Photo

Dragon Ball Super (Part 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2000 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we request a new sub-forum? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

How should we go forward?

1. Just use spoiler tags for spoilers and have only one thread? (14 votes [60.87%])

Percentage of vote: 60.87%

2. Have this thread moved to the Semi-Pro section (therefore getting a separate spoiler thread)? (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

3. Have our own sub-forum? (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote

#1781 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

Well nothing in their origin goes to say they weren't normal day to day natural an native humans. An again sure they're now modified into Cyborgs, but even so they are still human.Thus they should still be eligible for the title of strongest Earthling. 

Unless the staff or Toriyama, is suggesting that just cause they're modified in any way that they're not human or eligible to be considered human anymore?

The thing is, Krillin and 18 had a child...And 18's not an alien, so it isn't like there's some kind of cross creeding going on. She doesn't have any kind of DNA except that of a human. So, what could she really be considered except human? Yeah, more I think about this the less sense it makes.

• Narubi likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#1782 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,873 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

dragonball super has been an utter failure, lets be honest here.

I wouldn't say that its a failure (I mean cmon, the ratings and sales are high af in Japan) but it's definitely the weakest out of the 3 series minus GT which is still the worst if you factor it in

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1783 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

dragonball super has been an utter failure, lets be honest here.

Agreed. It had a lot of potential. They dropped the ball.
  • tenchu likes this

#1784 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

At some point, he'll have to, if he doesn't want to be completely useless.

Have to and able to are different things.

#1785 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

We had issues with the Frieza movie and that had amazing art and animation. The inconsistent power levels, the treatment of gohan, and the main focus of goku and Vegeta have been things we've been whining about for a while now.

CGI is amazing animation?

And last episode proved why Gohan cant be a protagonist, its like people only liked him during the Cell Saga, and no one cared for him before.

• JDG973 likes this

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#1786 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

Gohan is a bum

Yeah, he is. It would have been nice if Gohan has diagnosed his dad during that whole ki unbalance episode Goku had. At least, we would have known he's using all those smarts for something useful. A hint that he's not completely out of the game.

Now we just get to watch Gohan gasp every 5 minutes at something he sees during the ki light show.

I still wanna see a Future Trunks + Gohan team up. And I want my Planet Salad arc.

So you guys have no idea what a bum is.

A bum is someone that doesn't have a job. Goku and vegeta

A bum rather play with his hobby than care about his family. Goku and vegeta

Calling gohan a bum because he isn't training and rather have a job and rather take care of his family doesn't make him a bum.

With gohan, i rather him build an android as power as cell.

And last episode proved why Gohan cant be a protagonist, its like people only liked him during the Cell Saga, and no one cared for him before.

Gohan was always a fan favorite on the USA side.

• retroluffy13, JDG973 and Blue22 like this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1787 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

No, my question is if people only started to like Gohan during the Cell Saga.

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#1788 Kirito

Kirito

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

No, my question is if people only started to like Gohan during the Cell Saga.

He became one of my favorites during namek saga and then my favorite during garlic Jr saga...then trunks showed up and he took second.

#1789 Kamikazek

Kamikazek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

In regards to the whole "earthling" thing.

1. "Chikyujin/Earthling" is less a matter of species and more point of origin. That's somewhat apparent from the term itself but more apparent because Bulma, Oolong, Puar, Giran, ect. are all "earthlings". (also, humorously, if we were using the biological species concept to determine species humans and Saiyans would be the same species since they can clearly crossbreed and produce fertile offspring because Pan).

2. That said, characters like Gohan, Trunks or Piccolo Jr. are never refereed to as earthlings despite being born on earth and living there their whole life.

3. Tienshinhan is mentioned as having alien ancestry, but is always refereed to as an earthing including, iirc, in the very same guidebook where they mention he has alien ancestry.

