#241 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,932 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:27 AM

It was in a blog, IIRC.

I see. Well, have to dig those blog posts on wikia again, tch

When are new pockets given? Every floor?

Nah. Ren said the E-rank pockets can only make contract with the Guardian/Administrator up to 40th Floor. Of course, he only talked about making contract. Maybe other functions like clock and whatever can still be used on higher-than-40th Floors.

Not given. You have to buy them LOL Bam doesn't have to worry since he has Yuri's A-rank pocket but the others...

And I remember Yu Hansung's pocket is red and looks like a wing or something. There can be cooler designs out there.

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#242 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

http://towerofgod.wi...iki/Yu_Han_Sung

Fabolous ft Trey Songz "All There"

Spoiler

#243 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,932 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:35 AM

I don't see where it says YHS is a man. They may just use ''he'' for generic purpose.

#244 tewwo

tewwo

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationKabuki District

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

Im pretty sure the gender of Yu Han Sung was revealed in a blog post, but i dont know which one.

But if you google "Yu Han Sung man woman" you can find a few results (forums, instagram) with people talking about his gender and saying, that he is a trap.

I have found it :)

original:

http://comic.naver.c...Id=183559&no=80

translation:

http://i.imgur.com/mOHu90B.jpg

oh, it is chapter 79. :D

Edited by tewwo, 13 December 2016 - 03:29 PM.

• Fulmine and Doan like this

#245 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,932 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

Im pretty sure the gender of Yu Han Sung was revealed in a blog post, but i dont know which one.

But if you google "Yu Han Sung man woman" you can find a few results (forums, instagram) with people talking about his gender and saying, that he is a trap.

I have found it :)

original:

http://comic.naver.c...Id=183559&no=80

translation:

http://i.imgur.com/mOHu90B.jpg

oh, it is chapter 79. :D

Awesome! Thanks. And what is SIU's answer for the second question? Will ToG ever be published in volumes?

#246 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,932 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:09 AM

Oh, a question: I know ToG is one of the most popular webtoon in South Korea but exactly where is it ranked? The most popular hands down? Top 3? Top 5? Top 10? How is it compared to Noblesse?

#247 strixflash

strixflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:26 PM

Oh, a question: I know ToG is one of the most popular webtoon in South Korea but exactly where is it ranked? The most popular hands down? Top 3? Top 5? Top 10? How is it compared to Noblesse?

Last I checked it was on top...ahead of Noblesse.
banner.gif

#248 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:25 AM

no chapter this week?

Spoiler

#249 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,932 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

no chapter this week?

There is. You can just go to Line Webtoon to read directly if no one bothers to link

Anw, here:

• DarkNemesis and Doan like this

#250 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,304 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

I think this may be the first chapter where I've actually liked Rachel. Only because she's dropped so much knowledge. And this is gonna have people going back to the beginning and reread everything.

It's interesting that Rachel knew so much about Zahard, Wangnan, the 13 month series, and the rings. Even if she's associated with FUG, I'm surprised she knows that much.

Now Karaka is a potential son of Zahard. The little Jahad Princess from the beginning of this season could be looking for Wangnan or Karaka.

Also, the Black March's synergy with Baam is also now in question. It rejected Yuri initially.

And now everyone is getting power up training. Exciting times.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#251 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,932 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:47 AM

Well, Headon may have told her. Or her background has to do with it. It's among my 5 questions in the previous pages. Rachel's origin should be special. Maybe her clan/family is doomed to guard Bam, another ''prince'' of Jahad and that would bring new meaning to her ''Bam took everything away from me''. Or her ancestors are related to the tower's making.

SIU is being secretive despite the fact that current info kinda points to an obvious theory: Jahad had sons (well, given how big the tower is I'm not surprised there's bound to be some (amazing?) women who can make him give his seeds) and due to some reasons, he doesn't like boys (sounds like some sort of Greek Myth situation. You know, self-fulfilling prophecy and all that. Isn't there someone in Greek Myth who killed his father and marry his own mother?) so he tried to erase them or something. He can't have blood daughter either and hence the Princess system is born. But might just be red herring and reverse psychology.

#252 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,304 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

Wasn't Anak Jahad born in the Floor of Death or was that somewhere else?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#253 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

Wow, Rachel is the ultimate recruiter! It's like FUG gave her all the info she needed and just let her loose. 

Well, Headon may have told her. Or her background has to do with it. It's among my 5 questions in the previous pages. Rachel's origin should be special. Maybe her clan/family is doomed to guard Bam, another ''prince'' of Jahad and that would bring new meaning to her ''Bam took everything away from me''. Or her ancestors are related to the tower's making.

SIU is being secretive despite the fact that current info kinda points to an obvious theory: Jahad had sons (well, given how big the tower is I'm not surprised there's bound to be some (amazing?) women who can make him give his seeds) and due to some reasons, he doesn't like boys (sounds like some sort of Greek Myth situation. You know, self-fulfilling prophecy and all that. Isn't there someone in Greek Myth who killed his father and marry his own mother?) so he tried to erase them or something. He can't have blood daughter either and hence the Princess system is born. But might just be red herring and reverse psychology.

