Photo

Superpowered RP (Hero Academia/One Punch Man style)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:00 AM

<- Random powers

#22 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:22 AM

Wow! Okay, six people. Awesome. It seems to be pretty even between school/no school, so I'll just try to create a good story and decide from there. We'll go with four powers to choose from, and if anybody got beef, PM me. I can start dealing the powers out already if people want; working out the story might take me a couple days, depending on how hard I try. 

• RathyOro likes this

#23 Mouse

Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNot Found.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:24 PM

Aww yiss.

Hit me. I'm feelin lucky.

#24 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

MOUSE

Storm Embodiment

Sensory Scrying

High Empowerment

Talent Theft

I've sifted through a lot of overpowered or unnecessarily limited powers (like being able to create scissors out of coal, but only existing coal... yeah no). If I find a power that is a sub-power of something bigger that's not overpowered (like the scissor power could be one application of 'coal manipulation'), I'll often put that one. I didn't do that for these four, though.

Naturally, some powers are stronger than the others, but never assume that what is listed on the wikia is the reality; you and me will decide how to work with these powers. For example, High Empowerment may only work with a certain drug (like alcohol) depending on what you wanna do. Similarly, Talent Theft may only work with a certain type of skill (like intelligence, or fighting). Storm Embodiment is a different case; this one is so vague, that we almost have to create our own power that has to do with 'being like a storm'. My first thought would be that the user could emit stuff like hail, thunder, rain and wind, perhaps according to their temperament. 

So go with the one that you think would be the coolest to make a character with, not the most powerful one. This RP is not going to be about who can hit hardest. 

• Mouse likes this

#25 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

Gimme some powers!

#26 Mouse

Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNot Found.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:59 PM

OH NO I LOVE ALL OF THEM.

But, 

...perhaps according to their temperament. 

the idea of an extremely melodramatic person (maybe someone with anger management issues) having storm embodiment and NO control over their powers sounds like SO MUCH FUN, though.

I'm picturing fading into a mist when she's embarrassed, screaming blizzards, wailing little thunderstorms... And right now this sounds like it could be OP, but I think it would kind of cancel itself out if she didn't have the emotional stability to work it.

But also High Empowerment could also be a blast if I put a stoner spin on something like Sex Criminals and sensory scrying could be SO COOL for a detective or some kind of a lawyer.

I'm going to think on this for a while. Definitely going to wait until we get a plot or setting to decide, but this is going to be amazing.

#27 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:08 PM

BLUE22

Power Via Blood 

Love Aura

Seismokinetic Combat

Supernatural Accuracy

These powers are pretty underwhelming, but trust me when I say that I sifted through a ton of shittier powers. Power Via Blood will give you an opportunity to make up something on your own, Love Aura will basically make people around you romantics, Seismokinetic Combat is kinda cool, you can cause earthquakes and destroy things by touch. Supernatural Accuracy basically means that you can't ever miss, with anything. You can toss a pencil from the roof of a building and hit someone in the eye sitting in a car on the street below.

@Mouse

Yeah, you definitely got a cool selection. Talent Theft could also be pretty cool, but probably fits better with a villain, or at least someone extremely selfish and jealous.

#28 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

Me too, me too.

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#29 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:47 PM

Awesome! I barely have to make any alterations to my character now, thanks to the blood power. Can we start posting them now or did you wanna give us a template first?

#30 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

RATHYORO

Solar Attacks

Location Swapping

Liquid Mimicry

Toy Manipulation

These take so much longer than I thought. Must've sifted through over 200 powers at this point, yours took 20 minutes. We've got some winners and some losers here. Solar Attacks basically means you can shoot lasers and stuff, pretty regular Shonen power, but you need to gather energy from the sun. That's pretty nifty. Location Swapping is also pretty cool, but we've got to implement some sort of regulation there, or else you'd switch the place of the sun and the moon and the RP would be over. Liquid Mimicry; you can turn into slime (which you can control, of course). More interesting than the other two, but less flashy or combat-oriented (not necessarily a bad thing). Toy Manipulation is the most intriguing to me. You could be a kid that just wants to have friends, and thusly they've got all kinds of dolls and toys that they've brought to life (I'd add life creation to that power to make it interesting).

@Blue22

Tell me about what you're thinking about, power-wise. I'll post a CS tomorrow, but I've got to go to sleep now. No more power dealings today!

• RathyOro likes this

#31 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:12 PM

Tell me about what you're thinking about, power-wise. I'll post a CS tomorrow, but I've got to go to sleep now. No more power dealings today!

