Photo

Dragon Ball Super (Part 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2000 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we request a new sub-forum? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

How should we go forward?

1. Just use spoiler tags for spoilers and have only one thread? (14 votes [60.87%])

Percentage of vote: 60.87%

2. Have this thread moved to the Semi-Pro section (therefore getting a separate spoiler thread)? (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

3. Have our own sub-forum? (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote

#1 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:07 PM

Previous Thread

Beerus has no interest in Trunks' timeline. Can Kai's even be brought back?

Black probably destroyed that planet, he said he killed every Mortal being in the Mirai timeline..

So basically Goku is going to wish back the SDB in Mirai Timeline by using the SDB in his timeline. Then use those SDBs to wish back everyone who died. Then go to the other timeline where he died and use those DBs to wish himself back.

So predictable. So DB.

I thought he killed the other gods?

Well, (super Kami) Guru is also kind of a god right?

Yeah he only killed all the gods. He isn't destroying planets, only mortals. Considering he's not having such an easy job killing random civilians on earth I doubt he has killed every mortal in the universe.

Didn't that guy die?

I mean, that was the Dragonball/Z watching experience for me and a lot of early American fans, only replace "weeks" with "years". I first looked up Dragonball on the internet around when the dub was starting Namek I think, and by that point there were full blown synopsizes of everything up through Baby (Super 17 was still new in Japan at the time, iirc). So from that point on I knew everything that was going to happen minus some minor details and filler episodes no one bothered to talk about. It didn't bother me there, but it has been with Super. I think part of it was that when you know things way ahead the excitement shifts from wondering what'll happen to waiting for things to happen. Stuff like "holy shit, I finally get to see when Gohan goes SSJ 2, I've been waiting YEARS". I've been having trouble getting into that mode with Super, probably because a few weeks ahead is long enough to spoil things, but doesn't make you wait long enough you to really want it. Also doesn't help that because I did know everything that was going to happen with the older shows, I was interested in what watching Super blind would be like.

Though honestly if I really wanted to it's not that hard to avoid Super Spoilers. It's not like avoiding Pokémon spoilers or something (which I do for every new game and boy has that become a pain). Mostly the spoilers are just a sacrifice you have to make if you want to discuss the episodes online.

I don't have a point here by the way, just opining on my experience.

That is actually their reason for releasing them. They get called leaks from time to time, but they're actually official spoilers that Toei or Shueisha give to magazines and Tv guides to publish. Ostensibly it's to get viewers excited and let them know when an episode they want to see is coming up, which is supposed to increase viewership. I dunno though, I feel like most people, especially the kids in Japan who are the main target audience, would be more invested in the series and watch more episodes if they just didn't know what was going to happen...but I ain't a marketing expert.

I feel like popular media in general is developing a problem where hyping up a product and the pregame so to speak is getting more emphasis than the actual product, but I digress.

I have things to say about this topic...

As for a subforum in general, I dunno. There's a lot of very different topics that tend to pop up and get discussed at lengh in this tread, but I don't know how many of them could actually sustain their own thread for more than, like, a day, and the amount of people who post here overall ain't that many. Though it wouldn't be the first...less than terribly active Onemanga subforum.

Also don't know about spoilers. It's all well and good with Weekly manga where the spoilers are a few days ahead, but if half the forum is a few weeks ahead of the other half in terms of what's going to happen I'm not sure how that'll work out.

Yeah that too, killed all the Kaoshins, meaning the Hakaishins also died.

Interesting fact is that Supreme Kai is implied being killed by Black instead of being killed by Dabura in the manga.

But they will have to wait 1 year to do so and besides I dont think Champa and Vados will let him find the DBs in his Universe.

Hmm if u think about it carefully, this could serve as an excuse for the Gang to travel to Planet Salada..

I know. That's why Goku will use the SDBs from his timeline to restore the SDBs in Mirai's timeline. Then when that's done, use the Mirai SDBs to wish everyone in the universe who died back to life.

See?

I edited my previous post bro :D .

I forgot to add.. Zeno might not let him use the SDB and he could destroy them for being the main reason this clusterfuck with the timelines happened..

I felt bad for farmer Goku. Poor farmer Goku.

@Ace1225 I think you are on to something with the whole saiyan body with the soul of a God thing. Could explain a lot of things

that means they go back and forth again and create another timeline lol.

Wouldn't Super Saiyan Rose be the next evolution of Super Cyan? Or does everyone think it's just something unique to Zamasu?

Edited by DarkNemesis, 10 October 2016 - 06:14 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:11 PM

nah to me super saiyan rose seems like just ordinary super saiyan, but done by god with god kai.

