Photo

Dragon Ball Super (Part 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2000 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we request a new sub-forum? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

How should we go forward?

1. Just use spoiler tags for spoilers and have only one thread? (14 votes [60.87%])

Percentage of vote: 60.87%

2. Have this thread moved to the Semi-Pro section (therefore getting a separate spoiler thread)? (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

3. Have our own sub-forum? (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote

#1741 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

And Goku's the original Super Saiyan we see in the series, as i've said multiple times now. :lolxg: What semantics? You're literally the one who is disagreeing with me and trying to argue the point. :laugh: Talking about semantics.

What? :huh: I fail to see why an angry Goku wouldn't have access to the same power that he'd have normally, in which case he'd still be able to destroy a planet.

Bloodthirsty means you want that person's blood, which means you want to cause that person pain. What are you talking about? :huh: You couldn't possibly get a person's blood through violence without causing them pain.

Not when Goku, as i've covered, is the original Legendary Super Saiyan, the entire reason that this plot point was written into the show, and is the freaking main character of the show :lolxg: Everyone is a person he should eventually be capable of beating. Broly wasn't dead by the end of the first film, as revealed in the second film, but Goku still beat him regardless. Once more, walls that characters strive to overcome are literally meant to be overcome eventually. That's the purpose they serve. They're not supposed to be around as walls for that character forever. That makes no sense. When did I say that every villain has to die? I didn't. I'm saying that Broly would have to die at some point, as long as he remained a villain. The longer he's around as a villain, the more he'd have to die. As a movie villain, him dying just becomes more logical/necessary.

I don't know who Icarus is and I already outlined why the films not being connected to the original story matters in the case of what we're discussing. Yeah, they can do whatever they want. That's obvious and I never said they couldn't. That's not the issue here, whether they can or can't do it. It's whether they should bother trying to. I also listed a number of other reasons.

Other movies doing worse isn't license to do whatever you want as a creator either and is actually terrible reasoning. The fact is that not killing Broly wouldn't have made anymore sense than not killing Cooler, Lord Slug, or any other film villain. None of these guys had the ability to last in the long run, therefore they didn't. They weren't even created to last and these films aren't made for them to last.

Huh? Are you trolling ? You know exactly what he means by original . Unless you don't know the definition of the word , ok but Goku is not the original super sayian ....Original means existing from the beginning ;first or earliest. By that definition he is not the original super sayian according to DBZ lore....
  • DarkNemesis likes this

#1742 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

lol the Broly talk is done.

Good. :D

Still blows my mind that there are people who apparently think he's a better villain than Frieza.

Frieza wasn't the greatest villain for sure. But out of the DB villains he's among the top. 

As for Broly being a better villain then Frieza? Yeah just no ..... just no.

Honestly for me. I'd say Broly is weaker than Garlic Jr. in terms of being a villain. An that's kind of bad. lol

But hey, that's opinions for you.

Yep

#1743 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Huh? Are you trolling ? You know exactly what he means by original . Unless you don't know the definition of the word , ok but Goku is not the original super sayian ....Original means existing from the beginning ;first or earliest. By that definition he is not the original super sayian according to DBZ lore....

Dude, I'M the one who said Goku was the original Super Saiyan and he's the one who has an issue with it  :lolxg: What he wants the term to mean is irrelevant. What I meant when I said it is. And as you just pointed out, one definition for the term original is first. Therefore, Goku was the first, as in the original Super Saiyan to appear in the series. We have covered this multiple times now. There is nothing wrong with the statement in any way.  :rolleyes: There's really nothing to argue about and no reason that this issue should have been carried on.

Good. :D

Frieza wasn't the greatest villain for sure. But out of the DB villains he's among the top. 

As for Broly being a better villain then Frieza? Yeah just no ..... just no.

Honestly for me. I'd say Broly is weaker than Garlic Jr. in terms of being a villain. An that's kind of bad. lol

Yep

After today's debate, i'd honestly place Frieza as the greatest DBZ villain. Maybe the greatest villain in the franchise. Have to think about it some more first.

Broly and Garlic Jr. are both weak villains. Don't really know which i'd consider to be weaker. Never thought about it to be honest.

Edited by Ace1225, 10 January 2017 - 08:58 PM.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#1744 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

Now it seems like you're falling to your initial trolling from this morning

Says the troll who fell first :lolxg:

So in all seriousness, the greatest DB villains is a short list. Frieza is the best villain on DBZ by far. Broly and Cell, IMO, can fight for second place.

