Photo

Dragon Ball Super (Part 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2000 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we request a new sub-forum? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

How should we go forward?

1. Just use spoiler tags for spoilers and have only one thread? (14 votes [60.87%])

Percentage of vote: 60.87%

2. Have this thread moved to the Semi-Pro section (therefore getting a separate spoiler thread)? (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

3. Have our own sub-forum? (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote

#41 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2962 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

listen, dragonball super has not been good. I don't want more content, I want more good content. I really don't understand why is it so hard to write good DB stories. I think the father of goku was a good story, I loved the idea.

The movie retells werent needed, the Tourney was alright because the 2nd part was strong, Comeson Arc was meh, and the Black Arc has been very fun(most people are enjoying it and its not mixed reactions like before this arc).

• Ace1225 likes this

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#42 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9448 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:35 AM

i say we say nuts to gohan and let trunks be the hero this story needs.

all hail trolly= trunks broly.  king of all trolls.

oh also: subforum.  I'm down

• DarkNemesis likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#43 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15597 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:35 AM

Was Goku's father ever referred to as a scientist?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#44 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6290 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

in the dub, but i think it was the wrong translation.

• DarkNemesis likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#45 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15597 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:39 AM

in the dub, but i think it was the wrong translation.

it was radditz who was supposed to say that right?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#46 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9448 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:41 AM

I mean technically, ive thought abkut it, and creating a technique is technically science.  and also according to saiyan lore, all the technology they had was from frieza so

by definition.  bardock might just be the "most brilliant scientist" of ALL saiyans

like how my dog who pounds on the food dish is technically the most brilliant scientist out of all my animals.

vegeta

Edited by retroluffy13, 13 October 2016 - 11:42 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#47 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3182 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

it was in the stupid dub Your play to try to discredit goku's father has failed

24gvaiu.jpg

#48 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6290 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

you know what i wouldn't mind seeing.

Having a time skip and letting gohan and piccolo training the younger kids.

Pan want to become a fighter in 5 to 6 years. Goten and trunks also want to become fighters but their father are off with beerus and whis training or whatever.

Gohan having a stable income and family life, with the help of piccolo trains the younger guys. They can play around and have fun with also having serious moments.

Also gohan and piccolo can beat the pride out of them. None of that lets beat the opponent at 100%. If wants to start the fight at 15% that is their problem.

Edited by waleuska, 13 October 2016 - 12:00 PM.

• retroluffy13 likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#49 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:56 PM

The movie retells werent needed, the Tourney was alright because the 2nd part was strong, Comeson Arc was meh, and the Black Arc has been very fun(most people are enjoying it and its not mixed reactions like before this arc).

The waste of 20+ episodes by stretching out films we just got was a big mark against this series from the jump for me and it always will be. Just so pointless.

Going forward I think that Akira needs to have someone else be the main character. 

201a2db3f200ff1819cde44367bd4e6df19ee588

Every bad decision or act of idiocy aside, I love Goku's character and I always will. Dragon Ball and Z were huge parts of my childhood and are solid reasons as to why I still enjoy Anime/Manga to this very day. I can still watch those original adventures and enjoy them just as much as I could years ago and each series is filled with great fights and moments, but this character's story has long since run its course. In all honesty, his story was over before GT even started and that was 20 years ago. So if we're going to continue spinning this franchise off going forward (Which i'd rather not do at all) then we need a new main character to follow. It's not like it's impossible to switch up the main cast and have things continue along just fine. Gundam's done it, Digimon's done it, and it's time for Dragon Ball to get serious about doing it as well. Goku's in his 40s (taking years off for the time he was dead), has 2 kids, 1 grandkid, and 1 apprentice in the form of Uub a few years later in the timeline. There's no reason this guy still needs to be the main person we're following anymore. Even the Naruto franchise has recognized this, wrapped up the main character's storyline, and moved on to a new generation.

Realistically

5142860-8608247370-drago.jpg

Gohan's a lost cause at this point. He wants to be a scholar and nothing else? Fine, just have him do that . Make him a researcher focused on creating technology that uses Ki or something. I don't care, because there are 4 other characters we could start following: Kid Trunks, Goten, Uub in a few years, and Pan in a few years. There's really no reason that any of them couldn't serve as a new protagonist once Super is wrapped up and we take a few steps back from this current God level that we're at. Get Goten and Trunks more seriously involved in fighting again or just focus on Goku training Uub and we've got the beginnings of something right there.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#50 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15597 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:04 PM

it was in the stupid dub Your play to try to discredit goku's father has failed

:huh:

I still think making the money grab by making Goku's father the first Super Saiyan or a Super Saiyan at all was just a bad idea and really added nothing to the story.

Also, I just wanted to know where I heard the scientist bit from.

Spoiler

#51 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6290 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:07 PM

:huh:

I still think making the money grab by making Goku's father the first Super Saiyan or a Super Saiyan at all was just a bad idea and really added nothing to the story.

Also, I just wanted to know where I heard the scientist bit from.

No, that was stupid. I think we all can agree to that.

The dub from vegeta.

• DarkNemesis likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#52 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2962 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:08 PM

The waste of 20+ episodes by stretching out films we just got was a big mark against this series from the jump for me and it always will be. Just so pointless.

Going forward I think that Akira needs to have someone else be the main character. 

http://pm1.narvii.com/5865/201a2db3f200f...

