a boring, uninspired rehash of A New Hope lacking all the things that made ANH good.

#310 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:18 PM

Personally I don't expect much of a narrative at all with JJ Abrams at the helm - the first reboot Star Trek he did was meh. He is not a good director imo.

Not to mention that The Force Awakens was pretty much a boring, uninspired rehash of A New Hope lacking all the things that made ANH good.

lolol umm ok.

JJ Abrams is gone. Let's start there.

Kathleen Kennedy is at the helm of all of Star wars

I found this article:

Thanks Lucasfilm for clearing that yp.

Now can you clear up the rumor that your cutting her character out of 8.

Something I think would be far worse than a cgi Leia.
  • Raiden likes this

#311 White Zangetsu

White Zangetsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationGem Road

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

That Han Solo film sounds like the most boring prequel possible. I can't believe they're wasting time and money making that cash grab.

xlzkh5J.jpg?1

#312 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:35 AM

I would rather have a Darth Vader or Obi wan film instead tbh, seeing as there is massive time gap between ROTS and a ANH.

Would be fun seeing Vader slaughtering Jedi, helping the Empire grow or Obi's adventures on Tattoine.

I seriously doubt that Obi was just sitting in some random hut during all those years. I also wanna see how he finds out, that Vader is still alive - at the end of ROTS he left him for dead.

But yet in ANH, he is unsurprised that Vader is alive.

Edited by Baks, 15 January 2017 - 07:43 AM.

#313 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

I would rather have a Darth Vader or Obi wan film instead tbh, seeing as there is massive time gap between ROTS and a ANH.

Would be fun seeing Vader slaughtering Jedi, helping the Empire grow or Obi's adventures on Tattoine.

I seriously doubt that Obi was just sitting in some random hut during all those years. I also wanna see how he finds out, that Vader is still alive - at the end of ROTS he left him for dead.

But yet in ANH, he is unsurprised that Vader is alive.

There's like 30 years between RotS & ANH and Vader is the most powerful tool of the Empire, it'd be hard for him to be unaware over such a long time period. Finding out how/when he found out might be interesting though but I'd prefer if they stopped with these single character focused movies and do new stuff like the rumored Underworld series or Old Republic stuff or just something which isn't 'member berry bait.

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#314 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:47 AM

30 years, since when?

That just doesn't make sense, since Luke looks around about 18 in ANH and we all see that he was born at the end of ROTS.

#315 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:08 AM

30 years, since when?

That just doesn't make sense, since Luke looks around about 18 in ANH and we all see that he was born at the end of ROTS.

Oh, true. I'm a super casual SW fan so I don't really care about the details but the point is that given that span of time (almost 2 decades) it shouldn't be that surprising that Ben found out about Anakin/Vader. We obviously don't know the details of how/when he found out which is a point that Lucas Film can mine for their everntual Obi-Wan movie.

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#316 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:23 AM

it had to been atleast 19 years.

between ROTS and ANH

Jyn was born in 

f7c22295-c095-456a-acad-b4dcabd18025_zps

- At some point, you gotta decide for yourself who you’re going to be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.

#317 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:45 AM

it had to been atleast 19 years.

between ROTS and ANH

Jyn was born in

Who is this Jyn person you are referring too?
  • Tokoya likes this

#318 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:39 AM

Jyn Erso the Female lead in Rouge One

She was 3 when the during the Revenge of the SIth. 8 when he father was caputred and had been on the run for 14 years so 22 

Edited by ddboy102, 16 January 2017 - 04:39 AM.

f7c22295-c095-456a-acad-b4dcabd18025_zps

- At some point, you gotta decide for yourself who you’re going to be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.

#319 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:34 AM

Oh, I wouldn't know cuz I haven't seen Rogue One yet.

I will most likely watch it when it comes out on or Blu Ray.

#320 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

Luke was just an awful role. Hamill is a great actor when given the right role.

http://www.businessi...er-voice-2017-1

He was boring to me when I was younger but as an adult he does a fantastic job playing a relatable protagonist who yearns for a better life and embracing his true potential. If Han Solo is a bad boy it seems reasonable to me that the other male character should be his opposite otherwise its boring. Luke got more awesome in each episode and by episode 6 he is a complete badass. I mean he is wiser, calmer,  avoids conflicts when necessary, extremely reliable, tries to reason with his father, and his scenes with Vader are absolutely fantastic.

• Tokoya, Ace1225 and Doan like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users