Soooo I was thinking of doing an Animorphs-like character. Someone who can copy the appearance, natural abilities, and, in some cases, instincts, of any living thing whose DNA they absorb through direct contact. Since my character's powers are blood based, I was thinking he'd have to actually absorb the blood of an organism (by either drinking or injecting it) instead of simply having to touch them.

#32 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

@Blue22

Well, the power is Gain power from the blood in one's bloodstream, so if you want to spin it that way, you're going to have to come up with a way to let your blood transform things. Maybe people who taste your blood change appearances? This is why I really didn't want anyone thinking up characters before they'd got their random powers — trying to mesh randomness together with a pre-existing idea won't create a very smooth character. This power has more to do with the properties of your blood; it can burn things, it can be venomous, it can curse people, it can heal things, it can explode, it can take control of people, it can disintegrate things, etc etc.

#33 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:41 PM

@Blue22

Well, the power is Gain power from the blood in one's bloodstream, so if you want to spin it that way, you're going to have to come up with a way to let your blood transform things. Maybe people who taste your blood change appearances? This is why I really didn't want anyone thinking up characters before they'd got their random powers — trying to mesh randomness together with a pre-existing idea won't create a very smooth character. This power has more to do with the properties of your blood; it can burn things, it can be venomous, it can curse people, it can heal things, it can explode, it can take control of people, it can disintegrate things, etc etc.

But then, by that logic, Esdeath wouldn't be in the wiki link you gave me since her powers come from somebody else's blood. Neither would the Kekkei Genkai users in Naruto since they don't specifically attack with their blood (neither does Esdeath, for that matter). Their powers are just a hereditary trait.

Edited by Blue22, 17 October 2016 - 07:02 PM.

#34 Mouse

Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNot Found.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:55 PM

I can't believe you called Supernatural Accuracy and Love Aura underwhelming! Man the stuff you could do with both of those is amazing. Love Aura in terms of how interesting the character's life and psyche would be, and Accuracy could make for the funnest, most creative posts. 

All three of these batches are way fun. oh my god this is going to be so cool.

Edited by Mouse, 17 October 2016 - 06:55 PM.

#35 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:06 PM

This is getting very interesting. 8)

I'd love to get dealed in, whenever you have the time!

RATHYORO

Liquid Mimicry

Liquid Mimicry; you can turn into slime (which you can control, of course).

Spoiler and so we come full circle

• Raiden, RathyOro and Mouse like this

#36 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDe Moon Baby! De Moon...

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:13 PM

Hyouzu. Could you roll those beautiful tiny squares boxes with dots on them for me good sir?

Edited by DeSoulWolf, 17 October 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#37 ScaredyBaby

ScaredyBaby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:40 PM

Dude, hit me up with those powers.  Also, if it's getting too time consuming to look for new powers, don't forget you can use the rejected powers from others! (Don't do that for me though ;)

Edited by ScaredyBaby, 17 October 2016 - 10:34 PM.

• Sotto Voce likes this

#38 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:03 AM

You know what. I'm in too ^^

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#39 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:24 AM

As dirty it sounds but "Do me, do me!"

#40 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:59 AM

You guys really like super powers, don't you. Boy, this is going to take a while. You need to give me some time to make the actual RP, too! Hahaha.

But then, by that logic, Esdeath wouldn't be in the wiki link you gave me since her powers come from somebody else's blood. Neither would the Kekkei Genkai users in Naruto since they don't specifically attack with their blood (neither does Esdeath, for that matter). Their powers are just a hereditary trait.

I don't know who Esdeath is. I just go by what the page summarizes it as, which is that the power comes from the user's blood. The examples also make that pretty clear. I mainly thought of Wei Zhijun from Darker Than Black (a really cool series if you like superpowers and grittyness — definitely read the Black Dandelion, you won't regret it). He can disintegrate anything his blood splatters on by snapping his fingers. If this feels unfair, I can give you a fifth power to choose from.

@Mouse

Accuracy would make for pretty fun posts, you're right. I might give NPC's some of these powers you guys don't pick, they're really giving me ideas. 

@SottoVoce

I actually had something like that power for the last random super power RP, I had the ability to turn into things to avoid harm. I could turn into liquid if I was falling to my death, or turn into metal if I was being shot at. The only time I got to use it when was my character was approached by some creep and my character turned into the opposite gender to get away from them.

• Sotto Voce likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users