#1 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:18 PM

The beginning of everything

A chill runs down your spine as a freezing wind blows. Snow falls around you as you stand and look at the three wolves, the landmark of the Land of Iron, home of the JSA (Joint Shinobi Academy). It has been a long walk from you and the 39  other shinobi from your village lead by each village's Kage. The sight of your destination so near can only be looked upon as an exciting opportunity.....or the end of way of life. Although a beacon of hope for the shinobi world, there are those who look upon this venture and seek only it’s failure.

Finally reaching the base of the wolves the snow falls harder on you than ever before. You are met by a massive wall, covered in ice and snow. As you take a moment to register what you are seeing your Kage is gone within a flash, on their way to attend the Kage summit which is occurring symbolically on the same day as everyone's first day here. As all of you look around, curious as to what they are to do a new voice echoes and says

Welcome everyone. If you would like to escape from the cold and get a little warm please make you way inside. If you can make it up the wall that is.”

Suddenly the wind blows harder, sending the falling snow into a frenzy, obscuring vision and causing an involuntary clutch of whatever garb is being worn.

Setsuna

Pulling his cloak, sweater, scarf, and hood tighter, Setsuna could only think to himself  

“This is ridiculous, why do we have to be cold, I can’t stand being cold. Achoo!” *Sniff,sniff*

Looking at the wolf shaped landmarks of the Land of Iron Setsuna’s breath caught in his throat. This was the land of samurai, the land of his father. The appeal of finally getting to see his father’s homeland added an extra pep to his step. Traveling through the war torn after effects of the war had left a bad taste in his mouth. Setsuna was happy to leave all those graven images and dirty looks behind for the neutral and placid faces of the samurai.

At the foot of the mountains Lord Saizou, the Hokage of the leaf village looked up at the wall just as everyone else did. He stood, completely unfazed by the weather. If anything it looked as if steam was slowly rising from him and as if the snow melted before it made contact with his skin.

Child's play.” was all he said before he vanished from view.

“Da fu--” was escaping Setsuna’s mouth as he was interrupted by the voice. With a smirk on his face after the instructions were ordered he thought in line with the Hokage

“I got this.

As the winds raged he first focused his chakra into his feet. Then he attached wire to three of his kunai and threw them in an ascending, although not entirely straight, pattern up the wall,the wire hanging from the end of them. Grabbing hold of the wire of the first one Setsuna readjusted his katana as he placed his right foot on the wall and began his ascent. As he reached  level height with the first kunai he decided this was taking to long and proceeded to perform the shushin jutsu up the wall. As he reached the limit of length on the first wire he yanked it out of the wall and threw it past the third kunai as he grabbed the end of the wire hanging from the second kunai. It was in this manner that Setsuna reached the top. As he made his way over the wall and took in the scenery he thought

“God it’s cold, I can’t wait to get inside. Achoo!” *Sniff*

Meanwhile.....

The Hokage had been the last to enter, opting to take his time along the way.

You kept us waiting Lord Hokage” a feminine voice said.

“My apologies General Lyn, I was just admiring the city.

“Well now that you have finally decided to grace us with your presence may we now begin?”

“I agree with Lord Mizukage I would like to get this meeting over with.” Asserted the Kazekage

“You would agree wouldn’t you.” Purred the Raikage

*Chukle* was all that the Tsuchikage did. Before the situation could devolve any further General Lyn cleared her throat.

“Please, this is exactly the reason we have gathered here today and why we are starting the Joint Shinobi Academy. However, before we can get into that we must first discuss the attacks that have occurred on each of your soils, and what we plan to do about the group launching these attacks.

Everyone fell silent as the reality of the situation sunk in, and it was on this somber note that the Five Kage Summit began.

Spoiler OOC

• Jekkusormi and Sotto Voce like this

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#2 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:53 PM

"Stupid cold. Stupid Academy. Stupid Land of Iron" Kaito grumbled as he scales the icy wall with nothing but two kunai and his chakra, focused on his feet "Stupid parents, threatening me into coming here. Stupid Kyoko-Sensei, making me think this was a good idea."

He stabs his left kunai hard into the wall, pulling himself up as he stabs with the right one. He repeats the process for a solid 20 minutes and, while he can no longer see the bottom of wall, he's not eve close to reaching the top yet. To make matters worse, the wind starts to pick up again, forcing a flurry of snow into his face and obstructing his vision.

"Oooooh my Goooood!" he groans, deciding that wiping the snow from his face now would be futile. Since it would just be covered again, not even a second later. He grudgingly accepted his temporary blindness.

"Well on the bright side, it's not like there's much to see" he thinks to himself

He continues to scale the wall while focusing his mind on his four senses. He'll need them to make up for the fact that he can no longer see.

He lets out a loud groan as he recalls the conversation that led to him being here " 'Go to the Land of Iron' she said. 'It'll be fun' she said. 'You'll make so many new friends!'. Thanks a lot, Sensei. Right now the only friend I'm making is a giant wall of ice."

While there's no denying that he's very annoyed by his current situation, he still can't help but feel a little grateful to his Sensei for talking him into coming here. Missions had been scarce for the past couple of months. Kaito was lucky if he was able to leave the village for more than a day or two. He missed going on missions. He missed seeing new lands and meeting new people. And most of all, he was eager to be as far away from his family as possible. Between the annoying younger siblings, the overbearing parents, and the older sister who hates him; Kaito never had much of a reason (or a desire) to stay home for too long. Hell, he rarely sleeps there. Most of his nights back in the village are spent at his Sensei's house. At least there he never has to worry about anyone attacking him in his sleep to "make sure your senses stay sharp".

He scoffs as he remembers those exact words escaping from his mother's lips. It was her justification for planting explosive tags under his mattress. And she wonders why he rarely comes home and why he's always staying with Kyoko-Sensei.

Kaito doesn't know how long he was lost in thought about his life back in Konoha. However, his attention was soon diverted back to the task at hand when he attempted to stab into the wall with his right kunai, but felt nothing. Almost as if...

"....Holy shit did I reach the top!?" He almost yells

He finally decides to wipe the snow from his face to confirm his guess. Sure enough, he was just inches away from wall's edge.

"Jeez. How long was I daydreaming?"

Pulling himself into a sitting position on the ledge, he attempts to take in the scenery. Unfortunately, the storm is still pretty bad and he can barely see a mere few inches in front of him. It was then that he realized...he was "really...really freaking cold".

"Oh what I'd give to know some fire jutsus right now."

With a loud sigh, he stood and trudged forward. His final destination couldn't be too far now.

• RathyOro, Jekkusormi and Sotto Voce like this

#3 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:01 AM

Having been asked to work as a scout for the delegation, Mitoshi arrived at the wall quite a bit ahead of everyone else from Kirigakure but made sure not to actually appear before the rest of his countrymen. The last thing they wanted was to arouse suspicion by having a forward scout make a surprise entry right from the get-go.

As soon as they arrived at the foot of the wall, the Mizukage quickly vanished in a puff of snow and haze.

After the voice had spoken, Mitoshi inspected the wall through the snow and blinding gale of icy winds. It looked climbable but the ice on the side worried him. Would the ice be too tough for any equipment to actually make its way through?

"... Quite a simple task, when you look at it as simply climbing a wall. But it's way more troublesome than what we're used to. After all, learning new techniques isn't the most difficult at all. Perfecting the ones you already possess... That's a different story. Are they already going to start separating the sheep from the goats?", Mitoshi thought to himself.

While the rest of his countrymen discussed the best plan of attack, Mitoshi pulled out his scythe and a summoning scroll, which he used to summon a second scythe into his left hand and then proceeded to measure a good run-up distance to the wall, while he put the now empty summoning scroll into his bag.

He stood for a moment in the cold, observing as other shinobi made their more or less successful attempts at reaching the top. Mitoshi then quickly made a forward dash, landing his right foot at the very foundation of the wall. He had already focused a great deal of his chakra into his foot and sprung up like a kite. As he reached the appex of his jump, he dug his right scythe into the wall and nimbly pulled himself up as he dug the left one in as well. He now focused almost all of his chakra into his feet and using the scythes as small levers, he could almost run up the wall as usual. It was a fast but rather tiresome method. And the wall had been even higher than anticipated.