4. The androids are generally mentioned separately from earthlings for no particular reason.

5. Also worth noting that while "ningen/human" in normal Japanese or any other anime refers specifically to the human race in DB it means "anything not a god, demon or android". Saiyans, Namekians, Freiza, ect. So between that and the use of earthlings there actually is no term in dragonball to refer specifically to human race characters like Krillen, Bulma, Yamcha, ect.

What I'm getting at here is it's all nonsense.

• Chillman likes this

#1790 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

Have you seen Berserk? There's good and bad versions. 

People grew to love Gohan during the Cell saga, the way people grew to love Vegeta during the Buu saga, and Piccolo during the Saiyan saga.

#1791 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

The Cell Saga is definitely seen as the high point for Gohan's character and his development, with it being everything that came after that made him decline in popularity.

• Chillman likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#1792 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

So you guys have no idea what a bum is.

A bum is someone that doesn't have a job. Goku and vegeta
A bum rather play with his hobby than care about his family. Goku and vegeta

Calling gohan a bum because he isn't training and rather have a job and rather take care of his family doesn't make him a bum.

With gohan, i rather him build an android as power as cell.

Gohan was always a fan favorite on the USA side.

Gohan isn't an interesting character plain and simple.

He was fine during the sayain saga, namek, cell, and boo. But the whole hesitant to fight thing got old after a while, he started getting stale after cell.

He isn't going to be relevant ever again , unless it's to get steamrolled by some new main villian ( or fodder ).

And he never was interested in training . No motivation to protect his 'family' unless death, magic potential unlocked , or rage power up. Actually he was so much more badass on namek then he is now, nothing's wrong with him being a family man. Nothing at all...he can do both it's not like he has 30 children , he has one lol he could train especially with everything that's been going on lately you would think he would be like damn I need to get back to my training in case something happens.

Edited by KUROkami, 11 January 2017 - 11:50 PM.

#1793 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:39 AM

Gohan isn't an interesting character plain and simple.

He was fine during the sayain saga, namek, cell, and boo. But the whole hesitant to fight thing got old after a while, he started getting stale after cell.

He isn't going to be relevant ever again , unless it's to get steamrolled by some new main villian ( or fodder ).

And he never was interested in training . No motivation to protect his 'family' unless death, magic potential unlocked , or rage power up. Actually he was so much more badass on namek then he is now, nothing's wrong with him being a family man. Nothing at all...he can do both it's not like he has 30 children , he has one lol he could train especially with everything that's been going on lately you would think he would be like damn I need to get back to my training in case something happens.

Why does he need to train when it is going to be daddy to save the day anyway?

You are acting like he is still the strongest in the series. It only took one movie for him to lose that title on no fault on his own. And yet vegeta over took him in the next year.

Do you remember how vegeta got to be as strong as goku? 1 whole year of training by himself with whis.

Gohan actual have a life beside fighting and is actual taking care of his kid. Why should he try to keep up with bum 1 and bum 2 in strength?

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1794 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

So Gohan has daddy issues?

You are acting like he is still the strongest in the series.

He was. And still should be.

It only took one movie for him to lose that title on no fault on his own.

I disagree. It was all his fault he lost his title.

And yet vegeta over took him in the next year.

Vegeta is actually being a Saiyan. Just sayin.

Do you remember how vegeta got to be as strong as goku? 1 whole year of training by himself with whis.

Gohan had what? 15? 18 years?

Gohan actual have a life beside fighting and is actual taking care of his kid. Why should he try to keep up with bum 1 and bum 2 in strength?

How about Toriyama and the rest of you stop acting like child-rearing prevents you from doing anything. We know he has a family. We know he can't do things on a whim. But are you really telling me that Mr. Satan can't buy Gohan a gravity training machine for his birthday? Really? Gohan can't go to the GTM on the weekends? Is that really so impossible?
  • KUROkami likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1795 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,867 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

How about Toriyama and the rest of you stop acting like child-rearing prevents you from doing anything. We know he has a family. We know he can't do things on a whim. But are you really telling me that Mr. Satan can't buy Gohan a gravity training machine for his birthday? Really? Gohan can't go to the GTM on the weekends? Is that really so impossible?

its priorities man.  not saying he couldn't do it.  but it would take away from his studies which is obviously what he's more interested in.

also wouldn't help him become the strongest reguardless seeing as goku and vegeta train 24/7 every day all day when they can.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#1796 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

You are acting like he is still the strongest in the series. It only took one movie for him to lose that title on no fault on his own. And yet vegeta over took him in the next year.

