Photo

Superpowered RP (Hero Academia/One Punch Man style)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

DESOULWOLF

Enhanced Breath

Iron Mimicry

Aquatic Respiration

Gravitational Downforce

I swear I didn't mess with these, you could've gotten a fourth elemental power, but that one was pretty shitty. Breath and Respiration are pretty shitty too, but I can't remove all powers that aren't awesome, that's going to take me even longer. Gravitational Downforce is a sub-power of gravity manipulation, so if you pick this, your character will, when they improve, be able to do more stuff than just increase gravity, but that's it for right now.

SCAREDYBABY

Stone Mimicry

Metal Manipulation

Soil Empowerment

Psychic Creature Creation

You got a lot of earth-related powers, you even got Iron Mimicry too (but desoulwolf already got that). Turn into stone, manipulate metal, be a plant (get nutrients from soil to become strong) or make your imaginary friend come to life (there's gonna be some kind of restriction on that one, for sure). As for using previous powers, good idea, but I can't do that until people have chosen their powers, and I don't want to force them to do that until they know how the RP is going to turn out.

@Raiden

Does that mean you want powers, or just that you want to join the RP? You don't have to get them now, it makes no difference, really. It kinda just delays me finishing the story, but it's also fun.

JEKKUSORMI

Beacon Emission

Absorbing Replication

Shadow Generation

Vibration Manipulation

You can be an attention whore, turn into stuff around you, make stuff dark, or make things vibrate (eventually: earthquakes).

#42 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:59 AM

DESOULWOLF

Enhanced Breath

Iron Mimicry

Aquatic Respiration

Gravitational Downforce

I swear I didn't mess with these, you could've gotten a fourth elemental power, but that one was pretty shitty. Breath and Respiration are pretty shitty too, but I can't remove all powers that aren't awesome, that's going to take me even longer. Gravitational Downforce is a sub-power of gravity manipulation, so if you pick this, your character will, when they improve, be able to do more stuff than just increase gravity, but that's it for right now.

SCAREDYBABY

Stone Mimicry

Metal Manipulation

Soil Empowerment

Psychic Creature Creation

You got a lot of earth-related powers, you even got Iron Mimicry too (but desoulwolf already got that). Turn into stone, manipulate metal, be a plant (get nutrients from soil to become strong) or make your imaginary friend come to life (there's gonna be some kind of restriction on that one, for sure). As for using previous powers, good idea, but I can't do that until people have chosen their powers, and I don't want to force them to do that until they know how the RP is going to turn out.

@Raiden

Does that mean you want powers, or just that you want to join the RP? You don't have to get them now, it makes no difference, really. It kinda just delays me finishing the story, but it's also fun.

JEKKUSORMI

Beacon Emission

Absorbing Replication

Shadow Generation

Vibration Manipulation

You can be an attention whore, turn into stuff around you, make stuff dark, or make things vibrate (eventually: earthquakes).

Yes that means I want powers ^^ (and to join the rp)

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#43 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:04 AM

JEKKUSORMI

Beacon Emission

Absorbing Replication

Shadow Generation

Vibration Manipulation

Cool abilities but I have to pick either Absorb Replication (possibly the strongest ability in the end) or Vibration Manipulation (Whitebeard Origins Story)

Atleast for right now I can't think of any combat usage for Beacon and Shadow/Dark dmg has always confused/annoyed me since I don't know how it feels to be struck by that. Does it burn? Does it freeze? What happens to a car strucken by it?

Edited by Jekkusormi, 18 October 2016 - 10:05 AM.

#44 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:15 AM

Atleast for right now I can't think of any combat usage for Beacon?

siren song tho

I mean, it's not a direct combat thing but I'm starting to think that the powers without obvious superhero value are more interesting.

Think about how useful that would be for a spy or an assassin.

Super Respiration is pretty cool, too! You could kind of get limited aquatic respiration as a subset of that, because you would be able to hold your breath for way longer! Depending on where this is set, that could be awesome.

#45 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:52 PM

siren song tho

I mean, it's not a direct combat thing but I'm starting to think that the powers without obvious superhero value are more interesting.

