• 4926 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:25 AM

Previous thread

tumblr_o4pfghW5f01t1yvcko1_500.jpg

Lit...my favourite OP film better than Zetto 

Don't want to spoil it for yall but   :laugh:

Spoiler

Can't wait for it to officially come out this autumn i'm going to watch it again no doubt! 

Regarding Sabotage...

Spoiler

• Petite Fleur likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19030 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:59 PM

I watched this yesterday. Best One Piece movie to date (which doesn't say much though). Only that the ending is unsatisfying (I actually think this should have a second part) and the character art and animation are as bad as ever. Well, it's good by One Piece's standard LOL but still bad. Robin never looks like Robin but Baccarat looks nearly as good as Oda's own drawing...

Anw:

-Nice concept. It really feels adventure, even though not the wild kind but...hotels and all...grand is the word.

-Good antagonist. Actually has a fucking past that we could and should sympathize with, unlike the antagonists in manga. DD's past is a tragedy of education and other things but since he was that way at the start of the flashback it's hard to be emotionally attached.

-Nice DFs. Hax but as always, users are stupid.

-Baccarat is yummy.

-Carina is awesome. Shows Nami is crap muahahaha

-Lucci vs Sabo? Oohhh

-Sanji has no 1vs1 again. Really want to leave it to this year's manga, Oda? But a team fight with Robin is :wub:  though.

-LOL ZOLO the Hostage.

-The humor is well-done. Right dose, too.

-Another reference to Enel-sama. God never dies.

But:

-Why did Marines want to catch Teroso (or Tesoro?) again? The guy is never said to be pirates and he pays his money...he even made acquaintance with Tenryuubito...the slave thing doesn't seem to be illegal either. Working to pay debt is as make-sense as it can be, they are called slaves but not quite, not in the way Tenryuubito use their slaves. The treatment of the slaves, though, is bad and of course the trickery but Marines figured that out when? Tesoro surely is the type to be careful enouh to bribe Marines who went there. Did the cinema at my place cut something off or mistranslate some dialogue?

-I don't understand how Baccarat is beaten. Her luck is transferred? How did Usopp know how that works?

-sea water can stop DF's effect? LOL Non canon indeed.

-Fight is boring.

-Gild is basically Enel+DD+Crocodile in many (superficial) ways. Would like him to be a bit more unique.

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#3 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4926 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:49 AM

Maybe put that in spoilers for people who haven't seen it yet?

• Enbima likes this

#4 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1459 posts
  • Locationon the way to a certain Tea Party

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:53 AM

Finally got to watch Movie 9. Aside from the rather pointless addition of an elder brother of Wapol (who, for some reason, could tango with G2) and the absence of Daltons DF, it did everything right. Unlike its direct predecessor, it managed to condense the entire Drum island Arc into ~115min and still got all the emotional stuff perfectly right. It certainly helps that Choppers story is one of the most emotional and yet shorter ones to begin with, but it's leaps and bounds better than the mess that was the recap of Alabasta.

• Kazekage likes this

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Denki-Gai no Honya-san, Gin no Saji, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Nisekoi, Magi, Vinland Saga, UQ Holder!

and many more

#5 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3825 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:24 PM

Finally got to watch Movie 9. Aside from the rather pointless addition of an elder brother of Wapol (who, for some reason, could tango with G2) and the absence of Daltons DF, it did everything right. Unlike its direct predecessor, it managed to condense the entire Drum island Arc into ~115min and still got all the emotional stuff perfectly right. It certainly helps that Choppers story is one of the most emotional and yet shorter ones to begin with, but it's leaps and bounds better than the mess that was the recap of Alabasta.

Wait, there are movie versions of the manga? Like, they remade the anime into a movie? wtf

Anyways is the new movie out in Europe, or in the internet?

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#6 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1459 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:21 PM

Wait, there are movie versions of the manga? Like, they remade the anime into a movie? wtf

Anyways is the new movie out in Europe, or in the internet?

Alabasta and Drum Island were remade into movies, yes. Some of the older arcs are also remade into specials that have the length of a movie, e.g. Arlong Park (called Episode of Nami) or some additional stuff detailing the things that happened within the timeskip (aka filler). As mentioned, Movie 8 which tried to condense Alabasta didn't work at all, as too many important things were left out. And movie 9 explicitly states to be a 'What if?' scenario of Drum Island which assumes that it happened between Enies Lobby and Thriller Bark, with everything that entails.

And yes, all of them are out in the Internet and at least in Germany you can actually buy them - Z and Gold even were shown in selected cinemas around here :^_^:

• Strobacaxi likes this

currently reading:

Denki-Gai no Honya-san, Gin no Saji, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Nisekoi, Magi, Vinland Saga, UQ Holder!

and many more

#7 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2411 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:43 PM

Anyone have a link to the movie?

#8 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1459 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:43 AM

Anyone have a link to the movie?

