Character sheet:
Spoiler

Sample/my CS:

Spoiler

NPCs

Spoiler

FAQ

Spoiler

Edited by RathyOro, 23 October 2016 - 09:21 PM.

• Blue22 likes this

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:41 PM

This is my first idea but it might change since I'm going to be mostly supporting and I don't want to use NPCs as teammates

Spoiler

Edited by Jekkusormi, 13 October 2016 - 01:25 PM.

• Jekkusormi likes this

#3 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:33 PM

My concept thus far. Sadly, his aptitudes are very similar to Chiraku's but hey, it's an idea. :)

Spoiler

I really like the concept of Chiraku. A back-liner, who helps out the team with freaking Earth Release. It's like having a mortar team as your support. I like it! :lol: But...

Chiraku's Physical Stats are really weird for a Genjutsu user/Backliner . He doesn't have an overwhelming amount of Chakra Skill and accuracy, yet an overwhelming amount of Strength and Endurance? It's like putting a guy with a shotgun in a sniper's position in my opinion.

Also, can he have that many jutsus? Hasn't he already filled his quota with the three C-ranked ones?

Edited by Morfeus, 13 October 2016 - 03:57 PM.

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#4 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

Lemme know if I did this right. Never tried an RP with a points system before :P

Spoiler

Edited by Blue22, 13 October 2016 - 02:21 PM.

• eemo23 likes this

#5 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:49 PM

@Jekkusormi: God your a big kid. Do you have a last name? Your ninja tools don't have to match mine, being that you are bigger and stronger than I am you can carry even more stuff if you want, However the more stuff the more noticeable you are. Also Morfeus is right you have already hit you jutsu cap with three c rank jutsu, so you will have to drop one or swap out with a lower ranking, and what is the rank of your custom jutsu, which I'm guessing is your genjutsu? You can place your sensory technique under free jutsu since you are either born a sensor or not (as far as I can tell). If someone feels/knows differently please correct me. Just fix what I have mentioned and you will be good to go. Also like Morfeus said I like Chariku too.

@Morfeus: Overall nice. I especially like how he is pretty much an assassin in the making. The only thing about your cs would be the summoning scrolls. Animal summons are considered C rank jutsu. So I don't know if you want to change that around. But being that I am making adjustments to stuff any way you can put it down as an E rank justu that costs 1. For the genjutsu part of your technique what sense are you manipulating once you get behind them in order to put them under the genjutsu, their eyesight?

@Blue22: Ah a fellow leaf ninja. I like the character and clan. I think It would probably be better to put focus mode as a byproduct of your clan or making it a KG since it is pretty much a technique and then we can decide on what effects it will have on you. You still have 2 aptitude points leftover to distribute. Also you have too many jutsu since three of them are C rank. 

Oh and to all three of you please put down why you were chosen to join the Joint Shinobi Academy.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#6 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:52 PM

Oh man. Super psyched for this!! I'll start looking for inspiration tonight!

My grasp on the Naruto universe is so hazy these days, so I'm probably going to be the scrub who piggybacks on a pre-established clan. (・∀・)

Anyone want to form a squad? I'm thinking of making a medical/genjutsu user. Prrrrobably Konoha...? Maybe I'll make her a Yamanaka if I can find a way around the ino-shika-cho tradition.

Quick question, Rath, which villages are the most affected by the war aftermath? I definitely want the political climate to be a factor in my character's background, so any more details on the current events, any international prejudices in the ninja world, etc. would be super appreciated!

#7 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:17 PM

@Blue22: Ah a fellow leaf ninja. I like the character and clan. I think It would probably be better to put focus mode as a byproduct of your clan or making it a KG since it is pretty much a technique and then we can decide on what effects it will have on you.

Yeah I thought about it being a KG, but I wasn't too keen on the idea, only because it's what makes him so special in comparison to the rest of the Saigen clan (and the reason why he was chosen for the Joint Shinobi Academy)...though I could say that it's actually a Kekkai Genkai from his father's side of the family, I guess.

You still have 2 aptitude points leftover to distribute. Also you have too many jutsu since three of them are C rank.

