Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:01 PM

http://i.imgur.com/tBRBbvR.jpg...

She is murdering someone isn't she...

I can't wait for the Justin Law reveal on her, murdering because that is what God told her to do.

God, I hope not. She's one of my favorites (well....Favorites based solely on design anyway)

#442 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Tamamo Shark?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

I also like her design, she is too cheerful.

That is the problem.

They make the less likely to murder into insanos (hurr durr Mikan) while the most likely to be a murderer is the chillest and safest person in the group (Kuzuryuu and now the tennis player)

#443 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

@Insane Soul I had seen the demo, yeah

Things I'll like to remark on:

Basic features

• The new conversation format, namely keeping Kaede onscreen and hearing her speak, is actually mighty charming. In the past, keeping Naegi and Hinata quiet made them blander and treated them as just Tsukkomi-bots, but with the new format, it gives Kaede more personality. Just seeing her distress gets a kick out of me.
  • Speaking of which, don't know if it's because of the new format, but Kaede looks even more uncomfortable with her new classmates than Hinata was with the DR2 cast
  • Beautiful Lie is absolutely great. Will this be the "New Morning" soundtrack or the "Free Time" soundtrack I wonder?
  • Apparently Kaede has the same height as Kirigiri, while Kibo has the same as Naegi
  • The Report Cards this time outright state the Chest Size for all the characters (numbers not alphabets mind you). For those who care, Kaede ranks 2nd among the girls
  • Even if it's only for the Demo, I think it's neat that Kaede woke up in the same way that Naegi did in DR1

Characters

• Rantarou has "Extraterritoriality" under his "Likes" on his Report Card. Could his Talent be law or politics-related then?
  • People gave Koizumi a lot of flak for being a man-hater when she really isn't one. Let's see what the reception will be with Tenko then. Heck, with Kaede as our lead, I can't see her having any resolution on this front even with Free Time.
  • On the Report Cards screen, the girls are positioned all to the left of the screen while the boys are positioned to the right. Saihara is placed right in the middle between the two groups.
  • Speaking of whom, Saihara almost seems uneasy when people start turning towards him as the Detective. Perhaps a lack of confidence is what differentiates him from Kirigiri?
  • I had chalked Shirogane to be like Fukawa once she gets into tailor-mode, but it's nice to see she has some Sonia-esque grace to her

Gameplay

• I think the new transition between locations is stylish
  • Good on Spike Chunsoft for improving the tutorials for the different Trial mechanics
  • Shame we didn't get to hear the Heat Up theme
  • Brain Drive ... what the heck. Logic Dive was cool, but this one is just plain weird
  • I wonder if there's some sort of Karma system for the Lie Bullets. Like, maybe one doesn't have to use Lie Bullets, but choosing to use them leads to branches and consequences.

Others

• I'm worried that the Opening might've spoiled me on one of the Executions
  • I'm still wondering what that deal with Kaede having a neuro-dome-contraption on her means. Is she going to be the center of an amnesia/memory manipulation twist?
  • I wonder if the whole Truth and Lie deal will play into the twist/ultimatum of V3

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#444 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:41 PM

Still haven't seen a single trailer. It was because of laziness at first but now it's just because I don't want a single potential spoiler. Like every DR game, I wanna go into this completely blind lol

#445 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:36 PM

After seeing V3's Opening, I think I might have an idea of what Spike Chunsoft wants to do with this game.

One of the themes of this game is "Truth and Lies", and when you add the following:

1. The "Gifted Inmates Academy"
  2. The OP with all the characters having a "shadow lying self"
  3. Fresh memories of the twist with the DR2 cast

I bet the company wants to induce suspicion towards the characters screw with the "faith" of the players. Like, their ability to trust the V3 cast and whatnot.

If the Lie Bullets are optional, and if the players still want to use them, that'll in turn make the players feel more unease towards Kaede.

Like, as the game goes on, the company wants to make the V3 cast more and more dubious.

Then at the ultimatum of the game, players are forced to make a choice: to put their trust in the characters, or to doubt them and send them to their fates

Maybe, Spike Chunsoft will even sow in a "fake news/information" theme into the story that further incriminates the students, which'll be more susceptible due to the already shaky trust in the cast.

Perhaps that's why the new conversation format is so important: by actually seeing and hearing Kaede, we players will always be assured of some genuineness out of her.

