DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12593 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:47 PM

Mission 0.5C: Baby Steps

Brutalitops, Al-Ashir, and Aspen arrived at the Guild hall in Lathe. It was one of the smaller branches and had a cozy feel about the place. There were few tables, an inactive fireplace, and a single receptionist. The group went to the receptionist sitting at the counter and passed over their group card. He took their group card and placed it on a cylindrical device. The card phased in and the top of the device showed "E-2". Corwin placed hovered his hand over the device and swiped to the right. A list of quests replaced the rank along with a button that said DISPLAY.

"E-2? You must have passed your test recently, Congratulations. I'm Corwin, by the way"

Corwin pressed DISPLAY and three quest descriptions were projected into the air.

"Before you ask, I have no idea how any of this works either. I just operate."

The three choices were:

---

tree ants

hi there are tree ants destroying all my moms garden. can a hero please kill them. thanks.

~bill the 'coolest 'coolest kid who ever lived' who ever lived' kid

---

---

Treasure Retrieval

I was traveling to Lathe with my daughter and on the way some bandits attacked my carriage. Being a wealthy and successful merchant of much wealth and richness, I was carrying a lot of ornate items. After all, what if the common folk peered in? How would they know about my wealth and money? Long story short, we were attacked and they kidnapped my daughter and took all my items. One of these items was a locked treasure chest. Do not attempt to open it. I would like for the Guild to retrieve my treasure chest and as many decorative items as possible. Given that I am a man of considerable wealth and prosperous affluent opulence you will be rewarded well.

~ Sir Monde of the Gilded Forest

---

---

Bridge Recapture

The bridge connecting Lathe and Forleroth has been overrun with butterslugs. Remove them from the premise through any method you feel necessary. The Guild will provide any information and supplies necessary free of charge. Take care not to offend any citizens of Forleroth.

~ Big D.

---

"There you have it. Feel free to take your time choosing between the quests. No one comes around this backwater branch anyway."

• YoWid likes this

#2 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:38 AM

Brutalitops, as if in a daze, snaps out of his deadpan stare on Corwin and mutters a soft "Thanks" and proceeded to face his companions.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm itching for some action. But let's take a vote first... Sooooo... tree ants?" he casually jokes and tests the temperament and morale of his teammates.

• YoWid likes this

"To have a dream is to struggle with reality."

Have a taste of my pIMP Slap!

tiM4Zrr.gif

"The Old Man of the North"

http://38.media.tumb...EcNV1r1vglf.gif

Chairman Emeritus, OMF Butt Stuff Appreciation Association

Almighty Bishop of the Church of Escanor, Gawd of the Sun

#3 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

Al-Ashir grunts in agreement and inspects the options closely. He spoke softly with his foreign accent. 

"The way the tree ants gave us a more than miserable time during the exam, makes me want to stay away from those devils. And although I don't know what butterslugs are, I'm not too keen to find out either."

Al-Ashir proceeds to inspect the second option, as the treasure chest which shan't be opened caught his attention. He looks at the name Sir Monde of the Gilded Forest and tries to remember if he has heard or know anything of Sir Monde.

Stats:

Spoiler

• YoWid likes this

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#4 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12593 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:51 PM

Al-Ashir recalls that Sir Monde inherited a forest known for its high quality sap. Armed with business acumen and a bit of luck, the Monde's established their position among Ferrault nobility. They utilized the extreme versatility and scarcity of sap along with regenerative agricultural magic in order to keep a sustainable supply. While they were not the most influential of nobles -- they were still considered new money -- their name was well-known.

In addition to their entrepreneurial prowess, the Monde's used to be known for their contributions to their community and noble behaviour. They hired local talent when possible, gave sap to the village for free, and were very involved in the community. The village near the Gilded Forest experienced prosperity by proximity, and everyone adored the Monde's. That is, until the current Sir Monde.

Sir Monde had raised prices, cut down on benefits, and phased out local talent for cheap labour from the Nomadiks. He was said to be willing to do anything to increase the profit margin. Furthermore, there have been rumours of unscrupulous relationships with a few Elven gangs. Lastly, Sir Monde had a horrible relationship with the only remaining member of his family: his daughter.

Despite Sir Monde's reputation, edible sap has been selling at unprecedented rates. While he was not the most loved business man, it would be hard to argue that he was not a successful one.

• YoWid likes this

#5 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:43 AM

After seeking counsel from his memory, Al-Ashir shared his knowledge.

"As far as I recall, Sir Monde is a cunning and devious businessmanwith less than respectable work methods but I have no doubt we would be compensated nicely for our efforts. Bandits also seem like the most... predictable foe to face. What are your thoughts?", he asked Brutalitops.

• YoWid likes this

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#6 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:58 PM

He was actually going to suggest that one. Something about this "Sir Monde" and those "elven gangs" rub him in a wrong way. He might get some clues of where he has been before this absurd memory loss of his. 