You may have seen my post before I edited it...unless I still something wrong even after the edit :P

After I figured out exactly how the points system worked (or at least I think I did) and realized I wanted him to eventually learn an A-Rank Jutsu, I took away one of his four C-Rank Jutsus (I would have had to anyway) and nerfed some of his aptitude skills so that he'd have 10 points leftover to use later...again, at least I think that's how that works. I'm not entirely sure :lolxg:

Edited by Blue22, 12 October 2016 - 07:23 PM.

#8 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:18 PM

My grasp on the Naruto universe is so hazy these days, so I'm probably going to be the scrub who piggybacks on a pre-established clan. (・∀・)

Anyone want to form a squad? I'm thinking of making a medical/genjutsu user. Prrrrobably Konoha...? Maybe I'll make her a Yamanaka if I can find a way around the ino-shika-cho tradition.

Quick question, Rath, which villages are the most affected by the war aftermath? I definitely want the political climate to be a factor in my character's background, so any more details on the current events, any international prejudices in the ninja world, etc. would be super appreciated!

SOTTO! Sunagakure  and Tanigakure are the most devastated major/minor villages respectively. The smaller villages overall have suffered the most, just like in normal warfare. Konoha, in terms of damage, is the least devastated followed by Kirigakure. Kumogakure being the advancing side in their battle with Suna was not initially hurt by the war effort, outside of depleting resources, but they had the unfortunate luck of having the 7 and 8 tailed beast being reborn within their borders and wreaking havoc, which is what forced their retreat. Kumo believes themselves to be better than Suna since they only stopped their advance to protect the homeland, they believe Suna was behind the assassination of one of their countries diplomats as retaliation for the war. Suna, obviously, hates them in return and has an unofficial capture and kill policy for any Sumo ninja passing through or along their borders. Kiri is suffering from sever shortages due to Iwagakure's leapfrogging tactics during the war. However, since Iwa was so far from the homeland it became a battle of attrition. Once Konoha and the smaller villages closed their borders forcing Iwa to cut through Sumo, they were unable to maintain the war effort and so retreated. Since Kumo allowed Iwa to pass, Kiri has no love for them as well. SImilarly Suna has no love for Iwa for allowing Kumo to cross along their borders unchallenged, and also provided them with relief soldiers when the tailed beasts appeared.

I hope that is enough and clarifies things for you.

Yeah I thought about it being a KG, but I wasn't too keen on the idea, only because it's what makes him so special in comparison to the rest of the Saigen clan (and the reason why he was chosen for the Joint Shinobi Academy)...though I could say that it's actually a Kekkai Genkai from his father's side of the family, I guess.

You may have seen my post before I edited it...unless I still something wrong even after the edit :P

After I figured out exactly how the points system worked (or at least I think I did) and realized I wanted him to eventually learn an A-Rank Jutsu, I took away one of his four C-Rank Jutsus (I would have had to anyway) and nerfed some of his aptitude skills so that he'd have 10 points leftover to use later...again, at least I think that's how that works. I'm not entirely sure :lolxg:

You could make him a once in a generation prodigy or something like that. This way he is still special.  :shrug:

Your right I was commenting while you were editing. Although I see where the confusion is. Your points are exclusive from each other so jutsu points and aptitude points cannot be added together. I did this on purpose so people wouldn't com out the gate with major stuff unless they wanted to sacrifice a versatile arsenal. I do plan to give people the opportunity to gain points so that by the time the exams role around you can have something. It is also to help keep everyone balanced, at least at the start. 0 aptitude in genjutsu would be really bad since you wouldn't be able to break out of it at all. I hope that clears it up.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#9 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:46 PM

You could make him a once in a generation prodigy or something like that. This way he is still special.  :shrug:

Actually...now that I think about it some more, I think I do like the idea of it being a trait from his father's clan that he's sorta lost control of because his intense training has driven him semi-insane :lolxg: (hence the dramatic change in his personality whenever it's activated)

I already said his Dad's an accomplished Medical Ninja and a Focused Mode would definitely explain why he's considered one of the best :shrug:

Your right I was commenting while you were editing. Although I see where the confusion is. Your points are exclusive from each other so jutsu points and aptitude points cannot be added together. I did this on purpose so people wouldn't com out the gate with major stuff unless they wanted to sacrifice a versatile arsenal. I do plan to give people the opportunity to gain points so that by the time the exams role around you can have something. It is also to help keep everyone balanced, at least at the start. 0 aptitude in genjutsu would be really bad since you wouldn't be able to break out of it at all. I hope that clears it up.

