Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:58 PM

Y'all praising Reinhard, but no mention of dat bowel hunting, smug semen demon called Elsa?

WHY MUST YOU FAIL ME SO MUCH.

What....I said that she's hot and evil lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#22 Acnologia

Acnologia

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationLooking for answers I'll never get.

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:18 AM

What....I said that she's hot and evil lol

Not enough my boy.

She should have been the focus of all your posts!

That aside, I'm enjoying this show. Seems a bit different from the usual "suddenly thrown in a vidya", or at the very least, it's entertaining enough for me.

The plot still needs to take off but we already have few elements in play such as the long lists of heirs plus the employment of assassins to thin said list, and now we have the night murder of Subaru.
Was it Elsa again I wonder. I can only hope that. Roswaal killing him seems... weird, but maybe he just felt Subaru was useless and knew too much.
I guess he'll have to change again something - like for example instead of being a retard and ask to be a servant, he could demand Felt to be freed or to at least see her.
Or or or... he could just ask for the damn date with Emilia and go out with a bang. Like, literally. XD

Edited by Acnologia, 26 April 2016 - 04:21 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

Never forget @ Satan

PnxeAX8.jpg

"Uwaaa! IchiRuki no namida! Oishiiiiiiiiii" - Tite Kubo

#23 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

This episode made me like Rem even more than I already did

She's still behind Emilia for me but the space between them is super thin at this point only because Emilia continues to be perfect and beyond cute

The characterization on and interactions with Rem were way better than last time imo and it really brought out a new and more cute and normal side to get which I loved

I also really enjoyed that scene at the beginning with Betty, and it really amazes me how her character doesn't annoy me at all

However the beginning scene with Subaru in despair really hurt me because I too del bummed out that all of that greatness from last week was erased....I was glad that he managed to somewhat recreate things but that ending

That shit was beyond brutal , like holy shit O_O Was he also poisoned or something too? Part of me still thinks that Ram is involved somehow

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#24 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:03 AM

Wtf is going on?

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#25 Acnologia

Acnologia

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationLooking for answers I'll never get.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

Well, I just had to read the manga because I was just too curious.

I can honestly say that Subaru's charcterization and growth, the "who killed me and why" and his respawning ability are really, really great - and what make them so, is that they all are skillfully interwoven. Like it happened in the first episodes, the fact that only he can remembered what happened will be (is!) fundamental for his character.

I'm looking forward to the next episodes!

• Tokoya likes this

Never forget @ Satan

PnxeAX8.jpg

"Uwaaa! IchiRuki no namida! Oishiiiiiiiiii" - Tite Kubo

#26 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:23 AM

This show frustrates me.

On the one hand, I like that every friend the protagonist makes in this series is just a result of his natural charisma. He's just an easy to hang out with kind of guy. On the other hand, every time he has these great interactions and character moments, he goes and gets himself killed! I don't think this guy has ever shown even a fraction of the vexation he should be getting from this, except maybe for that first time he died in the mansion.

The only reason this doesn't royally piss me off is because he always inexplicably manages to one-up himself and ends up being just as charming, if not more, than the last loop! I mean, this is not supposed to happen! Time loop stories almost invariably involve a guy slowly turning into a wretched mass of depression and cynicism until he either breaks or finds outside support.

I've said it before, but the greatest mystery to me in this series will always be the true identity of this strange creature they call Subaru. If they insist on him being human, I will just have to add "improbable acting skills" to his list of magical hikikomori superpowers, which is already getting pretty long.

Edited by Athos, 09 May 2016 - 12:38 AM.

samisig.jpg

#27 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

Did not expect Rem to be the culprit and it crushes my heart to see that she is :(

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#28 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:21 PM

The despair in this episode was too much for me to handle and that ED cliffhanger was evil

But why do I have a feeling that when he restarts, he won't go back to the beginning

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#29 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:57 PM

Well, now I'm curious at what the author's explanation is going to be for Subaru not being able to ask for help. I mean, besides literary convenience.

Anyways, not exactly what I expected him to break down for, but I finally feel like I can relate to this guy. Good job, White Fox. You could've wrapped this up in two episodes and turned it into a boring murder mystery just to move on to the next arc, but you picked the long route. Now I actually give a **** about whether these people make it out alive or not. Kudos.

• Tokoya likes this

samisig.jpg

#30 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

I really hope that Subaru succeeds this time because the events in this episode were too beautiful to be forgotten

Seeing him let it all out and cry on Emilia's lap really brought out the feels and that ending was very nice too

Other than that, I loved how we got more exposition related to the fantasy aspects of the world and learned about Subaru being a Shadow magic user

All in all it was a great episode and I can't wait to see if the fantasy aspects of this series particularly in regards to Subaru's ability, gets expanded on later

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#31 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:17 PM

I'm not sure whether I liked this episode or not. I mean, I guess I can take "improbable acting skills" off the list, because having Subaru being a clown on purpose was just uncomfortable to watch. I know it was intentional, but that doesn't stop it from being unpleasant.