Well, that. But I'm still propably going for either Replication or Vibration

#46 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

If this feels unfair, I can give you a fifth power to choose from.

Nah it's cool, and totally fair. I always hate being that one guy who complains. Especially when everyone else is pleased. Sorry :^_^:

I just gotta do some serious brain storming on how I can make any of these four powers interesting to me.

#47 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:44 PM

Cool abilities but I have to pick either Absorb Replication (possibly the strongest ability in the end) or Vibration Manipulation (Whitebeard Origins Story)

Atleast for right now I can't think of any combat usage for Beacon and Shadow/Dark dmg has always confused/annoyed me since I don't know how it feels to be struck by that. Does it burn? Does it freeze? What happens to a car strucken by it?

You could spin Beacon to vaguely affluence people's feelings, make them happy or angry, stuff like that. I don't think the shadow power lets you actually do damage, you can just create darkness. It's not very useful in most cases, but pair it with some ninja character who is really good at other stuff, and it becomes kinda cool. Make others blind while killing them in silence. 

It's no problem, Blue, of course! I'll work on Raiden's stuff tomorrow, as well as the story thing. My head is really running on fumes, I think I need some time with this, unfortunately. If anyone has any (and I mean any) ideas, that'd be appreciated. Anything to get the juices flowing.

Edited by Hyouzou, 18 October 2016 - 04:46 PM.

• Raiden likes this

#48 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

@Hyouzou: Not sure if I mentioned this but my powers are pretty awesome, I can't wait for this.

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#49 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:38 PM

I'll work on Raiden's (and Sotto's? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) stuff tomorrow, as well as the story thing. My head is really running on fumes, I think I need some time with this, unfortunately. If anyone has any (and I mean any) ideas, that'd be appreciated. Anything to get the juices flowing.

-Witness Protection Program, but for superpowered individuals whose powers caused some kind of life-ruining disaster, or people who used their powers for evil and are being relocated and kept under watch while they "rehabilitate"

-Spy/Assassin group gives superpowers to their agents.

-Rival Spy/Assassin groups give superpowers to their agents and pit them against each other.

-Anything superheroes vs. supervillains.

-Cliche Suicide Squad inspired plot!!!! In a world where metahumans are "oppressed" because too many of them abuse their powers, some terrible alien/ancient supernatural threat is expecting to take over the planet and the government has to round up any and all metahumans to combat it, potentially in hopes that they all die.

-We all have to pick the most underwhelming power out of our draw. RP takes place in a world where all of the important and capable superheroes were sent to fight some intergalactic takeover in outerspace and the government has to round up the leftovers to step up and help with the "smaller" threats on Earth.

Food for thought: Why are we all thinking superheroes when we could be thinking supervillains?

-Supervillain prison.

Edited by Sotto Voce, 18 October 2016 - 05:56 PM.

• Hyouzou likes this

#50 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDe Moon Baby! De Moon...

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:51 PM

DESOULWOLF

Enhanced Breath

Iron Mimicry

Aquatic Respiration

Gravitational Downforce

Hmmmm. Have to think about these a bit, and I kind of wonder how far I can go with improving them over time?

Edited by DeSoulWolf, 18 October 2016 - 05:52 PM.

#51 ScaredyBaby

ScaredyBaby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:44 PM

@Hyouzou
I'm wondering how you'll do/if we'll do stats. Also for the imaginary friend thing would I be able to create weapons or no, as it's a sub group of whatever.

I also think you need a way to divide us into groups somehow to make it easier for us to contact/connect with each other.

#52 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:24 AM

@SottoVoce

Wow, thanks a lot! I actually got a nice idea now thanks to you, just by reading those ideas.