As he reached the top, he stood still for a moment, embracing a faint feeling of accomplishment and regaining his breath, slightly shaking from both exhaustion and the, now, almost unbearable cold. It had been quite the enduring process and he could feel frost and snow biting into every piece of accessible skin on his body. Several others had also made it up. One of the shinobi from Konoha, a young boy with heterochromiac eyes, looked like he was going to freeze to death and Mitoshi could vaguely hear him mumble angrily.

Quietly dissummoning his second scythe back into its scroll, Mitoshi looked over the icy and vile landscape. Utterly unforgiving but strangely entrancing, like the smooth edge of a blade. Mitoshi leaned his head back and looked upwards. 

"... The clouds are covering up the sky."

Edited by Morfeus, 16 October 2016 - 01:03 PM.

• RathyOro, Jekkusormi and Sotto Voce like this

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#4 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:38 PM

tumblr_m7mlp4K7yT1r0otxk.jpg

Y A M A N A K A   R U I N O

introduction.

It just had to be the tundra, didn't it? It had to be the absolute most abysmal setting on the planet, where flowers were smothered and friendliness froze over. Had to be the land that wouldn't know warmth if it burned their frostbitten toes off, where everyone wants to retreat into their solitary little houses for shelter, rather than stay outside to mingle.

Rui clutched at her cloak in a panic when the wind grew stronger, but the strong gusts caught her fabric, and her body wasn't enough to weight her down when she lost her footing on the ice. She was pulled away in the flurry, and SMACKED right into another genin at the foot of the wall. Cue frantic apologies, coupled with a terrifying thought of how far she would have blown away if this ninja wasn't in the way.

And then it hit her. Maybe this Shinobi summit did have to be the tundra. Maybe this was a perfect model for the social climate-- harsh and isolating. And maybe this was the first demonstration of pulling together as the best way to overcome obstacles. 

She pulled herself off of her peer, offered a hand to help them up, and looked off at the landscape and other chosen Shinobi while waiting for her involuntary savior to catch their footing. With words scrambled through chattering teeth and awkward laughter, she forced some cheer, shouting over the loud winds: 

"BUT ISN'T THIS PLACE KIND OF BEAUTIFUL?!"

New plan: don't take this on alone. Use the buddy system. Stay close, watch each other's backs, and TRUST each other. The icy wall was unforgiving to the eyes-- hard to make out where it ends and where there are handles. But she could follow the paths made by ninja who already seemed to make progress. She shouted to the Genin behind her, taking it upon herself to lead a squad of anyone desperate enough to listen in these conditions.

"The wind can't smack us from every direction if we stay close together!"

She leeched some unintentional teamwork from the shinobi who came before her. Stealth was always her specialty, so with her slow and careful movements, she could find the holes where her predecessors drove their blades into the wall, and following their tracks gave her kunai a firmer grip through the ice. Peers just three bodies below her had a neat, trotted and easy path by the time they had to dig their picks in. And, no, she would not call this "mooching" or "cheap tactics" -- she would call it help from friends in high places, whether those friends knew about it or not. 

Travelling in a group made it easier - comparatively. There were small avalanches from the condensed weight, but the bodies around her blocked some of the blinding flurries from the sides. Following directly behind the people in front of them led for some ice to crackle and fall onto their heads, but watching the bodies made it easier to tell where there would be turns and pitfalls, and where the wall ended. Rather than staring into an endless white, they could see their endgame, and it made it slightly less despairing.

And at the end of freezing hardship, Rui made it, albeit she was far from the first to arrive. Midway through her wall crawl, she slipped while trying to grab the hand of a comrade who was falling. (Hey, nobody ever said there were time restraints, so why would she leave anyone behind?) She grit her teeth and claimed not to mind, but when her shaky, soaking wet, poinsettia-red and utterly exhausted body flopped itself over the side of the wall, it was clear that she wasn't weathering this as well as she pretended to.

"ALRIGHT. SHOW ME THE INDOORS NOW, PLEASE."

-

Edited by Sotto Voce, 18 October 2016 - 01:45 PM.

• Raiden, Hyouzou, Blue22 and 4 others like this

#5 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:16 PM

Ryuma

Ryuma looked around and didn't make any expression. He neither seems to be troubled by the cold, nor by the huge wall of ice they are forced to climb, unlike a lot of the other Genin. Before Ryuma even attempts to move towards the wall he scans his surroundings and all the other genin that are present. A few of them actual stand out, but for most of them he is questioning what they are doing here, since he was told this Joint Academy was for the best of the best of all the villages.

As he watches the first Genin begin their climb up the wall he finally begins to move himself, when he notices a girl from Konoha stepping up and taking charge of a relative big group of Genin. ~​That is a cheery one. And she wants to beat this challenge with teamwork?~ Ryuma thought to himself, while pulling out a Kunai.

But unlike the others he doesn't use it to climb the wall but to cut open the palm of his left hand, then putting it back and using the blood coming out of his palm to draw the Summoning Circle. ~I prefer to show them what I can do~ he thought and then performed the Handseal "Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" and in a poof of smoke a 1,40 meter long, blue-scaled dragon appears before Ryuma, ho instantly looks at him with anger in the eyes.

"What the hell? Why are you calling me out into this fridge of a landscape and you are not even in a fight!" 

Clearly the skydragon named Mashinryu was upset with Ryuma, who jsut looked at him with a straight face. 

"You live on a 5000 meter high mountain that is jsut as cold as here. So what is the problem? Anyway I want a ride to the top of that wall, should be an easy task for you" for a second it seems that Ryuma is smirking underneath his mouth-cloth, but it's really hard to tell.

Mashinryu is looking up the wall and back to Ryuma before coffing "Well you summoned me already, so I guess I can do that. But don't you feel any shame being the only one who gets transported, while they give their all to climb up?" 

As soonm as Mashinryu gave his ok, Ryuma jumped on the back of Mashinryu, even so he was a bit bigger than the dragon, Mashinryu didn't seem bothered at all and started to fly up near the wall. 

"It's not like the Summoning Technique is such a difficult Jutsu that no one else could make use of it. And I see no shame in being smart and effective about a task." 

Mashinryu didn't said anything in reply and just smirked at Ryuma, while he continued to fly up along the wall and that in quite the fast speed too, so that in the end Ryuma would be one of the first to arrive at the top, where Mashinryu landed and let him climb from his body.

"Thanks Mashin" Ryuma said to the dragon before he disappeared in a cloud and with a nod towards him. Ryuma looked down the wall for a moment before going on his way and thinking to himself again.

~I should start to make friends here; after all I will go with these Genin on missions soon~

• RathyOro and Jekkusormi like this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#6 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

ISSEI

A group of kids were gathered around the side of a giant ice cliff. Some were frantic; digging their tools into the wall, trying to climb it with nothing but their spotty tree climbing practice on their resume. Footholds broke, ice picks shifted out of their shallow holes. Most slipped, of course. This was no practicing tree; this was a real test of their climbing abilities.

Issei was wary. As usual, the Amegakure kids all stood a good pace away from the ruckus. There were many stereotypes about Ame people — some even blatant propaganda, particularly from Konoha — but this trope held water. They were the most cautious of people, suspecting an ambush of sorts, a surprise obstacle, even in these conditions. It was just a wall, but to Issei it was one worth taking a few moments to scale.

The other kids from his village, although remarkably few, were more than qualified. Ame took pride in their Shinobi, and allowed no half-assing it. None of them shared the same past as Issei, but they were definitely not in his shadow. They were hand-picked by the head Jōnin of Ame, the brightest and most composed of the batch. The de facto leader of the bunch, Jinju, shared a similar attitude as Issei. They not only shared an almost equal count of smiles per week — Jinju showed a crooked one yesterday, outdoing Issei's record of one — but their M.O was comparable: they showed no interest in socializing, but still showed great teamwork and performed at the top of the class. Perhaps they were too similar, in fact, since they preferrably stayed away from one another. 