Anyways, it was a good episode on paper, but I'm confused as to what Subaru's approach was here. Of course there's no such thing as a real life guide to get affection points off people, and it's not like he can roll for persuasion or anything, but I don't see how acting like a fool was gonna get the twins to open up to him. I suppose he was just trying to act like he usually does in hopes that they'd just naturally gravitate to him again. Who knows.

All I know is that I like Beatrice a lot more lately. I really hope she becomes a regular. Hell, I hope everyone becomes a regular.

samisig.jpg

#32 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

"I'm not sure whether I liked this episode or not."

after the previous episode it would have been hard to have something as impactful again, the only way could have been if they had resolved averything in this episode

if the responses to the episodes are anything to go by(unlikely), the next tense episode should be the nr 10, which should coincide with the start of the new arc, if this one will be over by the next episode

so far we had:

1-first arc start

4-mansion arc start

7-turning point with jump

8- <<<< we're here

9- end of the mansion arc?

10- start of the next arc?

"but I'm confused as to what Subaru's approach was here."

i don't think he had a plan, he was so worried to get on their good side that he forgot to be spontaneous, resulting in feeling forced, not only to them but also to emilia, and puck can just inspect him from the inside

all that while he was still shocked and scared of the last few lives, it was like he had to deal with 3 problems at the same time

1- getting on their good side

2- finding/figuring out the source of the curse

3- dealing with the shock of the "betrayal" from rem and ram

even if he should have been already done with 3 by the end of the previous episode before jumping, he clearly wasn't ready yet

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#33 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:21 PM

While the last few minutes of the episode were kind of a non-reveal, all things considered, it was still a pretty awesome fight scene, mostly because of that badass soundtrack suddenly kicking in.

If this show gets a decent ending, it's easily gonna be my favorite of the season.

samisig.jpg

#34 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:45 PM

HOLY FUCK THAT SECOND HALF O_O

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#35 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

This episode made it a while lot harder for me to chose between the twins but in all honesty, I fucking love them both equally now

Emilia continuing to be best girl and Rem kicking ass like a fucking boss....Betty also showing why I love each and every girl in this series including her....Good times

I just hope that next week this will all be over and that they killed all thsoe beasts as well as the fucking kawaii one that looks like a puppy....I'm scared for Rem though, sounds like the recoil from her demon mode will fuck her up badly

Also I missed the OP so much lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#36 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

That backstory.......Jesus Christ that entire thing was just so tragic

I felt so freaking bad for Rem being forced to walk in her sister's shadow and be taken for granted and looked down upon and holy shit I did not expect Ram to be some kind of super demon prodigy when she had her horn....And dat massacre O_O

Their story was just really sad and seeing what they had to go through after Ram lost her horn was tough....Those two deserve happiness and I'm glad that they got it now....That final scene with Subaru and Rem was so beautiful I almost cried

The way they killed the puppy was really neat too and kudos for Subaru for coming up with a great plan....Rosewaal is even more shady now though, all I got is questions now lol

Amazing episode followed by an amazing ending with my OTP....I'm really gonna miss that ED song though....Can't wait for Arc 3 and the new songs

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#37 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

Well, I'm glad the backstory had absolutely nothing to do with the story of the blue and red ogres. No, that would have been... uninspiring.

On the other hand, the insert song was kind of out of place... I like it when series take advantage of their soundtrack, but Rem's first rampage two episodes ago was ridiculously more satisfying than Subaru cashing in all those Chekhovs in this one.

Maybe I just don't care for the theme song.

Anyways, once again I hope everyone becomes a regular of the series. If push comes to shove, I'd at least want Rem to join the party for good. Well, not that there is a party yet, but-- you know what I mean.

samisig.jpg

#38 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

Man this episode was so interesting.....

The build up was superb and I am really liking every single last one of these new characters plus I'm curious to find out more about them and see what they can do

I didn't expect to get this selection arc so soon so seeing this all go down was pretty exciting, especially with Felt being the 5th candidate

Loved Subaru and Rem's roles in this one as well so I'm very excited for what's to come next

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#39 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

Oh wow, they really kicked the guy around this week. I mean, I like that someone is finally calling Subaru out on his obnoxious one-man comedy routine, but not content with that, the story decided to beat him up in public for it, and then once more for good measure by making his romantic interest reject him twice on the same episode. Good god, man! He has his flaws, but cut the guy a break!

I can only assume they're setting up the scene for him to reset everything just to do SOMETHING different that day, sheesh. I don't even know how the poor guy lasted that long without immediately jumping off a cliff. Of course whether he wants to do it all over just for petty reasons or if this is the moment when he mans up and groundhog's day himself into a badass, only time will tell.

Edited by Athos, 29 June 2016 - 07:13 PM.

samisig.jpg

#40 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:34 AM

Subaru got physically and emotionally fucked in that episode....I felt so bad for the guy

The Felt and Reinhard scenes were awesome tho

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users