Photo

[Miscellaneous] Things You Probably Didn't Notice (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#121 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:01 AM

Why does Luffy have to fight her now? Two of her commanders are already defeated. He can just escape and fight her another time.

I really hope he doesn't fight her now. It means alot for me to see Luffy keeping a promise of not fighting and having the realization that fighting right now is reckless and serves no purpose in the grand scheme of his adventure.

#122 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:59 AM

Why does Luffy have to fight her now? Two of her commanders are already defeated. He can just escape and fight her another time.

Personally I just have no interest in the BM arc.

Kiadou is the strongest pirate
BB has two DF and is BB let's face it he is a big deal
Shanks, enough said, this man is going to be awesome when BB kills him or zoro/ luffy fights him

BM has no hype for me. Yes she is an emperor but what else does she have going for her? What makes her a unique threat?
She controls a lot of land? Well luffy seemed to just stroll in there fine.
She has the soul fruit? So did moria
She can control the weather? So can nami, and anything she can do will forever pale in comparison to what Enel did
She is a jerk? Like every enemy

I want BM to go down this arc so we never have to see her again.

To me BM will be like lucci. Maybe a lot of fans will be super hyped for her to come back. But I will never be impressed.

I really hope he doesn't fight her now. It means alot for me to see Luffy keeping a promise of not fighting and having the realization that fighting right now is reckless and serves no purpose in the grand scheme of his adventure.

Luffy also told Hancock he wouldn't cause a ruckus in ID

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#123 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

Personally I just have no interest in the BM arc.

Kiadou is the strongest pirate
BB has two DF and is BB let's face it he is a big deal
Shanks, enough said, this man is going to be awesome when BB kills him or zoro/ luffy fights him

BM has no hype for me. Yes she is an emperor but what else does she have going for her? What makes her a unique threat?
She controls a lot of land? Well luffy seemed to just stroll in there fine.
She has the soul fruit? So did moria
She can control the weather? So can nami, and anything she can do will forever pale in comparison to what Enel did
She is a jerk? Like every enemy

I want BM to go down this arc so we never have to see her again.

I finally understand why u always wanted to see BM defeated this arc. I was always curious and saw no real option (which i would not define as plot armor that is) that that would happen. But now i understand that u just consider her a waste of time as a charatcer, that makes it clear. 

Remember if she wont u got a lot of apologizing to do ;) 

Still all in all i like how the "magicworld" of hers is presented, so far Oda really showed us that he is an author with quite some imagination, even though some things repeated in this arc too, all in all i somehow have the feeling that the current arc differs from the others, partly because of the creativeness in DF and character design (honeslty concerning the last point i think Oda has never put so much variety into this number of characters).

Sadly Sanjis presentation sucks, even though there are many  things that seem to justify his behavior much like @Sanji the poster presented, i still am very disappointed that this lack of awesomeness from Sanji has continued since TS up until now. The year of sanji made me expect him to show what he has been up to during TS, sadly up until now nothing worth mentioning has been shown (except sky and blue walk but this aint enough, the only thing that made him shine so far was him knowing about the feelings of woman (Violet and Tashigi thing)).

#124 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:49 AM

@capu

Got to have patience young one. Luffy was being toyed with by a Doflamingo clone and saved by the Jett and Abdul pair or whatever their name was mid Dressrosa, it was the end of the arc when we got to see G4 and him kicking ass.

And about the "awesome", i guess that depends on what you find awesome. Since the time skip Sanji :

Fought as an at least equal partner alongside the Shichibukai Jimbe, The Knight of the Sea.

Took it upon himself to save Kinemon and recovered his body, opening the path to them learning about the Poneglyphs on Zou after Kinemon revealed himself to the minks.

Protected the marines and Tashigi from Vergo, pushing back Doflamingo's strongest subordinate.

Convinced Violet to side with the SH's, allowing them to get vital information about Doflamingo's plans, and ensue her help through the rest of the arc.