Episode of Chopper

The same site also has all other movies except Gold, which will eventually be added there as well.

currently reading:

and many more

#9 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3825 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:44 AM

Man I thought I was watching Gold and I was watching the special episode that leads to it... God damn it what a waste of time. Zoro Monet'd some random chick, Sanji's dream was revived but he went total overkill on that weakling dude, Luffy was clearly playing around the whole time even when he put on his serious face... 

I liked the blonde kid though, she was funny

Definitely not as interesting as Shiki's special episode

• Raiden likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#10 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:36 PM

Funimation announced that they are dubbing One Piece Gold
  • retroluffy13 likes this

#11 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4926 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

Man I thought I was watching Gold and I was watching the special episode that leads to it... God damn it what a waste of time. Zoro Monet'd some random chick, Sanji's dream was revived but he went total overkill on that weakling dude, Luffy was clearly playing around the whole time even when he put on his serious face... 

She was annoying. Why she grabbed onto Luffy for so long at the end? Smh

#12 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7888 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

-sea water can stop DF's effect? LOL Non canon indeed.

ok so, salt was able to purify moria's zombies because it was a version of the sea.....maybe it is the same situation?

i mean.... jumping in the ocean wouldn't cure of magellan's poison....would it?.....no it wouldn't....

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#13 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:53 AM

So I'm guessing DVD and Bluerays of GOLD will air in june or july? Not entirely sure but hasn't the other films aired about a year later form when they aired in cinemas?

#14 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:43 PM

the same happened to me, just now -.- Isn't the movie out like since June? Why are there no subs for it yet?

I mean it wasn't super bad, but I was wondering the whole time where the enemies and the island form the trailer are and when they come into play.... The end-fight with MAd treasure wasn't that bad (and he had a cool DF), but now I really wanna watch the real movie >.<

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#15 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7888 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:52 AM

Yes. Two people finally realized what I hate about op movies

None of them ever seem serious. Maybe it is the fact that any given arc could go on for 100 more chapters if Oda wants. Or the fact that some enemies (kuma/kizaru/aokiji) don't actually get defeated for a long time or ever. And we know movies need to be wrapped up in 2 hours. But the movies seem to not have nearly enough hype behind the main villain. Same with filler.

banner.png

#16 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

Yes. Two people finally realized what I hate about op movies

None of them ever seem serious. Maybe it is the fact that any given arc could go on for 100 more chapters if Oda wants. Or the fact that some enemies (kuma/kizaru/aokiji) don't actually get defeated for a long time or ever. And we know movies need to be wrapped up in 2 hours. But the movies seem to not have nearly enough hype behind the main villain. Same with filler.

Hype ?.. Well the perfect movie villain was Z because he was an elderly ex admiral that could still cause troubles. He was perfect because we knew that he was nerfed in the same way as WB and even though we got the feeling that Luffy didnt give his all we also know that Z didnt either. Z also had so much of a personality going through different believes all his love no other character had that.

Shiki was also a cool villain, he was supposedly an ex yonko but unfortunately the endin fight didnt live up to my expectations. We know he was planning a come back but if this come back was so well planned and a rookie was enough to close it down . . . lets just say it was a total flop and it didnt  give me any sense of danger or fright.

I had mixed feelings watching Gold movie since Tesoro had clearly been through a lot in his life but to give us an flashback of 30 seconds composed of actual flashes of images and random conversations from his past is not enough. For f*ck sake they gave us a special episode of 1 hour and a half building up to this movie and still managed to not do a proper build up. Tesoro could easily had been the best movie villain with all he been through.

Oh and obviously I agree with the SH not breaking a sweat in this movies, they make one good villain with a weak crew. Why not make an enemie so strong the SH crew has to team up just to defeat it, I havent seen anyone complaining about about SH vs px4 or SH vs Oars.

#17 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4552 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:47 PM

I havent seen anyone complaining about about SH vs px4 or SH vs Oars.

Give kidd 5 minutes.

• Enbima likes this

#18 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7888 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

It is actually pronounced oz because screw retconning a name. That is why Enel is Enel and not eneru, you get one chance translators this isn't ft where names change every chapter.

Hey I have nothing oz vs SH crew was nice. Moria was helping it really was a cool fight. Franky's mid air stair building was awesome.

Oh wait I got something.

Screw how that fight ended that was the stupidest bullshit I have ever seen in OP. That was a FT ending to a fight right there.
Oz "oh mommy spine is broke"
Chopper "Hahahaha you can't stand now"
Oz "darn! he figured out zombies one weakness, we all need working spines! unless you are a rug zombi or a tree zombi of a picture zombi or a stuffed bear zombi that people can literally hide in, or a zombi that is just a suit of armor...... moria, am I the only zombi that needs a spine to work?"
Moria "shut up wqtch what I will do"
Oz "ok but just remember luffy is a rubber man so putting him in a shadow box and slamming it into the tower won't hurt him"
Moria "what did you say.... oh well wasn't important, time to put luffy in a shadow box and slam him into the tower"
Hahaha what? Not really....