Don't go into it thinking that whichever power you pick, it's going to eventually become something stronger. What you see is what you get, for the most part. I do encourage people to adjust their abilities; I really like Hero Academia's way of limiting what they can do (e.g ice dude can't ice too much or he gets cold, shadow beak is strongest during the night, prince charming gets stomach aches if he shoots too many navel lasers), so don't be afraid to gimp or to empower yourself in those ways. Creativity is more important than being fair. So Iron Mimicry probably won't evolve into being anything more than that, but the strength of the iron, how long you can keep it up, stuff like that could improve. Maybe at the start, you can only turn into iron when you're not moving? Or when you're holding your breath? Enhanced Breath can go the other way. You could evolve it to be more than just being able to blow air well, your lung capacity (as someone mentioned) can be huge, you could yell really loud, stuff like that.

@ScaredyBaby

Right now, my plan is to just give you guys a couple stats (like perception, strength, agility, intelligence) to cement your characters' abilities. For example, if something shifty is going on, the person with the highest perception score should be the one to notice something is going on. It's just to make it easier to compare people. I was pondering whether to give out points in a pool (where you divide among stats however you want) or from a scale (where you can give yourself how many points you want). The first way is more logical and how we usually do it — if you're all students, you should be pretty equal, just better at different things. But the other way is interesting too; if we have Mr. Equal, with 5 in every stat, fight against Mr. Balanced, who has 10 in every stat, we know they've both divided their points equally, but we also know how strong they are in comparison to each other. If we chose from a pool, they would both appear to be as strong. If we make an RP in a more chaotic setting, like in a prison, we might not want every character to be equal. Let me know what you think. We could also achieve this effect by giving people the option of spending less stat points in order to evolve their power or something like that — but in that case, people are still equal. Now some people just have more powerful powers than others while being physically weaker (which, since it's random, is already the case).

As for your power, personally I think it's much more interesting to think of it as the power to make imaginative friends come to life. Exchanging that piece of quirkiness (where you could make your character a lonely kid or a schizofrenic) for the power to just 'make anything you imagine appear' seems boring. I don't want you guys to just create a cool character like we usually do, and then slap a cool power on it. I want you to create the most creative power, and then base a creative character around it. Make it feel alive, as if both the power and the character came from the same idea. Don't make a cool assassin with dead parents that wants to avenge them with the power to shoot fire from his finger tips. Make an assassin who can see his dead parents as if they were alive, or a fire finger tip:er who is also a pyromaniac.

• Mouse likes this

#53 Mouse

Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNot Found.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

-Witness Protection Program, but for superpowered individuals whose powers caused some kind of life-ruining disaster, or people who used their powers for evil and are being relocated and kept under watch while they "rehabilitate"

-Spy/Assassin group gives superpowers to their agents.

-Rival Spy/Assassin groups give superpowers to their agents and pit them against each other.

-Anything superheroes vs. supervillains.

-Cliche Suicide Squad inspired plot!!!! In a world where metahumans are "oppressed" because too many of them abuse their powers, some terrible alien/ancient supernatural threat is expecting to take over the planet and the government has to round up any and all metahumans to combat it, potentially in hopes that they all die.

-We all have to pick the most underwhelming power out of our draw. RP takes place in a world where all of the important and capable superheroes were sent to fight some intergalactic takeover in outerspace and the government has to round up the leftovers to step up and help with the "smaller" threats on Earth.

Food for thought: Why are we all thinking superheroes when we could be thinking supervillains?

-Supervillain prison.

What if you made the plot less combat-centered?

What if a bunch of supers were like... ejected into deep space. Exiled to some remote Death Trap Island. What if it was a survival story?

#54 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:29 PM

SOTTOVOCE

Water Form Manipulation

Accelerated Perception

Electrical Enhanced Condition

Earth Swimming

Sorry for forgetting about you. I was about to discard Water Form Manipulation because it seems pretty weird, so if you don't like it I can roll you a new one. So, you can do stuff like evaporate water, turn vapor in the air into hailstones, or freeze people who are wet. You cannot control water, just the states of it. I think that's more interesting than just manipulating water. How about the others: you can think at blistering speeds (like, dodge a bullet fast — except your body won't be as fast as your mind!), you can empower yourself (however you wish) through electricity, you're kinda like a machine that runs on batteries (I'll let you literally run on batteries if you want), or you can swim through stuff (basically intangibility but more fun and less OP).