I agree with some of what your saying but when you live in a world of talking dragons , gods of destructions and rogue gods, better to be safe than sorry

#1797 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

its priorities man.  not saying he couldn't do it.  but it would take away from his studies which is obviously what he's more interested in.

also wouldn't help him become the strongest reguardless seeing as goku and vegeta train 24/7 every day all day when they can.

Weekends? Really? Plus, he WAS Mystic. And SSG or SSB is about calmness and ki control. (Based on what we've seen, I don't understand how, but supposedly it is) And who better embodies that than Gohan?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1798 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

Bottom line, there's zero reason that Gohan couldn't be the main character or be the strongest in the series, or continue to train, if the writer wanted him to. I feel like some people use this need to study excuse as if this isn't a fictional story where anything can happen. Not like the kid didn't always study and still get written into adventures and training, which led to him being the strongest being in the universe for a brief moment.

• Blue22, KUROkami and Chillman like this

#1799 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,867 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

Weekends? Really?

trains over the weekends vs trains everyday all day?

for all you know he does train over the weekends to keep his strength up.  still wouldn't make him  the strongest.  to do that hed have to give up on hios studies entirely just to keep up with goku and geets.  and beyond that, just to catch up, hed have to visit the chamber of space and time every single day for at least a week.

actually...

couldn't gohan just use the room of space and time to study?  get done in a litteral minute what would take him all day otherwise?

he certainly isn't using his assets to the best of his abilities...

of course, writers don't think about shit like that unless its about training, so no surprise there.

Edited by retroluffy13, 12 January 2017 - 11:06 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#1800 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

trains over the weekends vs trains everyday all day?

Yes, at least he'd still be Mystic Gohan and be stronger than SSJ3 Goku and probably SSJ2 Rage Vegeta.

Plus, there's a gravity settings. So he could always challenge himself when he wanted to.

Also, didn't he train with Piccolo for the U7-U6 tournament? So clearly he could make the time to train if he wanted to and not let it get in the way of his studies.

for all you know he does train over the weekends to keep his strength up.

We know prior to the tournament he didn't 

still wouldn't make him  the strongest.

Wouldn't make him a bum either? 

to do that hed have to give up on hios studies entirely just to keep up with goku and geets.

Bullshit. It took him days to go from bum SSJ2 back to awesome SSJ2. Then he went Mystic the day after because of Kami voodoo. He could learn Kaioken or some other training regimen from the Supreme Kais if he wanted to.

and beyond that, just to catch up, hed have to visit the chamber of space and time every single day for at least a week.

That doesn't make sense. Gohan was a regular half-Saiyan and caught up to Goku in the space of a year in the ROSAT and exceeded him in power with time to spare. It wouldn't take him the equivalent of 7 years to catch up to Goku or Vegeta. Even if he started now. I mean SS2 Trunks > SSJ3 Goku. And that's after Goku had extreme training. We know Trunks hasn't had the amount of training and fights Goku has or Vegeta.

In short, whether Gohan had been training the whole time or Gohan started training tomorrow, not only could he catch up with Goku and Vegeta, but he shouldn't be that far behind in the first place.

actually...

couldn't gohan just use the room of space and time to study?  get done in a litteral minute what would take him all day otherwise?

he certainly isn't using his assets to the best of his abilities...

of course, writers don't think about shit like that unless its about training, so no surprise there.

LOL. You know, I never thought of that. If he had all of his course material and syllabi ahead of time, he certainly could.
  • Ace1225 likes this

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users