"I think it's fine. High risk and possibly high reward. Might get a good meal out of this. I'm already fed up with munching on forest herbs and shrooms," Brutalitops replies, briefly burying his deep-seated thoughts with a smile.  

• DaEvilWithin and YoWid like this

tiM4Zrr.gif

#7 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:29 PM

Al-Ashir agrees noddingly. 

"Hmm, Brutalitops-um, Aspen-um, I do believe we've made our choice. Cowin-an, we'd like to choose option number two, the Treasure Retrieval.", he told the receptionist. 

Spoiler

• DaEvilWithin and YoWid like this

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#8 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12593 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:25 PM

"Good choice, good choice. It's always good to have a noble in your debt. At least, in my opinion."

The receptionist lazily flicked through the menus and assigned the quest to the group.

"The official reward for this quest looks to be 30 gold pieces. Of course, we take 20% to keep operations running smoothly. If he wishes to award you bonuses outside of our knowledge, however..." said Corwin, letting the group fill in the implication.

He took out a map and circled two locations. "Sir Monde was robbed on this road," said Corwin, pointing to a road half a day's walk from where they were now. "There may be people there who saw something, but I don't know." He then pointed to the second, larger circle. It was another half day's walk away from the first. "Numerous reports of bandits have indicated that they are located somewhere around here. Whether they are the same bandits is unknown."

"If you want to talk to Sir Monde himself, he is resting at the Inn. If you wish to purchase some supplies I can help you with that too. Any questions?"

#9 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:31 AM

Brutalitops turns to Al-Ashir, "Let's look at what we can buy first for supplies then let's go ahead and talk with Sir Monde after."

"Alright Corwin, what can we buy with dirt coins in our pocket?" Brutalitops then turns to Corwin. 

tiM4Zrr.gif

#10 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12593 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

"With your coins? A loaf of bread? You don't' seem the wealthy sort. If you still have any of your credits I can work something out."

Corwin tapped on the device and flicked through menus until a list of items was projected into the air.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Dueling Rapier [close, precise, 1 pierce| 2 wg.] -- 50 cr.

- Bundle of Arrows [3 ammo | 1 wg.] -- 1 cr.

- Dwarven Arrows [4 ammo | 1 wg.] -- 20 cr.

- Staff [close, 2H | 1 wg.] -- 1 cr.

- Halberd [reach, +1 dmg, 2H | 2 wg.] -- 9 cr.

- Leather Armour [1 arm, worn | 1 wg.] -- 10 cr.

- Assort. Gear [5 uses | 1 wg.] -- 20 cr.

- Poultices and Herbs [2 uses, slow | 1 wg.] -- 10 cr.

[CLOSE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's about everything under 50 cr.," said Corwin.

#11 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:04 AM

Al-Ashir slow inspected the list but found, that he probably already had what he needed to complete the task at hand. He was always interested in poultices and herbs, yet he already had them on stock. 

"I don't think any of relevance to me is on display, sorry, Corwin-an. I'm ready to move out when you are, companions. Though we should probably discuss whereto first of all.", Al-Ashir said and moved away from the counter, making advantage of the time by inspecting his equipment and sharpening Hadi

Spoiler

Edited by Morfeus, 10 May 2016 - 03:29 AM.

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#12 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:15 AM

Brutalitops scans the list as well, "I don't know, you can never go wrong with additional poultices and herbs," he turns from Al-Ashir to Corwin. 

"I hate having debts but I'll make an exemption this time, give me poultices and herbs. Just in case," still can't shake off some bad feeling, Brutalitops buys Poultices and Herbs from Corwin for 10 credits.

He gets back to Al-Ashir, "Now let's move ahead and talk to Sir Monde. We need more information about what kind of elves we're dealing here."

He walks briskly ahead with mighty disposition. Then suddenly skidded to a halt. 

He turns with an apologetic and dumb smile plastered on his face then asks, "Where is he again, Corwin?" 

tiM4Zrr.gif

#13 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12593 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:41 PM

Aspen runs his hand through his hair as he searches the list of items. "I'll take four bundles of arrows. You never know when you'll need extra ammo."

Corwin enters a back room and spends some time rustling through goods. After a few minutes, the receptionist exits with an assortment of herbs and bundles of arrows. He exchanges the goods for their adventurer cards and inserts them into the machine. 

"Pleasure doing business," says Corwin, returning the cards to their respective owners. He turns to Brutalitops and answers, "Exit the guild and take the path left at the windmill. Follow that path until you see a large building with wooden carvings of ravens at each corner. The owner claims they stave off misfortune. He's a bit mad. Anyway, that is where Sir Monde is staying."

Aspen claps his hands and addresses his team. "I'm with Brutalitops. Knowledge is power and Sir Monde knows the most about the bandits right now. Sound like a plan, Al-Ashir-um?"

#14 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:46 AM

Despite Aspen's past being a matter of much mystery, Al-Ashir actually quite liked the young man. Al-Ashir could feel an aura of presence and gentleness around Aspen, most certainly stemming from his well-mannered, elegant etiquette. Al-Ashir rarely encountered anyone, who would use the honest style of Alqatala speech but this one was an exception. Quickly Al-Ashir packed up his gear, sheathed Hadi and stood up, towering over the others. 

