241 replies to this topic

#41 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:10 AM

Will edit weapon count. I'll just put in some arbitrary numbers that I think sound like how many would actually fit in a bag.Do I need to list how many items a scroll can retrieve, and if so: how many can it?

I'm still thinking of my element, yes. He doesn't use any in his jutsu so until he does (or I'm forced to come up with it in the RP), I'll hold off.

That's exactly what I was thinking with silent killing. I don't think too many genin train in that, so listing it felt more important than being able to walk on water and stuff.

I won't list body flicker, then. I'm still thinking of whether I want to think up another D-rank to fill my last slot. I'd like to have a little more firepower, but I also have to fit it into my character...

Only physical contact — for now, at least. He doesn't have any method to extend the reach of his chakra yet, but I want him to be able to imbue his throwing weapons with it in the future (or right now, if I can), so people will have some amount of chakra drained if hit. 

Good point about the age. Maybe 6-8 is more logical.

Edited by Hyouzou, 15 October 2016 - 12:11 PM.

#42 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:22 AM

Will edit weapon count. I'll just put in some arbitrary numbers that I think sound like how many would actually fit in a bag.Do I need to list how many items a scroll can retrieve, and if so: how many can it?

Me: Nah, just length should be fine. I'm trusting people not to go overboard with what they keep in their. Like my car, He has 20ft of regular size summoning scroll. He can summon a decent amount of kunai and shuriken with it, but big stuff like a demon windmill would take up quite a bit of space

I'm still thinking of my element, yes. He doesn't use any in his jutsu so until he does (or I'm forced to come up with it in the RP), I'll hold off.

Me: Thats cool then, you can leave it blank, Just let me know once you have decided.

That's exactly what I was thinking with silent killing. I don't think too many genin train in that, so listing it felt more important than being able to walk on water and stuff.

Me: Cool, I appreciate the attention to detail.

I won't list body flicker, then. I'm still thinking of whether I want to think up another D-rank to fill my last slot. I'd like to have a little more firepower, but I also have to fit it into my character...

—-However I do have questions about that KG. Does it only work through physical contact or does it work on anything that involves your chakra like jutsu. Lets say you do an AoE genjutsu like what was used during the chunin exams, would everyone in the affected area start to have their chakra drain and go to you? Or Kisame 's technique where he expels water from his mouth to make up for a lack of a water source, are the people in the water and standing on the water effected by devouring chakra?

*Side note* It has been ten years from the start of the war until now, idk about you but I find their to be a pretty big difference between the ages of 4 and 7.

Only physical contact — for now, at least. He doesn't have any method to extend the reach of his chakra yet, but I want him to be able to imbue his throwing weapons with it in the future (or right now, if I can), so people will have some amount of chakra drained if hit. 

Me: Hmmm, Personally I have never been a big fan of indirect chakra draining, (similar to how I feel about poison users, <.< looking at you Morf and Sotto). I would definitely prefer if something was attached to your throwing weapon and so was also attached to you to keep the contact. How do you feel about that? Does it screw up what you had in mind too much?

Good point about the age. Maybe 6-8 is more logical.

Lol your an old genin :laugh:

PLease don't kill me  :unsure:

Edited by RathyOro, 15 October 2016 - 07:23 AM.

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#43 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:59 AM

Sorry for editing my post in the RP so much but I realized I had suffered from the not-so-uncommon Terrible-Morning-Grammar-syndrome.

• RathyOro likes this

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#44 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:11 PM

Sure, let's say his chakra needs to have a direct link to the other source in order to absorb it. It makes sense. 

#45 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:46 PM

OK  here is the first draft of my CS ^^ (sorry for it taking so long). also two jutsu (of one that I will add to my list, because I didn't realise Body Flicker was free^^) I need you to put a ranking on ^^

Spoiler

and here the justu:

Spoiler

Edited by Raiden, 15 October 2016 - 02:19 PM.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#46 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:52 PM

Sure, let's say his chakra needs to have a direct link to the other source in order to absorb it. It makes sense. 

Awesome, then you are good to go.

Welcome to the Academy!