Still blows my mind that there are people who apparently think he's a better villain than Frieza.

Glad you're not talking about me.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 10 January 2017 - 08:59 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1745 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:59 PM

Says the troll who fell first :lolgx:

Glad you're not talking about me.

Wasn't trolling. That would require me to have been joking, arguing for no purpose, or to not believe everything i've stated today, which certainly isn't the case.

Comment wasn't about you. Glad you're glad though.

Edited by Ace1225, 10 January 2017 - 09:05 PM.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#1746 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

After today's debate, i'd honestly place Frieza as the greatest DBZ villain. Maybe the greatest villain in the franchise. Have to think about it some more first.

Not sure. But I don't really think on it much myself on who's thee best TBH.

Broly and Garlic Jr. are both weak villains. Don't really know which i'd consider to be weaker. Never thought about it to be honest.

True. For me Jr. while weak an quite pathetic, I'd say is better than Broly. 

I mean let's look at what seems to be Broly's core of being. He's supposed to be a Savage Hulk. A beast of rage and insanity, that just wrecks everyone and thing. An while that can be okay and good in some ways, as not every villain needs to be some sophisticated uptight a-hole. It just doesn't really work for Broly, when as mentioned earlier you have pretty much all of the DB villains doing just that to the hero and his group of friends an family. What Broly brings to the table is nothing new, and nothing not seen before. He's just a more purer form of the same old same old in DB.

Garlic does the same thing. But unlike Broly he's more than just a wrecking ball. An that makes him more of a character, as well more of a better character than Broly.

Edited by Narubi, 10 January 2017 - 09:08 PM.

• Ace1225 likes this

#1747 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

That Seth guy already covered this in a video.

My bad dude, I just saw this. I would have responded to it earlier if I had. There's another video I saw a while back that did similar calculations about Broly destroying galaxies and such. I don't know about him being "anymore powerful than anyone's actually given him credit for" however. Broly's fans bring up this concept on a pretty regular basis. Seth just happens to be breaking it down, with more detail than the average person on the internet does. This reminds me of the video someone showed me, also a while back lol, about Gohan possibly being stronger than people gave him credit for. Just like that one though, I feel like this vid doesn't really give much new information on the average perception of the character's strength. Thanks for sharing though and I see that he now has a video on how strong Sasuke is, which i'm going to go ahead and check out now. And I see there's a Naruto video as well. Wonderful.  B)

True. For me Jr. while weak an quite pathetic, I'd say is better than Broly. 

I mean let's look at what seems to be Broly's core of being. He's supposed to be a Savage Hulk. A beast of rage and insanity, that just wrecks everyone and thing. An while that can be okay and good in some ways, as not every villain needs to be some sophisticated uptight a-hole. It just doesn't really work for Broly, when as mentioned earlier you have pretty much all of the DB villains doing just that to the hero and his group of friends an family. What Broly brings to the table is nothing new, and nothing not seen before. He's just a more purer form of the same old same old in DB.

Garlic does the same thing. But unlike Broly he's more than just a wrecking ball. An that makes him more of a character, as well more of a better character than Broly.

That's fair. 

• JDG973 likes this

#1748 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

For people, who stopped talking about Broly, you all sure are talking about Broly.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1749 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

What can I say man? Talking about Broly is like talking about Sakura. Once you've started you just can't stop.

Not to get off topic, but if you guys have never seen it you should watch Seth's vid on Sasuke. 

Edited by Ace1225, 10 January 2017 - 09:27 PM.

• JDG973 likes this

#1750 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

@Ace1225 lol you changed the definition of original to support your point the "as in first of series" . No. Vegeta spoke about the original super sayian is in the first one to ever ascend to that level , Goku isn't original anything but I'm exhausted now, too lazy to write anything else good convo though . It's healthy when fans of a series can engage like this.

#1751 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

yeah i saw.  seths opened my mind to the op nature of end series naruto.

i buy that they're planet busters now.

• Ace1225 likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#1752 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

yeah i saw. seths opened my mind to the op nature of end series naruto.

i buy that they're planet busters now.

Not to get of topic, but definitely. I've considered Naruto and Sasuke planetary for a while, since a person on a different forum broke it down for me like two years ago. Seth is good with the calculations though and laying it all out in a short amount of time. Really good that he consistently brings in scans to really back him up too.