Furthering that distance, Issei started to walk up to the wall, leaving the other Ame Genin behind — they would no doubt catch up. He had decided that the only real option was to climb like everyone else, and the freezing cold made him hurry up making his mind up. First and foremost, the wall was too high to grapple over, and he couldn't—

Issei encountered, a little closer than preferred, a stranger. On top of him. A girl. The snow seemed to swallow him up as his brain gears crashed together. The only coherent thought they churned out was: "A girl is on top of me", a concise statement that did nothing to help his paralysis of shock.

The girl got off of Issei, and his mind started to work: she had slipped and knocked him off balance as well. Understandable, on this slippery frozen ground, but indeed unfavorable. As he looked up at the girl, who helped him up, his eyes immediately fixated on her forehead protector. He had seen one before, of course — his, engraved with the four straight lines that represent his village, was usually on his forehead, although obscured by his bangs. It was the symbol.

Konoha had, since the war, been the biggest hidden village of the five superpowers, the Five Great Shinobi Nations, and reaped their fair share of benefits since its end. Konoha out-witted its enemies, and took advantage of smaller villages for increased influence and greater military strength. Leaf villagers called it an alliance. Amegakure? Occupation. While the two villages, and their respective nations, were on good political and economic terms, the people hadn't forgotten. Many war crimes and atrocities were, rightly or not, blamed on Konoha, and Ame becoming their satellite military wasn't appreciated by all: Konoha could throw as many Ame Shinobi as they wanted on a problem in the west, they weren't living in a war zone. They occupied the village, drained it, and then left it in ruins. The sight of the Konoha emblem left a sour aftertaste in Issei's mouth. But this girl wasn't responsible for that.

"But isn't this place kind of beautiful?", the girl cheered, overpowering the sound of the cold gale. Issei, cheeks red and teeth clamped together, countered with a bland "Yeah...", and his head turned towards the towering wall of ice, dotted with blades and shaking kiddie climbers. Beautiful.

Issei watched the Konoha girl, who appeared much more resolute than himself, take the helm on climbing the wall. 

"The wind can't smack us from every direction if we stay close together!", she said, as she climbed it, kunais as ice tools to dig into the cliffside. Issei admired her strong will, and too started advancing up the wall behind her.

He found a splendid use for a skill learned back in the day: climbing with both hands and feet infused with chakra. As an Ame soldier, scaling up the sides of buildings quietly was a necessity, and staying close to the wall — in order to not be seen — crucial. Using all appendages glued to the wall offered stability, especially now. Biting down on one of his Tantō daggers, Issei began slowly making his way up. The slipperyness was dangerous, but his control overcame it, and even with the wind whipping every inch of exposed skin, he endured — as good Shinobi do — and with effort heaved himself up on top of the wall. He made it. The massiveness of it all was apparent at the top; whoever created this was either genuinely brilliant or deeply unsettling.

Jinju ascended right after Issei, and one after the other all the Amegakure Genin were up. Nobody looked happy, but it felt clear this wasn't the biggest challenge they would face today.

Edited by Hyouzou, 16 October 2016 - 09:24 PM.

• RathyOro, Jekkusormi, Sotto Voce and 1 other like this

#7 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:20 AM

Chariku

All 3 of Charikus teammembers were among the chosen genins of Iwagakure. The summit sure was a sight to behold to all of them. Though Aotsuchi and Baku were somewhat more exited about seeing it than rest of the group. Most of genins were freezing but Chariku was sweating inside his cloak, which made admiring the summit very hard thing to do. He cursed his lazyness and bad shape.

Welcome everyone. If you would like to escape from the cold and get a little warm please make you way inside. If you can make it up the wall that is.”

That was the spark for Aotsuchi and Baku. "Race to the top?" Ao asked and ofcourse Baku was totally with him. Ao used Stone-Lightening on both of them, then they rushed to wall and started climbing. Only thing Chariku heard was Baku yelling "See you at the top!" barely reaching him through the wind.

"There they go again...." Chariku thought to himself and started to form a strategy for him to climb.

"Climbing like most people with kunais and chakra on their feet is out of the question since kunais can't hold my weight on that slippery wall. That leaves me with using my ninjutsu. Kobura should be able to climb with me clinging on him... No, that won't do since he can't get a good hold on the slippery wall plus it's too gold for a reptile and he would just freeze. So that leaves me with..."

Chariku clapped his hands together and yelled "Doton: Earth Wall!"

The ice layer cracked and small stone walls pushed through forming steps going up and so Chariku started jogging his way to the top. At times he had to stop to cast the jutsu again. The method was quite tiring but that was the only thing he could think of. He soon noticed that some genins were casually climbing behind him keeping a distance to him. "Damned freeloaders...." he mumbled.

Eventually Chariku made to the top almost wheezing his lungs out. He wasn't the last one to arrive but definetely not the first either. "Took you long enough, Boulder!" Aotsuchi yelled and laughed. Usually Baku would interfere but now she was chatting with some Iwa genins. Chariku was way too out of breath so he ended up just wheezing and mumbling something that even he wasn't sure what it was.

Edited by Jekkusormi, 17 October 2016 - 12:44 PM.

• RathyOro likes this

#8 Mouse

Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNot Found.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

tumblr_inline_of7gm0bJdh1u8cnt2_540.pngtumblr_inline_of7gm0thIt1u8cnt2_540.pngtumblr_inline_of7gm0cOvG1u8cnt2_540.png

⌛ | Eɪᴇɴ Sᴜɴɪɴᴀ 

-------------------------------------

Can you call yourself a ninja if you can't handle a little ugly weather?  Watching real live academy graduates stumble, slip, slide, drop, flounder, and crash into each other with every gust of wind, one small kunoichi could feel her intelligence being insulted. These were the ninjas specially chosen for the JSA?

Admittedly, Sunina Eien has a homefield-away-from-home advantage here. Sandstorms aren't uncommon in Sunagakure, and they were never an excuse for her to skip out on training. She was born with sand in her eyes. The winds that snowballed over the flat desert sung her lullabies on bitter cold nights. She thrived in storms. She embodied them. So, when fellow genin skidded and tumbled down as if they'd never walked on a wall made slippery from a coat of sand, Sunina's biggest challenge of the day was stifling her laughter. Walking up a wall never seemed like a rationale for summoning a dragon, but if her new best friends forever wanted to blow through all of their chakra before they even arrived at their mission briefing, that was none of her concern.

There's a cringe when she hears one Konoha girl screaming like an air horn about the power of friendship and teamwork pulling them through the obstacles.  Ha!  A team effort with a Leaf ninja? She'll probably suggest they sit on the ground and hold hands until the snow miraculously melts in this arctic wasteland.

Sunina made it a point to stay as far away from that squad of avalanche-mongers as possible, found a secluded piece of wall and dealt with the minor inconveniences like a normal ninja. The tactics for climbing slippery walls in a sandstorm are taught in basic academy levels in Suna; crouch close to the wall to limit wind resistance; keep a kunai in hand to dig into the wall for extra support; squint to keep vision sharp and clear; block out any pieces of dirt and sand that would get in your eye; listen for the sounds of wind picking up, so you can pause and get a solid footing. The combination of her speed and experience made this more casual for her, but it took the majority of her pride to bear her body's wild shivering. Rather than heading into the village, she stayed outside with the genin who insisted on staying to wait for more ninja to climb up-- not in the spirit of camaraderie, but to prove a point that she was so totally not cold.

When the loudmouth gets over the wall, Sunina takes her leave toward the village. She could live with the piercing cold, but she couldn't listen to that voice for much longer. Before turning toward the village, she offers a quick answer to the girl's request. 

"The villagers said you have to stay out here until you learn to use your inside voice."

Edited by Mouse, 23 October 2016 - 04:06 PM.

• Raiden, Hyouzou, RathyOro and 1 other like this

#9 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

tumblr_m7mo1gZSBB1r0otxk.jpg

introduction.

"The villagers said you had to stay out here until you learn to use your inside voice."

Ruino was wet. She was cold. She was tired. She couldn't feel her fingers. She was losing her voice. Did she need this kind of sass right now? No. Could she afford to lash out in response? Also no. She needed to make the best first impression she could on this group, in hopes that she could befriend the international shinobi before someone gossiped to them about her family history. She needed to stay chipper, stay charming, and stay positive.