OK  here is the first draft of my CS ^^ (sorry for it taking so long). also two jutsu (of one that I will add to my list, because I didn't realise Body Flicker was free^^) I need you to put a ranking on ^^

Spoiler

and here the justu:

Spoiler

First: Why you rocking my hair color bruh?  :glare:

Second: A lightning dragon sage, a lightning dragon sage, I sense a lightning dragon sage coming.  :lolxg:  At first I was gonna say "Dragon summons OP!" But then I stopped hating. The only thing I need is for you to put what rank chakra is required for each summon since size is hard to determine based on picture. Mashinryu looks big as life in that pic, at least to me anyway.

After that welcome to the Academy!

As for your justu.....

Lightning Bullet is C only because it reminds me of a lightning version of fireball jutsu, and because I'm assuming you want it to be a little more destructive.

BtB Lightning Technique is D.

You good with those?

• Raiden likes this

9HhsmrC.jpg

#47 Raiden

Raiden

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

Awesome, then you are good to go.

Welcome to the Academy!

First: Why you rocking my hair color bruh?  :glare:

Second: A lightning dragon sage, a lightning dragon sage, I sense a lightning dragon sage coming.  :lolxg:  At first I was gonna say "Dragon summons OP!" But then I stopped hating. The only thing I need is for you to put what rank chakra is required for each summon since size is hard to determine based on picture. Mashinryu looks big as life in that pic, at least to me anyway.

After that welcome to the Academy!

As for your justu.....

Lightning Bullet is C only because it reminds me of a lightning version of fireball jutsu, and because I'm assuming you want it to be a little more destructive.

BtB Lightning Technique is D.

You good with those?

Well the original image for this char (the adult Ryuma^^) has more purplish hair, but it is so faint that white was ok too. Important was the "mouth cloth" :D IF it makes you feel better you can imagine that :P 

And yeah Dragon Sage is planned destination for this Char ^^

Though with the rank in chakra, you mean amount or skill? I agree that Mashinryu looks pretty big in the picture but he is actual only around 1,40 m long and Akagoryu is only 35cm big. And I would like to be able to summon both, since Akagoryu has no real use in battle yet.

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#48 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

Amount, your chakra level falls between C and B rank so you would be able to summon one of the easily, the second summon it what would cause you to feel it, but as long as you don't keep spamming chakra you'll recover quickly.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#49 Raiden

Raiden

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

Amount, your chakra level falls between C and B rank so you would be able to summon one of the easily, the second summon it what would cause you to feel it, but as long as you don't keep spamming chakra you'll recover quickly.

Alright. Then is this good to post in the sign-up thread?

Spoiler

Edited by Raiden, 15 October 2016 - 03:49 PM.

• RathyOro and Sotto Voce like this

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#50 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:47 PM

Word to big bird.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#51 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

So with the last new recruits we're gonna have 2 full teams, right? That's pretty dope!

• RathyOro and Sotto Voce like this

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#52 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

I was trying to do this individually but then I realized that was dumb. If their is anything story wise that you would like to see happen that is tailored specifically for your character (e.g. meeting your potential summon, coming across a lost relative, something emotional) just pm me what it is and do my best to include it in the story at some point or another.

Edited by RathyOro, 15 October 2016 - 09:36 PM.

• Sotto Voce likes this

9HhsmrC.jpg

#53 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:58 PM

Roommate made her account! She's making a grumpy Suna kunoichi, but her laptop's out of commission so she's handwriting the CS now and typing it up at the library tomorrow.

And I think I'm already in love with these characters after reading the thread. 'Go to the Land of Iron,' she says. 'It'll be fun,' she says. 'You'll make so many new friends!'. Right now the only friend I'm making is a giant wall of ice."

I'm heading out tonight but I'll probably have something up by tomorrow morning!

Question about the teams, actually. Is it set up like standard ninja squads, with a sensei and everything? Or is it set up more like a collective squad of six or seven genin? Do they all rotate around or build strong bonds with two constant teammates?

Edited by Sotto Voce, 15 October 2016 - 11:06 PM.

• Raiden, RathyOro and Morfeus like this

#54 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:46 PM

Roommate made her account! She's making a grumpy Suna kunoichi, but her laptop's out of commission so she's handwriting the CS now and typing it up at the library tomorrow.

