Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:01 PM

http://i.imgur.com/tBRBbvR.jpg...

She is murdering someone isn't she...

I can't wait for the Justin Law reveal on her, murdering because that is what God told her to do.

God, I hope not. She's one of my favorites (well....Favorites based solely on design anyway)

65b30ce3-3f90-4da7-842e-2d9862561036_zps

#442 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

ḫ̢̢̦̻̮̬̙̣̊̃̆̈́̈́̏̒́̓ǭ̛͙̝̱̘͖̘̖̒̈́̔̈́͋̈́͝ͅp̢̺̙̮̯͓̙͈̹͌͌̾͋̋͆̐̍͘ȇ̆̉͌̕͝

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

I also like her design, she is too cheerful.

That is the problem.

They make the less likely to murder into insanos (hurr durr Mikan) while the most likely to be a murderer is the chillest and safest person in the group (Kuzuryuu and now the tennis player)

HxdkfRK.gif

“Just like a single bullet setting off a world war, despair has the power to throw this world into chaos!”

#443 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

@Insane Soul I had seen the demo, yeah

Things I'll like to remark on:

Basic features

• The new conversation format, namely keeping Kaede onscreen and hearing her speak, is actually mighty charming. In the past, keeping Naegi and Hinata quiet made them blander and treated them as just Tsukkomi-bots, but with the new format, it gives Kaede more personality. Just seeing her distress gets a kick out of me.
  • Speaking of which, don't know if it's because of the new format, but Kaede looks even more uncomfortable with her new classmates than Hinata was with the DR2 cast
  • Beautiful Lie is absolutely great. Will this be the "New Morning" soundtrack or the "Free Time" soundtrack I wonder?
  • Apparently Kaede has the same height as Kirigiri, while Kibo has the same as Naegi
  • The Report Cards this time outright state the Chest Size for all the characters (numbers not alphabets mind you). For those who care, Kaede ranks 2nd among the girls
  • Even if it's only for the Demo, I think it's neat that Kaede woke up in the same way that Naegi did in DR1

Characters

• Rantarou has "Extraterritoriality" under his "Likes" on his Report Card. Could his Talent be law or politics-related then?
  • People gave Koizumi a lot of flak for being a man-hater when she really isn't one. Let's see what the reception will be with Tenko then. Heck, with Kaede as our lead, I can't see her having any resolution on this front even with Free Time.
  • On the Report Cards screen, the girls are positioned all to the left of the screen while the boys are positioned to the right. Saihara is placed right in the middle between the two groups.
  • Speaking of whom, Saihara almost seems uneasy when people start turning towards him as the Detective. Perhaps a lack of confidence is what differentiates him from Kirigiri?
  • I had chalked Shirogane to be like Fukawa once she gets into tailor-mode, but it's nice to see she has some Sonia-esque grace to her

Gameplay

• I think the new transition between locations is stylish
  • Good on Spike Chunsoft for improving the tutorials for the different Trial mechanics
  • Shame we didn't get to hear the Heat Up theme
  • Brain Drive ... what the heck. Logic Dive was cool, but this one is just plain weird
  • I wonder if there's some sort of Karma system for the Lie Bullets. Like, maybe one doesn't have to use Lie Bullets, but choosing to use them leads to branches and consequences.

Others

• I'm worried that the Opening might've spoiled me on one of the Executions
  • I'm still wondering what that deal with Kaede having a neuro-dome-contraption on her means. Is she going to be the center of an amnesia/memory manipulation twist?
  • I wonder if the whole Truth and Lie deal will play into the twist/ultimatum of V3

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#444 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:41 PM

Still haven't seen a single trailer. It was because of laziness at first but now it's just because I don't want a single potential spoiler. Like every DR game, I wanna go into this completely blind lol

65b30ce3-3f90-4da7-842e-2d9862561036_zps

#445 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:36 PM

After seeing V3's Opening, I think I might have an idea of what Spike Chunsoft wants to do with this game.

One of the themes of this game is "Truth and Lies", and when you add the following:

1. The "Gifted Inmates Academy"
  2. The OP with all the characters having a "shadow lying self"
  3. Fresh memories of the twist with the DR2 cast

I bet the company wants to induce suspicion towards the characters screw with the "faith" of the players. Like, their ability to trust the V3 cast and whatnot.

If the Lie Bullets are optional, and if the players still want to use them, that'll in turn make the players feel more unease towards Kaede.

Like, as the game goes on, the company wants to make the V3 cast more and more dubious.

Then at the ultimatum of the game, players are forced to make a choice: to put their trust in the characters, or to doubt them and send them to their fates

Maybe, Spike Chunsoft will even sow in a "fake news/information" theme into the story that further incriminates the students, which'll be more susceptible due to the already shaky trust in the cast.

Perhaps that's why the new conversation format is so important: by actually seeing and hearing Kaede, we players will always be assured of some genuineness out of her.

• Insane Soul and Goddess Nike like this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#446 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

Okay I am back home, I will post all the goods I have seen tomorrow, but for now

Playlist is up

• Goddess Nike likes this

HxdkfRK.gif

“Just like a single bullet setting off a world war, despair has the power to throw this world into chaos!”

#447 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

Sorry for the long wait

Remnants Sketches

Mirai's Height Chart

Underwear (SFW)

Mirai Hen's translated PT1

Edited by Insane Soul, 30 December 2016 - 03:22 PM.

HxdkfRK.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users