Maybe the girl was making a joke. Maybe Rui could play it off like a joke. And she gave her damnedest try, awkward laughter and all.

"HA HA. GOOD ONE! Gosh, you Suna kids. Humor as dry as sand. Gotta love it! 'Inside voice,' she says. HA HA HA."

There was nothing about this blonde's tone that screamed "playful," but Rui gave her the benefit of the doubt. Sunakagure had it rough. She could have developed that snarky attitude as a coping mechanism. Maybe she just needed a friend. Look at that - they already had some common ground.

When that little desert dandelion started her quiet trek to shelter, Rui decided to tag along.

"Good idea! We shouldn't keep the jounin waiting any longer. We'll follow your lead!" She turned back to face the genin who followed her path, to the stragglers finally making their way over the wall, and to the few who rested before heading inside, and beckoned them to come along. There's an extra hop in her step when she catches sight of the boy who didn't throw her off the side of the wall for knocking into him earlier.

"C'mon, my bumper buddy!" A cheeky smile through chattering teeth. "Thank you, by the way. For, y'know, the catch! I'm, uh, Rui."

Rui. Just Rui. No mention of a clan or traditional "Ino" name. Not yet. She'd make them focus on the girl as an individual for now.

Before she turned her back and jogged to catch up with her new gal-pal, she made sure to let him know:

"And for the record, I'd say our first trust fall exercise was a big success!"

She continued marching alongside her new comrades like this, exchanging names she'd try and fail to memorize, starting up as much jolly small talk as possible to break the ice and distract from the icy cold on their way to the village center. A lot of "Cool dragon, what's his name?" and "Is your name really Boulder?," alongside occasional nervous waves and polite smiles in the direction of one cloaked boy, eerily silent and extra intimidating.

The chatting made the walk shorter for her, and made it infinitely longer for  the kids who just wanted to head to the base in peace.

-

Edited by Sotto Voce, 18 October 2016 - 03:47 PM.

• Raiden, RathyOro and Mouse like this

#10 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:16 PM

sickle-64.png

18px-Kirigakure_Symbol.svg.png -MITOSHI

Mitoshi had dropped down from the wall and somehow his teammates had not made it across yet.

Because of that, he ended up in a very mixed group with Genins from all of the major villages. Mitoshi hated situations like this. The socializing nature of the situation felt like acid on his skin and opening himself to others like painfully peeling layers off his own body. He quickly slipped into the background of the whole group and observed and analysed, his peoplewatching skills coming in very handy as they move 

Mitoshi hadn't really been bothered by the cold. Or the semi-blizzard summoned by the voice. He hadn't been bothered by the chatter amongst his temmates and the rest of the Genin. Or the fact that their first task had been so obscenely tedious and redundant... 

But her.

It wasn't that this Ruina talked too much. 

It was the manner in which she did it. Jittery. Noisy. The way her hair fluttered wildly in the wild wind that even her sharp, high-frequency voice penetrated. Her incredibly inquisitive nature. The way she drew attention to herself by doing this.

... Her whole demeanour screamed target

The others were different. Well, not nearly as bothering anyway. 

The boy with the Dragon summon - Mitoshi thought he had heard the name Ryuma in a passing conversation - was interesting. A summon of that caliber was highly unusual for a Genin. But using a summon like that for a relatively menial task like the one they just performed...? Either he had some amazing chakra reserves or was just trying to show off in a rather dumb way. Maybe both.

The big guy from Iwa was a weird one. Boulder looked kind, giving off a vibe of intellect in direct contrast to his massive size. Would he even use his strength in combat? Anyhow, he was the kind of target Mitoshi hated. Too keen.

The konoha boy - the heterochromiac Setsuna - seemed to had regained his heat somewhat and seemed generally open to outsiders. Not a strange one, seemed like a very average shinobi. But Mitoshi wondered, how the boy had made it passed the wall so quickly. A secret talent?

The black-haired boy from Amegakure - Issei? - walked quite a bit away from Mitoshi and he had a hard time making out the words he spoke. But he seemed like one of the most straightforward of the bunch, seemingly answering politely to any of the obnoxious Kunoichi's questions.

The suna girl almost made Mitoshi stumble in his steps. Eien. She was off. And not in a mild way. Her whole appearance was petite, neat and Mitoshi nearly caught himself thinking beautiful. And yet... All of Mitoshi's senses were giving off a blaring danger signal. Mitoshi couldn't pinpoint it. Her cover was too good. It almost caused a tickle in his hands, his palms strangely itchy. Unnerving. She almost reminded him of his clan members. What was she?

When Eien slipped away from Ruina's chatter, Mitoshi stealthily moved in behind her and asked her, in his quiet, gray voice...

"... What are you hiding?"

Edited by Morfeus, 18 October 2016 - 06:20 PM.

• Raiden, Blue22, RathyOro and 2 others like this

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#11 Mouse

Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNot Found.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:49 PM

tumblr_inline_of7gm0bJdh1u8cnt2_540.pngtumblr_inline_of7gm0thIt1u8cnt2_540.pngtumblr_inline_of7gm0cOvG1u8cnt2_540.png

Eɪᴇɴ Sᴜɴɪɴᴀ 

There were already ninja left behind on the other side of the wall. Would anyone notice if Sunina killed one squeaky genin? She could start a blizzard. Bury her alive with all of the snow. No one would find the body. 

Realistically, it's a bad idea. People would notice. This "Rui" made too much noise. For every nine ninja who would be relieved, there'd be one holier-than-thou Leaf ninja who would make a scene. It would be too inconvenient, she figures, so she'll just have to wait to a more timely opportunity. Until then, she'd walk quietly and unresponsively, and maybe after several rounds of talking to a wall who just wanted to keep her eyes on the mission and get indoors, she would leave her alone. And this plan seemed to work (or maybe she had Rui's short attention span to thank). Rui wound up distracted by conversations with their other peers, and Sunina had the opening to walk ahead of the pack.

She masks her mouth with the collar of her oversized winter cape-- not a gesture of "I'm cold," but a notice of "I'm closing off and have no interest in talking to any of you people." She gets to march in serenity for a few minutes. 

Of course, Sunina's luck: escape one nuisance, and another will find her. 

She's caught off guard when someone sneaks up behind her, but she doesn't have to look to guess who it is. It's someone who spent way too much time honing stealth and no time learning the social tact not to ask a question like that. It's someone who clings to the element of surprise, relied on hiding and shock value to win a fight, expected her to be startled into revealing that kind of intimate information. It's someone who was too scared to reveal himself in front of the group and chose to prey on a loner. It's one of the Mist ninja, she's certain.

And irritated as she is, it's a bad idea to start anything right here and now. Her mother suggested that, if she plays her cards right, Lord Kazekage will let her out of this hell on good behavior. So she doesn't say that she's hiding a hearty laugh at this boy's arrogance, or that she's hiding a deep-rooted hatred for all of the foreigners around her, or that she's hiding the urge to commit a genocide in the near future. She plays the role of a young girl who's simply exhausted and a little cranky from the trip, and she plays it well.

Gaze shifts from her destination, past the boy, over at a yapping Rui, and then forward again. In a dry voice that's nearly muffled by the chatter behind them, she answers, 

"A migraine."

When she'd turned her head back from Rui, Sunina caught sight of the ninja's ghostly face. It was the boy who played with sickles. He's fast, but not as fast as her. He has the kind of face that burned into a person's mind in an instant, with sunken-in features and eyes that looked like they'd seen life a few times over. And sure, maybe he's onto her, but she can pick up on his nature even sooner. He slinks in the distance, resolves to leave his own countrymen behind in a social climate like this. This is the first time she's heard his voice, while she can hear everyone else having full-blown conversations. He's a lone wolf, and wolves were always isolated by their packs for a reason. She could spin that question right back at him.

" What  are  you  hiding? "

Edited by Mouse, 23 October 2016 - 04:03 PM.

