Animation Winter 2017

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:18 AM

Here is the line-up for upcoming winter animation:

Z02P1Pf.jpg

- Urara Meiro-chou
- Yowamushi Pedal New Generation
- Kuzu no Honkai
- Ao no Exorcist Kyouto Fujouou-hen
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu〜Sukeroku Futatabi-hen〜
- Ryuu no Haisha
- Akiba's Trip -The Animation-
- Idol Jihen
- Chou Shounen Tantei-dan Neo
- Demi-chan wa Kataritai
- Masamune-kun no Revenge
- Rewrite 2nd Season Moon-hen / Terra-hen
- ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
- Hand Shaker
- Chaos;Child
- Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2nd Season
- BanG Dream!
- Granblue Fantasy The Animation
- Super Lovers 2
- Chiruran Shinsengumi Requiem
- Marginal #4 Kiss Kara Tsukuru Big Bang
- elDLIVE
- Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu

• kikyou_e and Grimmjagger like this

#2 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

ḫ̢̢̦̻̮̬̙̣̊̃̆̈́̈́̏̒́̓ǭ̛͙̝̱̘͖̘̖̒̈́̔̈́͋̈́͝ͅp̢̺̙̮̯͓̙͈̹͌͌̾͋̋͆̐̍͘ȇ̆̉͌̕͝

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:07 AM

Expecting the Granblue Fantasy adaptation to be shit, but at least I get some fanservice!

HxdkfRK.gif

“Just like a single bullet setting off a world war, despair has the power to throw this world into chaos!”

#3 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:42 PM

So here for Rakugo 2...

And as a K fan, I'll probably catch Hand Shakers.

#4 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:56 PM

Why is Super Lovers still a thing!?

Kinda curious as to what they're doing with Blue Exorcist. We getting another original story or are they following the manga now?

65b30ce3-3f90-4da7-842e-2d9862561036_zps

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,939 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:59 PM

Kinda curious as to what they're doing with Blue Exorcist. We getting another original story or are they following the manga now?

Manga

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:02 PM

Good. Now all we need is a Soul Eater remake that follows the manga and all will be right with the world!

65b30ce3-3f90-4da7-842e-2d9862561036_zps

#7 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:49 PM

Hmm. As usual, I'll be all over Yowapeda. :xD: Can't wait to see all the newbies animated, and the former third years in their Uni clubs. :aww:

Between this comment and the other one in the previous seasonal thread..Why are you getting hot and bothered about something that's not for you?

Z1bZClU.jpg

#8 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

Is Chaos;Child somewhat related to Chaos;Head?

ploaud8f784.jpeg

"My weapon isn't my shot, it's me!" -Alex Ovechkin

#9 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

Is Chaos;Child somewhat related to Chaos;Head?

It is a sequel for Chaos;Head.

#10 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:13 AM

Here is the UPDATED line-up for upcoming winter animation:

362704_original.jpg

- Urara Meiro-chou
- Seiren
- Kuzu no Honkai
- Ao no Exorcist Kyouto Fujouou-hen
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu〜Sukeroku Futatabi-hen〜
- Ryuu no Haisha
- Akiba's Trip -The Animation-
- Idol Jihen
- Chou Shounen Tantei-dan Neo
- Demi-chan wa Kataritai
- Masamune-kun no Revenge
- Rewrite 2nd Season Moon-hen / Terra-hen
- ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
- Hand Shaker
- Chaos;Child
- Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2nd Season
- BanG Dream!
- Granblue Fantasy The Animation
- Super Lovers 2
- Chiruran Nibun no Ichi
- Marginal #4 Kiss Kara Tsukuru Big Bang
- elDLIVE
- Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu
- Piace〜Watashi no Italian〜
- Little Witch Academia
- Gabriel Dropout
- School Girls Strikers Animation Channel
- Reikenzan Eichi e no Shikaku
- Nyanko Days
- Kemono Friends
- Yowamushi Pedal New Generation
- Chain Chronicle〜Haecceitas no Hikari〜
- Onihei
- Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
- Sengoku Choujuu Giga〜Otsu〜
- Choborau Nyopomi Gekijou Ai Mai Mi 3rd Season
- Fuuka

• Tokoya and kikyou_e like this

#11 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:41 PM

Wow not even a single name here picks my interest ._.

Maybe Little Witch Academia, I don't know. That short movie back in 2013 was somewhat interesting.

Or maybe everyone will start talking about "that/those new anime" and I'll give them a try. And as usual, I'll see some spoilers and will ruin the show...

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#12 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,939 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

Wow not even a single name here picks my interest ._.

Maybe Little Witch Academia, I don't know. That short movie back in 2013 was somewhat interesting.

Or maybe everyone will start talking about "that/those new anime" and I'll give them a try. And as usual, I'll see some spoilers and will ruin the show...

Check out the PV's for them....Maybe they'll appeal more to you then lol?