"I agree, Aspen-um. We will most likely need all the information we can get. Despite our foes being mere bandits, I would like to remain cautious in dealing with Sir Monde. He's a scheming man no doubt, so we should judge every word he utters very carefully."

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#15 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:44 AM

"To Sir Monde, then! And to a nice meal! " Brutalitops energetically exclaims as they walk out of the guild and head left of the windmill.

The large building looms at a distance, with the famed carvings of ravens.

Spoiler Stats

Edited by GintaMan, 11 May 2016 - 06:47 AM.

tiM4Zrr.gif

#16 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12593 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:55 PM

It was early morning and Lathe was an unpopular destination for travelers. It was a town known for being close to the country of Elves and nothing else. Consequently, only two tables in the Inn were in use when the adventurers walked in.

The first table resided near the extinguished fireplace and hosted a card game for four older men and a dwarf. They were having a good time laughing, playing, and getting drunk off the seemingly infinite beer.

The second table was in a corner far opposite. There a man in dirty clothes sat chugging his beer with vigor. His fingers had faded impressions indicating he had been wearing many rings. Inspecting his clothes revealed that they were made of luxurious fabric. Further, the distaste he felt when looking over at the rowdy seniors was almost palpable.

Aspen indicated the man with a flick of his eyes and whispered, "I think the gentleman drinking alone over in the corner may be Sir Monde. What is our strategy?"

#17 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:50 AM

Al-Ashir was immediately on guard, when he saw the fellow in the ragged clothing sitting in the corner. From what he knew, Sir Monde was very affluent and a cunning businessman. If that truly was Sir Monde in the corner and if Sir Monde had lost everything as it would seem, the group had to tread with outmost care. A man who only knows victory is the most dangerous in defeat. 

"Aspen-um, I feel like you're the one who would be most beneficial in the conversation with Sir Monde. Your silver tongue will be of great use I feel. I shall act as back-up in case things get grim. Brutalitops-um, do you have anything against mingling with the locals and find out what you can about the bandits roaming the area?", Al-Ashir asked politely.

Status

Spoiler

Edited by Morfeus, 12 May 2016 - 10:57 AM.

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#18 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:44 AM

Brutalitops scans the 4 men and the dwarf, "They seem jolly enough. Go ahead and deal with..." his eyes fell on the rugged man, a glint of wariness in his eyes, "Sir Monde."

Brutalitops moves closer to the other table slowly, trying to discern what they're talking about.

"Gentlemen, any room for another player?" he attempts to display the most charming smile he can muster --- if ever he had one. 

Spoiler

Edited by GintaMan, 12 May 2016 - 01:27 PM.

tiM4Zrr.gif

#19 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12593 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:29 AM

One of the older man looked up at Brutalitops and sneered. A scar ran from the top of his face down past where his right eye would have been if he still had one. His breath stank of alcohol.

"Do they even play cards where you're from, darkie? I thought all you fuckers did was abandon your children and worship lizards."

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH," yelled the humans in unison. They doubled over in laughter and joined in insulting Brutalitops. The dwarf, on the other hand, was not amused by the scarred man's words. He smashed his jug and reached over the table, grabbing the scarred man by the collar. He glared at the scarred man's remaining eye and said "Get out."

The scarred man's eye widened in dismay. "Ferrin..."

"I SAID GET OUT," bellowed the dwarf, pushing the scarred man off his char and onto the table. "GET OUT ALL OF YOU. DON'T MAKE ME GET MY AXE."

The humans picked up their comrade and drew small swords from the back of their shirts. They were eager to test the dwarf's strength. The scarred man raised a hand and motioned for them to stop. His face was full of regret as he spoke softly. "Ya know what those darkies did to us, Ferrin."

"I don't care," growled Ferrin. "The Ravens do not discriminate. Neither do I."

The scarred man shrugged his shoulders in disappointment, and said "You'll know when it holds a knife to you. Don come cryin' to me. Can't trust fuckers who dun even have family." He made his way to the exit with his companions.

#20 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:44 AM

Brutalitops suddenly snapped out of his trance. Things happened too fast, he just fell into a daze. Though he can't remember how he reached his gnarly staff. He was gripping it too hard, his palms got nicked a bit. 

"Well, I guess more room for players?" he said, in an attempt to make light of what happened.

"Looks like I'm not welcome here, sorry..." he tries to remember his name, "Ferrin, right? Thank you for your help. If I can abuse your kindness further, I'm actually gathering some information about some dark elves who prowl around as bandits. Would you mind if you can tell me more about what happened to those humans?" Brutalitops skeptically asks.

Things already turned sour, might as well salvage something out of it.  

Spoiler STATS

Edited by GintaMan, 13 May 2016 - 07:56 AM.

tiM4Zrr.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users