Photo

Rhyssa's Storytime Thread - Thunder Snow (Fairy Tail fic)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,246 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:54 PM

9/14/2016 - I decided to split this story off into it's own thread so I can post updates here and not have other stories get in the way in the other thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something new and *gasp* ongoing for once.  Yes, it's a multi-chaptered fic!

Title: Thunder Snow
Author: Rhyssa Fireheart
Pairing: None officially

Characters: Laxus Dreyar, Ciel Moorland (OC)
Fandom: Fairy Tail

Rating: T (PG-13) for language and situations

Prompts: NA
Disclaimer: Don’t own it, never will.  Just like to play around with it in my mind.

Also posted to my FF.net and dA accounts already,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He woke up slowly, the headache pounding at his temples making him groan.  His mouth tasted like sour milk and his eyes felt glued closed with grit.  Trying to remember the previous night didn’t bring up anything unusual and he was certain he’d had at most two mugs of the local alcohol to drink.  That definitely wasn’t enough to give him a hangover like this.

He sat up carefully, trying to move his head as little as possible, which didn’t work out so well.  Finally giving in, he opened his eyes but the room which swam into view certainly wasn’t the one he’d put his belongings in last night.  Bare, dingy walls covered in flaking plaster, roughhewn floor boards, a second basic bed with a woman sitting on the edge, a long narrow window along the top of one wall, blocked with bars, a solid looking door with another small barred window…

Wait…

Barred windows?

“Are you finally awake?” The woman’s voice was soft and tired sounding.

“Who…where...no, who are you?” His voice came out in a scratchy rasp, making him cough.

“I’m Ciel and the two girls here are Ino and Shira.  We’re all prisoners in a mining camp, somewhere over the Bosco border, is my guess.” For the first time he noticed the two young girls huddled under blankets on the other bed. “The guards dragged you in here a few hours ago, not sure from where.”

“Mining camp?  What’s going on here?  Is this a joke?”

Spoiler Read More

• YoWid likes this

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#2 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:45 AM

Oh crap!  I forgot to post chapter 2 here and I just put up chapter 3, so I'll toss them both into a post for folks to read.

Thunder Snow - Chapter 2

Laxus shuffled down the hallway from the baths heading towards his room.  He’d discovered on the second day that the bandits let their prisoners have hot baths each night, which felt like heaven after spending the day working in the mines.  But then back in the rooms, with the cold leeching into relaxed muscles and stealing all that warmth away, his body started to stiffen up.  He’d woken up several times that night with cramps in his arms or legs and only got back to sleep after forcing himself to relax.  It was also a harsh way to learn that working out and being fit wasn’t the same as doing draining physical labor for hours on end.  His whole body hurt and made sleeping almost impossible.  He refused to even acknowledge the pain though, not after seeing another woman punished because her “husband” had an accident while digging.

Spoiler

Thunder Snow - Chapter 3

*NOTE* This is the darkest any of the chapters will be.

---------------------------------

The days fell into a pattern – wake-up, eat breakfast, get herded into the mines where he and the other men used picks to break chunks of rocks from the walls, digging tunnels further into the mountain.  He could see the sparkling mineral veins running throughout the denser stone, but couldn’t tell what was so special about it.

The women hauled the chunks of stone to a sorting area where the children picked through it all, pulling out the sparkling mineral pieces.  In some cases, the rocks had to be broken down into smaller pieces in order to get the mineral out.  Laxus was surprised the first time he saw Ciel swinging one of the smaller sledge hammers; she was stronger than he realized, especially if she’d been doing this for over two months by now.  He also noticed that his “family” easily out-produced the others by a wide margin.

Spoiler

#3 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:55 PM

Thunder Snow - Chapter 4

Hmm, a bit racy for this chapter, but nothing that warrants an M.

--------------------------------

That night, as usual, they crawled into the one remaining bed together; the girls huddled between the two adults so they’d be warmest.  He stayed awake long after the others had fallen asleep; listening to Ciel’s ragged breathing.  He could feel her body tremble occasionally, muscles spasming from the abuse.  Despite not leaving a mark, her pain must have been horrible; he could still feel lingering traces of his own pain.  The cold air did feel good against his cheek, but not enough to stay uncovered for long. 

As the days passed, the cold deepened in intensity, making it painful to be outside the warm bed at all.  Whenever they weren’t sleeping huddled together, they wrapped a blanket around their shoulders to keep warm.

Spoiler

#4 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:48 PM

Another update.

Chapter 5

Spoiler

Chapter 6

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users