Protected the SH's from certain death, holding back someone like Doflamingo, while completely unaware of his oponents hax abilities.

Took lead of half the crew, damaging and escaping one of Big Mom's ships.

Made short work out of Jack's top subordinate on Zou, and swiftly chased away his remaining forces from the island.

Saved the Minks, a milenial civilization from extinction, which allowed the SH's to get the vital information about the Road Poneglyphs from them.

Shielded the Minks from a war with Big Mom by leading Capone away from them for their meeting.

In spite of Nami and Chopper not properly following his orders, he still managed to save his crewmates from being captured and delivered to Big Mom by Capone,.

There were a few hiccups and annoyances here and there, but he's been pretty awesome in my book when you look at the whole picture.

Edited by Sanji, 07 December 2016 - 12:06 PM.

• eemo23 likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#125 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

I finally understand why u always wanted to see BM defeated this arc. I was always curious and saw no real option (which i would not define as plot armor that is) that that would happen. But now i understand that u just consider her a waste of time as a charatcer, that makes it clear.
Remember if she wont u got a lot of apologizing to do ;)

Still all in all i like how the "magicworld" of hers is presented, so far Oda really showed us that he is an author with quite some imagination, even though some things repeated in this arc too, all in all i somehow have the feeling that the current arc differs from the others, partly because of the creativeness in DF and character design (honeslty concerning the last point i think Oda has never put so much variety into this number of characters).
Sadly Sanjis presentation sucks, even though there are many things that seem to justify his behavior much like @Sanji the poster presented, i still am very disappointed that this lack of awesomeness from Sanji has continued since TS up until now. The year of sanji made me expect him to show what he has been up to during TS, sadly up until now nothing worth mentioning has been shown (except sky and blue walk but this aint enough, the only thing that made him shine so far was him knowing about the feelings of woman (Violet and Tashigi thing)).

Yes I held off on judgement for a long time, but now I feel like it is finally time, there is nothing more to BM then a normal villain. You could take away the emperor title and she would be any other villain, so why would I want to come back to a moria arc? Or a crocodile arc? Or a hodi arc?
Shanks and BB have so much exposure we are waiting on the edge of our seats for them, and kiadou is the strongest so he gets a pass, but BM is just another villain with a lot of influence. so I have no desire to see more of her.

But I also do stand by what I said many chapters ago, if luffy can't take down an emperor now then we have a problem. From the looks BM appears to be the weakest and her forces are near depleted... if luffy can't take her on where is he going to go? Fight kiadou the strongest emperor?

Oh ya I will have a lot of apologizing to do. I won't even rant about it either, I promise I won't complain about how stupid it is that we would then have to see more of BM or anything else

Oh also go back and reread chapter 847, like the second thing luffy does is ask to fight her

banner.png

#126 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

Yes I held off on judgement for a long time, but now I feel like it is finally time, there is nothing more to BM then a normal villain. You could take away the emperor title and she would be any other villain, so why would I want to come back to a moria arc? Or a crocodile arc? Or a hodi arc?
Shanks and BB have so much exposure we are waiting on the edge of our seats for them, and kiadou is the strongest so he gets a pass, but BM is just another villain with a lot of influence. so I have no desire to see more of her.

But I also do stand by what I said many chapters ago, if luffy can't take down an emperor now then we have a problem. From the looks BM appears to be the weakest and her forces are near depleted... if luffy can't take her on where is he going to go? Fight kiadou the strongest emperor?

I always hopef for there to be a yonkou who himself aint a power house or even a fighter at all. I thought that it would be most awesome, that despite him having a crew able to stand toe to toe with the others , including the yonkou himself, but the leader of that 1 yonkou crew to be a tactitian and genuis when it comes to economices. I also hoped that he/she would be  just such an awesome gang leader with lots of brains who does not only have the knowledge about everything but also actively use it to stir war and being responsible him/herself for pitting the WG and the other yonkou as well as the RA against one another, as to say to start a war between them by pulling the strings from behind, while not being linked to any of it, and on the outside just stand watching, while on the inside taken them out all at once. Sadly i dont see such behavior in any yonkou crew. BM might be knowledgable, but the amount of it is not what i would define as special among her position.  