Ok so you get the point, since when do zombies need their ones intact to keep living? That is stupid. I know this isn't naruto and the SH crew couldn't dissect oz with increasingly bloody moves.... but anything aside from that stupid ending.....

I mean the end to that fight is like if luffy were to be fighting BB and suddenly BB were to say "darn we got too close to the ocean, logia can't use their powers within 100 meters of the ocean" and luffy would win because of that..... it was dumb and lazy.

Why not just freeze oz entirely?

Oh and as far as Shiki goes.... poor shiki..... the man could make lions heads out of the ground. Apperently he can do anything with the levitation fruit. I don't see how a guy with that power could lose anything.

I mean the levitation fruit has to be the most underrated fruit ever because it isn't mentioned often enough as one of the top DF. If Oda didn't himself say the quake fruit is the most powerful paramicum I would say the levitation fruit would be a contender for that title.

And Z well..... what can I say about Z....... underwhelming doesn't do it justice....boring? No not that bad. Drawling anime fist fights isn't easy, hence why HSDK solved this problem by drawling lots of swirling effects.... so I can't blame z for being underwhelming but I can say something about him lacked any real excitement in his fighting style. The cannon was kinda cool but we all know how amazing cannons in OP are.... you want to really impress. He could of been one of the first enemies to have their physical punches fly. Not vergo. I mean we all knew it would happen just wondered when.... and giving vergo that honor? Kinda lessened the impact of it... I mean I don't think most people even know what I am talking about it had so little impact....

As far as gold goes I will pretend you didn't just ask for more flashbacks.

Oh and the px fight I believe chillman requested a complaint about that.

Well.... we all know the px were only introduced to show how much the SH crew has progressed after the TS.

But...... Oda made the mistake, or inconciveble purpose, of having the PX be game changers in the WB war. Hancock wasn't really destroying them but she was damaging them and it took several NW captains to destroy one, the only one we saw destroyed on screen.

Ok cool. Then to show how strong the SH crew is they then had the top 3 take out the px easily and sentarmu quickly confirmed they were the same old models from 2 years ago to basically scream in our faces "this is how powerful the SH crew is now! The TS did something!!!!!!"

But..... that means the SH crew is now.... many times stronger then the NW captains allied with the WB pirates.

The more you think about it he more it is clear the px only appear for this one reason- to show how much stronger the SH crew is.

Then why did Oda take them seriously in the war? Luffy with literally no effort knocked out one of them post TS while the WB crew allowed them to ruin their entire back lines.

Either the WB crew is a bunch of heartless SOBs that don't care for their family (which is why they are there to save ace) or luffy is currently in the top teir of WB commanders right now.

banner.png

#19 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1921 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

Gold was an excellent movie, I loved the villain, very interesting. And we got a nice surprise of Sado vs Lucci, heck without fighting, just interacting was cool.

I am going to bring the big elephant in the room, maybe all One Piece story and arcs are similar, but to me it felt like I was watching Dressrosa the movie, I mean turning everyone into Gold during the climax, that is bird cage, and even those kids, don't they look like tontatas. Still though the villain is more interesting and sympathetic and just better all around character than Doflamingo. This Doflamingo done right.

#20 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1747 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:31 AM

The Gold film is Dressrosa done right. Its pacing is overall good. The straw hats are actually in the plot and doing something (its not perfect). The supporting cast were likable. We had a female supporting character who was actually competent, intelligent, fun, fully aware of her sex appeal, a bit twisted, and gave a really surprisingly emotional touch to the film. Basically, the polar opposite of Rebecca.

Robin actually does what I have suggested what she should have done in her "fight" against Diamante.

WHERE IS MY PAYCHECK ?!!!

There is a villain that returns and I am glad that he did not suddenly become a good guy like Bellamy. Thank god he is still an ahole.

The supporting cast had the right amount of screen time and even had actual great character development which relates to Luffy. The movie gets why Luffy is so awesome... He never gives up, he is pro active, he has a positive influence on people, and its so contagious and inspiring.  That's the Luffy I fell in love with.

Nami was so awesome and the movie sets her up as the second in command of the crew and her faith in Luffy and her friends is always something that is heartwarming to see. Luffy and Nami are the heart and soul of the series  its not who shall not be named and world expansion which is horse crap if we cannot give a damn about the characters. You can argue that its similar to strong world or an arc in the manga. Its the way that Luffy and Nami are put into different trials that makes it work and it  plays well with the villain and what's at stake that makes the story refreshing.

There were criticism about the villain's backstory not being explored enough. This film is an example of less is more. I have related more to the imageries and few words said in this scene than a 100 chapters of forced and cringy drama of dressrosa.

Zoro had possibly the best action sequence of the film. It was so well done and inspired. I am glad that they gave up the odd 3D looking fights of film Z.

To sum it up, gold film is like a good old One Piece arc that made you fall in love with the series. Its competently directed, fun, lovable characters that value friendship and loyalty, honors what made the series great, balanced, inspired, and surprisingly touching . The first act is good, the second act is meh, and the last one hits a home run.

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 11 January 2017 - 01:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users