#1753 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Well to Seth's point, I'm just gonna treat the movies as if they are a different timeline. And since everyone seems to reflect the characters from the main story timeline, I'm also gonna assume they are around the same power level. Although, Goku and Gohan are supposed to be in constant SSJ mode. In the movie (which I'm watching now), they're both in base mode. So like Seth mentioned, their power levels may be lower than their main story counterparts. They may not even be Perfect SSJ form.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 10 January 2017 - 09:57 PM.

Spoiler

#1754 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:33 PM

Normally I'd argue that Nardiot and Sasukiot, are about city to maybe continent level.

Hard time believing them to being anything more than that. Considering not only the best from them, but those also around them at or around their level.

I mean at best the only thing at a higher level then city or continent from the series. Is/Was Toneri's moon slice in "The Last", and Hagoromo's creation of the Moon itself.

Though Toneri had the Tenseigan, which is mostly unknown, and also temporary. An Hagoromo aside from his own power had the complete an full power of the Juubi/Kaguya at his disposal as well. .

But from pretty much everything else. The most we get at peak, is city to continent.

However I'll admit I don't know this Seth nor seen his video's. Maybe at some point I'll give them a watch. As is though, I don't buy it.

An please don't say things like "Well it's not like we see Goku do planet busting, but we know he can".  Yeah I know we don't see Goku planet busting. But we don't really need to just to know that he is. Since he's got characters around him who do it or have done it already. Plus it's elementary at this point that Goku is logically a planet buster. I mean in early DB we had Roshi destroy the moon at a power lvl of 130. A level of which Goku and others have far FAR surpassed long ago. Thus it's simple to believe that Goku can bust planets or more at his current level if people just barely over a hundred can bust moons.

Edited by Narubi, 10 January 2017 - 10:37 PM.

• Ace1225 and Chillman like this

#1755 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

Well to Seth's point, I'm just gonna treat the movies as if they are a different timeline. And since everyone seems to reflect the characters from the main story timeline, I'm also gonna assume they are around the same power level. Although, Goku and Gohan are supposed to be in constant SSJ mode. In the movie (which I'm watching now), they're both in base mode. So like Seth mentioned, their power levels may be lower than their main story counterparts. They may not even be Perfect SSJ form.

So now I'm at the point where Goku and Broly really start fighting. Now in the main storyline, Goku believes that Gohan is not only stronger than him, but strong enough to take on Cell. But in the movie, Broly threatens Gohan and Goku tells Gohan to scram. Clearly this movie Gohan isn't Perfect SSJ Gohan.

They get beaten to near-death, according to Goku, and got senzu beans. So.... zenkai boost.

LOL @ Piccolo handling Vegeta, literally, like a turnip.

And they get beaten to near-death a second time. With Goku needing the power of 3 SSJs and SSJ-level Namek to edge out the win.

Interestingly, last shot of Broly as a baby looked a lot like Gohan as a baby.

If this timeline does have a Cell games, then Goku or Gohan Perfect form SSJ should have been enough to stop Perfect Cell.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 10 January 2017 - 11:10 PM.

Spoiler

#1756 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:25 AM

Stop arguing about 3rd rate villains.

Lets talk about something better like how smart is gohan.

I think if gohan was bama level of smartness that would get his fans off of his back.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1757 Kamikazek

Kamikazek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:44 AM

There was a little bit about the new arc in the Japanese magazine "animedia"

https://twitter.com/...104707591344129

Seem like Goku is training for the tournament with Krillen? Interesting.

Other than that there's really nothing new...except that Goku maybe reminds Zeno about the tournament I guess?

• Tokoya likes this

#1758 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

Stop arguing about 3rd rate villains.

Lets talk about something better like how smart is gohan.

I think if gohan was bama level of smartness that would get his fans off of his back.

Gohan is a bum

#1759 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

Gohan is a bum

Yeah, he is. It would have been nice if Gohan has diagnosed his dad during that whole ki unbalance episode Goku had. At least, we would have known he's using all those smarts for something useful. A hint that he's not completely out of the game.

Now we just get to watch Gohan gasp every 5 minutes at something he sees during the ki light show.

I still wanna see a Future Trunks + Gohan team up. And I want my Planet Salad arc.

• KUROkami likes this

Spoiler

#1760 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

C14LWtDUsAEx6Gr.jpg

C14LWrYUoAAWZIK.jpg

C14LWrBUcAAtW4V.jpg

Krillin is the strongest Earthling, sorry Tenshinhan fans.

• Blue22 likes this

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users