Photo

[Miscellaneous] Things You Probably Didn't Notice (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#141 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,629 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:37 AM

2) Chopper's drastic "3-time rumble ball usage or else he's immobilized" nerf just disappeared into thin air over the course of these few arcs post timeskip.

Maybe he improved thanks to TS

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#142 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

I just hope Oda doesn't pull a mega power up that came out of nowhere:

1) Luffy went from using Gear 4 for a limited amount of time on Dressrosa, to actually using it the entire time he fought Cracker! - We don't know this, but there's a chance this may have been the case right?

2) Chopper's drastic "3-time rumble ball usage or else he's immobilized" nerf just disappeared into thin air over the course of these few arcs post timeskip. 

1.) yes thats exactly what i believe too. With the difference though that i think that he no longer falls unconscious (at least not every single time), but instead is reverted to his normal gearless-self, thus without being able to use the advantages of each state, as well as missing the needed physical and mental strength to put up a real fight and being worn down of course. Cracker essentially stated that Luffy and co. ran for it quite often, and while there is a hight chance than Nami helped luffy "escape" each time, i dont think it would have been enough for her and the homies to outrun and defend against cracker solohandely the entire time while simultanously running from him. Thoough i believe that Nami used some kind of steam for easier escaping i also believe that Luffy himself was still able to move himself during that time, otherwise cracker should have been able to defeat nami and the homies in 11 hours time. 

in generel i think that the "adjustment" to an ability , meaning as to better control it while also lowering the sideeffects of the technique that Luffys lvl DD time < Luffy lvl Cracker time, otherwise i see no excuse which could explain how Cracker was unable to kill Luffy in his the 10 min unconscious time. 

2.) My reasoning above also should apply to chopper, or any other SH member, consequently i too think that he just needed time to adjust , he certainly could not use it for training purposes on the island he was on right away , without endangering those that live there, which he , as a kind person, would never do. Thus i think he concentrated on the knowledge part the island could provide him and only latter he started slowly learning how to control it, and because he had just recently used it 3 (4) times in a row (FI, (DR granted frankys "fault"), DR when holding the children back, WCI) i believe that he too has become better with it, as to lower the sideeffects.

Edited by capu, 13 December 2016 - 07:15 AM.

#143 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:22 AM

I just hope Oda doesn't pull a mega power up that came out of nowhere:

1) Luffy went from using Gear 4 for a limited amount of time on Dressrosa, to actually using it the entire time he fought Cracker! - We don't know this, but there's a chance this may have been the case right?

Ya I agree.

Although in the case of chopper, him being immobilized made chopper literally useless in a fight and kept chopper honestly the weakest of the crew, I believe he should of never had that to begin with if you want him to be a serious fighter not a square king fu point using...... god I hate him.

That being said you can't just change someone's power without telling us fans. That's like if the next time we see buggy he has logia immunity to punches and we get no explanation on why.

#144 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

I still don't see why Chopper couldn't have built up an endurance towards the Rumble Ball's after effects. He could've also have made a better one.

#145 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:16 AM

I still don't see why Chopper couldn't have built up an endurance towards the Rumble Ball's after effects. He could've also have made a better one.

He had two years to build a better one and he was finally able to make he breakthrough in the small amount of time between PH and BM?

It is a possibility but I want an explanation for how something so convienent happened right now
  • eemo23 likes this

#146 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:04 AM

I'm confused. I thought post timeskip, all he said was that he only used his RB to transform into his MP for 3 minutes. Did he say that he was powerless afterwards post timeskip?

#147 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:14 AM

I'm confused. I thought post timeskip, all he said was that he only used his RB to transform into his MP for 3 minutes. Did he say that he was powerless afterwards post timeskip?

Ya, they even made a joke about it on FI where Robin was using her powers to make chopper move around. He asked "does anyone need medical attention" and everyone yelled "you are the most hurt"

Also it is the reason he lost to children, once his monster point ran out he couldn't defend himself.
  • eemo23 likes this

#148 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

Wow. One piece really becomes a blur after a while. Thought that only happened with Naruto.

#149 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:44 PM

Maybe he improved thanks to TS

My bad for not explaining - I was referring to Monster Point. 

Even after TS, he was only allowed to use rumble ball 3 times before being immobilized, right? Or do I have it wrong? Is it just once? I can't remember.

Either way, my point is that if that "nerf" disappears it seems too soon IMO. 

I believe so - That's why he was tied onto Law's hat. 

He had two years to build a better one and he was finally able to make he breakthrough in the small amount of time between PH and BM?

