Photo

Kiznaiver (Studio Trigger's New Original Series)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,131 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:29 PM

78466.jpg

Plot Summary

The anime's setting is a fictional Japanese city named Sugomori City. One day, Noriko Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira Agata, "You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver." The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his. The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers. Sugomori City is built on reclaimed land, but as the years go by, the city's population is decreasing. The story is set in this town where Katsuhira and the others live.

Studio: Trigger

The first two episodes had a pre-screening and most of the reception has been positive, so I think that this will surely be good, especially since it's anime original....First episode comes out April 9th

Edited by Tokoya, 03 April 2016 - 05:56 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:00 AM

Barely contained anticipation to overreact at the tweeeeeests and teeeeeerrrrnns on this train. 

• Tokoya likes this
Spoiler clickyclicky!

#3 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:16 AM

I'll probably watch this later on. 

The premise sounds weird though; people connect thru wounds? reminds me of stigmatas.

#4 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:49 PM

I'll probably watch this later on.

The premise sounds weird though; people connect thru wounds? reminds me of stigmatas.

Well...

Spoiler If it wasn't obvious enough, I mean,

Edited by Otaku-N., 04 April 2016 - 11:55 PM.

• Tokoya likes this
Spoiler clickyclicky!

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,131 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:18 AM

Episode 1 is out

Spoiler

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:06 PM

Ok, this was fucking weird...:lol:

Spoiler

• Tokoya likes this

#7 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:24 AM

Pretty fast, nice sharp visual style. But uh, I kinda feel like less actually happened than thete ought to have been. We'll see.
Spoiler clickyclicky!

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,131 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

So they really are the Seven Deadly Sins =o

Seems like:

Tenga = Pride
Honoka = Wrath
Yuta = Gluttony
Katsuhira = Sloth
Chidori = Lust
Nico = Envy
Unamed Character? = Greed

Apart from that, this was some really good characterization and I'll quote someone from another forum that pretty much sums up what I mean by this

So I'd just like to point out that within span of two episodes Kiznaiver managed to:

Introduce 7 main characters while establishing 2 of their backstories. In addition to breaking down and justify the stereotypes of the Stoic, the Hardass Bitch, the Pretty Boy, and the Insane Cuckoolander by establishing why these characters act the way they do. And also setting some of them for more character development (heck technically our protagonist has already developed).

Have its romantic leads understand their feelings in a scene that is both satisfying to watch and pushes the premise that the show is based on. Where most anime would dick us around for a whole season or longer.

And establishes that the anime is going to revolve around the beginnings of a HUMAN HIVEMIND being incorporated to society.

Call me crazy but considering that this all happened in the course of like 40 minutes I'm going to call this pretty good writing. I'm honestly a little baffled that some people are calling this anime boring.

This all goes back to execution of generic themes and this and also Boku no Hero Academia are perfect examples as to how you execute them well

I really liked that confession from Chidori and also the revelations from Katsuhira and now I cannot wait to see what happens next

Also, I dunno if I watched something else, but this episode didn't feel lighthearted to me at all, it had comedic moments, but none of it was anywhere near being lighthearted imo

Edited by Tokoya, 22 April 2016 - 08:13 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,131 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

So the seventh member is a suicidal emo guy....Quite the diverse cast we got now

It was funny seeing how many times these guys kept fucking each other up with pain as well as all of the moments with Tenga, Chidori and the pretty boy xDD

But I must say that seeing suicidal guy get an orgasm over what Katsuhira did had me rolling on the floor and laughing harder than I have all year xD

This episode was way too entertaining LMFAOOOOO
  • waleuska, g-dubz and KittyGoesMeowMeow like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#10 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:18 PM

So...we now have:

-Childhood BFFs

-A megane girl who might've killed someone

-a playboy who was a fatty

-Not Kamina

-Not Nico Nico Nii

and now we got the Maschoist who loves pain. :lol: 

Not to mention that it's the daughter of Esdeath that seems to be running things.