RAIDEN

Poison Generation

Elasticity

Division

Sasquatch Physiology

Wow, yours took ages to make. I feel like i've seen them all (although I haven't seen many 'classic' super powers, the only one so far is your Elasticity). Anyways, you can create poison, be elastic (whoo....), split yourself (which could be really fun; you can split your personality, make clones representing different emotions, different ages, different genders, etc. If I was a player I would totally want this one), or you can turn into (or maybe default to?) a huge monster.

• Sotto Voce likes this

#55 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:46 PM

SOTTOVOCE

Water Form Manipulation

Accelerated Perception

Electrical Enhanced Condition

Earth Swimming

Sorry for forgetting about you. I was about to discard Water Form Manipulation because it seems pretty weird, so if you don't like it I can roll you a new one. So, you can do stuff like evaporate water, turn vapor in the air into hailstones, or freeze people who are wet. You cannot control water, just the states of it. I think that's more interesting than just manipulating water. How about the others: you can think at blistering speeds (like, dodge a bullet fast — except your body won't be as fast as your mind!), you can empower yourself (however you wish) through electricity, you're kinda like a machine that runs on batteries (I'll let you literally run on batteries if you want), or you can swim through stuff (basically intangibility but more fun and less OP).

RAIDEN

Poison Generation

Elasticity

Division

Sasquatch Physiology

Wow, yours took ages to make. I feel like i've seen them all (although I haven't seen many 'classic' super powers, the only one so far is your Elasticity). Anyways, you can create poison, be elastic (whoo....), split yourself (which could be really fun; you can split your personality, make clones representing different emotions, different ages, different genders, etc. If I was a player I would totally want this one), or you can turn into (or maybe default to?) a huge monster.

Sotto got my most favourite super power with Water Form Manipulation u.u

Anyway, yeah from mine I will go with Division. Is the coolest and most useful definitively of these.

• Hyouzou likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#56 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:30 PM

Lol DAMN YOU, SOTTO! You literally got my favorite Superpower. Lucky bastard! :lolxg:

• Raiden likes this

#57 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:00 AM

Good points on Beacon and Shadow Generation and as awesome it would be to make Whitebeards Road to Stongest Man of Grandline, I'm picking Absorb Replication. A couple of questions though: Do I have a limit for the amount of properties to absorb and remember? At the start of game have I absorbed anything yet?

Edited by Jekkusormi, 21 October 2016 - 01:04 AM.

#58 kiddblaze

kiddblaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:40 AM

Is this rp still open?

#59 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:07 AM

Posting from my phone. I'll be without Internet / PC for the weekend, so no real updates.

@Jekkusormi
We'll go over how you want to write your power later. How you want it to function is up to you. Try to make it as interesting as possible, with creative limitations.

@kiddblaze
Yeah, dude! Just working out the Playing part off RolePlay right now.

Edited by Hyouzou, 21 October 2016 - 10:08 AM.

• Sotto Voce likes this

#60 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:52 AM

Lol DAMN YOU, SOTTO! You literally got my favorite Superpower. Lucky bastard! :lolxg:

Sotto got my most favourite super power with Water Form Manipulation u.u

HA.

Originally I was like, dude, Accelerated Perception is the coolest power ever. DUH. But now that you guys mention it, Water Form is INSANELY COOL. I've never thought about this as a standalone power before but it has so many creative applications?

Can I... Can I just put this link in my Inventory section? (Kidding, of course. ...Sort of. .....I'm definitely gonna have to give this character ONE super soaker. )

I'm in love with all of these options, oh my gosh! I can't believe you thought Water Form wouldn't be super cool. I mean, depending on the setting. I might still snap back to Accelerated Perception depending on the plot. And running on batteries has so much potential for overdramatic flowery poetic prose. I... might succumb.

PS. SASQUATCH PHYSIOLOGY THO RAIDEN. DUDE. WHY WOULD YOU PASS UP THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE A LIVING URBAN LEGEND. YOUR CHARACTER COULD BE SUCH A JACKASS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users