• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,464 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:23 PM

Holy fuck that ending O_O
  • Kid Frost likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#42 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:50 PM

I'm so tempted to start reading the light novel now...but I don't want to spoil anything for this anime since I'm enjoying it.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#43 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:38 PM

...oh my god.

samisig.jpg

#44 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:20 AM

@Athos

and some go around saying this is only the start of part 3

those invisible hands bring back memories from elfen lied

but at least that betelgeuse guy is funny/amusing in his crazyness

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#45 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:21 AM

Just finished ep 15 and wow what an amazing ending, the despair and holy vengeance to come will be wonderful.

#46 Acnologia

Acnologia

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationLooking for answers I'll never get.

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:47 PM

If you all think this is the worst of it...

Brace yourselves lads.

• Tom Ace likes this

Never forget @ Satan

PnxeAX8.jpg

"Uwaaa! IchiRuki no namida! Oishiiiiiiiiii" - Tite Kubo

#47 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:56 PM

If you all think this is the worst of it...

Brace yourselves lads.

Indeed! i can't wait, but i guess i'll have too.....

#48 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:39 PM

I don't give a damn if there's more afterwards. I couldn't care less if that had been the ending of the series right there. That was a spectacular episode all on its own. When the credits started rolling I had this inexplicable urge to stand up and clap. Now I know why they made him act like such an ass in the last couple episodes-- it was so that we didn't feel TOO bad for him on this one.

Easily the best episode of the season... if it had been part of the last season. I need to catch up with the current one.

samisig.jpg

#49 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,464 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:05 AM

This episode fucked me up

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#50 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:46 AM

Welp, I guess the humiliation conga from two episodes ago was not quite over yet. Damn, that's an inconvenient save point. Right after he made a fool of himself in public and nobody trusts him.

There is only one true way out of this deadlock for him, in my opinion. I really want to see it happen, but the powerlevels in this series are so out of whack that he can't even put up a fight against a spoiled princess.

Either way, still my favorite series from last season.

samisig.jpg

#51 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,464 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

It truly sucks to be Subaru

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#52 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

Every episode that Subaru and Rem are together makes me ship them more :aww:

• DaEvilWithin likes this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#53 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:23 AM

Re:Zero has got me feeling some kind of way.

I thought it was going to coast on being "dark" and having people die. Boy was I wrong. There is actual substance here! I have a lot of thoughts on the series, but if I spent time massaging them into something coherent, I'd be here all day. Thus, I'll distill it into the most relevant points:

• Subaru is a moron. I understand why he is a moron -- Re:Zero being an Isekai LN played straight -- but he is undoubtedly a moron. He is selfish, doesn't think ahead, and wants everything without working for it.
  • Rem is still broken. Her line about "Now you're taking away my reason to die!" hits hard. What's even worse is that she is with the last person she should be with right now, and Subaru is in the worst state possible.
  • Thank god for bowl cut man and moving on the plot.
  • Mansion arc was pretty weak but bearable because I binged.

All in all it's a 6/10 with potential (depends on how long they stretch this Subaru bit) to hit 7 or 8. So pretty good.

#54 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

Personally I don't mind Subaru being a selfish dumbass, because it's clear that we're not supposed to sympathize with him for it. We're obviously going to cringe at his lack of judgement, just like we're always going to root for Rem for being selfless, heroic and adorable. It's easy to imagine that this is all leading to Subaru redeeming himself in some way, so I don't mind putting up with him for now.

With that said, if you ask me what exactly could he possibly do to earn back my respect... well, that's a different matter. It could be clever and awesome and make this the anime of the year for me, or it could be terrible and cheap and run the series to the ground forever. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Athos, 24 July 2016 - 07:30 PM.

samisig.jpg

#55 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

just like we're always going to root for Rem for being selfless, heroic and adorable.

I hesitate to root for Rem because she isn't really being selfless and heroic. She is looking for a reason to die. She's as flawed as the rest of the cast.

I do agree she is adorable, however.

As for Subaru, I understand contextually why he acts how he does and its narrative purpose, but that doesn't really stop me from wanting to bitch about it. I mean we already knew he was dumb when it took him like forty tries to realize he was in a time loop. Then another two or so deaths before he thought of talking to other people about it.

#56 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:41 PM

Oh, definitely. Honestly, I hated Subaru a lot more back at the beginning of the series. Luckily the series balances this out right now by beating him to a bloody pulp over and over again. These past few episodes should have been horrible to watch, but I don't feel TOO bad because deep down I believe he... kind of deserves it. It's very interesting.

samisig.jpg

#57 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:50 PM

Oh, definitely. Honestly, I hated Subaru a lot more back at the beginning of the series. Luckily the series balances this out right now by beating him to a bloody pulp over and over again. These past few episodes should have been horrible to watch, but I don't feel TOO bad because deep down I believe he... kind of deserves it. It's very interesting.

My problem with "call out" episodes like these is I empathize a lot with characters. I could barely watch his embarrassment of Emilia in the throne room. Honestly, I was hoping Julius would kill Subaru so he could have another shot. As it is, he's alienated basically anyone with power and he has no going back. I love the idea that his "power" doesn't save him in this situation as a critical thinker, but as a human being I felt really bad.

Speaking of which the dialogue of characters can really be on point in Re:Zero.

#58 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

Okay, that was a really bad episode.

#59 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:28 PM

Oh, Subaru. You were so close. So close to do a full turnaround. But you had to go and make her cry. For shame.

Edited by Athos, 31 July 2016 - 04:55 PM.

samisig.jpg

#60 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,464 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:52 PM

Subaru is such a fuckboy for friendzoning best girl after all that feels :cry:

Edited by Tokoya, 31 July 2016 - 07:52 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users