• Raiden, Blue22, RathyOro and 2 others like this

#12 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:51 PM

KAITO SAIGEN

Water_Release.png

As Kaito walked through the village, he couldn't help but admire the peace and tranquility of his surroundings. The storm has settled, covering the streets in a beautiful, relatively untouched, layer of snow. The sun hadn't peaked through the clouds yet, leaving the sky a nice deep grey (maybe it was the Kirigakure in him, but he always found grey skies to be quite soothing). The only sounds that traveled through the land were the gentle footsteps of the elderly on their morning strolls, and the occasional laughter of children. It actually reminded him of the rare occasions where it snows in Konoha. Those were pretty much the only times he had fun with his family. Sure a lot of it was survival training, cleverly disguised as fun winter activities. But at least his parents actually bothered cleverly disguising it.

The calm atmosphere of the village put Kaito in such a good mood that he completely forgot that, not too long ago, he was scaling a wall in the middle of the worst snow storm he'd ever seen, with nothing but a pair of Kunai. Though, he had to admit, he was getting a little lonely. He hadn't expected to get so far ahead of everyone else. At least he thinks he's ahead. He caught a glimpse of Setsuna as he made it over the wall but, other than that, he hasn't seen a single fellow Genin.

And then it happened. Almost as if the Sage of the Six Paths had read his mind, Kaito heard a multitude of overlapping voices in the distance. He stopped to look back. Sure enough, he could make out what appeared to be a decent sized group of Genin coming his way. As the group came closer, he could start to see faces to associate with the voices. Most of them were kids from different villages (perfect opportunity to make new friends). There were a couple of Leaf village Genin that he recognized from the Academy. But the one who immediately caught his attention was the girl with the pink tinted hair. Ruino Yamanaka (though if he remembers correctly, she likes to be called Rui). She was an old classmate of his. They rarely ever spoke and never saw each other after graduation day, but Kaito remembers her being pretty nice. A bit of a wallflower (pun intended) whenever people talked about their families but a relatively nice person and a talented Kunoichi. It's just a shame how badly she gets the cold shoulder by so many people around the village, just because of something her parents did.

Kaito remembers the conversation he had with his mother after his first day at the academy. She had found out that he had a few classes with Rui and insisted that he stay far away from her, "Lest you find yourself caught up in the never ending scandal that is her life". Because of that, he never attempted to get too close, usually only talking to her if he needed something like a spare pencil or if he forgot what the day's homework assignment was. It's not like he wanted to heed his mother's warnings. But she had her ways of keeping an eye on him when he was at school (having an older sister for a teacher really sucked) and if he was caught socializing with Rui, after being specifically told not to, she would know...and he would pay.

But things were different now. This isn't the academy and his sister's not here to rat on him anymore (Not that it'd matter now, anyway. Sure she was an elite Jounin who could kick his ass in a heartbeat, but he stopped being afraid of his mother a long time ago. Beating him up is literally the only thing she can do to him) He's gonna talk to her. He's gonna make a friend that he should have made a long time ago. And he can't wait to see the look on his mother's face when she sees that he's made friends with "that disgraceful little Yamanaka girl".

Putting on his friendliest smile, Kaito made his way over to the group of Genin. But as he drew closer to the crowd, he couldn't help but feel an ominous presence among them. It made him feel uneasy, almost sick. And that's when he saw it. A scarred, lanky, almost skeletal figure inching its way toward Rui and a girl from Sunagakure. Kaito stopped in his tracks, unsure of what to do. He figured this terrifying figure must be a person. In fact, upon further inspection he looked like a young boy, only slightly older than him. But what could he have possibly gone through in his young life to be so...worse for wear. And, more importantly, what was he whispering to that girl?

Edited by Blue22, 18 October 2016 - 09:21 PM.

• RathyOro, Sotto Voce and Mouse like this

#13 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:57 AM

Welcome to your new home

As the chosen Genin from all across the ninja world make their way through the city, it becomes apparent just how much a blessing and a curse neutrality is. The Land of Iron was completely untouched by the war, the people here knew close to nothing of the rest of the world's suffering, what they did know was limited to late news and hearsay, and the accounts of a few stragglers. While the peace of the country maybe a respite to some, those who suffered the most during the war could be heard grumbling about their peace amongst the group.

It took some time but eventually the center was reached. Before you is a massive structure, a castle on par and possibly even superior to anything a nation's daimyo resided in. Made of polished stone the torches around the perimeter glinted off the walls, the snow not able to hide the beauty of the building. This close to the castle one would have to crane their neck to see it’s top where a light can be seen through the windows, a light shining on the five kage and the general of the samurai.

“Welcome everyone, I’m glad to see those of you who made it, and there is quite a bit more than I expected, no doubt due to some extra encouragement.”

It was a voice, a deep voice, the voice that had instructed everyone to climb the wall, and at the end of his statement he smirked and looked directly at Rui. He was a tall man of about average height, clad in brilliant crimson armor, a katana that seemed to crackle with lightning hung from the left side of his wait, and he wore a white cape like a cloak around himself.

“Now if you would follow me inside.

Ryoma turned on his heel a silent indication for them to follow or freeze. As he led the young ninja inside he wondered to himself if any them knew of who he was. Considering their age and the lack of samurai presence during the war it was doubtful, but then again Ryoma’s own fame often surprised him.

Once inside the Genin are dwarfed by the massive hall they have stepped into, pillars of the same polished stone surround him them, the swirling maze of staircases all appear to be a path to a different world. Standing on each level is a dark shadow watching them make their way through. It is also unexpectedly warm inside, as if the frigid tundra of the outside world did not exist in the castle. In the center of the hall stands 20 young samurai, about the same age as the genin that have just arrived.

Oh we samurai have contributed more than just out homeland to the Joint Shinobi Academy, our own young warriors will be participating too. The reason there are so few is because we had our own thinning out reception for them already. If you all would please file in, no need to stick to your specific village.”

Ryoma watched as the Genin gathered round, most undoubtedly doing the opposite of what he had said, a few surprisingly not caring at all.

Now some of you believe you have been chosen for your ability, skill, importance, or the political statement your involvement will make. Now while that may be true as to why whoever chose you chose you, that will not be what allows you to stay. This whole idea was conceived with a purpose in mind, those who fail to live up to that purpose will be removed, very shamefully I might add, and will miss a truly golden opportunity. An opportunity to learn from the best!”

At those words five of the many watching shadows appeared before the entire group, each from one of the major villages.

My name is Ryoma Hoshida and these are your instructors, well some of them anyway. They will be the ones here most often assisting with your training. Some of them you will undoubtedly recognize, others you will be meeting for the first time. Just like each other, right now. You have five minutes, get together forming teams of two to four, and as a team choose a number between 1 and 6, and let us know when you are ready.

Setsuna

Now that the winds had died down Setsuna let loose his cloak, chancing the cold weather of his father’s homeland. The village was quite a sight to behold in the days late dawn. Seeing people cheerfully step out without fear, without a face of anguish when looking at a destroyed home, was once again a refreshing sight. Looking around, Setsuna took notice that he was pretty much all by himself. Looking back he saw everyone trailing as they got over the wall a decent time after he had. Although this was often the case with him.

Man everyone is so slow, hopefully someone here will bring a little excitement, maybe they’ll be able to catch my coattails.

At that last thought Setsuna chuckled to himself as he made his way forward. He badly wanted to jump onto a rooftop and travel while looking at the city from a greater height. However, etiquette and caution curved this urge. Running across rooftops in a foreign land fresh after a war did not seem like the brightest idea, but he wasn’t about to allow someone else to get the drop on him so he kept a close eye incase anyone tried anything.

As he reached the center of the city Setsuna let out a low whistle as he took in the full sight of the castle. It massive and impressive, Setsuna had to take a step back in order to get a good look at it, but he couldn’t shake the feeling he was being watched, and every time he tried to locate the feeling it would vanish and reappear just as suddenly. After a short time Setsuna heard the chatter of the others finally making it. Looking back Setsuna took stock of everyone, he saw Kaito at the head of the group. Setsuna knew him from his academy days but being a little older they never spent much time together. He seemed like a cool kid, but one thing Setsuna did know and respect was Kaito’s clan name. The Saigen clan was a fearsome group and Setsuna was looking forward to what he could do.