Oooooh okay. In that case, I've got some editing to do lol (I didn't even think about the Genjutsu thing)

Thanks for clearing that up.

Edited by Blue22, 12 October 2016 - 09:49 PM.

• RathyOro likes this

#10 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:55 AM

@Morfeus: Overall nice. I especially like how he is pretty much an assassin in the making. The only thing about your cs would be the summoning scrolls. Animal summons are considered C rank jutsu. So I don't know if you want to change that around. But being that I am making adjustments to stuff any way you can put it down as an E rank justu that costs 1. For the genjutsu part of your technique what sense are you manipulating once you get behind them in order to put them under the genjutsu, their eyesight?

Yeah, I thought about the scrolls too, so I changed them so that they now summon scythes instead that can be used for ranged attacks and dual-wielded in close quarter combat.

I might change the Genjutsu entirely and instead make it shadow-oriented - like, disappearing into one shadow and appearing in your target's? But still keeping the target under the impression, through Genjutsu, that you're still in front of him. It's not an entirely original idea but it might be more "rational".

• RathyOro likes this

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#11 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:28 AM

Well I edited some of my character bio. My Strenght was high because he is so big but changed so only Endurance stays high because Chariku don't exercise physically that much. I'm not sure how many Jutsus I'm able to use now since my Genjutsu is class D. Oh and how much I can carry stuff now since I dropepd my Strenght?

Edited by Jekkusormi, 13 October 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#12 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:02 AM

Political deetz were a huge help in building inspiration! Thanks dude!!

Spoiler

Spoiler me talking to myself while writing this

Hope this is all okay. Admittedly haven't done this in a while.

Did I go too hard with the flowers in the tools section? They're going to be her main mode of combat, so I figured they should be useful. I don't think their effects are super strong, though, since they have to be directly ingested to do any serious damage. They're not as strong as poisonous ninjutsu, at least.

Also, if any Konoha kids want to plot out pre-established connections, I'm totally here for that. B)

Edited by Sotto Voce, 13 October 2016 - 01:39 PM.

• Raiden, Blue22 and RathyOro like this

#13 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:45 AM

@Jekkusormi: Good stuff, nice changes, you have 2 points leftover. Just put why you were chosen or recommended to join in your bio and you'll be good to go.

@Morfeus: Oh so now he has a way to protect himself if he cant get the OHK. Cool, just place why you were chosen/recommended to join in your bio. Also maybe it's just me but I can't tell what sense you are using to activate your genjutsu (if you are keeping it as a genjutsu). Like I know Jekk's jutsu wont work on a person who is not in contact with the ground or who is out of reach. Or like a sharingan genjutsu won't work without direct eye contact. That is what's confusing me.

@Blue22: Lookin good, the only thing is that you have 0 jutsu points leftover and four more aptitude points to spread between nin, tai, and gen. Oh and do you want focus mode to have an effect on your physical stats?

Edited by RathyOro, 13 October 2016 - 04:24 PM.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#14 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:28 PM

@Jekkusormi: Good stuff, nice changes, you have 2 points leftover. Just put why you were chosen or recommended to join in your bio and you'll be good to go.

@Morfeus:Oh so now he has a way to protect himself if he cant get the OHK. Cool, just place why you were chosen/recommended to join intour bio. Also maybe it'sjust be but I can't tell what sense you are using to activate your genjutsu (if you are keeping it as a genjutsu). Like I know Jekk's jutsu wont work on a person who is not in contact with the ground or who is out of reach. Or like a sharingan genjutsu won't work without direct eye contact. That is what's confusing me.

@Blue22: Lookin good, the only thing is that you have 0 jutsu points leftover and four more aptitude points to spread between nin, tai, and gen. Oh and do you want focus mode to have an effect on your physical stats?

So can I have 3 C-ranks and X-number on D-ranks or what?