It is a possibility but I want an explanation for how something so convienent happened right now

Exactly. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#150 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

ever notice the light symbolism every where.how luffys hat is often symbolized for the sun and how he is a messiahnic figure.silvers rayliegh was symbolized how he scattered the strawhats who have different colors associated with them, scattering the colors and the strawhats. Rayleigh  scattering is what makes the skies blue supposedly by light scattering upon the air molecules.

it is also assumed that carrot will be a strawhat member mostly because of symbolism....the strawhats met carrot at night when the moon is out,rabbits are also associated with the moon,one of her attacks is electrical luna further connecting her to the moon,she was also able to dodge and counter zoro

having her aboard would further complete the team and also the colors spectrum

#151 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

ever notice the light symbolism every where.how luffys hat is often symbolized for the sun

I have actually not picked up on this - Could you please explain?

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#152 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

well luffy is always walking towards the sun in the opening of the anime.in one of the opening shanks is spinning his trade mark hat and then it turns into the sun. each of the strawhats have a specific color coordinated to them

and Rayleigh scattering is what makes the sky blue...supposedly.

Edited by Dude, 15 December 2016 - 12:30 PM.

#153 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:48 AM

well luffy is always walking towards the sun in the opening of the anime.in one of the opening shanks is spinning his trade mark hat and then it turns into the sun. each of the strawhats have a specific color coordinated to them

and Rayleigh scattering is what makes the sky blue...supposedly.

Ah I see, I don't watch the anime much at all. 

The only issue with that is that it's symbolism from the anime - and not the manga itself, which is Oda's own creation.

The rainbow idea could have been an animator's idea for all we know. 

But it's a nice idea nonetheless.

s7218980.jpg

#154 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:21 AM

Ya I don't wouldnt take the Namur too seriously..... espically the opening.....

If I remember correctly one of the openings involved luffy punching out all members of ID over the course of 30 seconds, I wouldn't take that to mean luffy could solo ID in 30 secs. (Although screw attack would count that as a feat)
  • eemo23 likes this

#155 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,629 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:28 AM

Although screw attack would count that as a feat

Now I know why Zolo beat Erza...

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#156 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

Now I know why Zolo beat Erza...

Oh ya they are hacks. They were amazing with superman vs holy but it has gone downhill ever since.... they could of hired me to do the whole thing I could of done it right...

Hey unrelated note.... so I was talking to a Chinese businessman a few days ago and he was telling me how he had to get a few tattoos removed because in China only gang members have tattoos.

Is this true for Japan as well? I ask because I was wondering if that is why law is so popular...

#157 Strikto

Strikto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:54 PM

Oh ya they are hacks. They were amazing with superman vs holy but it has gone downhill ever since.... they could of hired me to do the whole thing I could of done it right...

Hey unrelated note.... so I was talking to a Chinese businessman a few days ago and he was telling me how he had to get a few tattoos removed because in China only gang members have tattoos.

Is this true for Japan as well? I ask because I was wondering if that is why law is so popular...

In east asian culture, the media commonly shown people in organised crime group to have tatoo on their body to represent their membership to the group and never for artistic symbol or anything else. If I were to relate it back to One Piece, the Sun Pirate is similar in that sense. You wont want the marines to chase after you becoz u have a sun tatoo on u either.

And in China their communist government are in more control over the law, strict and forbid many thing over there. Other countries wouldn't have any big issues over having a tatoo on you. But u might be judged as a gang member in certain part of the world and get into trouble with gangs there just by having some offensive or coincidential tatoo.

But nowadays, the media have water it down to people with tatoo being the bad guys in general. But is also because of this it became common to see things like reformed bad guys with tatoo in the media and its not a offensive taboo kind of thing to have them. Its just China that have issues.

Adding on stuff that i forgot...

Tatoos are also used to represent strong/powerful characters and they usually have strong/powerful animals like dragon or tiger on their torso or the back to show their "power" and awesomeness.

Full body tatoo are usually seen on top brass gang members. Showing their position and commitment in the gang. The more they have the more likelyhood of them being higher up in the ranks.

What the different type of tatoo symbolized you can find out more on the internet.

Edited by Strikto, 20 December 2016 - 07:24 PM.

• captain kidd likes this

#158 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:23 AM

Ok I see, it very different from over here.

I mean in OP we have seen a few tattoos nami has one and most fishmen and WB pirates. But law has probably the most expansive collection out of any "good guy" so I was wondering if that could be part of his appeal to fans...... cause he is like a bad boy kinda...

Personally I only like his DF it is nice seeing an op DF in the hands of a friend for once.

#159 rocconorth

rocconorth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:48 PM

v8o5qx.jpg

Is that a self-portrait of BM without her pirate hat on?  Well whoever it is...BM likes to decorate her walls with pictures of strange looking "people"...

Also...what's the deal all the clocks being scattered throughout Whole Cake Island...

2dqnjgp.jpg

especially around places where Pudding seems to frequent?  Anybody else think this may be of some significance regarding Pudding's power?

Edited by rocconorth, 21 December 2016 - 11:56 PM.

6acf83134634515.jpg

Highschool of the Dead...you know you love it!

#160 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:59 AM

I wonder if there are time zones on OP world or if those clocks are just plain wrong

• Miss Coquine and Chillman like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users