• Chillman likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#3 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:20 PM

Spoilers dont even bother me, its sometimes nice reading them before watching, therefore i dont need to ask a question about WTF is going on, lol
  • DarkNemesis and waleuska like this

Fabolous ft Trey Songz "All There"

Spoiler

#4 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:22 PM

Goku isnt going to get the SDBs because I think those are going to be the main price in the Omniverse Tournament, a perfect reason to force Trunks participate in the Tournament, if u want the SDBs u have to EARN THEM.

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#5 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:29 PM

Goku isnt going to get the SDBs because I think those are going to be the main price in the Omniverse Tournament, a perfect reason to force Trunks participate in the Tournament, if u want the SDBs u have to EARN THEM.

If Trunks participated, then wouldn't that be the Omni-Time Tournament?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#6 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:36 PM

If Trunks participated, then wouldn't that be the Omni-Time Tournament?

beerus will just be all like:  hes from u 7.

whis thing:  are you sure?  because I don't think....

beerus: I SAID U7 DAMN YOU!

Edited by retroluffy13, 10 October 2016 - 06:36 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#7 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

I wont mind if they plan to increase the number of participants, at most it should be 7 members per Universe.

Another thing, Vegeta doesnt know Trunks had potential(he never knew Trunks was stronger than him way back in the Cell Saga and thats why he thought Gohan had the most potential among the current Saiyans/Hybrids).

I hope next episode they explain about Trunks transformation, Vegeta was about to say something about it...

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#8 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:15 PM

Another thing, Vegeta doesnt know Trunks had potential(he never knew Trunks was stronger than him way back in the Cell Saga and thats why he thought Gohan had the most potential among the current Saiyans/Hybrids).

Maybe the manga is different. But on DB Kai, Cell said that Trunks' power was useless because he was so slow. And Vegeta already knew how to use that form, but chose not to because he understood the downsides. So Trunks thought he was farther along than his father, but really wasn't.

• Strobacaxi and Doan like this

Spoiler

#9 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:30 PM

It was useless when he used USSJ2, iirc even Cell said he was stronger than Vegeta.

Now in his current form that looks like SSJB, it also looks like an imcomplete form, it might have the drawback of destroying his body but he is going to be fine now that they are carrying senzus.

20r7osn.png

#10 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:24 PM

It was useless when he used USSJ2, iirc even Cell said he was stronger than Vegeta.

Now in his current form that looks like SSJB, it also looks like an imcomplete form, it might have the drawback of destroying his body but he is going to be fine now that they are carrying senzus.

Because he specifically attained a transformation that Vegeta (And Goku) was smart enough to avoid altogether, because the transformation itself was useless. Super Saiyan 3rd Grade/Ultra Super Saiyan IS stronger than the form Vegeta used, but its massively slower as well. So Trunks was stronger than Vegeta and dumber than Vegeta at the same time. Didn't have anything to do with potential, unlike SS2 and Mystic for Gohan, or all the other moments he's tapped into his potential throughout the series.

Edited by Ace1225, 10 October 2016 - 08:25 PM.

• JDG973 and Chillman like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#11 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:46 PM

@tenchu - it looks like the people have spoken. no sub-forum for you.

Spoiler

#12 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:47 AM

just use spoiler tags ffs... unnecessary poll.

• Chillman likes this

My skin is cold,
Transfusion with somebody
Morose and old,
Drop into fruitless dying

tumblr_okgkceFwRX1rj32z4o1_400.gif

#13 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

just use spoiler tags ffs... unnecessary poll.

hey man that poll is the emotional bully that's going to keep this thread spoiler free.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#14 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:09 PM

These reactions haha.

• DarkNemesis, Doan, masterbio and 1 other like this

20r7osn.png

#15 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:19 PM

I just hope he doesnt forget to say this on next episode:"You  Blackkarot, I chose you to be one of my first victims".

• Kirito likes this

My skin is cold,
Transfusion with somebody
Morose and old,
Drop into fruitless dying

tumblr_okgkceFwRX1rj32z4o1_400.gif

#16 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:20 PM

You Blackkarot,

Classic!

• Kirito, masterbio and Chillman like this

Spoiler

#17 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,464 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:47 PM

These reactions haha.

That Jamaican guy LMFAOOOOOO
  • DarkNemesis likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#18 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:39 AM

That Jamaican guy LMFAOOOOOO

That guy was legit HYPED!

Spoiler

#19 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:02 AM

legit. reaction videos make me cringe.

unless its a reaction to two girls one cup. that one never gets old.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#20 Black Dranzer

Black Dranzer

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Heart

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

Tears

• retroluffy13, Blackody and masterbio like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users