I'd like to but seems like I need to edit my bio since we are from different villages. I was prepared for it anyway since didn't think Iwa had such a huge fanbase as Konoha

#15 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

@Blue22: Lookin good, the only thing is that you have 0 jutsu points leftover and four more aptitude points to spread between nin, tai, and gen.

Lol I knew I was forgetting something. Damn I'm bad at this XD

Oh and do you want focus mode to have an effect on your physical stats?

Heh...you know...It is more of a mental thing, but I guess it would affect things like his accuracy, stealth, and Chakra Skill.

#16 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

Also, if any Konoha kids want to plot out pre-established connections, I'm totally here for that. B)

If I read your bio right, you were a year behind at the Academy. That would put you in the same year as my character, so perhaps they were classmates :P

#17 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

Made some changes!

Spoiler

Edited by Morfeus, 13 October 2016 - 04:21 PM.

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#18 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

Political deetz were a huge help in building inspiration! Thanks dude!!

Spoiler

Spoiler me talking to myself while writing this

Hope this is all okay. Admittedly haven't done this in a while.

Did I go too hard with the flowers in the tools section? They're going to be her main mode of combat, so I figured they should be useful. I don't think their effects are super strong, though, since they have to be directly ingested to do any serious damage. They're not as strong as poisonous ninjutsu, at least.

Ugh another poison user, you guys are sooo annoying to fight lol. Buuuut

Nice, I like the attention to detail and use of the nations politics within her story. Looking over it again....good job everything is right, and welcome to the academy.

So can I have 3 C-ranks and X-number on D-ranks or what?

I'd like to but seems like I need to edit my bio since we are from different villages. I was prepared for it anyway since didn't think Iwa had such a huge fanbase as Konoha

No, C-rank jutsu cost 5 points each, D-rank cost 3, and you start with 15 points. 2 Cs and 1 D equal 13 so you have 2 points left over. Also please, pleeeeeeease don't switch villages, I'm loving the diversity in the cast. Unless of course you really want to then it's fine.

Lol I knew I was forgetting something. Damn I'm bad at this XD

Heh...you know...It is more of a mental thing, but I guess it would affect things like his accuracy, stealth, and Chakra Skill.

Nah your doing fine. With the changes you have made you are good to go. Welcome to the academy.

So for focused mode I'm thinking your stats are multiplied 1.5x. The ones affected will be Accuracy, Stealth, Chakra skill, and Speed but in terms of reaction speed. For example lets say your character and mine were in a fist fight and you were in focus mode. It would most likely come down to who can score the first hit even though both are constantly dodging. Since my char is decently faster than yours It would be easy for him to dodge an attack, usually, but with the increased accuracy not so much, and on the counter attack your reaction time would be greater than my speed so you would be better able to dodge than normal but it still wouldn't be easy since my movement speed is faster than your movement speed. Does that make sense and do you agree?

On the down side however it drains your chakra by an additional point per post.

I guess this would be a good time to explain mechanics. So the way I wanted to run this is that people have the freedom to do what they want for the most part without going over the top. Consider your basic jutsus, unless you spamming the ever living mess out of them they won't really effect your chakra much, I'm trusting everyone to be reasonable with their usage based on their chakra level, I know I plan to use the body flicker alot. Although when it comes to the jutsu's we have then there will be immediate effects.

Using my character as an example when I use Violent Wind Palm a C-rank jutsu, my Chakra skill is 5 and my level in 7, my first use of it won't have a big effect on me because I have the skill and more than enough chakra to use it, though my second use will begin to exhaust me a little. Now lets say I got an A-rank jutsu like Blade of Wind, without any changes to my current stats, it exceeds my skill and chakra level, but lets say I build my chakra for a turn so that I have enough to do it, it's execution will be exhausting for me, and my lack of skill could cause my to be hurt by the jutsu as well. And my lack of endurance will keep me from recovering quickly.

Another example is the samurai sabre technique, a B-rank skill. My Chakra level is enough to sustain it but not my skill. So the start and use of it will drain my chakra much faster than normal, as well as any skills that come with it like flash and rupture.