Yea, you're talking about Oedipus. And that's a pretty good theory as it fits pretty well so far. The question now is how many brothers are there? The potentials so far are: Baam, Wangnan and Karaka. Anyone else? Also does this mean that Wangnan is an irregular?

#254 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,304 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:02 PM

Wangnan is a regular right? He was born in the tower. Though, is Rachel a regular or irregular?

Prince of the 'Red Light District'... was his mother of resident of the red light district? Did Zahard have them thrown into the FoD?

I wonder why male children of Zahard are exceptions from the immortality rule.

Spoiler

#255 Luffy_PK

Luffy_PK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:31 PM

Maybe the sons are actually blood-related. And the princesses obviously are not. I dunno, there are a lot of ways this could go. That guy in the last panel looked really strong too. This webtoo is just amazing

#256 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:47 PM

Well that was an informative chapter , does Endrossi know that Yuri is a princess as well?

Spoiler

#257 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:35 PM

If we're talking about Greek mythology perhaps it's better to look to the Gods. Uranus one of the early Gods had his children imprisoned in Tartarus (Hell) and their mother Gaia (who's also Uranus's mother) tasked her sons to castrate him with a sickle she made, only her youngest son Cronus was was willing and he succeeded. Cronus became the new king and he then ate his children, his wife Rhea saved her last child Zeus by tricking Cronus and when Zeus was old enough he defeated his father and freed his brothers and sisters from his stomach. Seems like a better match to me.

Wasn't Anak Jahad born in the Floor of Death or was that somewhere else?

She wasn't born there but she was taken there after her mother was hunted down and killed.

Wangnan is a regular right? He was born in the tower. Though, is Rachel a regular or irregular?

Prince of the 'Red Light District'... was his mother of resident of the red light district? Did Zahard have them thrown into the FoD?

I wonder why male children of Zahard are exceptions from the immortality rule.

I still think Rachel is an Irregular,.

Well that was an informative chapter , does Endrossi know that Yuri is a princess as well?

Of course she does, everybody does. Yuri is quite a famous princess.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 19 December 2016 - 11:36 PM.

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#258 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,932 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:39 AM

If we're talking about Greek mythology perhaps it's better to look to the Gods. Uranus one of the early Gods had his children imprisoned in Tartarus (Hell) and their mother Gaia (who's also Uranus's mother) tasked her sons to castrate him with a sickle she made, only her youngest son Cronus was was willing and he succeeded. Cronus became the new king and he then ate his children, his wife Rhea saved her last child Zeus by tricking Cronus and when Zeus was old enough he defeated his father and freed his brothers and sisters from his stomach. Seems like a better match to me.

Oh sure, but the details are secondary. I just threw that out off the top of my head. Point is as long as there's a reason for Jahad to be afraid of male offsprings, be it self-fulfilling prophecy, a pact with the Guardians (like how Bloodmadder uses his children's life span to add to his own, Jahad may have made a pact that in exchange for power/special ability he will be defeated by his own sons if he ever has one) or whatever.

Wow, Rachel is the ultimate recruiter! It's like FUG gave her all the info she needed and just let her loose. 

Yea, you're talking about Oedipus. And that's a pretty good theory as it fits pretty well so far. The question now is how many brothers are there? The potentials so far are: Baam, Wangnan and Karaka. Anyone else? Also does this mean that Wangnan is an irregular?

So we will see a MILF added into Bam's harem, right? :lolxg:

I still think Rachel is an Irregular,.

Also does this mean that Wangnan is an irregular?

Didn't SIU confirm Rachel is an Irregular? At least the wikia says so. It's just that she's different from other known Irregulars. She wasn't chosen by the Tower and rode on Bam's arrival (though I am not sure Phantaminum is chosen. He's so strong he could have jumped to anywhere he wants if his Axis is that kind of power)

As for Wangnan, he should be like other 10 Families's children. One of their parents (the 10 Heads) may be Irregulars but they were born inside the tower under the Jahad Empire so they are Tower citizens. I think we need to see how Eurasia Enne Jahad and Ha Yurin and Ari Han's twins are called to know for sure because those are born from Irregulars only.

You see, I find the definitions of Regular and Irregular lacking so far. They only account for 2-3 situations:

-Regulars are those born inside the Tower and chosen by Headon

-Irregulars are those from outside and open the door themselves but still chosen by the Tower (assuming what Headon and that butler of Repellista said is true).

-Then among Irregular, Rachel is a special case because she was not chosen.

But then what about:

1. Those who were born inside the Tower like Regulars but not chosen by Headon and somehow force their way into the 1st Floor?

2. Like I said above, those who are born from Irregulars (both parents) inside the Tower and force their way like the first case?

3. Those who are born from Tower natives but let say for some reason, were brought to the outside and then get back in?

And some other scenarios I haven't thought of.