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#13 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

I don't trust PVs. I've been mislead by good PVs of bad anime many times. The only way to check out if it's worth watching is to try out the first episode... And it's kind of hard to watch the first episode of every anime of the season. So my only two options are to judge them by their name (unless I know the source material), or wait for it to be popular. And the latter comes with the risk of spoilers.

Edited by taichi, 13 November 2016 - 11:36 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,939 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:49 AM

We got a new addition...Youjo Senki

On the front line of the war, there's a little girl. Blond hair, blue eyes and porcelain white skin, she commands the army with lisping voice. Her name is Tanya Degurechaff. But in reality, she is one of Japan's most elite salarymen, reborn as a little girl after angering a mysterious being X who calls himself "God." And this little girl, who prioritize over anything else efficiency and her own career, will become the most dangerous being amongst the sorcerers of the imperial army...

This is from someone that I trust that has read the LN

a477413adc89498181f8be6d3a4ae07e.png

I'm hoping that somehow they manage to adapt it really really well.....Still no word on what Studio has this but it looks like its either Production IG, Bones or maybe Studio Wit or MAPPA

Edited by Tokoya, 14 November 2016 - 11:52 AM.

• kikyou_e likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:56 PM

I can already tell that Kuzu no Honkai and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu will be two of my clubhouse nominations for next season. The latter is technically already a clubhouse anime and was the best of it's season and I already read the manga for the former so I'm familiar with the source material. Nothing really stands out as third choice so far. 

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#16 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

Just realized that the winter season starts this week.

Following 5 shows during the fall was a bit too much for me. This time I'm going with no more than 3 shows. And maybe 2 of the shorts/OVAs/movies etc.?

All I've been watching lately is SoL things, I'm kinda burned out by those type of shows. What I need right now is something fun and fast-paced, and the answer to that would be Yowapeda S3. My second pick is the chaotic but fun Nanbaka S2. Third pick is Acca 13. Honestly, I'm only in for the uniforms, cute old men & the desserts. :hmm: Well that and also the fact this is OnoN's first ever fantasy work & third(or fourth, if we count the doujin that influenced her to write Danza & Coppers) cop series.

^^And that's all I'll be following on weekly basis. The first 2 already have their respective threads on here, might create one for A13 too, and spam on all of them until I hit the 1k post mark.

Will try not to forget to watch the Landreaall OVA in late Feb. The PV looks so bad, though. Seriously, why do they always half ass things when it comes to Z-Sum series? Honestly, I'm kinda worried for the Saiyuki anime.

Last but not least, the BB movie. I want to see Undertaker slay. And maybe the phoenix pose. :hmm:

Z1bZClU.jpg

#17 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:17 AM

Schoolgirl Strikers - Pretty slideshow-y. CG backgrounds are jarring to the point that I thought it might be a stylistic choice. Action okay at points but nothing too exciting. Watch if you like listening to a bunch of popular voice actors/ feel like mecha shoujo type stuff.

AkibaStrip - NSFW. Good action sequences, premise of the show is tacky or fun, depending on your opinion (erring on tacky for most). It's fairly self aware about this. COLORS.

Seiren- For some reason I feel like I should have watched Amagami? Thought this was a VN, but apparently this isn't connected to anything else? Anyway, I liked the interactions in this one. Had a nice flow to it. Watch with RR-subs for maximum memes. By which I mean errors and crude language.

Fuuka - It's Seo.

Masamune-kun no Revenge - Ah, I remember dropping the manga for some reason. I think it ended recently so be careful of spoilers. Audio-visual direction is at a good standard, the locked eye scenes are what I have in mind as I type this. The main characters are assholes and I got a kick out of that. I wonder if the joke will hold out for longer this time around.

Edited by Otaku-N., 13 January 2017 - 12:55 PM.

• Tokoya likes this
Spoiler clickyclicky!

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,939 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:01 PM

Schoolgirl Strikers - Skipped this one

Akiba's Trip - Liked the main characters quite a bit, the action scenes were well done and pretty awesome when combined with the animation used and even though I wish that it was DxD level, the ecchi in this series reminds me of Keijo of last season whereas it goes hand and hand with the plot and drives it forward in an entertaining way

Seiren - Waifu Wars!!!!....All jokes aside this looks like it'll be a good romance series to follow (I'm assuming that this will be like Amagami and that we'll have routes devoted to all of the 3 girls)....I can say that so far I really like this first girl and the main dude is decent enough

Urarara Melrochou - Was going to watch this because of the plot synopsis but I have too much on my plate and I'm not THAT big a fan of moe bait series unless it's something like Sweetness and Lightning

Spiritpact - Had enough yaoi-bait for quite a while so skip

Shouwa S2 - GOAT just like S1

Blue Exorcist S2 - Still watching S1 so when I finish I'll hop on to this BUT I heard that the first ep of the second season was pretty good