I dont have a problem with them to "just" take out fleets of a yonkou first , like taking out Jack and his entire feet, powering up through that, then start going against the rest. Honestly if the SHs r able to singlehandedly defeat a yonkou already all the hype they have got would have been unjustified imo. 

Edited by capu, 07 December 2016 - 01:41 PM.

#127 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:14 PM

I always hopef for there to be a yonkou who himself aint a power house or even a fighter at all. I thought that it would be most awesome, that despite him having a crew able to stand toe to toe with the others , including the yonkou himself, but the leader of that 1 yonkou crew to be a tactitian and genuis when it comes to economices. I also hoped that he/she would be just such an awesome gang leader with lots of brains who does not only have the knowledge about everything but also actively use it to stir war and being responsible him/herself for pitting the WG and the other yonkou as well as the RA against one another, as to say to start a war between them by pulling the strings from behind, while not being linked to any of it, and on the outside just stand watching, while on the inside taken them out all at once. Sadly i dont see such behavior in any yonkou crew. BM might be knowledgable, but the amount of it is not what i would define as special among her position.

I dont have a problem with them to "just" take out fleets of a yonkou first , like taking out Jack and his entire feet, powering up through that, then start going against the rest. Honestly if the SHs r able to singlehandedly defeat a yonkou already all the hype they have got would have been unjustified imo.

You know I never thought about that, the problem is people like buggy and .......cp9 guy.... spandam! Those two kinda gave the weak strategist a bad name really. In such a dog eat dog world a truely weak empreror would need crew members with the loyalty of luffy's plus DD's. I mean Capone is planing....something, but if he is planning taking BM out from the inside like I think he is then such an emperor would be kinda in trouble.

But you know me I take characters off my list of favorites if they are too weak, so that is just my view.

As for the SH taking out fleets, this is actually a problem the crew will run into if they don't take out BM now. The age old problem with OP..... luffy still doesn't kill people. For luffy to take out a fleet his way, well jack will just get up after the dust has settled and he will be back by kiadou's right hand ready for luffy when he dare attack kiadou. and if luffy had a hard time taking him down the first time.... we'll be probably will the second time. (Unless we get a time skip)

Unrelated--
Oh and I never really pointed this out but I can't think of a better time, to everyone who considered emperor top commanders on the top level with emperors and admirals, crackers is down jack is down, my man Jesus was taken down. Marco was a joke jozu got near no offense in. Snacks was killed. Good thing I for one never had hope for them...

Edited by captain kidd, 07 December 2016 - 02:15 PM.

banner.png

#128 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

So It turnes out luffy has a face book page.....

And it has 10% the followers Donald trump has take that losers! Trump for PK 2024 (the year he leaves the office of president, president is more important)

banner.png

#129 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:46 PM

As for the SH taking out fleets, this is actually a problem the crew will run into if they don't take out BM now. The age old problem with OP..... luffy still doesn't kill people. For luffy to take out a fleet his way, well jack will just get up after the dust has settled and he will be back by kiadou's right hand ready for luffy when he dare attack kiadou. and if luffy had a hard time taking him down the first time.... we'll be probably will the second time. (Unless we get a time skip)

Ye this is one problem i see too, not so much with the other yonkou crews, but certainly with Kaidou, since that one has a lot of Zoans , and since we know the regentime of awakened Zoan is like 10 secs. I too find it hard to understand as to what Oda has planned. After some thinking about this (was before we knew of Sanji and BM, but when we already knew that he left, just not why) i came up with the idea that in Wano they will just be defeated this often (all SHs except Sanji), by the regenerated Zoan that their haki and there stamina (all physical stats in generel and everything else that counts as fighting prowess, so including new techs) will just be so superior that those reinforcements wont be making a difference anymore.  :shrug: But since my thought on how all this would turn out (Shs sans Sanji go for Wano) actually turned out to be enitrely false ...ye hmh.... sh** happens  B)