Which gets back to my 5 questions that I have upon rereading the 1st Floor content

1. How did Yuri know an Irregular just entered the Tower to ran down the stairs to see?

2. How come Bam, who should know nothing about Shinneuh, know of the way to beat it (stabbing the tongue making it paralyzed for seconds) in Headon test?

3. Like I said in the previous post above, if Rachel is an irregular who is supposed to come from outside the tower, how come she knows a lot about it? This and question 4 go together

4. Are Bam and Rachel really outsiders to the Tower?

5. Who the hell is Black March's soul?

No 2, 3, 4 are crucial. We can just imagine Bam has good intuition. But let say Rachel taught him that in their time together. So it comes to question 3 and 4: Why do Rachel know so much when she is an Irregular? If she is outside, why does she need to go to the top of the Tower to see the stars? Can she just see them from where she is outside the tower? Frankly speaking Regular or Irregular, they are just labels characters in the story call each other. And characters can be wrong or deceptive. Unless we have Word of God, we wouldn't know. To people who don't know him, Bam is a Regular. So if that person talks to another person, he would call Bam a Regular and imagine we readers have been in that ''another person'''s perspective regarding many other characters. A lot of stuffs we know might turn out to be false (Clearly SIU can learn from Kubo the art of being vague and telling truth but hiding bits of info which may as well be lies)

Bam was in a dark place and the only thing we see from the hole Rachel went through to come down is light but that may as well be the sky inside the Tower. We never actually know if Bam and Rachel are from outside the Tower. It's just that Headon refers to them as such. And SIU's confirmation that both are Irregulars means little when there are scenarios the definitions don't cover as I listed above and we don't know exactly what kind of Irregulars they are.

So maybe Rachel is actually inside the Tower, the Outer part to be precise and that's why she yearns for real stars and knows a lot about the Tower. She's considered Irregular because she rode Bam's arrival into the Tower even though she was not chosen by Headon so she's either case 1 or 2 that I have mentioned above. And maybe her ancestors are all Irregulars that settled in the Tower which would strengthen her Irregular status and explain why she knows a bit more than the normal Tower natives. Maybe her ancestors, when outside, knew quite a bit about the Tower's history. As for why she's there with Bam...as I have guessed perhaps

her clan/family is doomed to guard Bam, another ''prince'' of Jahad and that would bring new meaning to her ''Bam took everything away from me''.

So basically Jahad knows her family (maybe from when they were outside) and for some reasons he picked them as prison guards for Bam and forced them to go stay at some corner of the Tower, without ever leaving and achieving dreams by climbing the Tower so that they would not leak info about Bam.

As for Bam, he is Jahad's son or something like that that were locked there. Perhaps that cave sits right at the boundary of the Tower and the outside world. That would make Bam ''from'' outside the Tower as well. Even more so if his Mom is also an Irregular so he has all the making of a classic Irregular: his blood is from outside and he's physically outside.

And we saw how Po Bidau Gustang was related to the whole Thorn-Workshop situation. Catfish even speculated he was the one who gave FUG the Thorn and Gustang was rumored to be the one who knows how to get out of the Tower (and Urek went to him to ask but left with headache LOL). He also knew about Prince of Jahad (can be both Bam and Wangnan or just one of them) and talked to someone about that through the radio. Gustang was Jahad's companions when they climbed the Tower and he's clearly the intelligent, planning type so...it isn't weird if he knows all of this. Maybe he disagreed with Jahad about the way he ruled the Tower (according to the Rice Steamer God of Guardians Jahad changed when on Hell Train) and cooperated with FUG (whose boss, Mirchia, also hate Jahad even though he climbed the Tower with Jahad and the 10 heads of 10 Great Families). So they staged the whole thing: Rachel and Bam's relationship, how they got in the Tower, giving Bam the Thorn. Then regarding my 1st question, maybe they plant someone to tell Yuri about Bam and make Yuri Bam's ally (as for why they know Yuri would like Bam...either special attraction between Jahad's son and Princess or they just know Yuri's taste). Then they turn Rachel into Bam's Itachi (just without revenge purpose) and make him climb the Tower to get stronger to defeat Jahad. Of course, all with Headon's help. Yu Han Sung heard about Rachel from Headon after all and Headon prepared Ghost for Rachel to climb the Tower. Headon did that because Jahad didn't meet the expectation of the Tower when it lets him and the 10 Great Families' Heads inside the Tower. So time for a change.

SIU should introduce ToG's Aizen soon if there's someone planning all this. But then again SIU said there are more revelations to be known if we want to predict the story so...the situation should be much more complicated.

#259 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

So we will see a MILF added into Bam's harem, right?

Haha that would be awesome! Then that can lead to Jahad's queen vs the princesses! The battle for Bam's heart! Since by then, Bam's harem will probly have at least few more princesses lol

#260 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

Why some people here think that Baam has also to do with Jahad?

Has anything happened in the past that suggests that apart from his compatibility with Black March?

Edited by Red Haired Shanks, 20 December 2016 - 10:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users