These are really just things to keep in mind so no one goes over the top, but the stronger we get the less we will suffer. Also outside of a pvp I doubt these are problems we should run into, because I'd never put us in a situation like that at the start, riiiiight  :whistle:

If there are any questions, or disappointments, please let me know.

Made some changes!

Spoiler

Nice, welcome to the academy.

Info thread is up, please move approved characters there.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#19 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:35 PM

So for focused mode I'm thinking your stats are multiplied 1.5x. The ones affected will be Accuracy, Stealth, Chakra skill, and Speed but in terms of reaction speed. For example lets say your character and mine were in a fist fight and you were in focus mode. It would most likely come down to who can score the first hit even though both are constantly dodging. Since my char is decently faster than yours It would be easy for him to dodge an attack, usually, but with the increased accuracy not so much, and on the counter attack your reaction time would be greater than my speed so you would be better able to dodge than normal but it still wouldn't be easy since my movement speed is faster than your movement speed. Does that make sense and do you agree?

Lol it makes sense now. But, knowing me, I'm probably gonna mess something up once we actually get started so I'm just gonna go ahead and apologize in advance. I'm so used to RPs where PVP fights are decided by a coin flip or random number generator or rock, paper, scissors :lolxg:

On the down side however it drains your chakra by an additional point per post.

I guess this would be a good time to explain mechanics. So the way I wanted to run this is that people have the freedom to do what they want for the most part without going over the top. Consider your basic jutsus, unless you spamming the ever living mess out of them they won't really effect your chakra much, I'm trusting everyone to be reasonable with their usage based on their chakra level, I know I plan to use the body flicker alot. Although when it comes to the jutsu's we have then there will be immediate effects.

Using my character as an example when I use Violent Wind Palm a C-rank jutsu, my Chakra skill is 5 and my level in 7, my first use of it won't have a big effect on me because I have the skill and more than enough chakra to use it, though my second use will begin to exhaust me a little. Now lets say I got an A-rank jutsu like Blade of Wind, without any changes to my current stats, it exceeds my skill and chakra level, but lets say I build my chakra for a turn so that I have enough to do it, it's execution will be exhausting for me, and my lack of skill could cause my to be hurt by the jutsu as well. And my lack of endurance will keep me from recovering quickly.

Another example is the samurai sabre technique, a B-rank skill. My Chakra level is enough to sustain it but not my skill. So the start and use of it will drain my chakra much faster than normal, as well as any skills that come with it like flash and rupture.

These are really just things to keep in mind so no one goes over the top, but the stronger we get the less we will suffer. Also outside of a pvp I doubt these are problems we should run into, because I'd never put us in a situation like that at the start, riiiiight  :whistle:

If there are any questions, or disappointments, please let me know.

So we will be able to improve our skills over time. Two questions.

- How do we go about gaining points to learn new Jutsu?

- Will we eventually be able to learn a second Nature Transformation?

Edited by Blue22, 13 October 2016 - 05:36 PM.

#20 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

Ugh another poison user, you guys are sooo annoying to fight lol. Buuuut

Nice, I like the attention to detail and use of the nations politics within her story. Looking over it again....good job everything is right, and welcome to the academy.

I KNOW I FELT BAD BUT I LIKE THE CLAN TOO MUCH NOT TO UTILIZE IT. I'm definitely planning on venturing from the poison once she can learn more ninjutsu or medical jutsu. I really like the astral projection / mind vs. body aspect of the clan.

Thank you, though! I'm super excited for her interactions with Setsuna. 

If I read your bio right, you were a year behind at the Academy. That would put you in the same year as my character, so perhaps they were classmates :P

Not exactly a year behind, she just wasn't able to graduate early like she expected! She graduated at 12, the same age as Naruto & co. But they still could have been in the same year! Most genin in this RP seem to be about 14-15ish. For the sake of having Kaito be familiar with more characters, you could say he was in the same class and just has a late birthday or something!

Sorry dude! I definitely played it safe because my memory of the other villages is so foggy.

Being on a team before the academy isn't that big of a necessity, though. It's really just for adding history/pathos to their interactions in the main thread. They're all going to be forced together and bond over being in the same rank within the academy as soon as the RP starts, anyway!

• RathyOro likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users