Behind him was a very small girl with the sun kissed skin of someone from the desert. From what he could see she had what would best be described as a snarl on the face of an angel, or maybe that was just the vibe he was getting from her, or maybe it was her natural reaction to the creepy kid she was talking to. It was especially entertaining since she was sooo small when standing next to him. Of course right in the center of it all was Rui. Ruino Yamanaka, the disgraced daughter of the Yamanaka clan. How such a cute bubbly girl could be the source of so much scorn was beyond Setsuna, but she did, well her parents anyway, have negative past. Not sure of how to tread when it came to her Setsuna quietly decided on lightly, but she would still get a chance.

Further back was a white haired kid from Kumogakure who was shockingly about the same height as the girl from Sunagakure. He carried a Bo staff behind him. This intrigued Setsuna, the only staff he ever fought against was his mother's monkey summon staff so he was certainly looking forward to crossing weapons. Sadly Setsuna accidently let out a chuckle as the Kumo kid looked like a dwarf when compared to the Ame ninja next to him. Yet even bigger still was the kid all the way in the back, as he came closer his forehead protector came into view and his Iwagakure affiliation became clear.

God what are they feeding him.” Setsuna whispered under his breath.

Then suddenly that watched feeling exploded behind Setsuna as a bright red samurai appeared behind him. It was clear by the sound of his voice that this was the guy who who had instructed them to climb the wall. Inside Setsuna was once again impressed by the construction ability of the samurai. The hall they entered was magnificent, and did not have very many places to hide. Though as they walked Setsuna could feel the lurking shadows following him. At the center they gathered round the samurai’s Genin equivalent.

Hoshida sensei then introduced them to their new sensei, one of whom Setsuna knew very well.

Jafar sensei”, Setsuna’s Jounin instructor from the leaf village. Jafar gifted him with a smile from his eyes but that was it, the only recognition he would show as Ryoma was still speaking, giving them their instructions. Although usually the first to react Setsuna decided to take a back seat, knowing that some of the fastest reactions come after other have moved, and watched as everyone started to pair up.

So should I stick to what I know, or jump into something new.”

Spoiler OOC

• Raiden, Blue22, Morfeus and 2 others like this

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#14 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:09 AM

Chariku

After finally cathing his breath Chariku joined with Aotsuchi and Baku and they started to advance towards the city center with other genin. Chariku had hard time enjoying the scenery or listeing his teammates' conversation since he attracted some looks and observations. That wasn't anything new to him but the sheer numbers of them was on another level than he was ever experienced before and Chariku found it kind of unsettling.

Just when he was about to relax he was surprised again, this time different way: A Konoha girl had walked to him and asked "Is your name really Boulder?" What made it so surprising was that:

1. It came from a pretty girl since Chariku was used to only get laughed at a distance.

2. He was quite a introvert to begin with so his words were lost.

"Yeah, sure..... n-no I mean, actually it's Chariku" he finally managed to spout out of his mouth. They continued to chat for a while and then she went on her way. The talking, to his own sruprise, calmed Chariku a bit and then he actually started to observe the other genin. Since he was behind most of them he pretty much concluded that Rui was quite talkative and there was actually someone almost as tall as him.

When they arrived to the castle Chariku couldn't help but admire it's beauty and to wonder, if such detail could be made by Earth Release or even by stonesmithing. He was also glad that they finally got inside to warm themselves since the previous sweat on Charikus skin was starting to cool up, which was, lets just say, uncomfortable. Finally they entered a huge hall, where Chariku noticed the samurai apprentices and Jonin Instructors. After the instructions Aotsuchi turned towards Chariku and Baku and asked "So, how do we do this?"

Edited by Jekkusormi, 19 October 2016 - 07:30 AM.

• Sotto Voce likes this

#15 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

sickle-64.png

18px-Kirigakure_Symbol.svg.png -MITOSHI

"What are you hiding?"

Mitoshi was right.  A response like that put him on the spot. She knew exactly what she was doing. And what kind of person he was.

Even though her act was near perfect. The exhausted look in her eyes, the relaxed facial muscles, her tone of voice...

Mitoshi even began to doubt his own judgment. Her gaze might be devoid of any ill harm but something resonated... wrongly within her. 

... Killing intent?

Most of all, Mitoshi didn't want to show any cracks in his armor. And definitely not allow her the satisfaction of a weak answer.

"... I don't know what your endgame is. But let's keep out of each others way for the time being. I think... We're both better off that way.", he said and disappeared into the crowd.

This whole thing had been quite unprecedented. And she had scared him. Not consciously. No, she mostly appeared and acted like a pretty normal, tired, weary, even relatively harmless, kunoichi.
But on a unconscious level, she was terrifying. Intimidating. Her whole chakra actively trying to push him away...

"Perhaps it takes one to know one."he thought.

He ended up standing next to the one called Issei while the samurai delivered his message, silently thinking that he really hoped not to end up in the same group as Eien. 

Edited by Morfeus, 19 October 2016 - 07:42 AM.

• Sotto Voce and Mouse like this

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#16 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:39 AM

Ryuma

So it didn't take long for a whole bunch of other Genin to close the lines with him, not that he was really rushing to get inside, but it provided a good opportunity to make a few friends. After all, even among the Kumo Genin, there weren't any he would call friends really, since the most time during his academy days he had the privilege to train with Jijī-Sensei, who was without a doubt an extraordinary Shinobi and the reason Ryuma is on the right path to become one himself.

​So it shouldn't be a surprise that socializing isn't one of his strengths fortunately he didn't even had to start a conversation, thanks to the cheery Konoha Kunoichi.

"Cool dragon, what's his name?"

"Mashinryu, though if he likes you you can call him Mashin or Shin" Ryuma smiled underneath his mouth-cloth, which should be visible, since it's pretty tight

"Rui was it? I'm Ryuma, nice to meet you. I like your friendly and cheery attitude" he said pretty bluntly, still with a smile on his face and reached his hand out to greet her, while he was observing her closely "You seem quite bothered by the cold. Here take my cloak" he grabbed his, white cloak with his left hand and pulled it over his head in a wide bow, without it having hit anyone when he presented it to her. Underneath the cloak he only wears a black armor that is leaving his right chest exposed and some forearm protectors (like on my profile picture) and a white cloth pants. The left hand left a red mark on the white cloak though, since even so he cut open his palm to make his summon, Ryuma never bothered to treat the wound and he should really think about another method to get a bit of blood for the summon.

When Ryuma heard a chuckling from another white haired Genin, he only gave him a short look, that was neither filled with anger nor hatred, it was actual an indifferent look that only seemed to check, who was laughing at him, without revealing what Ryuma thought about that.

As they finally arrived in the castle he just silently listened to the instructor and quickly scanned over the 20 young Samurai when he spotted them, though he can't really judge them, because he never met any samurai before today. Then the Jonin from the major villages appeared and the Genin were ordered to group up. So Ryuma scanned the room and without really thinking much he approached Rui, since she already talked to him.

"So wanna team up?"

Edited by Raiden, 19 October 2016 - 10:39 AM.

• RathyOro and Sotto Voce like this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#17 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:45 PM

ISSEI

Issei stuck with his kinsmen on the treck toward the castle, which he assumed was to be the real testing ground. The girl from before introduced herself to Issei — her name was Rui, along with all the other Genin in the vicinity. She was real talkative, the polar opposite of Issei himself. She reminded him of Eiko — the only girl in the soldier program in Amegakure — very chatty, to the point of being obnoxious. She died on the first mission. This girl was the same way. Her attitude would get herself killed, and Issei did not admire that — but somehow he wanted their company anyhow. He didn't know what that meant, but it irritated him, and so he shook it off. 

After the presentation / speech, Issei immediately began pondering over potential team mates. He knew his own and the Amegakure kids abilities, and he needed to pick out people that complemented him. His first thought was a heavy-hitter, someone with firepower. He hadn't seen many displays of it, so he went on to his second thought; get a Samurai on his team. They knew this place — at least there was a possibility they did. They had the home-field advantage. 

In the middle of his pondering, he couldn't help but throw a glance at the Konoha girl, Rui. Could she be benificial? Probably not. His fighting style wouldn't work very well with a loudmouth... Or would it? A distraction. Someone to potentially sacrifice. Maybe there was a point to it? Or maybe — maybe he was making excuses to get her on his team.

