241 replies to this topic

#21 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:56 PM

Lol it makes sense now. But, knowing me, I'm probably gonna mess something up once we actually get started so I'm just gonna go ahead and apologize in advance. I'm so used to RPs where PVP fights are decided by a coin flip or random number generator or rock, paper, scissors :lolxg:

So we will be able to improve our skills over time. Two questions.

- How do we go about gaining points to learn new Jutsu?

- Will we eventually be able to learn a second Nature Transformation?

No worries, I'll definitely provide some practice opportunities so that you can get comfortable with it.

There are a couple of ways. What you put in your post when faced with specific situations, by including some training in your post, and whatever you did over the course, and will be received at the end of a mission.

Yes.

• Blue22 likes this

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#22 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3649 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:01 PM

For the sake of having Kaito be familiar with more characters, you could say he was in the same class and just has a late birthday or something!

That works :)

Sorry dude! I definitely played it safe because my memory of the other villages is so foggy.

Lol I did the same thing. I had originally intended for Kaito and his clan to be from Kirigakure but I know so little about that village, its culture, and how the government operates. I decided to just compromise and say that they're immigrants :P

#23 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:18 PM

I'm thinking, since we have about 5 people almost enough for 2 complete teams, of starting this tomorrow night which gives the weekend to get into the flow of things. Based on what was said during concept it seems like most are interested in getting to the chunin exams which I said were 2 moths away at the start of this, so I was curious....do we want to do this at a somewhat accelerated pace which would look like one mission, a group training session and then a time skip to the start of the exams. Ooooor the pace I was originally thinking which was like two missions, and a few joint exercises and then a smaller time skip to the exams. 

I've said this before, this is everyone's rp, I may provide the story but you guys help it grow and become more than what I expect, so your opinions are appreciated. Plus, don't worry the exams will take a while and will be in stages just like it is in the manga/anime.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#24 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3649 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

I'd prefer whatever gets us to the Exam faster. That said, a group training session does sound like a fun way for the characters to get to know each other so more than one of those wouldn't hurt. But I think one mission to start things off would be enough, considering the Chuin Exam is like three missions

Edited by Blue22, 13 October 2016 - 06:23 PM.

• RathyOro and Morfeus like this

#25 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:43 PM

I have no problem waiting a bit until the exams. You need the groups to get used to each other and stuff before heading into the exam.

How will the teams be assembled?

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#26 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:05 PM

I have no problem waiting a bit until the exams. You need the groups to get used to each other and stuff before heading into the exam.

How will the teams be assembled?

I have a few different combinations in mind, some involve backgrounds and histories like possibly putting Jekk, Sotto, and maybe a konoha npc in a team due to Jekk's coming from Iwa, Sotto's background, and the NPC's possible mistrust of Sotto and Jekk.

• Sotto Voce likes this

9HhsmrC.jpg

#27 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1673 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

So, no love for Kumogakure?^^ I will make a Kumo Ninja that's for sure. If anyone wants to join me they are free to do so :3

Will work on my CS now.

• RathyOro, Morfeus and Sotto Voce like this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#28 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:41 AM

So, no love for Kumogakure?^^ I will make a Kumo Ninja that's for sure. If anyone wants to join me they are free to do so :3

Will work on my CS now.

I was thinking the same thing.

And someone tell me why I have been calling it Sumogakure this whole time SMDH

9HhsmrC.jpg

#29 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:52 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

And someone tell me why I have been calling it Sumogakure this whole time SMDH

I figured it was just a typo OR you were talking both Suna and Kumo at same time, SUna-kuMO

I posted my bio on Signup Info. I'm busy this weekend so I will edit my background and gualifications maybe on Monday, Sunday if I manage

Edited by Jekkusormi, 14 October 2016 - 08:54 AM.

• RathyOro likes this

#30 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:39 AM

If you have ideas for missions, I say go for the long buildup to the Chuunin exams! But if you're acting more on your feet, maybe we can just feel it out? If relationship development is going well and we feel like we have a feel for our characters by the end of the second mission, maybe we can jump faster. If thinks are moving slowly and team building could use a little more work, we can do an extra mission or extra training session. But since this is such a small little intimate group, I think there's room for more flexibility!

and the NPC's possible mistrust of Sotto and Jekk.

YES GOD BLESS CHARACTERS WHO ARE VICTIMS OF CONDITIONED PREJUDICES IN THIS POLITICAL CLIMATE. There's so much room for drama with the international tension in this RP and I'm super stoked for it.

Also, I talked my roommate into joining to help this RP pass the Bechdel test, but she won't be able to sign up until the weekend. We're probably good to start without her if we have a week or so between updates, though.

I'll tell her not to make a poison user ;)

Edited by Sotto Voce, 14 October 2016 - 02:25 PM.

• Raiden, RathyOro and Morfeus like this

#31 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:10 PM

Ok I'm working on the opening post now, so expect that today, bar anything slowing me down.