• Tokoya likes this

#11 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:20 PM

Man dat orgasm tho :rly: :laugh: and I don't know if anyone else noticed this but the OP sounds an awful lot like the song Take On Me from the 80s band A-Ha

• Tokoya and KittyGoesMeowMeow like this

5.jpg

#12 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:36 PM

I really like Tenga/Not Kamina...

And goddamn Yuta is cold: Even Chidori is considered unpopular? :lol: 

• Tokoya likes this

#13 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,131 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:08 PM

This episode was hilarious lol

Looks like Tenga x Chidori might end up being a thing too
  • KittyGoesMeowMeow likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#14 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:33 PM

ALL ABOARD THE TENGA/CHIDORI SHIP!

I wasn't expecting Sonozaki to join them. Looks like she and Katsuhira are another ship.

'LETS SEE YOUR FATTY POTENTIAL!'

• Tokoya likes this

#15 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,131 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

This was a very OTP heavy episode and I loved it

The scene with Honoka and Obesity-kun was kinda hot yet really creepy at the same time because seeing her mindset during that moment was something else

And I know that the popular opinion is for Tenga and Chidori to end up together, however ever since the first episode, part of me still wants her to end up with Katsuhira and this episode did a brilliant job showcasing why I'm rooting for this ship

The "attack" parts were pretty weird but I am very glad that it led up to that powerful scene by Chidori....I wonder what this phase 2 thing is going to be though, but either way I'm a little nervous because the counselor is a bit too crazy lol

Also, I wouldn't have guessed that both Not Esdeath and Niko had some nice oppai lol
  • g-dubz and KittyGoesMeowMeow like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#16 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

I really want to know what's up with Honoka's chest :heehee: :charm:

5.jpg

#17 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

-Wow....Maki is FUCKKKKKKEEEEEDDDD UP. I can't wait to see what her backstory is!  LMAO at her trying to seduce Yuta though; I was not expecting Yuta to be such a pure little cinnamon roll :lol: 

Tenga x Chidori are too cute. :aww:

LOL at giving Hiso the ax: Yes, let's have the maschoist who faps to pain handle chopping up wood :lmao:

This was a very OTP heavy episode and I loved it

The scene with Honoka and Obesity-kun was kinda hot yet really creepy at the same time because seeing her mindset during that moment was something else

And I know that the popular opinion is for Tenga and Chidori to end up together, however ever since the first episode, part of me still wants her to end up with Katsuhira and this episode did a brilliant job showcasing why I'm rooting for this ship

The "attack" parts were pretty weird but I am very glad that it led up to that powerful scene by Chidori....I wonder what this phase 2 thing is going to be though, but either way I'm a little nervous because the counselor is a bit too crazy lol

Also, I wouldn't have guessed that both Not Esdeath and Niko had some nice oppai lol

I wasn't expecting Niko to have nice tits either. I'm guessing Maki probably has the best tits though.

I'm okay with Katsu x Chidori together as well. They're cute too :aww: 

Sawabe's character gives me Stripper Sensei from Kill La Kill vibes.

• Tokoya likes this

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,131 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:20 AM

Quite the emotional episode for Honoka :(

I'm very curious to see the full extent of her past and the conclusion of her little arc

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:54 PM

You know, this felt rather anti-climatic. I was expecting something more...dark?

We all know something happened to Maki's partner that Maki feels awful about but I guess I wasn't expecting the whole manga angle either. 

Yuta can be a good guy when he wants to be.

#20 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

You know, this felt rather anti-climatic. I was expecting something more...dark?

We all know something happened to Maki's partner that Maki feels awful about but I guess I wasn't expecting the whole manga angle either. 

Yuta can be a good guy when he wants to be.

A middle school girl doesn't usually write a story like what was described without some experience so the darkness is still possibly lurking.

The "disappointment" line was enough for me to be satisfied.

• KittyGoesMeowMeow likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users