He then saw some other boy approach her — the one that summoned a dragon smaller than himself to ride on. Could that be a worthwhile skill? Summoning? Flight is beneficial, but the boy's strength remained to be seen.

Interrupting his deliberation, Issei went over to the Land of Iron Samurai. They all looked very tense — they were taking this very seriously. They shouldered their nation's biggest chance to assert themselves internationally. Issei felt confident that whichever one he picked would be an excellent team mate, but even so he walked over to the strongest-looking one.

"I'm from Amegakure. Join me."

The boy, contrary to Issei's expectation, simply scoffed and nodded towards one of his kin, before removing himself from the formation they all stood in. It appeared as though he had a rivalry with a fellow Samurai, and was now pleased that he had been Issei's first pick.

"I'm Tetsuno. I'm strictly offensive; I'm very good at Iaido and I can cut through anything", the Samurai greeted. He did seem to be a competent warrior, equipped with a blade and only light armor, contrary to the get-up most senior Samurai seemed to wear. He didn't seem to have any sort of plan in place, however, so Issei took command.

"Issei. I can be your support. I can incapacitate enemies if I can get close."

A plan had already formed. Now for the last member or two. Issei and his new mate started walking toward Rui and the other boy, but in the corner of his eye considered Jinju as well, although he would probably not want to join up with other villages, especially Konoha. His hatred ran deeper than Issei's, who could overcome it for the sake of the 'mission. He would possibly be okay with a Samurai though. It all depended on what the Konohan could bring to the table. Barring both of them, the big character who created stone stairs back at the ice wall was also a worthy contender — he might have the defense they were missing so far.

"Can you fight?" Issei asked her, ignoring the other Genin.

Spoiler TLDR

Edited by Hyouzou, 19 October 2016 - 02:48 PM.

• Jekkusormi and Sotto Voce like this

#18 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:43 PM

KAITO SAIGEN

Water_Release.png

Kaito decided not to immediately talk to Rui. Not when it meant getting near that crypt keeper looking guy. And he wasn't the only one giving him bad vibes. While it was a more contained sense of foreboding, the girl from Suna also looked like she meant business. Unlike the boy, her killing intent was practically leaking out of every pore in her body. They were both such stark contrasts to the rest of the group, Kaito couldn't believe he was the only one even the slightest bit concerned.

Deciding not to immediately integrate into the group of Genin, Kaito kept a small distance between them while also keeping an eye on the two anomalies.

"They are threats" he heard a voice in the back of his mind say "Keep your distance until the moment is right."

((AN: Navy text = Focused Mode. Italics = thoughts))

Kaito knew this voice in his head, all too well. And if he wasn't careful, it would become more than just a voice. He pulled a small mirror out of his pocket to inspect his eyes. Sure enough, there was a brief flash of blue in his, usually green, irides. He hates when his Focused Mode sneaks up on him like this. It's annoying enough when he can feel it coming. Usually all it takes is a few deep breathes to subdue it when he feels it coming, but every now and then, something completely random will happen that sets it off without warning. Especially when it thinks his life is in danger.

"No" He thought to himself "Just calm down. They're not even doing anything"

"Yet"

"Shut up. Just go back into the darkest corner of my brain, where you belong."

"Not until the threat has passed. Just because you don't value your life, doesn't mean I don't."

"Oh my God. Please stop talking."

"Just be thankful talking is all I can do at the moment. Though...maybe if I piss you off some more, I can take over again. Last time was so much fun."

"Ignoring you now"

Kaito didn't like to sugarcoat things. He knows he's partially insane. He knows it's not normal for people's Kekkei Genkai's to gain sentience. And he knows its his parents' fault. Just one more reason why he didn't particularly care for them. Training at the Academy was fun. And doing some occasional training at home was alright too. But his parents, specifically his mother, took it overboard. There was almost never a moment's peace in his house when he was a child. The constant sneak attacks. Always having to sleep with one eye open. Always having to worry about whether or not his food had been poisoned (thanks to his Medical Nin father). They succeeded in their desperate attempt to mold him into the perfect Ninja and the perfect heir to the Saigen clan, but not in the way any of them had envisioned. All the sleepless nights. All the paranoia. All the frustration. All the stress. It manifested itself in the form of a Kekkei Genkai he didn't even know he had.

It started out small. When he was only 10 years old. Every now and then there'd be a tiny voice in his head, a voice that sounded strangely like his own. It would always lecture him and criticize his laid back attitude even worse than his mother did. But as the months went by, the voice became louder and meaner. Always at its loudest whenever Kaito was upset. Things finally came to a head when he was 11. He had just graduated from the Academy when his mother thought it would be appropriate to take him on a Jounin level mission with her and a few other members of their clan. This included his older sister, Hiyori, who hated him for "stealing" what was rightfully hers. Their group was ambushed by enemy ninja. The last thing he remembered was being tied up and carried away by the enemy. His sister watched them take him away. She was...smiling. The last words he heard were "human trafficking" before he completely blacked out. When he came to, he was surrounded by the dead bodies of the enemy Ninja. Every last one of them, soaking wet and covered in senbon. The clan members who survived the battle looked at him with a mixture of awe and horror. Hiyori looked absolutely terrified. His mother grinned from ear to ear. None of them had never seen such cold brutality from Kaito. In just a few minutes, he had become everything she'd been working so hard to make him. And it made him sick. She spent every training session since that day, intentionally provoking him until he became her "perfect warrior" again. His father explained that it's a Kekkei Genkai passed down from his genes. One that's usually only supposed to heighten the user's mental acuity and Chakra control. But in Kaito's case, it became a full blown split personality.

Once again, Kaito had become so lost in thought that he forgot where he was. He and the other Genin had finally reached their destination; a huge castle that put even the Hokage Mountain to shame. He stared in awe at its size. He had never seen a building as amazing as this in his life. Almost as if to match the castle's extravagance, a lone Samurai, in dazzling red armor, emerged from the front gate and instructed everyone to follow him inside. He gave a cool speech about what an honor it was for them all to be there, or something along those lines. Kaito wasn't paying full attention. He was too busy taking in all the sights. He noticed the Jounin from Konoha among the teaching staff. Jafar. Kaito's had the pleasure of working with him a few times when he was on missions with his mom. Apparently they were put on a team together as Genin and remained relatively close since then  He was a pretty cool guy, despite his reputation painting him as some cold blooded killer.

Much to his disappointment, Kyoko-Sensei wasn't among the Konoha Jounin who would be teaching them. She already told Kaito that she wouldn't be but he was holding out hope that she might have been lying to surprise him. He'd say that she's like a mother to him, but there's not a big enough age gap between them for that to be appropriate. At only 20 years old, she's one of the village's youngest Jounin. She's more like an older sister...one that doesn't hate him for something that was never his fault.

He heard the Samurai tell them they had five minutes to pick their teammates. He panicked so hard that he could have sworn he'd gone back into Focused Mode.

"Five minutes!? That's not enough time to know if I wanna work with somebody!" He complained

Edited by Blue22, 19 October 2016 - 07:26 PM.

• RathyOro, Morfeus, Sotto Voce and 1 other like this

#19 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

tumblr_m7mo36y1Ai1r0otxk.jpg

| a clean slate to spoil.

Was this how it felt to live outside of a constant state of paranoia and preoccupation with proving your worth to a whole country that can't look you in the eye? Nice. Better bask in this while you have the chance, kid. Sooner or later, someone's gonna spill the beans.

-

Rui kept her distance from Konoha ninja under the guise of wanting to interact with new people, and with this strategy she managed to make more friends over the course of an hour than she had in her collective thirteen years in Konoha. Among them: a smooth gentleman from Kumo, a sunny angel from Suna, a faithful hero from Ame, and a fearsome warrior from Iwa. She was even graced with public approval from quite possibly the dreamiest jounin in shinobi history, which was met with a bashful laugh and hair twirled between her fingers.

Rounding up a team couldn't be hard when she was, decidedly, the life of the party. (Remember the days when her academy instructors had to force student project groups to let her join them?) But Rui had her eyes set on a shy little girl from Suna. She knew she'd find her in the crowd of Suna ninja. Rui ran up from behind when the girl saw her staring longingly at the Kirigakure genin group, wrapped her arms around her and rested her chin on her shoulder. That's the way other girls used to greet their best friends in the academy, and she always wanted to try it. Playing the supportive, slightly taller and more extroverted friend always appealed to her, unattainable as it used to be.