Hopefully @Raiden gets his cs before then  :glare::laugh:  Just kidding, It won't matter this early in the rp, I'm just curious to see what you are going for.

• Sotto Voce likes this

9HhsmrC.jpg

#32 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

I'm working on a CS right now. Are we all Genin? Sorry if you've already answered this. I'm planning on creating some kind of notorious dude from amegakure, wondering about how 'famous' we're allowed to make our characters. 

• RathyOro likes this

#33 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:10 PM

^ All genin! That may be something to stick in the FAQ, Rathy!

Maybe you could make him from a notorious/radical family or clan?

• RathyOro likes this

#34 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:29 PM

I'm working on a CS right now. Are we all Genin? Sorry if you've already answered this. I'm planning on creating some kind of notorious dude from amegakure, wondering about how 'famous' we're allowed to make our characters. 

Great I was hoping you were still joining, wasn't sure there for a while.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#35 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:50 PM

Making my CS. My plan is for him to be an orphan from Amegakure who was raised as a sort of emergency soldier (not really a noble Shinobi, but same combat methods, basically), and then turned into a regular shinobi once the war was over. He wouldn't be famous among anyone, but well-informed older Shinobi could possibly deduce that he was a child soldier. Would that work?

• RathyOro likes this

#36 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:09 PM

Yeah that's fine.

@Everyone: Sorry this is taking so long, got a bit delayed but I'm almost done.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#37 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:19 PM

Sorry for the delay the rp is up. Hope I did ok, been a little while.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#38 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:39 PM

Here's my CS. This took me 5 non-stop hours.

Spoiler Issei

I realize some things may need to be tweaked, so let me know. I didn't put any numbers on tools — just assume the upper limit, or just enough not to be encumbered. A couple knives here and there shouldn't weigh too much, anyhow. I also mucked around with the template, I think it looks cleaner this way (no offense!).

A question: Body Flicker jutsu is listed as a D-rank, but I'm hesitant to write it down. Will it have any sort of combat merit? As in, will it actually function as a teleport, or will my opponents see my character running around? Is there a point to getting it? Body replacement technique basically does the same thing, but better, and that one's free.

Edited by Hyouzou, 15 October 2016 - 06:59 AM.

• Blue22 and RathyOro like this

#39 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3649 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:00 AM

Damn. You put a lot more thought into your preferred fighting style than I thought we needed to. Now I wanna go edit mine :lolxg:

• RathyOro likes this

#40 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:44 AM

Here's my CS. This took me 5 non-stop hours.

Spoiler Issei

I realize some things may need to be tweaked, so let me know. I didn't put any numbers on tools — just assume the upper limit, or just enough not to be encumbered. A couple knives here and there shouldn't weigh too much, anyhow. I also mucked around with the template, I think it looks cleaner this way (no offense!).

A question: Body Flicker jutsu is listed as a D-rank, but I'm hesitant to write it down. Will it have any sort of combat merit? As in, will it actually function as a teleport, or will my opponents see my character running around? Is there a point to getting it? Body replacement technique basically does the same thing, but better, and that one's free.

Overall nice I like it, just a few things.  

I plan to have those ninja tool numbers affect the rp and the missions your on. As we go further in the rp and people start to get into a flow and rhythm we can start ignoring numbers but for now I want them to stay.

Your Element is just the starting type you are born with whether you know it or not, unless your still thinking about what it is.

You don't actually have to list Silent Killing, unless your doing that to emphasize that it is part of your main jutsu set. But you can just put that in your preferred fighting style section. But that is completely up to you, doesn't effect CS acceptance.

Offense taken :laugh:

To answer your question Body Flicker is listed under the free jutsu, if I remember correctly it is the only D-rank their so it is nothing to worry about. And yes it will have combat merritt, body switch only works if their is something to switch with, and the only people able to see you moving that fast are your jounin instructors and up. Some may be able to catch a glimpse of the direction you went but the faster you are the less likely that is. It all depends on you and how you use it.

Looking back on it most of this is pretty trivial, your CS is good enough for acceptance although I would like for you to address the tools and element stuff.

However I do have questions about that KG. Does it only work through physical contact or does it work on anything that involves your chakra like jutsu. Lets say you do an AoE genjutsu like what was used during the chunin exams, would everyone in the affected area start to have their chakra drain and go to you? Or Kisame 's technique where he expels water from his mouth to make up for a lack of a water source, are the people in the water and standing on the water effected by devouring chakra?

*Side note* It has been ten years from the start of the war until now, idk about you but I find their to be a pretty big difference between the ages of 4 and 7.

Damn. You put a lot more thought into your preferred fighting style than I thought we needed to. Now I wanna go edit mine :lolxg:

Your not the only one, but as the rp goes on I expect people will begin to elaborate and adjust their styles.

Edited by RathyOro, 15 October 2016 - 05:58 AM.

9HhsmrC.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users