Every bad decision or act of idiocy aside, I love Goku's character and I always will. Dragon Ball and Z were huge parts of my childhood and are solid reasons as to why I still enjoy Anime/Manga to this very day. I can still watch those original adventures and enjoy them just as much as I could years ago and each series is filled with great fights and moments, but this character's story has long since run its course. In all honesty, his story was over before GT even started and that was 20 years ago. So if we're going to continue spinning this franchise off going forward (Which i'd rather not do at all) then we need a new main character to follow. It's not like it's impossible to switch up the main cast and have things continue along just fine. Gundam's done it, Digimon's done it, and it's time for Dragon Ball to get serious about doing it as well. Goku's in his 40s (taking years off for the time he was dead), has 2 kids, 1 grandkid, and 1 apprentice in the form of Uub a few years later in the timeline. There's no reason this guy still needs to be the main person we're following anymore. Even the Naruto franchise has recognized this, wrapped up the main character's storyline, and moved on to a new generation.

Realistically

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/ori...

Gohan's a lost cause at this point. He wants to be a scholar and nothing else? Fine, just have him do that . Make him a researcher focused on creating technology that uses Ki or something. I don't care, because there are 4 other characters we could start following: Kid Trunks, Goten, Uub in a few years, and Pan in a few years. There's really no reason that any of them couldn't serve as a new protagonist once Super is wrapped up and we take a few steps back from this current God level that we're at. Get Goten and Trunks more seriously involved in fighting again or just focus on Goku training Uub and we've got the beginnings of something right there.

The only ones that have somehow gotten builds up are Kid Trunks in this Arc and Baby Pan. TBH keeping Goku out of the main cast, would be completely idiotic from all standpoints, I would keep him part of the Main Cast(Hirohiko has done this with Joseph and Jotaro in JJBA), I dont want Toei to pull a Kubo and treat Goku like Kubo has treated Ichigo(side character) or Goku getting nerfed in horrible ways like Post EoS Naruto.

I wont mind if Pan turns out the next Protagonist, so far she has been more likeable than GT Pan, and also in 2016 a lot of fans appreciate female MCs, unlike fans from the 80s and 90s.

Edited by LordPerucho, 13 October 2016 - 01:11 PM.

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#53 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15597 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

Pan seems to be strongest half-breed if not outright Saiyan of the whole cast. I wonder if her participating in the Saiyan God ritual had anything to do with that.

Spoiler

#54 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2962 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:19 PM

Considering she already learned how to fly and unlocked Mystic form(or something similar to that..).

Build up Uub and Pan as Salada and Boruto....ok i know that comparison isnt the best, but u guys get me, lol.

20r7osn.png

#55 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15597 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:29 PM

There better be a Planet Salad arc. There better be. :shakefist:

Is there anyway, that Trunks' training could have been similar or comparable to Cabba's training? Cabba in base matched Vegeta and Cabba had absolutely no Super Saiyan powers whatsoever. So maybe, just maybe, (yes, a huge Shenron level maybe), Trunks did similar training.

• retroluffy13 likes this

Spoiler

#56 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2962 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

Not a fair comparison, Cabba turned SSJ in minutes, maybe Saiyans in U6 have more potential?

And it has already been mentioned hybrid have the most potential, I hope in the next episode they give more details about Trunks transformations.

20r7osn.png

#57 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15597 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:48 PM

Not a fair comparison, Cabba turned SSJ in minutes, maybe Saiyans in U6 have more potential?

I'm not understanding how that's not a fair comparison. Cabba already had more than sufficient power to turn SS. All he needs to be was really angry.

And it has already been mentioned hybrid have the most potential, I hope in the next episode they give more details about Trunks transformations.

In this case, I don't think being a hybrid takes away from the question I'm asking. A significant amount of training or battling had to have occurred for Cabba and Trunks to be on Vegeta's and Goku's level, respectively.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 13 October 2016 - 01:53 PM.

Spoiler

#58 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:50 PM

The only ones that have somehow gotten builds up are Kid Trunks in this Arc and Baby Pan. TBH keeping Goku out of the main cast, would be completely idiotic from all standpoints, I would keep him part of the Main Cast(Hirohiko has done this with Joseph and Jotaro in JJBA), I dont want Toei to pull a Kubo and treat Goku like Kubo has treated Ichigo(side character) or Goku getting nerfed in horrible ways like Post EoS Naruto.

I wont mind if Pan turns out the next Protagonist, so far she has been more likeable than GT Pan, and also in 2016 a lot of fans appreciate female MCs, unlike fans from the 80s and 90s.

Well that's the purpose of having him be present as Uub, or even Trunks, Gotens, or Pans, mentor. Even Naruto is still a very noticeable presence in the series, even though he's no longer the protagonist. Master Roshi has always been memorable, yet the amount of fighting he's done over the years is fairly minimal and that's how it should be when you're focusing on younger characters. That's what i'm saying they should do with Goku and his group. Doesn't require that you remove him from the cast entirely, but it does require pushing him over to the side, while you have a new main character and his or her own group of friends.

Edited by Ace1225, 13 October 2016 - 01:53 PM.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#59 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6290 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

Well that's the purpose of having him be present as Uub, or even Trunks, Gotens, or Pans, mentor. Even Naruto is still a very noticeable presence in the series, even though he's no longer the protagonist.

nah, just kill him off. Let gohan be the mentor. We do not need another goku and vegeta running around.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#60 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:59 PM

nah, just kill him off. Let gohan be the mentor. We do not need another goku and vegeta running around.

I was thinking you could just do both. Goku's the mentor of one kid, Vegeta the mentor of another, and Gohan is also kind of a mentor, but also a researcher into new technology and techniques. I feel like just killing a character off is how you piss people off, unless we're going to jump ahead by years or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users