Of course after Wano i had hoped that we wont go straight for Kaidou but finally get a fight vs KAH alliance (for that could have been another power up i mean SHs+Heart vs Kidd+Hawkins+OnAir pirates would have been the best thing to happen imo), but look at what Oda did to me.....ruining that alliance......damn u Oda

Although i hope he will let the SHs confront another SN alliance, like (Buggy+) Capone+Bonney+Urouge(minus 1 u can choose) vs (Heart+)SHs

Should ask in the power lvls threat as to how u guys see the power compared to all other SN, i for certain see the SHs on top, with a bit of a distance even. 

Edited by capu, 07 December 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#130 rocconorth

rocconorth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

My boy...

33blugz.jpg

...Oda's getting Pandaman back into frequent rotation!

• retroluffy13 and eemo23 like this

6acf83134634515.jpg

Highschool of the Dead...you know you love it!

#131 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

Pretty sure that someone here mentioned back then, that Pedro had both eyes during the Jack fight...

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#132 Oben

Oben

there were no malfunctions

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,439 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:20 PM

Pretty sure that someone here mentioned back then, that Pedro had both eyes during the Jack fight...

Link?

#133 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot...1-693950-19.jpg

i dont know if that if the first time you see pedro but it looks like that eye is kinda there..... IDK

i am not the one who said that, but it wouldn't surprise me if Oda retconned something else

banner.png

#134 bp.luffy.gr

bp.luffy.gr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

[post='']http://mangastream.c...ece/849/3874/17[/post]  Big Man using Promethious guy to blow up the door. Top left panel. Flames in front her lips.

Edited by bp.luffy.gr, 09 December 2016 - 11:20 AM.

#135 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

My boy...

http://oi66.tinypic.com/33blugz.jpg...

...Oda's getting Pandaman back into frequent rotation!

Wish he could do the same for a lot of the strawhats...

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#136 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:26 AM

Guys, isn't Chopper supposed to become completely useless after monster point? That was a bit of a waste LOL

• eemo23 likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#137 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

Guys, isn't Chopper supposed to become completely useless after monster point? That was a bit of a waste LOL

True, but perhaps he didn't want to take any chances with his surprise attack. It's possible that he could have used heavy point to take out the Crocodile since Carrot was taking out the others

But, you know, even though he isn't supposed to be a fighter, I think he still needs a power up. The strawhats will continue to fight enemies who are relatively as strong as BM's crew. 

I'd like to see more Brain Point in action - Perhaps a fight where he takes out someone stronger than him with smarts. 

Edited by eemo23, 10 December 2016 - 05:54 PM.

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#138 Oben

Oben

there were no malfunctions

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,439 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

He didn't use it for the full time (he slammed the Croc and reverted back immidiately after), so maybe the side-effects don't kick in as hard as if he were using it longer.

• Strobacaxi and Chillman like this

#139 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:36 AM

He didn't use it for the full time (he slammed the Croc and reverted back immidiately after), so maybe the side-effects don't kick in as hard as if he were using it longer.

Which implies that chopper has the ability to call the drugs off half way through its use.

I don't know I wish I could take heroin and after the injection say "you know what, I don't like these effects, drugs cancel"

Maybe chopper has a quick detox pill but that would be news to us.

banner.png

#140 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:08 AM

I just hope Oda doesn't pull a mega power up that came out of nowhere:

1) Luffy went from using Gear 4 for a limited amount of time on Dressrosa, to actually using it the entire time he fought Cracker! - We don't know this, but there's a chance this may have been the case right?

2) Chopper's drastic "3-time rumble ball usage or else he's immobilized" nerf just disappeared into thin air over the course of these few arcs post timeskip. 

• capu likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users