16 replies to this topic

#1 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:41 AM

It has been awhile since I was here, and man has quite a bit changed. However I digress, I'm here to see if anyone would like to be in a Naruto rp. Closer in time frame to when Naruto happened but before Boruto (not tryna deal with ninja science just yet.). I have a few ideas on the direction I would like to go in but this isn't just my story but yours as well, so I will be open suggestions and open to adjustment of the story. So before I put anything concrete up I'm curious who, if anyone, is interested and we can bounce ideas around for what I have in mind and what people would like to see.

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

Sure why not. Maybe an uninterupted chunin exam can finally be true :D

#3 whatamelon

whatamelon

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:39 AM

The chunin exam idea seems promising. We can do random match ups(singles) or random team battles if many players join. I just hope that the battle system will be easy enough even for casual Naruto fans like me.

If it's too complicated, I'll probably pass or just be that tree in the background where you can all practice your shuriken throwing.

Edited by whatamelon, 22 August 2016 - 04:42 AM.

tan3pu.png

#4 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

Yeah the battle system I usually try to employ is pretty simple. Based on who I am rping with I sometimes scrap the use if stats but I will use them here because it makes it easier to know your limits and the outcome of a situation. Actually I'm hoping to make it past the chunin exams into jounin territory

9HhsmrC.jpg

#5 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

Yeah the battle system I usually try to employ is pretty simple. Based on who I am rping with I sometimes scrap the use if stats but I will use them here because it makes it easier to know your limits and the outcome of a situation. Actually I'm hoping to make it past the chunin exams into jounin territory

That is fine to me. What era is it going to be? 1st, 2nd, 3rd ninja war or sometinng else?

#6 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

I plan to do this in a somewhat altered universe so we will have only had 2 great ninja wars, with the second having only ended about 3 years ago. But in terms of time frame it will be like when Naruto started

9HhsmrC.jpg

#7 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

I would be into this! Especially if the system is on the simple side. I feel like this kind of RP is best when it's more about the characters and their relationships than the battles themselves, even if it does end up taking place during the Chuunin exams. Honest to god I would be content with a whole roleplay set during that forest of death section. So much teamwork stress and alliances and betrayal and trauma AHH

#8 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:03 PM

Sure why not ^^

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#9 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:38 PM

Sounds fun. Count me in if this ends up going anywhere :)

#10 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:20 PM

Still interested, however I've always planned on having more like supporting character (chakra scouting or somthing smilar) so how does that work?

#11 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:27 PM

Interested, depending on the combat mechanics. Still salty that RP's never go anywhere on this site )-:

#12 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:44 PM

@Sotto Voce: The system I plan to use will be like a quick stat system, mainly to help differentiate between people's abilities. If (hopefully) this rp last long enough for people to hit jounin status, then I will make a more in-depth system to properly reflect abilities. 

@Jekkusormi: I'm assuming you mean a senor type like Karin. I'll have that correlate with a person's chakra control and chakra level. The higher your control the more accurate you can be, such as telling someone's chakra nature, or being able to detect if someone is lying by the fluctuations in their chakra. Chakra level will helping how far you can sense. However there are other types of sensing techniques available like the kind I plan to give to my character. So I do plan to be flexible about stuff if you choose to change your character but keep certain qualities.

@Hyouzou: As far as onemanga goes I have only been in a few rp fights in all of its incarnations. Usually how I like to handle combat mechanics in an rp like this is when people are engaging npcs, I will give a level warning for difficulty, I'll give those units stats and attempt to trust the rpers to do right by the story. When it comes to pvp I will let the two or more fighters duke it out. If there is a conflict in the fight then just mention it I and 1 or 2 other rpers will look into it and try to reslove the issue. I would really like to trust the people involved to be able to work it out, if it is a situation without a time limit, if there is a time limit, like lets say the fight starts on a monday and the update is to come on thursday, if the fight isn't done then I will step in and try to bring a fair resolution. 

Also side note if you guys are ever unhappy with a decision I have made feel free to let me know I will take a second look or ask a third party to look so I can try and guarantee a fair rp experience.

I hope I have answered all of your questions. If not keep asking I will do my best. Expect an OOC tomorrow or Saturday.

• Raiden and Jekkusormi like this

9HhsmrC.jpg

#13 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:24 PM

I second a forest of death situation. I'm of the kind that likes more structured combat systems (I guess I like the video game aspect of RP's), but if this takes off I'll no doubt join anyways.

• Raiden and Morfeus like this

#14 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

@Sotto Voce: The system I plan to use will be like a quick stat system, mainly to help differentiate between people's abilities. If (hopefully) this rp last long enough for people to hit jounin status, then I will make a more in-depth system to properly reflect abilities. 

@Jekkusormi: I'm assuming you mean a senor type like Karin. I'll have that correlate with a person's chakra control and chakra level. The higher your control the more accurate you can be, such as telling someone's chakra nature, or being able to detect if someone is lying by the fluctuations in their chakra. Chakra level will helping how far you can sense. However there are other types of sensing techniques available like the kind I plan to give to my character. So I do plan to be flexible about stuff if you choose to change your character but keep certain qualities.

@Hyouzou: As far as onemanga goes I have only been in a few rp fights in all of its incarnations. Usually how I like to handle combat mechanics in an rp like this is when people are engaging npcs, I will give a level warning for difficulty, I'll give those units stats and attempt to trust the rpers to do right by the story. When it comes to pvp I will let the two or more fighters duke it out. If there is a conflict in the fight then just mention it I and 1 or 2 other rpers will look into it and try to reslove the issue. I would really like to trust the people involved to be able to work it out, if it is a situation without a time limit, if there is a time limit, like lets say the fight starts on a monday and the update is to come on thursday, if the fight isn't done then I will step in and try to bring a fair resolution. 

Also side note if you guys are ever unhappy with a decision I have made feel free to let me know I will take a second look or ask a third party to look so I can try and guarantee a fair rp experience.

I hope I have answered all of your questions. If not keep asking I will do my best. Expect an OOC tomorrow or Saturday.

Well my original idea for charca sensing was for scouting purposes but now with later thinking it's pretty obvious that it goes much deeper than that. i'm still in if you were wondering

#15 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:31 AM

Sorry I know I'm late, just cleaning up what I have before I put it.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#16 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:27 PM

Alright Ooc is up. Feel free to start signing up (if still interested) until I make an official signup/info thread. If something doesnt make sense please ask about it.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#17 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

Just caught up on this. Since the Insiders RP is stalled/in hiatus, sure why not? Seems like a great concept as well!

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users