• Insane Soul and Goddess Nike like this

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

#446 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Tamamo Shark?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

Okay I am back home, I will post all the goods I have seen tomorrow, but for now

Playlist is up

• Goddess Nike likes this

#447 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Tamamo Shark?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

Sorry for the long wait

Remnants Sketches

Mirai's Height Chart

Underwear (SFW)

Mirai Hen's translated PT1

Edited by Insane Soul, 30 December 2016 - 03:22 PM.

#448 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

Word of caution: V3 is now out in Japan, but there's a lot of erroneous spoilers being circulated right now, so avoid them please.

The game mechanics this time are good though. You now get an Eagle Vision of sorts for the Investigation Phase, and the mini-games in the Class Trials are well-balanced. The new Scrum Debate in particular is highly-regarded.

• Goddess Nike likes this

#449 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

I've been deliberately avoiding anything Danganronpa related in order to avoid possible spoilers for V3 so I didn't even realize that the Komaeda OVA was already out.

It wasn't long enough for me but I knew going in that it would only be the length of a single episode, still I think 45 mins would've been ideal. As far as the content it was pretty good for the time it had and the interactions between certain characters were nice to see but that only makes me wish we got see the DR2 cast in the despair arc even more. :facepalm:

I had long since cemented all of my DR2 pairings but this is making me reconsider switching from Sonia x Gundam to Sonia x Souda  :psyduck:  

Edited by Goddess Nike, 25 January 2017 - 08:28 PM.

• Kid Frost likes this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#450 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Tamamo Shark?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

Is it out subbed?

#451 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

Yeah it is

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#452 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Tamamo Shark?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

Neato, I am struggling to not get V3 spoiled...

this will keep my sanity in check until it comes in the west.

#453 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

Someone on Youtube has been subbing the game. Unfortunately, they haven't made it very far yet :P

#454 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

Someone on Youtube has been subbing the game. Unfortunately, they haven't made it very far yet :P

Apparently Google Translate was used, so I don't trust its quality

#455 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Tamamo Shark?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

You know you have hit rock bottom, when you are actually having dreams of trying to not get spoiled.

• Blue22 likes this

#456 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

Apparently Google Translate was used, so I don't trust its quality

I was thinking the same thing when I started watching it, buuuut...it's actually not bad. I'm not entirely sure how accurate it is since I'm not fluent in Japanese but after watching the first three parts, everything made sense and there wasn't really anything to suggest that it was run through a language translator with questionable accuracy. Everything was grammatically correct. Every word was used correctly. The story was easy enough to understand (or as easy as DR stories can be).

I think he did more than run it through google translate. I'd wager there was some personal editing as well because it turned out way too clean.

You know you have hit rock bottom, when you are actually having dreams of trying to not get spoiled.

The first execution might have been spoiled for me already. Fucking youtube thumbnails -_____-

Edited by Blue22, 31 January 2017 - 03:43 PM.

#457 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,741 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

I think he did more than run it through google translate. I'd wager there was some personal editing as well because it turned out way too clean.

That doesn't mean it's accurate it just means it sounds good. Have you ever google translated a japanese web page? It's largely gibberish with a few recognizable phrases. If he just took those and extrapolated the story from there it doesn't really make it good.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#458 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

That doesn't mean it's accurate it just means it sounds good. Have you ever google translated a japanese web page? It's largely gibberish with a few recognizable phrases. If he just took those and extrapolated the story from there it doesn't really make it good.

I already said I'm not sure how accurate it is. For now, at least sounding like it could be correct is enough for me. Kinda made myself too impatient to wait for the dub after watching the first part :P

Edited by Blue22, 31 January 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#459 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Tamamo Shark?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:28 AM

So I watched Komaeda's episode.

I am going to say that, even if it didn't last longer (WHY HINATA) the interactions of Souda with Sonia were truly enjoyable, as someone who liked Souda since SDR2 it was nice to see him happy.

No matter the world, Kuzuryuu will remain as best bro and one of the best danganronpa characters.

I wish the episode lasted longer though, or that we had a few moments with them after waking up, but was good nonetheless.

• Kid Frost likes this

#460 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

Kazuichi reminded me way too much of Yasuhiro for my liking. Both were characters I found extremely annoying. Both were characters that I felt should have died in someone else's place (totally not just saying that because I'm a Sonia/Gundham shipper :P).

In fact...the more I think about it. There were a lot of similarities (both big and small) between the survivors of the first game the survivors of the second (All except for Kyoko...well...kinda. I guess AI Chiaki could count). I wonder if that was done on purpose....

*starts making guesses about who will survive V3*

Edited by Blue22, 08 February 2017 - 05:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users