Fuuka - Even though I know about Truck-senpai, I've never seen this series and I must say that based off of the first 2 eps, I really liked what I saw even though it has a lot of cliches...Also Tama is best girl/waifu

Masamune-kun no Revenge - I posted my thoughts on this in the main thread that I just made =P

Youjo Senki - LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT (Check out our thread for it in the Clubhouse for my full thoughts)

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu - Looks like cute girls on bicycles but as with Urarara I'm gonna skip this for the same reason

Other than that, for the saturday stuff dropping today I will be watching Demi-chan and the TV broadcast version of Chain Chronicle (Watched the movie version and I LOVED it) 

Edited by Tokoya, 07 January 2017 - 12:02 PM.

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

I've finally watched the premieres of everything that I might possibly watch this season so I'll give my first impressions.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: AOTS already but I'll comment on this and the others in their respective threads.
Youjo Senki
Kuzu no Honkai
Demi-Chan
Little Witch Academia
Masamune's Revenge

ACCA: Really slow start but it looks like it has a lot of potential since the narrative can go in many directions from here.
Koro-Sensei Quest: I missed this cast of characters and I love this already!!!
Fuuka: This was a decent start but seeing as I already know how this ends I probably won't stick around for this one.
Urara Meirochou: Another slice of life comedy with heavy yuri-bait. This feels like the New Game of this season but I'm more interested in game development than I am in fortune-telling so this might not work as well for me.  Still it's off to a good start for now.
Seiren: I absolutely hated Amagami SS and in fact didn't even finish all the routes so this one is on thin ice with me already. I actually really liked the concept compared to how most harems operate but I've rarely seen a protagonist I hated more than that MC. If the protagonist here is anything like that one then I'll drop this 100% guaranteed.
Chaos;Child: I'm tempted to skip this since Chaos;Head was a mess but fans of the game have sworn that this is a much better story so I'll give it four episodes to impress me.
Rewrite: I'd be lying if I said I loved season one but the end did intrigue me enough to check this out for now.
Gabriel Dropout: Cute and funny so far but when the comedy inherent in it's premise (bad angels and harmless demons) eventually gets old it's going to have to bring something else to the table to make up for it. Gabriel reminds me of Umaru-chan (though slightly less entertaining) and I like the rest of the cast.

With the exception of the clubhouse ones I won't be able to follow these on a weekly basis simply due to not having that kind of time but I'll keep an eye on how they develop and may binge watch them at the middle and end of the season as usual.  

• Tokoya likes this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#20 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

Urara Meirocho - I was bored. The whole cutesy cutesy thing didn't work for me. When I heard the narration, I smirked, I guess. Didn't like the weird dissonance in the tone though, cause I know this isn't for children.  

Eldive - I'll keep along for now. Nothing really stuck out other than the part of my brain that went, "Yeah. Hearing Kugyu's voice inside your head your entire life must be a real mindfuck." Never watched Katekyo but I don't have high expectations.

Onihei - Barring the action sequence at the end some strange visual choices, it was mostly the implementation of the blurs that bothered me. Some might enjoy that style. The story for the episode was okay, but again, not really drawn in.

One Room - This pissed me off. I feel dirty. The medium for this is all wrong. This is VR headset visual novel territory. God I'm glad I watch anime alone. Skip.

Hand Shakers - I saw a pretty accurate description of this the other day comparing the visual experience to that of the sensation during severe sleep deprivation caused by over stimulation of the brain. Actual direction didn't feel as controlled as it should have been. Many of the backgrounds look like a crappy render from a 2000s home design program. The fucking chains.

And yet I have to give kudos. This is one of the braver shows this season, in the visual department. Beneath all the zooms and pans lies some pretty detailed character animation. Shit the pans and zooms themselves; who does that in this medium? I complain about their gratuitous nature, but it's a fairly rare thing to even be able to abuse here. I suspect there's someone behind the scenes who came into work on the pilot, implemented all the 3D enviroments, along with the dynamic camera moves and smirked to himself. "Look what we can do."

It has the classic GoHands sort of colour palate, and the actual art itself isn't horrible.

Of course, no one in the department seemed to give a crap about character writing. The fanservice was a bit...on the nose. Plotwise, we'll see, basic generic setup so far. Guilty Crown is the immediate association I made for some reason.  I wonder if it'll be as nutso as K.

Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon - Huh. I left that with a good impression, though it may be because I generally feel positive about Cool-kyou Shinja. The OP has some weird shit going on. Surprised it was actually a Kyoto Animation show.  

Gabriel Dropout - It was...okay? Red demon got boring fast. I did like the comedic timing on this one, though I was hoping they would have been a bit more inventive with some of the screen transitions.

Edited by Otaku-N., 13 January 2017 - 02:33 PM.

• Tokoya likes this
Spoiler clickyclicky!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users