“Hey, teammate! You don’t have to be shy! This is about working with new people! Le’see... Who should we work with...?”

She stared in to the direction her buddy was looking in, and realized that she was looking specifically at the skinny Kirikagure boy with the hood. And for a split second, it seemed like he glanced back. Rui nearly gasped at the epiphany. They were the perfect fit. The Desert Dandelion was the only person who was sweet and gentle and kind enough to get him to speak earlier. She didn't know what exactly they were talking about, but they were opening up to each other, weren't they? Goodness, they were made for each other. And maybe she could get him to like Rui, too. He wasn't the most inviting person, and quite frankly, she preferred to have someone else break the ice.

“Yeesh! You two can’t keep your eyes off of each other, can you? I’m sensing some wicked teamwork chemistry.” Rui let go of her hold from behind in exchange for interlocking elbows with the girl, and in the same movement, she swung her partner round and round and threw that 90 lbs. of pure blonde stoicism into the boy’s personal space. “Ask him to join us!”

She was going to follow after her, until she saw the not-so-sunshiney look on that angel's face when she stumbled into his vicinity. Suddenly realizing that she made a terrible mistake, Rui backed away, giving those scary wallflowers a big, nervous, toothy smile and two shaky thumbs up before running back into the crowd.

...Alright, so one friendship may have gone down the drain there. But she had other options, surely. She sifted through potential partners before noticing her boulder-boy buddy Chariku standing bashfully alongside his teammates. An alliance with that team sounded like fun!

“So what do we do now?”

Rui wrapped an arm around the boy who asked the question. Leaned her head on his shoulder as if she’d known him for years. 

“What you do now is break out of your comfort zone!” 

They seemed like a fun lot. She recognized Chariku's teammates as the spirited genin who turned the wall climb into a race. But when she recognized something else, she had second thoughts. Iwakagure headbands. She couldn’t do this. If a Konoha ninja saw her gravitating toward these kids, they’d get suspicious. They’d start talking. They'd start warning people. They'd start rumors, tell people she was so friendly with these kids because she had history with them, tell people she was hired by their parents, tell people the four of them were going to launch an attack on the academy. In an instant, Rui's comfort with this group was gone, and she broke off the intimate body language. Her new focus was finding a way to walk away from this group without acting suspicious. Finish your point, Rui, and move the hell on.

She locked eyes with good ol’ Boulder. “Chariku, I think there’s a team over there who could use a gentle giant.” She pushed off of the boy (what was his name? Aotsuchi?) and hopped in Chariku’s direction, landing with both hands on his shoulders. With a gentle but assertive touch, she spun him to face her desert angel and the cloaked boy. She gave him a nudge, albeit there wasn’t much strength in her body to move a boy his size.

When she heard the frantic voice of a Konoha boy nearby, she decided it was time to flee the area, excused herself, and speedwalked out of there with as much subtly as a manic terrorism suspect could manage.

Kaito Saigen hated her. She knew it. She could tell from the way he kept his distance. He was too polite to say anything, but too smart to let his guard down around her. He was a Saigen. He was bred to watch out for and eliminate supposed threats like her. The clan was way too strict to give her the benefit of the doubt, and he may have been more successful in hiding it, but she couldn't imagine Konoha's most austere and disciplined clan giving him an opening for starry-eyed thinking. A casually leery attitude and extra careful monitoring from his sister made it clear that Ruino could never be trusted as an ally to the Saigen clan. And she couldn't blame Kaito. She couldn't even blame his sister. They were a by-the-books clan taking the necessary precautions with nothing but the best interests of the village in mind. But she couldn't go near him. She needed to stay far out of his thoughts and pray he would be too distracted by the rustle of the academy to mention the threat she posed to the other ninja.

Rui was broken out of her escape route reverie when she was approached by Ryuma, the Kumo boy who tried to give her his cloak earlier - what a doll! What a relief! She’d never take him up on his offer out in the cold, but she couldn't refuse a team-up. 

“You, and me, and Mashin makes three, my friend!” Was that the right name? Oh, she really hoped so. She blew enough friendships over the last four minutes. 

“...And he makes four!”

She sung when she caught sight of the Ame boy approaching. First he broke her fall, and now he was going to break her losing streak. 

She turned back to Ryuma. “We should ask him to join in. He’s a total sweetie, you’re gonna love ’im!”

“Can you fight?”

...Or not. There was a sinking feeling in her chest when the boy she just introduced as "the sweetest” went on to blatantly ignore the existence of a person standing right beside him. She tried to bail him out of this, pretend it was a general question directed at the both of them and not a complete dismissal of Ryuma.

“You think the JSA chose us for our looks?” A little eyebrow raise when she said “us.” A declaration that they were a package deal. He could sympathize. He was en route with one of the hometown samurai - which, for the record, was great to see. Land of Iron understood peace better than any other nation. To ally with one of them meant to agree with their politics; it was a sign of good character on her new friend's part.

She smiled at the prospect of their two duos coming together to make one team. 

“You know something? I think four is our lucky number.”

-

Spoiler TLDR

Edited by Sotto Voce, 21 October 2016 - 09:35 PM.

• Raiden, Jekkusormi and Mouse like this

#20 Mouse

Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNot Found.

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:01 PM

tumblr_inline_no9fo7No5b1sg8a1v_100.png

Eɪᴇɴ Sᴜɴɪɴᴀ 

Sunina let her guard down, didn't realize that one hyperactive girl could be so obnoxious and tactless as to toss her into the space of the boy she was conspiring against. And here's her punishment for underestimating the audacity of the Hidden Leaf village: she's stumbled smack dab into her new arch enemy.

It's decided, then. Sunina's going to kill someone. And it's not the walking corpse who dared threaten her earlier. It's not the Kiri boy with a presence like a buzzard–– looming, ominous, waiting for an opening to rip her apart, picking and prying at her innermost secrets like sweet fresh meat. It’s not the condescending creep who fled when he found she was no easy prey. It’s not Ghostface. Not yet.

It's the twee, abhorable optimist. It's the Konoha girl with the singsong voice, like a puny bird chirping in the morning–– sounds pretty in theory, but in context you're willing to reach out the window and CRUSH that songbird with your bare hands to get yourself some quiet and rest. It's the naive airhead who's encouraging the delusional instructors to keep giving them team exercises. It's Rui. Rui has to die. Sunina's going to make sure of it.

She turns, glares at that helpless canary with the wrath of Koichi Shido himself

And that's what it took for Rui to get the message apparently. Sunina was finally free of her, but now she's stuck dealing with the aftermath. She's expected to be on a team with this nosy freak. Although, all things considered... She doesn't have many other options. Her Sunagakure peers all turned her down-- cowards. And she would die before she proposed a team with the likes of barbarians from Kumo or Iwa. Her haunter would suffice. In fact, this could even be beneficial to her future plans for him.

Kiri soldiers are only threatening when hiding in the shadows. If she can figure out her enemy’s prowess and secrets before they engage in combat, he’s doomed. So her new plan is to see, up close and personal, what he could do. And once his mist of mystery dissolves, he'll have nothing left to threaten her with.

She looks up at him-- nearly snaps her own neck to look him in the eye with the 14-inch height disparity between them, but her pride makes her feel like she's the one staring down on him. She doesn't propose they form a team; just acts like it's already been decided. It’s not like he’s making any progress in forming a team for himself when he doesn’t even speak. And he’s no one to judge her for being “off” or “impolite” or “lacking basic human courtesy.” Dismissing his earlier suggestion that they keep their distance, she establishes their new relationship dynamic.

"I am Sunina of the Eien clan." She doesn't bow. "You may choose the number." 

She doesn't have time to gauge his reaction when she sees Rui's work wasn't finished. Rolling in their direction was the scorn of Iwa, a living symbol of their ugly decadence and lack of self control: the fat boy called "Boulder."

...You've got to be kidding.

The Land of Fire will burn to the ground for this.

Edited by Mouse, 23 October 2016 - 09:08 PM.

• Raiden, Blue22, RathyOro and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users