And I'm snorting at some of the replies to this thread. 'Go to the Land of Iron,' she says. 'It'll be fun,' she says. 'You'll make so many new friends!'. Right now the only friend I'm making is a giant wall of ice." I love all of the attitudes.

I'm heading out tonight but I'll probably have something up by tomorrow morning!

Question about the teams, actually. Is it set up like standard ninja squads, with a sensei and everything? Or is it set up more like a collective squad of six or seven genin? Do they all rotate around or build strong bonds with two constant teammates?

:jawdrop:  I'm impressed because I'm way to lazy to hand write pretty much anything unless I have to. Got to say I'm looking forward to it.

:kakashi:

It will be a rotation of standard ninja teams. Based on what the mission is teams will be constructed to handle that mission. Assasination, information gathering, destruction of a major crossing point, they will be put together based on that, this way everyone has a chance to work together.

Just as a heads up I operate on EST and I work between 6-4 give or take what I'm doing there, so I'm usually most active from 5 until I randomly fall asleep. If I can though I try to use my phone to be more active while at work.

• Sotto Voce likes this

9HhsmrC.jpg

#55 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:06 PM

@Sotto Voce Holy cow, the amount of effort put into that RP post. People are setting the bar pretty high, huh?

... I like it!  :D

• Raiden, RathyOro and Sotto Voce like this

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#56 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:46 PM

:jawdrop:  I'm impressed because I'm way to lazy to hand write pretty much anything unless I have to. Got to say I'm looking forward to it.

:kakashi:

It will be a rotation of standard ninja teams. Based on what the mission is teams will be constructed to handle that mission. Assasination, information gathering, destruction of a major crossing point, they will be put together based on that, this way everyone has a chance to work together.

Just as a heads up I operate on EST and I work between 6-4 give or take what I'm doing there, so I'm usually most active from 5 until I randomly fall asleep. If I can though I try to use my phone to be more active while at work.

I know. 

She finished writing it up, but we're still waiting for her account to be activated by the OMF administrator. Should I have her message it to you while we wait so she can have it all prepared by the time she's able to post?

Thanks for the information, again! Stoked to get a chance to write with everyone.

And I'm EST and usually have classes during the hours you have work, so our schedules are going to line up pretty well. :)

@Sotto Voce Holy cow, the amount of effort put into that RP post. People are setting the bar pretty high, huh?

... I like it!  :D

Shucks, dude, thanks a ton!

It's actually maybe half as thoughtful as the other posts in the thread. I'm just an aesthetic snob. 8) Like...

"Quietly dissummoning his second scythe back into its scroll, Mitoshi looked over the icy and vile landscape. Utterly unforgiving but strangely entrancing, like the smooth edge of a blade."

Props for that line. It bleeds Naruto.

And on the topic of my post: Anyone is welcome to make their character the person Rui crashed into, or one of the people who followed her! I made sure not to give any details so they could be any generic genin or someone's actual character.

• Raiden, Blue22, RathyOro and 1 other like this

#57 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:57 PM

Yea, go ahead and send it so she can be squared away as soon as she gets here.

And yea guys please feel free to interact before you get to the academy/update (it's in the center of the city by the way) which will occur after everyone posts.

Edited by RathyOro, 16 October 2016 - 02:30 PM.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#58 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:18 PM

Sooooo Sotto wins "Best first post" XD

Edited by Blue22, 16 October 2016 - 03:18 PM.

• RathyOro likes this

#59 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:18 PM

It's actually maybe half as thoughtful as the other posts in the thread. I'm just an aesthetic snob. 8) Like...

What I really like about it, is the way you can feel the character through the writing. That is so hard to do properly but when it is done right, it works wonders!

Props for that line. It bleeds Naruto.

Thanks a lot!  :lol: It did take me quite some time to come up with that, haha.

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#60 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

If you have some concepts for my NPC teammates can you send them to me so I can fill my background for my character after I get from work tomorrow. Oh and I'm going to change some of my jutsus to fit better for him while I'm at it

Edited by Jekkusormi, 17 October 2016 - 03:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users